• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:12 AM

Hi everyone. Chace from AO asked me to post up a rundown of my latest project here. Ill try to abbreviate/condense a couple different threads to simplify things. Ill be doing an in depth, ongoing review but we will save that for another thread.

I had been kicking around several ideas to make myself a more user friendly woodsball marker for myself. My requirements were very basic. 1: I wanted a side deeding body. 2: Simple design 3: Easy maintenance. After kicking around several cantidates I settled on one of BT's new Mini based TM-15's.

Here is what I started with:

Shown with Sanchez Machine SM1 and w/o flip up sights/hopper adapter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I knew form the start that I wanted to shorten the foreguard. So I took the front down to the second internal body baffle. I used a fine metal hacksaw and mitre box for the rough cuts. Then I bolted the clamshells together and dressed the end nice and square/smooth with a flat file. The detail areas around the picatinny I did with a needle file. A quick buff with some 400 grit wet sand and it read to paint.

I used Krylon Fusion CAMO paint. Their camo stuff is really tough and fairly flexible. Much more so than their regular Fusion colors. It also dries really flat. I did very little body prep. A light scuffing with 400 grit and a wipe down with paint thinner (mineral spirits.) Everything got several light coats in either tan, olive drab or dark brown. I painted the rails first. Then masked them off an did the rest of the body. I finished off the detail on the fire modes with some Testors model paint and a toothpick. I used a flat stiff bristle brush for the TM lettering.

So then it was on to the box magazine. This was the reason I wanted a side feeding marker to start with. In an age of force fed hoppers a top loading marker is just dumb. I got the inspiration from Oily's M249 box magazine. Props to him for being the pioneer. I decided to use an Airsoft mag since it would require little modding to fit the mag well on the TM-15. The steel mag took some Dremel work as the retaining slot was off a bit. The interior also too copious amounts of Dremeling to remove all the Airsoft guts and dividers. The plastic its made if is unbelievably tough. I used a couple of 3/4" copper elbows for directing the paint from the chopped Reloader B and into the marker. I used a cut 140 round pod for the feed port. This will eventually be widened at the neck with a speed feed. Epoxy was used for all the bonding work. The last thing to do was mount the board. Having access to it was an issue. So I decided to cut the back off of the Reloader B shell and make an external mount. It plugs in via slot in the back of the mag. Test firing with 6 AA's keeps up with the 10 bps full-auto setting on the TM-15.

So without further ado here is the (semi)finished result:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is a pic of the mag internals I took during mock up:

Posted Image

#2 Stev02112

Stev02112

My name is Stev, not Steve.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

Really fucking cool. Drum mags on small guns FTW!
Posted Image

#3 Chace365

Chace365

Slurm!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hey Warwitch!
Thank you so much for doing this!
Many members were interested in this.
Looks cleaner than the one over on UMS, eh?
B)
Want to be an ASS-HAT?
Go ahead and put a big FIRST as a reply to someones question.
Posted Image
Modder's Guild- Where custom is customary.

#4 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

Nein, you tiny demons! NEIN!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

Warwitch, Deadpool was showing off some of your work and had me drooling all over the place. I hope you don't mind if I copy your general design for a project of my own? It'll basically be the same thing, except mounted on a rail instead of in a mag-well.

If you're interested in making a little coin, I'd be happy to pay you to do it, though...

Posted Image

Grammar Nazi Fuhrer : LL3 Soulja : Eleven Percenter

#5 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

Warwitch, Deadpool was showing off some of your work and had me drooling all over the place. I hope you don't mind if I copy your general design for a project of my own? It'll basically be the same thing, except mounted on a rail instead of in a mag-well.

If you're interested in making a little coin, I'd be happy to pay you to do it, though...

Hey go nuts man! Its actually Oily's original idea, I got it from him. And though I appreciate the offer I doubt Ill be doing another one any time soon. I have a couple more mods in mind for this and the wife only allows me so much tool time. :P

#6 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

I've been wanting to make a box mag for my A-5 for a while, I just need the cash. Also, what hose did you use to connect the boxmag and marker? and where can I pick some up?

#7 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

I've been wanting to make a box mag for my A-5 for a while, I just need the cash. Also, what hose did you use to connect the boxmag and marker? and where can I pick some up?

Thats AGD Warp feed hose. You can get it at Pro Team Products: <<< Pro Warp feed hose >>>

The stuff is much better than the Q-loader type hose. The Warp hose has a spiral wire that keeps the hose from getting crushed if it takes a hit. It flows paint with much less resistance too.

#8 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

And though I appreciate the offer I doubt Ill be doing another one any time soon. I have a couple more mods in mind for this and the wife only allows me so much tool time. :P

That's alright, I knew it was a longshot anyways. And for some reason, I thought you were a woman. :blink: Awkwaaaarrrrd...

The Warp hose has a spiral wire that keeps the hose from getting crushed if it takes a hit. It flows paint with much less resistance too.

Very good to know. I had been planning to use Warp hose, and was concerned about it being able to take a hit.

Posted Image

#9 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

So can you explain a little more in-depth about the boxmag? (specifically the reloader b part) did you have to hack the bottom peice of the hopper off? or? :blink: (yeah, im confizzled)

Edited by Đάłŧŏŋ, 23 August 2009 - 12:14 PM.

#10 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

Do you foresee the mag catch not being able to hold the whole weight of the mag?

Edited by U83R 1337, 23 August 2009 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#11 Chace365

Chace365

Slurm!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

He already said over on AO that he put some through it alright.
I think. :blink:
Want to be an ASS-HAT?
Posted Image

#12 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

So can you explain a little more in-depth about the boxmag? (specifically the reloader b part) did you have to hack the bottom peice of the hopper off? or? :blink: (yeah, im confizzled)

The only thing I did was cut the down spout off the raceway and add the copper elbow. I cut the board mount section off the back of the Reloader shells so I could make a mount. I didnt want the hopper board inside the mag. Its much easier to turn on/off and makes more room inside for paint.

Do you foresee the mag catch not being able to hold the whole weight of the mag?

It holds everything very securely when fully loaded. The system holds about 175 rounds. Which is ideal for me. Im not a paint slinger. Almost always shoot semi only and I rarely carry more than two pods on the field. My goal for the mag was being able to fit 140 so I could use full size pods. I have a plan to move the batteries outside too so that should add another 50 rounds or so. :)

Edit: I have run a couple hoppers through the system with no problems. But it will be a bit before I can get more air for further testing and vid.

Edited by Warwitch, 23 August 2009 - 12:34 PM.

#13 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

If I was you, I would remove the magwell and put it on some picatinny rails. Then you would be able to hold another like..... 50+ paintballs.

#14 Chace365

Chace365

Slurm!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

If I was you, I would remove the magwell and put it on some picatinny rails. Then you would be able to hold another like..... 50+ paintballs.

Dude. The magwell is what's holding the boxmag on.
Want to be an ASS-HAT?
Posted Image

#15 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

Did I not say mount it on some picatinny rails?

#16 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

That's what I'm planning on doing. Just need to find the appropriate rail hardware to secure the plastic.

Something like this,

Posted Image

but maybe a little cheaper than fifty freakin' bucks. I'm trying to keep my total project budget under a hundred bucks. The airsoft ammo box will cost me around $30, and if I can grab a Reloader B used that'll probably be another $40 or so.

Edited by PrometheanFlame, 23 August 2009 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Moving it forward wouldnt give me the clearance to reach around the mag.

#18 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

I think he meant cutting the mag-well off the gun itself and extending the foregrip rails back where it used to be. The loader would then mount there.

Posted Image

#19 spankopotomous=paintball

spankopotomous=paintball

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

OMG that is one of the best looking mil-sim guns I have ever seen :rolleyes:

AWESOME JOB

SPANKO TO THE RESCUE!!! My Feedback +23/0/0

#20 Gibbs

Gibbs

reppin the 613

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

wow, that looks so badass

#21 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

Shown with Sanchez Machine SM1

Lies! That is most definitely the muzzle of an Orbium! :P

(I know the Orbium is technically the "Sanchez Machine SM-1 Orbium" though...)

-Z3R0

Edited by Z3R0, 23 August 2009 - 02:12 PM.

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8, Hybrid NXT, E-Mag

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#22 OnOppositeDay

OnOppositeDay

Monkey Without A Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

holy shit that thing is raw
I rock a black DP G3 with a CP reg, CP barrel, CP trigger, 7th element board, and custom grips, on a 68 45 ninja tank and "Magnalo" (halo in a magna shell).

Team Infidels

#23 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

I think he meant cutting the mag-well off the gun itself and extending the foregrip rails back where it used to be. The loader would then mount there.

Ah, I see. No thanks though. The advantages would be minimal in regards to the cutting involved. And I can always run with a top mounted hopper and stock mag if I have any issues.

#24 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

That's what I'm planning on doing. Just need to find the appropriate rail hardware to secure the plastic.

Something like this,

Posted Image

but maybe a little cheaper than fifty freakin' bucks. I'm trying to keep my total project budget under a hundred bucks. The airsoft ammo box will cost me around $30, and if I can grab a Reloader B used that'll probably be another $40 or so.

I think I might try and manufacture the actual box out of aluminum. Just because it will be strong as hell. As for the Reloader B, I was going to buy one USED. So if I found one with a crack in the shell, it wouldn't matter? (trying to save some cash)

Edited by Đάłŧŏŋ, 23 August 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#25 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

The only thing I did was cut the down spout off the raceway and add the copper elbow. I cut the board mount section off the back of the Reloader shells so I could make a mount. I didnt want the hopper board inside the mag. Its much easier to turn on/off and makes more room inside for paint.

It holds everything very securely when fully loaded. The system holds about 175 rounds. Which is ideal for me. Im not a paint slinger. Almost always shoot semi only and I rarely carry more than two pods on the field. My goal for the mag was being able to fit 140 so I could use full size pods. I have a plan to move the batteries outside too so that should add another 50 rounds or so. :)

Edit: I have run a couple hoppers through the system with no problems. But it will be a bit before I can get more air for further testing and vid.

You could do the 9 volt mod and move the battery right next to the battery for the marker couldn't you?

#26 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

You could do the 9 volt mod and move the battery right next to the battery for the marker couldn't you?

Ive got something better in mind. :D

#27 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

???

Posted Image

#28 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

???

lol, no. Car batteries are for the bedroom only.

Actually Im going to put a Duey Dog BONE pack inside one of these Airsoft battery packs. They are disguised as vis/IR laser units. But is just an empty case. :ninja:

Posted Image

Im not one to just slap useless crap on my marker. I figure I can add a little visual coolness and utility at the same time.

Edited by Warwitch, 23 August 2009 - 04:23 PM.

#29 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Go with the car battery, just strap it to your back! You'll have endless battery life and look like a retarded form of rambo at the same time.

Edited by Đάłŧŏŋ, 23 August 2009 - 07:00 PM.

#30 ian6

ian6

The leagues of Ian's

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

dude mad props for that clip
PMR :]

#31 Tmaned

Tmaned

I inspired Prome's member title!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

I'd like to be the first one here to say:

OM NOM NOM

"Experience is a nice way to say you've had your ass handed to you in a very unpleasant way and you learned something from it." Rob Rubin
"I'm certified to administer first-aid massages in the event of female breast trauma. I have a card and everything."- Prometheanflame
"You can wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first. The numbers come back, and it sure as hell ain't the lucky one, son."

#32 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

lol, no. Car batteries are for the bedroom only.

;) I like your style.

Posted Image

#33 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

Just wondering, what did you use to connect the elbow from the copper fitting to the marker? Did you make that or purchase it somewhere?

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#34 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

;) I like your style.

Then I, good sir, like yours. :P

Just wondering, what did you use to connect the elbow from the copper fitting to the marker? Did you make that or purchase it somewhere?

Thats the Rip Clip adapter that came with the TM-15. I had to Dremel it out a bit to make everything match up. Then I epoxied everything in place.

#35 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Ah I see.

Dammit man! I just got the inner gun whore inside to get over a karni, now I'm kinda feeling about getting a TM15!

In any case, Good work! That's one awesome marker you have there.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#36 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

Ah I see.

Dammit man! I just got the inner gun whore inside to get over a karni, now I'm kinda feeling about getting a TM15!

In any case, Good work! That's one awesome marker you have there.

Much thanks for the comments everyone. Its been a really gratifying project so far. Ive had a ton of customs done over the years. But this is the first marker Ive modded since my 'Nelly back in about '93. And its sooooo much cheaper to DIY. :P Ive got the design and fabrication skills. I just have no tools.... :angry:

Edit: Added some Aimpoint T-1 sweetness to the mix. Yes, I painted that too. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Warwitch, 24 August 2009 - 02:56 PM.

#37 FireFrenzy

FireFrenzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

Paint the tubing and sand down the epoxy a little if you can do that it'll be made of own and win:) well that idea for that externam battery case seems like a sound one! do let us know how everything works out!

#38 Deadpool

Deadpool

Knock knock. I have a delivery of pain, will you sign?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

:wub:

is all I have to put....

Soooooo when can we put in some orders??? lol (ignoring what you said about the drebel work).....

Edit: to make your work easier you wouldnt have to paint it....lol (though I bow to your paint mastery)

Edited by Deadpool, 25 August 2009 - 09:10 AM.

#39 Chace365

Chace365

Slurm!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

Hey deadpool, how about this?
He make a video for a how-to?
It will be much easier to do that.
Want to be an ASS-HAT?
Posted Image

#40 Deadpool

Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

Well you know what they say - Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

or something like that :lol:

#41 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

Paint the tubing and sand down the epoxy a little if you can do that it'll be made of own and win:) well that idea for that externam battery case seems like a sound one! do let us know how everything works out!

The Warp hose is going to be left like it is so I can see if paint is feeding. ;) But yeah, Im cleaning up some of the epoxy welds as I go along. I also took the top down on the RC mount so I could better see the sight. Works great, no need for a riser since I dont use the stock.

#42 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

Well you know what they say - Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

i always thought it was
"make a man a fire he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and hell be warm the rest of his life"

lol

awesome idea for the clip
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#43 Deadpool

Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

i always thought it was
"make a man a fire he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and hell be warm the rest of his life"

lol

awesome idea for the clip

I am from the "islands" so maybe the message got altered along the way - somewhere.....lmao....

But I thought more so its a biblical reference though..... not too sure....

#44 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

Fuck that. I want my fish now.

Posted Image

#45 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

Oh man!! Ive been tweaking everything today. Got a nice little QD rigged up for attaching the hose to the gun. Made a cutout so I can use a rip wheel to prime the line too.

Everything is running in spank-tacular fashion. There are going to be some very unhappy opponents at the next game. Them = :angry: Me = :lol:

Im going to try to shoot/post a video tomorrow.

#46 slgballa94

slgballa94

first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

thats pretty cool! llike the hacked up reloader b!
Pump/Stock Players Clan
~first person to recieve an "accidental" 10 minute ban from pacostacos88~

#47 maddog

maddog

Eclipse GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

this is a SICK marker. im going to do this to a bt-4 combat! and to an autococker!!!!!

B/S/T +4 -0

RIP ~ BORG

Posted Image

#48 Warwitch

Warwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

Made up a custom back plate for the board housing. Have to print it up tomorrow. :D

Posted Image

#49 Stev02112

Stev02112

My name is Stev, not Steve.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

Box Mag + Posted Image = Win
Posted Image

#50 RatDragon

RatDragon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Nice touch on the back plate.

And truly Epic job all around. My girlfriend even liked it and she's not exactly fond of the milsim aspect of paintball.
"Just remember kiddies: Cheaters don't just suck, they also swallow too!"-Tyger
"A Player's Personal Preference is what determines what he/she wants on a Marker, not what other people think that the Player should have on the marker." EvilFingers
Support Grassroots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users