13 replies to this topic

#1 Legendor

Legendor

Banned From Chat :(

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hey guys, I bought a used spyder vs3. I first tried to shoot it with pure energy 70/45 tank. It has an UPZ on/off asa and a Trinity T clamp feedneck. When I air it up, the gauge on the gun goes up, so I know its aired up. I have a battery in and the solenoid is clicking. But nothing shoots. I cannot get the bolt to fire. It is stuck in the back position, it will not go forward even if I shoot with no air, eyes on/off etc. Nothing works, please help me.

You will always be in my heart, my queen.

#2 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

Back out the velocity adjuster all the way, then try it. If it's cocked and not coming forward, then the sear isn't clicking, only the solenoid. Take off the grip panel and fire the gun and watch it. If all else fails, take off the grip frame and it will release the striker.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#3 Extreme-RecBaller

Extreme-RecBaller

Wreck-Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

HOHO UBER forgot one thing, is it a rechargeable? or just a standard 9 volt battery?
I've decided to put this as my sig, because I'm not cool enough for pictures :'(

#4 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

Standard nine volts work, they just die really fast.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#5 Extreme-RecBaller

Extreme-RecBaller

Wreck-Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

hmm, not in mine it did the same thing he described..
I've decided to put this as my sig, because I'm not cool enough for pictures :'(

#6 Legendor

Legendor

Banned From Chat :(

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

It is a standard nine volt, I tried with rechargable, same thing. I can't release the grip frame because the screw above the trigger won't let me use it with the allen keys I have. So I should make the velocity all the way down?

You will always be in my heart, my queen.

#7 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

Yes back out the velocity adjuster all the way.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#8 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

Hey sorry to bump this but this exact same thing is going on with mine, I had it rebuilt by Spyder like a year ago and has worked fine sense, now I pull it out and it just clicks, it's like the solenoid is to weak to trip the sear but I just charged it and tried it with a brand new regular 9v.

What should I try first? A new Solenoid for $20 or replace the board with the Tadao board for $30?

Edited by ScaryfatkidGT, 12 February 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#9 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

and this http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=145450 exactly what is described here but I am using the stock board?

#10 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

It's probably not the solenoid bud. First thing will be to remove the 9 volt as the problem. Spyders don't use 9v. They use 9.6v It doesn't sound like much, but it is a HUGE difference. So first step would be to get a new Kingman 9.6 volt battery for it, and see how you go with that. After that, start a new thread so that you aren't resurrecting old ones.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#11 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

The grip frame screws are metric, if I'm not mistaken.

#12 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

It's probably not the solenoid bud. First thing will be to remove the 9 volt as the problem. Spyders don't use 9v. They use 9.6v It doesn't sound like much, but it is a HUGE difference. So first step would be to get a new Kingman 9.6 volt battery for it, and see how you go with that. After that, start a new thread so that you aren't resurrecting old ones.

I have the 9.6v in it charging right now, after 6 houres it still did it and thats why I tried the 9v I knew was brand new.

So I should try a new battery first?

Edited by ScaryfatkidGT, 12 February 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#13 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

You need to make a new topic up for this mate.

Have a look at the capacitor, that's the big black tube soldered to the board, and tell me if the silver piece at the bottom is bulging at all. It should be perfectly flat.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#14 mr.satire

mr.satire

Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life fixing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

The issue is not with the battery, its with the hammer spring. There are two spacers in the spring system.

One sits at the hammer to prevent kinking of the spring and the other sits flush on the valve. In mine the spacers were out of place and it wouldn't fire i could get the noid to click but not trip the sear.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users