• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheRock

TheRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

The SST has been out for a while but i dont see that many bragging about it :blink: so anyone here using it and can tell anything good or bad?

Now im using, 2liter + on my crome , sidewinder and scm on dm3 and aka lpr on my pneu tac one.

I really like AKA regs and just need a good reason to get a new one :rolleyes:

#2 foxinsox50cal

foxinsox50cal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:29 AM

If memory serves me correctly the sst was put on the valhalla vikings and when they were first being tested were getting really good velocity numbers. But I do not have any first hand experience with them.
Posted Image

#3 TheRock

TheRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

Thats what ive been reading to about the valhalla.

Anyway i ordered 1 for my self and 1 for a friend, hopefully it wont take more than a week to get it here :unsure: just got mail its sent :D

Edited by TheRock, 03 September 2009 - 10:44 AM.

#4 foxinsox50cal

foxinsox50cal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

Sounds good. You should post some consistency numbers when you get it.
Posted Image

#5 TheRock

TheRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEOfOlHXmg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dCEOfOlHXmg[/url]

this is how badly it worked right out of the package!

After filling it with aka oil and backing out the velocity adjuster and turning on air to blow the oil out, it finally worked.
Dont know why i didnt filmed it when it works...:huh:

It has faster recharge then the sidewinder, maybe alittle closer chronoreadings, so far so good!

But as soon as my tank went just below 1500psi (ninja reg 500psi output) it gave me terrible dropoff in ramp 15bps.
Now i took of the sst and replaced it with my 3 year old 2liter + still the same low pressure in tank and started shooting now ramping 15bps no drop off before my output gauge on the asa reads about 400psi :D

100psi@ 290fps 14" cp barrel .693 big overboring.

Maybe the SST is better for higher pressure?, the next of higher pressure ive got is a dm3 and a freestyle 04, but not the ones i use that much so as of now the SST regs were a not so needed buy.

the cellphone i filmed with wouldnt focus as close as i liked to.

#6 TheRock

TheRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:36 PM

I did buy 2 sst regs and i tried the other one, this one worked good in recharge!
close crono readings, but it does not have a good flow at 100psi maybe its better at higher psi? tried with both 450psi output and 550psi from tank.

This is from DC " When it is run on a LP tank it will match the flow of a 2 Liter. With a LP tank it will adjust from 90- 300 PSI"

It will not match a 2liter at all! the difference is huge! dont buy it if youre running a 100psi marker:dodgy:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users