• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beornwolf

Beornwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

Well, the reg on my G3 started going insane. Like, 220 to 350 insane, or consistent 400 FPS insane, or sometimes it wouldn't cycle at all insane. Can't seem to put a finger on the problem, everything looks alright. Put a friends reg on it on tried it and it shot great.

Bottom line: The simplest solution is a new regulator. Preferably a black or silver one to match the gun, without TOO much wear. I'd need a pic to confirm its not ridiculous on wear. A CP would be nice.

Thanks!
-Beornwolf
If you pay for every cent of your gear, put this in your sig.
WTB Your Bone Stock MR1 for Milsim Project. Single Trigger Frames are NIZE.

#2 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

You don't need a new regulator. You have an original G3 regulator and the reg seat on your reg is broken because you overtightened it. Get the replacement part for free from dangerous power and you'll be good.

Posted Image

#3 The Desacrator

The Desacrator

Xtacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

Well, the reg on my G3 started going insane. Like, 220 to 350 insane, or consistent 400 FPS insane, or sometimes it wouldn't cycle at all insane. Can't seem to put a finger on the problem, everything looks alright. Put a friends reg on it on tried it and it shot great.

Bottom line: The simplest solution is a new regulator. Preferably a black or silver one to match the gun, without TOO much wear. I'd need a pic to confirm its not ridiculous on wear. A CP would be nice.

Thanks!
-Beornwolf

I have a BL torpedo and an all black reg. I can post picks of the torpedo if you want.

Posted Image

#4 Beornwolf

Beornwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

You don't need a new regulator. You have an original G3 regulator and the reg seat on your reg is broken because you overtightened it. Get the replacement part for free from dangerous power and you'll be good.

The thing is that it's practically brand new. It has the new reg seat and piston, and I didn't over tighten it. I shot it at the chronograph twice (it was at about 270) and on the third shot the reg seat blew out, snapping the retaining ring out with it (ridiculous i know). I just have no idea what caused this to happen. It was fine until today, i didnt even mess with the reg. I already contacted DP, got nothing out of it.

Edited by Beornwolf, 12 September 2009 - 09:00 PM.

If you pay for every cent of your gear, put this in your sig.
WTB Your Bone Stock MR1 for Milsim Project. Single Trigger Frames are NIZE.

#5 paintballin00

paintballin00

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

dp got bought out u so u wont be able to get in touch with them

#6 Galahad

Galahad

• Members
  • PipPip