#1 L-Jay

L-Jay

I'm British I Drink Tea And Im Not Gonna Stop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:52 AM

Hi all

Just wondering if there are any paintballers that live around the south east part of the UK who play at local venues i.e Delta force, skirmish etc

Many thanks

Lewis
Posted Image

"We are not out gunned, we are in a target rich environment!"

Mike Phillips what? Are people telling paintball players to go to slutload.com and search "paintball"? I ain't got time to watch people just going at it on the paintball field like the world's gunna end, I got choir practice in the morning. Praise the Lord!

#2 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

It's for the greater good.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

Yup I'm one, but I've never been to a Delta Force site or a skirmish one either! I just stick to my locals which are Holmbush, Surrey Paintball Centre and sometimes Campaign Paintball in Cobham.
I'LL BELIEVE IN GOD WHEN HE/SHE PHYSICALLY SLAPS ME ACROSS THE FACE!

#3 L-Jay

L-Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

Yup I'm one, but I've never been to a Delta Force site or a skirmish one either! I just stick to my locals which are Holmbush, Surrey Paintball Centre and sometimes Campaign Paintball in Cobham.

Hi mate, those fields are all pretty much next to me. For the surrey one do YOU buy your own Pballs at the field or take your own

Lewis
Posted Image

Mike Phillips what? Are people telling paintball players to go to slutload.com and search "paintball"? I ain't got time to watch people just going at it on the paintball field like the world's gunna end, I got choir practice in the morning. Praise the Lord!

#4 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

When I first went to Surrey, I brought their paint but as far as I was concerned it wasn't very good quality stuff, espcially as the box I got was all damp and some of the other guys who were there got a damp box. Although, the paintballs are sealed inside plastic bags, it was badly dimpled and the cold wouldn't of helped either! Haven't been for a while because of funds, but when I do go next, I plan on picking up a box of proto or something from Holmbush paintball shop.

#5 L-Jay

L-Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

When I first went to Surrey, I brought their paint but as far as I was concerned it wasn't very good quality stuff, espcially as the box I got was all damp and some of the other guys who were there got a damp box. Although, the paintballs are sealed inside plastic bags, it was badly dimpled and the cold wouldn't of helped either! Haven't been for a while because of funds, but when I do go next, I plan on picking up a box of proto or something from Holmbush paintball shop.

Yer good plan becuace they try and charge you about 120 for a box of 2000 and u can pick up alot better quality for 25

Lewis
Posted Image

#6 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:45 AM

Most sites charge something stupid for their boxes of paint. For instance, Holmbush and Campaign both charge 100 for them. However, that's if you go as a punter, but if you go to the site's walkon days, which are specific days for the people who have their own equipment to come and play an entire day seperate from the regular punters. And on those days they charge a lot less for the paint, at Holmbush and the Surrey Paintball Centre it's 25 for their paint and at Campaign it's 35. However, the prices may be going up soon because of the recession! The walkon's take place on a Sunday. To find out about them and what day's they take place on, just give each of the sites all call and they'll tell you all you need to know. ;)

#7 L-Jay

L-Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

Most sites charge something stupid for their boxes of paint. For instance, Holmbush and Campaign both charge 100 for them. However, that's if you go as a punter, but if you go to the site's walkon days, which are specific days for the people who have their own equipment to come and play an entire day seperate from the regular punters. And on those days they charge a lot less for the paint, at Holmbush and the Surrey Paintball Centre it's 25 for their paint and at Campaign it's 35. However, the prices may be going up soon because of the recession! The walkon's take place on a Sunday. To find out about them and what day's they take place on, just give each of the sites all call and they'll tell you all you need to know. ;)

Hi mate,

thats brilliant! ill pop down to those.

Have you got a Messenger addy because we could add each other and if we ever go on the same day we could arrange a meet up? il take no offense if u dont wish to give out that info.

Lewis
Posted Image

#8 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Unfortunately I don't have an messenger addy, just too old fashioned! Lol But feel free to contact me on here at any time. :)

I'll be going to Holmbush on the 16th November for their walkon, was going to be the 2nd November, but due to a halloween event there they post poned it till then. Feel free to come along and remember to give them a call if you do decide to go so they can fill you in on what's goes on at the site on the day etc. You should be able to find their number on their website, just google Holmbush Paintball and you should easily find it. :)

If you do go, you'll know who I am as I usually have a barrel camera strapped to my cloths and I wear Empire Woodland Camo trousers and jersey. It's what I wear at all the sites I go to.

#9 L-Jay

L-Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

Unfortunately I don't have an messenger addy, just too old fashioned! Lol But feel free to contact me on here at any time. :)

I'll be going to Holmbush on the 16th November for their walkon, was going to be the 2nd November, but due to a halloween event there they post poned it till then. Feel free to come along and remember to give them a call if you do decide to go so they can fill you in on what's goes on at the site on the day etc. You should be able to find their number on their website, just google Holmbush Paintball and you should easily find it. :)

If you do go, you'll know who I am as I usually have a barrel camera strapped to my cloths and I wear Empire Woodland Camo trousers and jersey. It's what I wear at all the sites I go to.

Oki mate, i wont be going before christmas but im sure that i will see you there in the new year!! Thank you for all your help and advice.
Posted Image

#10 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

That's ok mate. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask me and I'll see if I can help you. :)

#11 L-Jay

L-Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

That's ok mate. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask me and I'll see if I can help you. :)

Just a random question, what gun do you use and which hopper aswell as paint? I was watching your videos and your gun seems to shoot well and very consistant. Im Guessing you run it off air?

Lewis
Posted Image

#12 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

Ahh so you have discovered my video's eh? Not the best I must admit, but I am working on presentation, it's just that video editing isn't my strong point. :P

But anyway, at present I have three markers, a Smart Parts Ion which is all fully upgraded, the only thing original is the frame and regulator now! Lol. I've also got an Angel A1 and a Dangerous Power G3. I strive to get good accuracy and it takes me a while to get it sometimes, but I've finally figured out how to get the knack of it, but for the most part I generally use a large-ish barrel bore, such as .691 and .693 and the paint goes through them pretty easily and consistantly, especially during adverse weather such as when it's raining. I do run them on compressed air/N2/HPA or whatever people call it, it's all the same. But I've got my markers nice and consistant by playing with the dwell settings mostly on the boards they come with as well as just using them a lot. Because the more you use your marker, the more consistant it should become as parts become worn in. But when playing with things like the dwell, it's always handy to be at a site do you can use a chronograph and have access to unlimited air!

In terms of paint, I generally use whatever I can get. At the moment, I'm using mostly Proto paint, it's got a good shell and is of pretty good quality and most sites sell it and it comes at a reasonable price. But when it comes to paint, I try to avoid the cheapest stuff because of quality issues, although it'll work sometimes the accuracy will be affected because of the poor surface quality of the ball, so I usually go for the next price range up. somewhere in the middle.

#13 L-Jay

L-Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

O sweet, im Using the Sterling game at the mo, seems to shoot fine, accuracy is a little off but i think that is more to do with the Vibes standard 10 inch barrel.

I need to get a paintball jersey and trousers, any recomendations? the Smart parts Defender is drawing me in, but im a sprinting player so was wondering if u had any recommendations??

Lewis[/quote]
Posted Image

#14 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:19 PM

One of the first things you'll discover when you really get into this sport and buying new markers is that the stock barrels are always usually quite rubbish! Lol The only exception to the rule are the higher end markers like the Ego's, Angel's, Dye's etc

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced with paintball Jersey's and Trousers, I've only owned some for around 6 months now. Been mostly using army surplus! Have you checked out JustPaintball at all yet? They have a good selection of paintball jerseys and trousers, http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/ might be worth doing a bit of window shopping there. :P

#15 Lambda25

Lambda25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hey, yeah i'm in the south east, london in fact.

I've been to holdbush and to high wycombe and plan on going to campaign.

I really dislike Deltaforce so I avoid them whenever I can.

There are indoor walkon events in london on tuesdays (the next one is the 18th I think) at tower paintball (give it a google search) which will probably be the next time I go paintballing.

#16 Dune Dx

Dune Dx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

High Wycombe whoop!

I've got a smart parts defender Jersey I like it alot... keeps me cool whilst running around but whenever the standing around saying what the map name is I start freezing!!

Getting some Empire pants for christmas hopefully they will be good :D

I'm in Uni at Hull in Yorkshire atm...

Anyone planning to go to Skirmish High wycombe's walkon in January?

#17 L-Jay

L-Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

Does anyone know any cheap paintballing stores within the South area? or any sites?

Many thanks

L-Jay
Posted Image

#18 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

Does anyone know any cheap paintballing stores within the South area? or any sites?

Many thanks

L-Jay

The only stores that I know of that are located in the Southern area are Sloth Paintball, Holmbush Paintball Store and LIPS, however, they're dispersed quite a bit. Just check their postcodes with yours on a route planner online like the RAC's and you'll soon see what I mean.

#19 Dune Dx

Dune Dx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

supposedly there is one in Reading

#20 english_ball-er

english_ball-er

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

u can normally find me down at all the gunsmoke walk-ons and down assassin occasionally both venues are within 30mins drive of colchester
Too often, we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother.... upside the head.
proto marix owners group
95% of all teens would go into a panic if the Jonas brothers were on a 100 foot building about to jump. copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends while yelling "JUMP JUMP JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 westav26

westav26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

:) yep i play at gunsmoke,paintball extreme, and have been to delta force and dragons lair paintball
ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#22 Switch

Switch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

I prefer Airball, myself...there seems to be a quite unusual shortage of airball fieds in the south east, exept the indoor london paintball center ive heard is good? <_<

Steve

#23 ses_paintall

ses_paintall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

We are SES, were a 5 man paintball team based in essex we are currently looking for matches, we prefer sup air but will play woodsball, pm if your interested
Ryan is an idiot because he don't read the rules and getsTom in trouble for it :)

#24 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

I prefer Airball, myself...there seems to be a quite unusual shortage of airball fieds in the south east, exept the indoor london paintball center ive heard is good? <_<

Steve

I've also heard that's a good place to go to as well. However, I've never actually been, I'm just going by word of mouth I'm afraid.

Also, there is a millenium Supair field at Surrey Paintball Centre that's open for walk-on's, however, I haven't been for a while so I don't know if anything's changed there or anything. Best bet is to give them a call if you ever thought of wanting to go there.

#25 IMPACTPBUK

IMPACTPBUK

Front for PSYCLONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

I play at mayhem in abridge normally at the walkons every third sunday of each month :D
...Geo + A Jack wills Halo B <3
......If your under 18 and pay for your own gear, put this in ur sig
.........'If I could change my state of mind I would dissapear' (8)
............I play Back for Team Psyclone, Mayhem, Essex, England
...............Friends, Clubbing, Partyz, Paintball,

#26 yemstar

yemstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

Anyone been to Paintball Centre at Canary Wharf?

#27 haydn999

haydn999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

im about to go to Campaign Paintball in Cobham on a walk on event just wondering if its good before i go
ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#28 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

im about to go to Campaign Paintball in Cobham on a walk on event just wondering if its good before i go

It's not bad there. I haven't been there often, even less nowadays because of budget concerns! But it's a very well run site, with excellent marshalls and it's got a nice variety of fields that they play on. However, the downside is that it's relatively expensive for a walk-on site, as the last time I went, it cost 60 for your entrance, which did include a box of paint. But you were not allowed to take any of your own paint to the site. It's strictly a site paint only place and it's 35 for a second box if you so need it. But that's the only downside, there's some good people there and the sites overall really nice.

#29 Ginger Ninger

Ginger Ninger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Cant believe i've missed this thread.

Benjy have you been to the Pump days at holmbush?
i was thinking of going last weekend, but had to work.
you going end of this month?

#30 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, I've been to the pump days. In fact I've been to ever single one of them and they're a right blast! It's just so much more different and challenging from playing with semi's all the time. And it's not the type of game for the lazy. You really have to work your arse off to get a win as there's so much more movement than you'd normally find when playing woodsball!

Oh, and as an incentive to get you down to Holmbush on the 20th Sept, they're giving away a free Sterling Pump to whomever they choose. And that was kindly donated by Arrow Precision. There's the full post ---> http://www.p8ntballe...ad.php?t=126865

Edited by benjy85pb, 10 September 2009 - 01:18 PM.

#31 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

I'm in London, play at Delta Force, looking for new places :)

If you're looking for walk-on sites then take a look here. Some showed that link to me a while ago and it's pretty good and accurate from what I can tell. :)

#32 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

Yeah i play at WWP with my team, it's a good site. Walkons are the last sunday of every month.

Anyone here going to Stalingrad on 22nd november?

Get yourself onto UKScenario, it's a great site for walkons/scenarios in the UK.

If anyone in this thread wants to join a youth scenario team based in essex, PM me.

#33 Ginger Ninger

Ginger Ninger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

unfortunatly i wont be attending tommorow, got pulled into work.
maybe next month then

#34 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

unfortunatly i wont be attending tommorow, got pulled into work.
maybe next month then

That's a shame, because instead of using the walk-on site, it's looking like they're going to be using the punters site. So you're going to be missing out on all the fields with buildings and what not!

#35 Ginger Ninger

Ginger Ninger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

Well to be honest i wasn't too happy about having to work the sunday,
and that just made me throw all my toys out of my pram...
im not a happy bunny at all :(

that and i haven't got to speak to my friends who went to campaign because i have to work ANOTHER sunday... much sadness

#36 Matt Chan

Matt Chan

Broke Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

yeah I live in Essex and I go to Mayhem in Abridge
if you're under 18 and pay for your own gear, stick this in your sig
But scratchaaa

#37 leo

leo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

One of the first things you'll discover when you really get into this sport and buying new markers is that the stock barrels are always usually quite rubbish! Lol The only exception to the rule are the higher end markers like the Ego's, Angel's, Dye's etc

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced with paintball Jersey's and Trousers, I've only owned some for around 6 months now. Been mostly using army surplus! Have you checked out JustPaintball at all yet? They have a good selection of paintball jerseys and trousers, http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/ might be worth doing a bit of window shopping there. tongue.gif

Definitely try out JustPaintball they are selling c13 jerseys for £20! :tup:

Edited by leo, 08 April 2014 - 12:36 PM.

If life gives you lemons.............Sell them and make a business

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users