#251 moyster14

moyster14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

I like it. It looks a lot better.
-Mike O.-

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." -Douglas Adams

#252 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:15 AM

amazing jack. thats exactly the way i imagined the failure during the barrel break test, but not knowing what caused the failure of the ball itself. thats the exact type of pattern we saw in the barrel for every barrel break during out test.

very good evidence that the loader and loading cycle seems to be much more of an issue in terms of breaking paintballs then the barrel and power pulse.

great work. thanks for all you have done.

i am very interested to see your videos in the bouncing balls and the possible mid barrel break.

Edited by cockerpunk, 09 January 2009 - 04:31 AM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#253 Jack Wood

Jack Wood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:31 AM

amazing jack. thats exactly the way i imagined the failure during the barrel break test, but not knowing what caused the failure of the ball itself. thats the exact type of pattern we saw in the barrel for every barrel break during out test.

very good evidence that the loader and loading cycle seems to be much more of an issue in terms of breaking paintballs then the barrel and power pulse.

But wait until you see the videos that I CANT show you just yet!! ;) You may have to re-calibrate your thinking again.
I hereby declare that I work for Planet Eclipse Ltd
I live in England.
I work in England.
I am English.
Eclipse Owners Club V2

#254 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:03 AM

nice vids. realy intressing to watch whats going on
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#255 Poe

Poe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

But wait until you see the videos that I CANT show you just yet!! ;) You may have to re-calibrate your thinking again.

Awww. Come on.
You can show us.
We won't tell.
:)

#256 Jack Wood

Jack Wood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:22 AM

Some more HSV footage of something diiscussed here previously. 2 quite clear ways that the leading edge of the bolt can cause damage and failure to the second paintball in the stack.

Edited by Jack Wood, 11 May 2009 - 06:25 AM.

I hereby declare that I work for Planet Eclipse Ltd
I live in England.
I work in England.
I am English.
Eclipse Owners Club V2

#257 Frozenmedic

Frozenmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

Is there a such thing as an "Air Hammer" (Like a water hammer) could it be the air hitting the ball suddenly?
Or is it a weak wall on paint?

That is a close guess to what I think may be happening. Weak paint is the overall problem, but a solution I'd try is this: Turn down the input pressure and increase the velocity knob. This is like increasing the dwell, so the valve is open longer but delivering less pressure over more time. With high pressure input you have the valve open for a brief time (turning down the velocity screw) ((Assuming you have a cocker style system for a pump) This will put less stress on the weaker paintballs as they are propelled down the barrel. If the valve is open too long (velocity screw up to high) you may get blowback with a semi auto, but this situation is a pump, so you probably won't open the breach before the valve closes again.

Also the bolt slaming into the ball could start the process of structural failure on the paintball when it comes forward to load, again more for a cocker, where you would want the LPR turned down as much as possible to just cycle the bolt and cock the hammer, but with a pump if you got a little carried away slaming it forward, you may apply to much force to the ball all at once.

#258 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

May i suggest you dumb stuff down more often? As techno-savvy as I am I'm having a hard time understanding some of this. Makes me wanna go back to my real guns.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#259 tyronejk

tyronejk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Sorry for the necro, but has anyone reached any definite conclusions about this? From the video with the glass barrel, it looks like it's just friction against the barrel that breaks the ball, possibly air pushing the ball against a side as it moves forward.

#260 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

the sudden increase of air pressure on the ball forces the contents of the ball to a lower pressure but is countered by the solid barrel which puts increased stress on the weakest point of the ball plus the friction of the ball traveling down the barrel resulting in a fracture of the shell which causes a break. This is my best hypothesis :P

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users