Photo

Latest development in the .50 cal atrocity

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: .50 Cal (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the .50 cal revolution

1. Hell no! (53 votes [37.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.59%

2. Voted No (19 votes [13.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.48%

3. On the fence (38 votes [26.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.95%

4. Voted Yes (20 votes [14.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.18%

5. Hell yeah, I think it's an amazingly innovative idea! */end sarcasm* (11 votes [7.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 I am a Tippmann user

I am a Tippmann user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

I got a Facebook update from the site I use to order all my MilSim stuff from, and it was about Kingman developing a .50 cal marker, the site it self was just a tease. From the silhouette of the gun, it just looks like the MR series of guns. A friend of mine had one, needless to say he hated it. I looked at MilSim's facebook page to scroll through some of the other posts, and there's another thing aimed at you tournament and speedball players, it's an Impulse retooled in .50 caliber, now I know not everyone is a fan of Smartparts, I have a SP-1 and it does just fine, but I know people who've owned Ions and think Smartparts is the worst company in the history of paintball.

There were also a few YouTube videos of accuracy and efficiency tests, but they were produced by the company that is to manufacture all these .50 cal guns and the paint to go with them, so it could just be propaganda. But none the less, the results do look somewhat promising.

Anyway, that's just the information from the links that I fallowed, maybe you all could do more digging on the topic than I have time or patients for. I personally am not too thrilled about this .50 cal crap, I'm not going to go out and buy another gun until the one I have doesn't work anymore or I can't buy parts for it.
Smartparts SP-1, Freak barrel w/ .691 insert and an All-American front w/ Apex tip, RAP4 CAR stock, and a Trinity T-lock feedneck.

If you're under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your sig.
If you are a Texas paintballer, put this in your sig.

#2 Pulsar

Pulsar

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

Spyder has changed their name to spyder 50 cal. and there is already a topic about this.
Olive/Aurora Etek 1,68/4500 Generic Tank, Halo B

1 of 1 Olive/Aurora Etek 1 F/S/T http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=158759

92 % Of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your ass off put this in your sig

#3 I am a Tippmann user

I am a Tippmann user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

Sorry, I forgot this was TechPB, everything has already been talked about. :lol:
Smartparts SP-1, Freak barrel w/ .691 insert and an All-American front w/ Apex tip, RAP4 CAR stock, and a Trinity T-lock feedneck.

If you're under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your sig.
If you are a Texas paintballer, put this in your sig.

#4 Cody_21

Cody_21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

I'm glad someone else is in with the .50 cal thing. Why is it so terrible that there is going to be change? Change for the better at that. The tests speak for themselves, better in every category other than the amount of splatter when the ball breaks. Paintball needs change because obviously something isn't right how it is now. Can I get a hoorah?

R.I.P. All American Paintball Park

Rock her with the SH((O))CKER!!!!

Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex

IIPA ThunderII

#5 Pulsar

Pulsar

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

Nope smaller ball less breaks and more bounces. Also this would make your shocker and everyone elses gun obsolete. Im sorry to say but the change to 50 cal will never happen. Especially since the economy is so low.
Olive/Aurora Etek 1,68/4500 Generic Tank, Halo B

1 of 1 Olive/Aurora Etek 1 F/S/T http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=158759

92 % Of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your ass off put this in your sig

#6 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:22 PM

Nope smaller ball less breaks and more bounces. Also this would make your shocker and everyone elses gun obsolete. Im sorry to say but the change to 50 cal will never happen. Especially since the economy is so low.

Let me see the tests you've done.

#7 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

i dont think he did any testing but based on basic physic's of how things work... a larger caliber paintball means it has a larger surface area... meaning greater chance of a break vs bounce... but it also means greater surface area that can deflect the shot in travel (wind, dipple, etc) w/a smaller caliber paintball means a smaller surface area meaning the shell force impact can be deflected around the ball easier, transfer of energy blah blah blah stuff (unless they make stuff more brittle) like how airsoft bb's hurt less then a paintball the transfer of energy is different
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#8 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

i hate this idea. im never going to buy a 50 cal marker until they stop making the 68 cal ones. the 50 cal thing sounds like a very bad idea, why cant they just leave it alone?

#9 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

I am on the fence because of the price mainly. If I look over and see the 68c are like $40 for 2000 and 50.cal is $20 for 2000 well yeah I might need to make a change.
Posted Image

#10 eddiet

eddiet

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

Im really against this because all of my old school guns will be useless.

Edited by eddiet, 17 February 2010 - 09:30 PM.

Don't you hate it when you've stopped believing but Journey won't let you.
If you play with skill, style, class, finesse, honor, integrity,
and all of the above, you play pump.

B.P.S.: Unit of measure for the absence of Skill

#11 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

I am on the fence as well. I may purchase a .50 cal conversion kit for my ego and see how I like it. Also, if I do start playing .50 cal I will also continue with .68 cal. The two fields I play at, one is fpo and the other is byop. So if I can play with 30 bucks for a case of tourny grade paint I will. Vs my other fields 60 dollar mid grade paint. I will continue to play at both fields, 50 and 68 cal. But what is wrong with options?
In the past couple of years we've seen companies disappear, we've seen teams fall apart, we've seen leagues fail. But we've also seen players humbly return to their "family" teams after enjoying a paid ride of being a hired gun by the highest bidder. We've seen industry gurus come back to the sport after selling off everything they worked so hard to build, only to start over again fresh and new. We've seen this sport suffer along with every other industry due to the current economic conditions, and yet we've seen survival.

#12 crazychristian

crazychristian

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

A smaller paintball can be more affected by the wind and environment, and as said earlier smaller paintballs are harder to break (unless they are changed somehow...). People have been arguing over this for a while now.

Everything is fine now. Why change it?

Edit: This poll is kinda biased. Just sayin.

Edited by crazychristian, 28 February 2010 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image
Sig made by me :D
My Feedback

#13 Juke

Juke

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

When will these kinds of threads die? Don't talk for / against something that isn't out yet.

Edited by Juke, 28 February 2010 - 07:05 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Spartan Berdi

Spartan Berdi

Spartans unload on cheaters!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Spyder has changed their name to spyder 50 cal. and there is already a topic about this.

yeah, I posted the original .50 cal guns topic!!

#15 yaely7

yaely7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

I don't feel there is a 'revolution'. Paintball fields are not going to buy all new barrels, nor are they going to get new paint so they could cater to a select group of people. It is going to be an alternative to .68 not taking over the industry.

#16 darksideshooters

darksideshooters

Oldman Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

.50 cal will just be a option same as .43cal is in the pistol market
Posted Image
BST Feedback +3/-0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users