• Please log in to reply
6703 replies to this topic

#51 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

Ooooh, sooo tempting! Grr! Not supposed to tempt me when I have no money to create my baby! :D You keep it nice and shiny and clean and I'll have to think long and hard about this. Out of curiosity, how does the silver accent come off the reg? And I take it eyes and detents would be removed before you send it?

#52 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

I'm gonna be doing all the tempting I can until I get that green gear.

The accent comes off the reg with a large allen key. If you unscrew your reg from your body, you'll be able to see it. I used a strap wrench to hold the reg body so it wouldn't scratch. And yes, the only things you'd be getting other than the items listed above are the two "DP" jewels on the beavertail of the body and the DP logo jewels on the ASA. Everything else gets stripped before I send it to you. I keep reg internals, ASA internals, trigger frame and everything in it, bolt, all accents (eye covers, back cap, reg top, ASA lever, and feedneck clamp), noid, eyes, detents, and all screws.

If you want, I can send you my parts, then you can send me your gun and I'll strip it for you and send your internals back. Or I can strip it and put your internals in my body. Whichever. Point is, I can do the work if you don't have the means or don't want to.

Edited by Corrupted355, 09 October 2009 - 07:33 PM.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
my markers

#53 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I could strip mine and put your's back together with my stuff if you sent me what you're planning on sending me. The only thing I wouldn't know how to do is the solenoid.

#54 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

The solenoid comes off with two screws once the grip frame gets removed. I'm pretty sure the right allen key is even included in the box. In all honesty, the tough part is gonna be the reg. IIRC, unless you've got snap ring pliers, it's gonna be a PITA.
my markers

#55 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

What about the wiring for the Solenoid? And I think I have some snap ring pliers. If not, then I'd go down to Home Depot and buy some. No reason making the job harder than it needs to be.

#56 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

The wiring for the solenoid unplugs right next to the eyes. Open the left grip , and there are three MOLEX plugs there. The one with four wires is for the eyes. The one for the battery should be obvious. The last one (middle plug) is for the solenoid. Pull this plug with a pair of needle nose pliers (DO NOT pull on the wires; pull on the plastic base insert) and the rest is cake. The other end of the wires are molded right into the solenoid.

I'm off to my girl's place for the night, so I won't be able to check back constantly. You say the word, and I'll have my black parts on a truck to your place within 24 hours. Then all you need to do is send me the same stuff back, just in green.

:D

Edited by Corrupted355, 09 October 2009 - 08:03 PM.

my markers

#57 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

Alright. Just give me time to consider your offer. It's a good deal, seeing as how at some point I need an all black gun. In what condition are the pieces in? Mine are in brand new condition. Only used it once, and I tried my best to give it a very good cleaning afterwards. And even though I was in the woods, there aren't any scratches or dings on it at all.

#58 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Take your time. You'll come around eventually.

The marker body is flawless, no scratches or dents, with the possible exception of the internal barrel threads no longer having mint condition anno. The barrel itself is in similar condition. The ASA is perfect, except for the possible exception of the internal tank threads no longer having mint condition anno. The only external flaw at all is on the collar of the reg body. The allen screw that locks the collar down from spinning seems to be off at a funky angle, like it's trying to cross thread. You have to look at it up close and head on to see it, and it still functions normally. If you like, I can PM you some closeup pictures of all the parts tomorrow when the light gets better so you can see for yourself.

The gun gets used regularly (when I actually get the chance to play), but you'd never know it from the condition of the parts. If it weren't for the various threaded parts and the collar, I'd call it "like new".

Edited by Corrupted355, 09 October 2009 - 08:45 PM.

my markers

#59 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

Well, the threads I'm not too worried about, as long as the threads themselves aren't damaged. And yes, I would like some detailed photos tomorrow when the light is better. And if you'd like, take it apart and take pictures of what exactly you'd be sending me, if you don't mind.

#60 shadow4437

shadow4437

Agg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

Request I be able to join? I have no pics of my IQ/G3, but shoot a Red with black accents.
Posted Image

#61 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:51 PM

Make it a black with red accents and you're in. :P I'm just kidding. Sure, you can be in, hopefully you can get pics soon. I'm interested in how it looks.

#62 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Well, the threads I'm not too worried about, as long as the threads themselves aren't damaged. And yes, I would like some detailed photos tomorrow when the light is better. And if you'd like, take it apart and take pictures of what exactly you'd be sending me, if you don't mind.

The threads themselves are perfect, it's just the anno on them that's starting to show wear. I'll have some pictures in your inbox as soon as I get my fat ass out of bed.
my markers

#63 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Lol, thanks. How long do you think it would take for the gun to get to me after you ship it?

#64 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Miami to Aurora, should only take a couple days even at standard shipping.
my markers

#65 Adamst5

Adamst5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Posted Image MY G3 Can I join
Set ups:
Ego 08 Guerilla Air 68/4500 Dye Rotor
Angel A1 Fly'd 45/4500 crossfire Empire Prophecy
Dangerous Power G3 lasered/Etek Ego with modified ego6 star frame Invert Halo too.
Azodin Kaos Pump

#66 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

See TK..... Look at all that pretty lasering on that black marker....
my markers

#67 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Lol, it's very pretty lasering. Why are you wanting to get rid of your black G3? Out of curiosity.

Kinda hard to read the piece of paper, but it looks like it says Adams, you're in. Interesting lasering you've got there.

#68 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

It's not that I wanna get rid of the black, it's that I like green. It's my thing. I even had my Cocker sent out and anno'd green to black fade. And the only reason I had them fade it black is so all the accessories I've got for it would match. Green = better in my eyes.

Plus, I don't really like lasering, so it'd be a shame to have this black body go to waste.

Posted Image
my markers

#69 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, I see what you mean. I like green too, but it just doesn't work for my idea. I really want a darth vader styled G3. Let me play with my G3 on monday and talk with Kohn about getting my accent pieces annoed red, and I'll probably make my decision after that. Assuming your gun is in as good condition as you say.

#70 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

hahah, woot! i this thread has been more popular than the other one. lol
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#71 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

so you cant annodize the eye covers because they are not metal correct?
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#72 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:13 AM

It's been more popular because I'm the president and I'm actually active. And you can't anodize the stock ones, because I believe they're cast. But if you order milled ones from DP at $20/pair, then you can anodize those.

Edit: And yes the stock eye covers are indeed metal, but no you can't anodize them, I think.

Edited by TK-421, 10 October 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#73 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

You can only anodize certain kinds of aluminum. It is my understanding that the stock DP eye covers are not one of the aluminum types that are normally anodized. I believe it can be done, it's just a different process from what we would normally encounter. Most people who do anodizing would just rather not deal with it, so they say that they can't do it.

At least, that's what I've gathered.
my markers

#74 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

So if I want my gun to look just right, I have to get those $20 eye covers. :dodgy:

#75 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

I couldn't say for sure without talking to DP, but I believe that to be the case if you want to change the color of your eye covers. Lemme do some digging and I'll get back to you.
my markers

#76 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:45 AM

I've talked to DP, and they said for $10 I can get cast eye covers. But they use a mix of metals, and it won't stand up well to being anodized. However, I can get their milled eye covers for $20, and since they are milled from solid aluminum, they will hold up to being anodized. DP said something about their cast eye covers having the alloy broken down by the anodizing process, or something like that.

#77 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

The difference appears to be a discrepancy between milled and molded. The milled eye covers can take anno, but the molded variety cannot. Apparently if you're going to buy a set of eye covers and you want to change the color via anodizing, you need to get the gold set, not the black set. Gold colored eye covers are supposedly milled, while the black ones are molded.

Aside from the accent kits, the G3 SE's are supposed to have milled eye covers, while the normal G3/IQ is supposed to have cast covers.

One way to tell is to take the eye covers off and have a very close look at them. If you look at the body of the marker, you'll be able to see faint lines running horizontally across the marker front and back. These lines are from the milling process. You'll want to look for these lines on the eye covers as well. If you have crisp, sharp corners and these lines, it's an excellent chance that your eye covers are milled. If you don't have these lines, and the edges and corners seem to have a natural smoothness to them, then you probably have cast eye covers, and need to buy some milled ones.
my markers

#78 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:07 AM

I have very little hopes that my eye covers are milled. That, and one of them broke. So I need new eye covers anyways. And does it matter what color the eye cover is if I'm going toget it annoed? Say I can get black, silver, or gold all milled, which would be a good background for Red anno? Or does it not matter? And did I show you the jersey I'm gonna get just for the new gun, if I take your deal? Which it seems more and more likely I will... :( Even though I like my G3 as it is now, I'm starting to think it'll look better lasered. Which means I need a black one.

#79 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

Anodizing isn't like paint. They don't add a layer over another layer. Bare aluminum naturally oxidizes when exposed to air, and does so very quickly. This oxidation forms a layer on the surface of the aluminum that protects the rest of the metal underneath. Anodizing is an artificial process that replaces this protective layer of oxidation, and is actually harder than the aluminum itself. In order to put on a new layer of anodizing, the old layer first has to be stripped off, so that they are working with bare, un-oxidized aluminum. Once they have bare aluminum, then they can apply the anodizing in the color that you want. There is no "base" coat.
my markers

#80 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:23 AM

Ah, okay. Any idea how they strip the current color?

#81 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

They use an acid. They'll go with sodium hydroxide (NaOH) if you want a matte finish, as this will actually etch the metal itself. This method is generally cheaper. If you want the polished look, they'll have to use either chromic acid, phosphoric acid, or some combination of the two. The latter acids will remove the anodizing layer without damaging the aluminum underneath.

Some folks have tried to use oven cleaner to strip it with mixed results. There's plenty of acid in oven cleaner to do the job, but it's also remarkably caustic, which causes the end finish to wind up blotchy and generally unpleasant looking.
my markers

#82 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:40 AM

Ah, okay. So are the eye covers the only accessory pieces I'm going to have to replace if I want all black parts on my G3 to be annoed red?

#83 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:43 AM

I don't know for sure, but I think so. I would talk to a DP rep, or find out where IntenseImage is and ask him. If not, Paintball Gateway has the gold set for about $45. That's a bargain if they actually turn out to be milled.
my markers

#84 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:43 AM

Alright, I'll send an e-mail out to DP and Paintball Gateway.

#85 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

Bet DP is getting pissy with all the e-mails I've sent them. :P

#86 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Blue Virtue Love Kills grips incoming.
*HERITAGE NOT HATE*
Cowboy Wisdom: Don't squat with spurs on.

#87 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

Love the Proto Axis Pro mask, :P, but mine's cooler because it's camo! And it goes with the rest of my gear. You're in.

#88 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

Son of a monkey fucker! :angry: That gold parts kit for the G3 is OEM Cast, so says paintball gateway. Which probably means all accent pieces on my G3 are cast. So now I need to find a milled accent kit if I want that black G3.

#89 shadow4437

shadow4437

Agg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:19 PM

Sucks for you, sorry man. I just got my G3 back from DP, appears the #54 oring was broken, in the ASA.
Posted Image

#90 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Ah, yeah, that would do it. Glad you got it fixed. And yes it does suck, I want a black and red G3, but apparently can't do the red.

#91 shadow4437

shadow4437

Agg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Eh, I <3 my red and black one. Looks pretty damn sexy, I'll try to get pics soon.
Posted Image

#92 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

Yeah I want mainly black with red accents because I want to make it into a darth vader theme.

#93 shadow4437

shadow4437

Agg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:27 PM

Nice, I chose red and black since ansgear happened to run out of black as I ordered mine, and I don't regret the choice.
Posted Image

#94 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

Nice. I got mine from geekpaintball.com before I heard about lasering. Got it with a free invert too. If I had known about lasering when I got it though, would've just saved me some trouble and gotten a black one.

#95 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

On a related subject, I've got a thread for you to check out, TK. Even with my cable connection, it took a good fifteen seconds to load the page, so there should be more than enough for you to see every inch of the thing. If there's anything else you want to see, let me know.

http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=60855
my markers

#96 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

Love the Proto Axis Pro mask, :P, but mine's cooler because it's camo! And it goes with the rest of my gear. You're in.

Our team jerseys are blue, so it matches that.

But we each have our own "signature" color, and mine's red.
*HERITAGE NOT HATE*
Cowboy Wisdom: Don't squat with spurs on.

#97 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:34 AM

My "signature" color is green, because darker greens blend in with the woods fairly well. And I did check out that page Corrupted, and it does take a while to load, and there was something else I wanted to see, but I can't remember what it was, lol. How does the solenoid go back onto the body once I take it off mine? Do I just put it in the same spot and put the screws in? Or is there something I have to line up just right?

#98 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

so i bought my g3 for $200 used three times (local seller lives like a mile from my house) and got the tbo trigger, 7E board, cp reg for $20 from a good trusted friend, then a furious barrel, and just ordered a bolt engine. $435 about for a fully upped g3. WOOT!
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#99 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

Grr, no fair, mine is gonna cost more than $435. But I did get a free Invert Too with mine. :P

#100 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, but you're gonna have some sick lasering on it soon, too. And no, I'm not bored with this yet. And not likely to become bored soon. My suggestion is to either give in or just deal with it.

:D
my markers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users