• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

I am posting this in the Paintball Chatter forum, as well as the PMI forum.

So on Sunday, October 4th, I was at the SPPL Finals, with our sister team, Forest Demons Elite, and they were getting ready for a game. One of the players was about five feet or so away from me, screwing on his Pure Energy system with the Reactor III reg, when I heard a loud pop. I turned, thinking immediately that a burst disk blew, kind of odd for the temperature, and saw the tank blowing/rolling around on the ground, about five feet behind the person. Air was pouring out of what was left of the reg. I say left, because the reg top bonnet partially stripped and sheered off the rest of the reg. It hit the players hand, whose nickname is Fingers due to an accident that caused him to loose two of his fingers, and continued to launch itself. I think, purely my own speculation here, that hitting his hand deflected it downward, causing it to hit the ground and roll around while expelling the remainder of the air. Luckily, no one else was hurt, there was no other damage, and Fingers hand has recovered rather well.

I am including a few pictures of the top of the bonnet and the main portion of the reg itself.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Fingers had called Pure Energy/PMI/Kee when he got the tank a few months prior, to see if the reg was part of the recalled list. He was informed that it was not, and that everything was just fine. I think that the pictures differ on that account.

Another person, from the team Regime BS, told me of a similar experience that occurred to him a few months prior. I have no way to substantiate this, but I do have pictures of this incident.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users