• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 RioP16

RioP16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

Whats the reason that you paintball? what makes you keep coming back for more? After all that money spend, was it worth it?
Dont just say because you like it, or its cool, but think about why you really love this sport...
BL RAPPER W/ Rotor 4 S/T, BLACK AND PINK HOT!!
RIOP'S gear bag sale!!
FeedBack
all I gotta say is, PaintBallerZ Juzt Finger Better...

#2 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

the adrinaline rush man its all about living in the moment when all else fades away, when nothing else matters, the fact that when you step on that field everything else that happend during the week just fades away, all the freinds you make and the life long buddies from you local team or the field owner whos alqays lloking out for the moment i hit that field i know that that is where i belong where i was meant to be where nothing else matters except that g count and your freinds that you have made

#3 Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

The adrenaline rush but mainly that it helps relieve stress and take my mind off things.
Azodin KP, GA 13/3000, Pod lid modded Winchester
Pontiac Solstice 2007: DDM Backbone, DDM Probeam, Solo single exhaust, DDM Coil Cover, Solo shorty headders
My gaming blog:http://thenewschoolgamer.blogspot.com/

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Whats the reason that you paintball? what makes you keep coming back for more? After all that money spend, was it worth it?
Dont just say because you like it, or its cool, but think about why you really love this sport...

Because, to me, there is nothing more satisfying than being able to yell "You're out!!!" and watch the other person get up and walk off the field.

#5 Newman513

Newman513

PaintballJesus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

Its fun.

Posted Image

"Only in the Pump Forum"

#6 badger nine

badger nine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

The whole atmosphere. The excitment when the field comes up on the road, turning in to it, then paying and gearing up. And finally playing and all the other worries about grades and homework fade away, then the adrenaline rush and the satisfaction of shooting someone, knowing that you outplayed that person. I love all of it.
"In life, fuck whatevery one else says, screw what they think, and do what makes you happy." - Mike

Posted Image

#7 pspyder666

pspyder666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

I play for the rush i get and it helps me forget all my worrys and stress. I could be havin the worse day ever but as soon as i walk on to the field i forget about all the bullshit im dealing with and. Im focused on nothing but the game, But nothing is better than the rush i get from running down the field and snapping the shit out of people then going and hanging the flag. The other reason i play is because of the people i meet. We could be enemys on the field but once were off its all good and theres no hard feelings.
Ohio Baller

#8 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

I play for a few reasons.
One is that I just love the environment. Everyone getting their gear ready, loading their guns up, the cold morning forest environment...
Also the adrenaline rush of course. Starting off being cautious and stealthy, all leading up to being caught in a battle environment with guns ablaze all around you such a rush. Once the game is over and I get off the field, I just feel completely reborn. It's an awesome feeling.
It also really helps take my mind of things. I tend to dwell on little things making me feel bad, but when I'm on the field nothing's on my mind but the game and nothing else matters.

Edited by Yakkers, 19 October 2009 - 09:06 PM.

#9 SuPeR_Duck

SuPeR_Duck

Bird Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

It has the same feeling at my flight school building, I can goof off with everyone and talk about things that "normal" people would not understand. And the best part is, my field is half a mile from the airport I fly out of :D

Gewn Owners V2 - I'm Deeply Sorry Invert Too Owners Council - Etek Owners Club
Posted Image
Sig courtesy of DDriskill083
FEEDBACK

#10 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

Skydive into the middle of a game with your gun blazing?

#11 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

I can Legally shoot without killing anyone and to go to Jail for it.

#12 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

I love playing cause of the adrenaline rush and basically how close the paintball community is. I have spent over $500 and I don't regret it. I would spend another $500 or even $1000. Whatever it takes to keep playing I will do it. I love getting up the morning of a day of play and getting all my gear ready. It's just the feeling of, man I can't believe I'm playing.

#13 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

the adrinaline rush man its all about living in the moment when all else fades away, when nothing else matters, the fact that when you step on that field everything else that happend during the week just fades away, all the freinds you make and the life long buddies from you local team or the field owner whos alqays lloking out for the moment i hit that field i know that that is where i belong where i was meant to be where nothing else matters except that g count and your freinds that you have made

Sniped your post D! (Pay Back Sucks dosen't it! :P)

But yeah that's pretty much it you could also insert the sunday drivers speech for me as well.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNyB2wWbBlA"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fNyB2wWbBlA[/url]

That works to because for me Paintball is a way I can step past myself and be more that a IT guy, I can actually be more than just a day to day muck shoveler. because out their on the field when the Adrenaline flows and We get the three count and we all break off the outside world slips away. It's no longer important that I am having trouble attending school, or that my family life is less than perfect. All that matters is me and that poor sap that has the misfortune of stepping in my lane.

And theirs something their in that moment that is lost on the outside world and as far as I know it might be lost on everyone else in the world but me but for some reason that second is significant and it's really like I "can live as loud as I want." To quote the above speech but maybe i am thinking to deep as to why I love this game.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#14 CookieMonster69

CookieMonster69

forum troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

the one thing i wish is that there was music while u played it would pump me up sooo much
Hey guys, I was banned from TechPB for spamming the forums. Heading back to PBN now

#15 Ezekiel06

Ezekiel06

YEAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

Why do I paintball? One, it's extremely fun, and it's great exercise. But the real reason I play it is because it gives me another chance to push my athletic talents to the next level, to get that great feeling of coordinating and executing a successful flank, or to be able to slide into that perfect spot and nail 2 or 3 people unnoticed, to get together with friends and make new ones, and to tell everyone (in my case, my students) about my weekend adventure.

This may sound lame, but paintballing is like a new adventure to me every time I play. I play woods and speedball, so I get the best of both worlds.

Christian Ballers Club.

"Don't let your past stop you from enjoying your future." True words of wisdom.

Feedback +10/-0

#16 SuPeR_Duck

SuPeR_Duck

Bird Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

Skydive into the middle of a game with your gun blazing?

hell yeah! I would do that in a heart beat. But tandem skydives in my area are $250 a drop:dodgy:

Posted Image
FEEDBACK

#17 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

You gotta try HALO jumping sometime. And go get your skydiving certification already! :P

#18 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

the one thing i wish is that there was music while u played it would pump me up sooo much

I have thought about that so many times. And if it's loud it would make communication harder and ad another level to the game. teams might have to develop hand signs to relate enemy positions and they would also have to be looking out for those signs creating a much more complex game. witch is more than likely the reason they don't do that.
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#19 SuPeR_Duck

SuPeR_Duck

Bird Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

You gotta try HALO jumping sometime. And go get your skydiving certification already! :P

Oh yeah skydiving is a blast, went on my 18th B-Day (then was the DD for my friends at the bar, funniest night of my life). Definitely want to get certified but got too much going on with college and heli school finances right now =/

Posted Image
FEEDBACK

#20 Shmilling_#83

Shmilling_#83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

I play because I love the game. I love the friends that I make from it and i love that when i go out to play nothing else really matters. The rush, the trill, and the atmosphere of the game keeps me coming back for more. Every week I look forward to playing and i can't wait for the next time i do. ( not this weekend :( out of town) . Also the competition drives me to be the best i cant be and give me something to strive for.

Edited by Shmilling_#83, 19 October 2009 - 10:34 PM.

Christian ballers club~speedball mafia~PL Guns Club~Jessica Alba fan club
POW MIA EGO9 FEBRUARY MARKER OF THE MONTH-Trilogy autococker/with pump kit
Posted Image

#21 J. Nez

J. Nez

Now with 2x the Vitamin C

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:44 PM

For me paintball is an escape from the rest of my life. I can forget about school, chores, work, and girlfriends. It lets me step up from being that one shy kid in "normal life", to a leader out there on the field. I guess it kind of lets me become a completely different person for a day.

As soon as we pull into that driveway, as I gear up, and that nice hiss of airing up the first time that day, that's the best part of the whole day. I have adrenaline flowing through me, a couple cases of paint, and a nice day ahead of me to play some paintball.

I can be a competitor. Everybody out there on the field is like family. We all get along, we are all friends, at least for one day. Bound together by the love of our sport, and some orange plastic tied to our arms. People don't judge you by how you look, talk, dress, or what you do for a living. Out there, the only thing that matters is that you play hard, and keep a good attitude up. Everybody gets a fresh start when you go play.

#22 moises21694

moises21694

I rock a vice :P

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

+1
and it keeps me from smoking w**d because i have a better high of adrenaline when im playing.

#23 treeafodo

treeafodo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

For me paintball is an escape from the rest of my life. I can forget about school, chores, work, and girlfriends. It lets me step up from being that one shy kid in "normal life", to a leader out there on the field. I guess it kind of lets me become a completely different person for a day.

As soon as we pull into that driveway, as I gear up, and that nice hiss of airing up the first time that day, that's the best part of the whole day. I have adrenaline flowing through me, a couple cases of paint, and a nice day ahead of me to play some paintball.

I can be a competitor. Everybody out there on the field is like family. We all get along, we are all friends, at least for one day. Bound together by the love of our sport, and some orange plastic tied to our arms. People don't judge you by how you look, talk, dress, or what you do for a living. Out there, the only thing that matters is that you play hard, and keep a good attitude up. Everybody gets a fresh start when you go play.

Yeah im the same way. I play because it's fun, it's "dangerous" ( according to my freinds and family) and it gets your adrenalin going!
Dangerous Power G3, Vlocity Sr., Ninja 68/4500

If your under 18 and pay for your own gear, put this in your sigPosted Image

#24 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

nice one acid but ill get you back and you know it

#25 smithbrady64

smithbrady64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

i love playing for the pure sport of it. sure it takes alot of money but wat sport doesn't. i mean if you want to paly and you love it why not spend that money...that actually goes for anyhting really. its exciting for one and when your done hopefully not all covered in paint its a feeling of victory all the time. and the smell...the paint smells somewhat good... haha!

#26 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

i love playing for the pure sport of it. sure it takes alot of money but wat sport doesn't. i mean if you want to paly and you love it why not spend that money...that actually goes for anyhting really. its exciting for one and when your done hopefully not all covered in paint its a feeling of victory all the time. and the smell...the paint smells somewhat good... haha!

I love the smell of c02. lol

#27 MNpaintball

MNpaintball

Ya Hoser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

i play for shiggles B)

that, and i'm an adrenaline junky

Gearbag Sale!!! http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157802

Dangerous Power FX for Sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=157232

~MNpaintball's Feedback~

#28 Mantown Mayor

Mantown Mayor

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

I love the fact that something I put together performs like its supposed to.

Everybody asks why I upgrade my gun instead of buying a new one.

It's so satisfying to me to have something that's unique but still performs on the field.

Plus playing is REALLY fun, and now that I'm on a team I get to play a lot more often.

I love mowing faces with my G3, because all my teammates shoot higher end (money wise) markers.

One has an Sl94, another has a Luxe, another has an A1 Fly.

Me and the captain are the only ones without hella expensive guns. He shoots a Shocker. He's also probably the best player on the team.

Posted Image
+1/0/0
BST Feedback
Pinokio 4 Life

#29 howudoin

howudoin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

honestly cause it is by far the most awesome thing ever made and it gives you such a sense of accomplishment when you shoot someone out.
Put this in your sig if you've ever ran into a tree playing paintball.

Bob long protege

Posted Image

#30 Spiers

Spiers

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:44 AM

Cause when i'm out there on the field, i'm in a whole different world. No boss to nag me, no co-workers to play politics with, no idiots to deal with, no project or dateline to worry about. Just your buddies who came to play. You know they've got you're back, and you know they've got yours.

Personally, i'm a very active person, i'm up to here with energy, but i've never found a sport that i could relate to. I find soccer and basketball (sorry fans) really pointless, whereas paintball gives you a tactical awareness that you can implement in a very real life situation called combat. That aside, the leadership skills, snap decisions and quick reflexes are just priceless in almost every industry (esp mine :) )

And bringing home welts, bruises and battle scars are a cool thing to show the ladies B)
When in doubt, empty thy hopper

I used to say i could quit anytime, and i didn't need to do it. But every time i don't, my fingers twitch, my mouth goes dry, i become restless. And every time i do, i start to sweat, my breathing quickens, and my mind swims. I've lost my girlfriend because of this, i spend less time with my family, and i spend too much money going through pack after pack. I've got to quit, but i can't. So I'm here, and TechPB's my Paintballers Anonymous.

#31 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

i ball cause its one one sport that i can honestly say that challenges me the most. i have come to love it. with all other sports you can only get so far, you really have to be born with the "gift" to play baseball or football at the highest level. but paintball doesnt limit you like that. if you really want it, you can play at any level you want. practice and determination is all it takes.

#32 badger nine

badger nine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

I also like being able to yell really loudly, and being able to hang out and laugh with your friends about mistakes you make and such. I love all of it, even cleaning my gear, just listen to my ipod and zone out as I clean it.
"In life, fuck whatevery one else says, screw what they think, and do what makes you happy." - Mike

Posted Image

#33 lennytheleopard

lennytheleopard

SPYDER OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

fuck people up man.

jk

#34 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:11 AM

therapy lol

F*cking work!!!!!! haha feels great to release pent up aggression haha
+
i'm a adrenline junkie
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#35 MissouriPaintballer

MissouriPaintballer

MiseryPainBawler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

Because when I step on that field, and I smell that cold air, the smell of paint, and feel the cool breeze in my Jersey, I know that the test tomorrow in German doesn't matter, the test yesterday in Chemistry doesn't matter. All that matters is the fact that I'm going to mow people down.

Posted Image
Stop the ban on Paintball in Germany here.
IF you need help with ANYTHING drop me a Private Message, and I'll get to you as soon as possible.

#36 TOXIC

TOXIC

Also known as G3pwns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

so the world doesn't explode

#37 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:17 AM

Well, before I started TechPB... LOL

For me, I just like putting the mask on, and enjoying the competition of playing against other people.

Has nothing to do with trying to a "soldier", or trying to "act all tactical" or anything like that, I like the whole idea of paintball, in that

1) You have your equipment
2) I have my equipment
3) it's a game of tag
4) we're both trying to win

The psychological part of paintball is what I REALLY like, more than the gear, more than the physical exercise. For instance in woodsball, I love telling the other team as they are walking to their base "If you see me playing with my flashlight on, it means I'm going to shoot every ball I brought with me in the next 30 seconds..."

Then during the game, I turn on my maglight on my SP-1, and watch 5 people haul ass back to their base LOL

I like listening to the other team argue after I did a runthrough and blasted 2 or 3 of them, completely screwing up their gameplan

I like pointing at the players on the other side of the X, motioning to them "I'm gonna get you... yea YOU... I'm a get cha!!!" and lane that player so hard, they don't even slide into their bunker, they just keep running to the net and walk off the field.

I love telling the other team in a woodsball game which side I'm going to be on, and exactly what I plan on doing.... and I still win the game

The psychological part of paintball is why I play

#38 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

Mike, you are sneaky so that would be an answer on you doing that and still winning.

I started playing paintball because people talked me into it. Now I play it for fun. I have more fun on open play days with bunch of friends than going to some tourney and playing in it.

I'm there to relax and enjoy! When I'm on the field there is no bills, problems, issues... just me, my paintball gun and the other guy I'm shooting at.

#39 RioP16

RioP16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

The reasons I play are like many of you, I play because i love every aspect of the sport. I love waking up early, getting to the field and smelling the old paint (love that smell!), seeing all your friends, team mates (many of which you see more than your own family members), all the regulars and just being at the field, is a great experience in itself. I also love cleaning and maintaining my equipment and Its a sport that takes so much out of you and in a way gives it all back.
But, the main reason I love Paintball is because once you gas up your marker, strap up your mask, and the ref yells out go go go, nothing really matters, your not thinking I have a 10 page paper due tomorrow, your nothing thinking about the argument you and your girlfriend just had, all your worries are just gone, even if its only for those moments your on the field, they're gone... I know you guys have probably heard that(^) so many times before but thats why I paintball.
RIOP'S gear bag sale!!
FeedBack

#40 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:55 AM

I do it cuz I love activities, and of every activity I love to do (MX, Downhill biking, snowboarding, and paintball) Paintball is the only one where I get to shoot people, push it to the limit, stand out on the field, get the crowd going at events, and be able to not break bones. I've screwed myself up a good many times biking, snapped my arm like a pretzel snowboarding, and landing myself in emergency operations in MX. In Paintball, I've gotten welts, some cuts and scrapes, and had a close call with a tie down stake in the snake. Nothing serious.

Other than biking and MX, Paintball is the only thing I've done for a while. I first played in grade 3. I can't exactly remember the month, but that would have landed me at 9 years old, or maybe at the end of my 8th year. I'm 18 now. So, playing half my life, I can't say I'm not at least decent at it (comparing to tournament skill levels Div2 and Div1). The only downside is a lot of fields don't let me play woodsball there haha.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#41 pbvids1

pbvids1

youtube's for losers... oh wait youtube.com/pbvids1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:20 AM

ahh the question that has been asked for years...
my answer has been said about 6 times above so read the other posts and you'll know
youtube pbvids1
^pure badass

#42 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

I play because its something out of the ordinary, the adrenaline rush makes me forget about everything even hunger. Ive never had more fun than when im on the field battling it out with a guy in my mirror, playing hockey for as long as i did didnt come close. Getting on the field, removing the barrel sock, and getting set for the break out relaxes my mind and once the 10 second warning is announced the outside world if gone and all that matters is whats on the field.
FIRE! REAL FIRE! EVERYWHERE!

#43 rockout918

rockout918

Forum Storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

I have a 'note' on my facebook that answers this question perfectly
Here is a copy of my post:

Forget midterms! I'm paintballing, AGAIN, on Sunday and I'm about to tell you why.

I live my life at three hundred feet per second. Each day on the field is equal to a lifetime elsewhere. When the whistle screams with a silvery shrill, raw nerve and adrenaline guide me. I lurch forward and let the moment consume me!
Does this primal game baffle you, intrigue you? I would ask you to meet me, but you would not find who you think you are looking for. On the field I am someone else entirely. Or am I the same person in an untainted state? The real "me" doesn't exist anywhere but there. On the field "out there" doesn't exist, and as far as I can tell you don't either-- not yet.
When my day is over and I shed my painted, muddied clothes the pain and exhaustion begins to set in. Is it only that: pain? Or is it that part of me I am constantly rediscovering who is crying out, rebelling against my return to a more tame state?
I know you don't get it, and I don't expect you to. After all, it's only people running around playing over glorified tag, right? Right? If that's what you think then God help you because I sure can't.
Child please!
-Jacob-
PS: If you wanna see what this paintball nonsense is all about message me! I'd be glad to bring you along, show you the ropes, liberate you Posted Image

So, that's why I play paintball and that's what's on my FB page, and I'm proud I said it...except for the "child please" part (it gets overused sometimes)
CLICK for more stories on my Tumblr When in doubt google it! UCR class of 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/RockOut918
Haters gonna hate; Ponies gonna pwn

#44 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

Forget midterms! I'm paintballing, AGAIN, on Sunday and I'm about to tell you why.

I live my life at three hundred feet per second. Each day on the field is equal to a lifetime elsewhere. When the whistle screams with a silvery shrill, raw nerve and adrenaline guide me. I lurch forward and let the moment consume me!
Does this primal game baffle you, intrigue you? I would ask you to meet me, but you would not find who you think you are looking for. On the field I am someone else entirely. Or am I the same person in an untainted state? The real "me" doesn't exist anywhere but there. On the field "out there" doesn't exist, and as far as I can tell you don't either-- not yet.
When my day is over and I shed my painted, muddied clothes the pain and exhaustion begins to set in. Is it only that: pain? Or is it that part of me I am constantly rediscovering who is crying out, rebelling against my return to a more tame state?
I know you don't get it, and I don't expect you to. After all, it's only people running around playing over glorified tag, right? Right? If that's what you think then God help you because I sure can't.
Child please!
-Jacob-
PS: If you wanna see what this paintball nonsense is all about message me! I'd be glad to bring you along, show you the ropes, liberate you Posted Image

So, that's why I play paintball and that's what's on my FB page, and I'm proud I said it...except for the "child please" part (it gets overused sometimes)

that was beautiful man...
FIRE! REAL FIRE! EVERYWHERE!

#45 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:26 AM

deep words man deep words.
Matt Hackney Co-Captain

#46 rockout918

rockout918

Forum Storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:44 PM

^^^lol aww shucks. Only TWO people commented on it, too: my friend who's also a baller, and his mom who thinks we're both messed up in the head.
CLICK for more stories on my Tumblr When in doubt google it! UCR class of 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/RockOut918
Haters gonna hate; Ponies gonna pwn

#47 IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

Stay Agg, Ponyboy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

I play because its what im best at, and now its my life style.

6 years ago was my first game; I won that 1 on 1 with my friend out in the woods, by bunkering him.

From then on it just sucked me in. All i think about is paintball; the only shirts i have are paintball shirts.

Every dollar i make goes to either sunflower seeds, slurpees, or paintball stuff.

"I'm almost fifteen and in highschool. You're in fifth grade. You're an idiot."

Your Iphone Blows.

#48 RioP16

RioP16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Child please!
-Jacob-

I sadly had to step away from the game I love for a few years, and though I haven't paintballed in quite some time now, and I desperately need to get back into the sport that I know I love and have a passion for...
RIOP'S gear bag sale!!
FeedBack

#49 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

it's the thrill of one more kill, the friendship, the team bonding, and the awesome times spent

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#50 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

The Dopamine released when performing the action of pulling a trigger to mark a person with a paintball makes my brain feel good.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users