108 replies to this topic

#51 *Anthony*

*Anthony*

It's all about the []_[]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

I say boycott and kill smart parts. What will they do if they can't pay back the loan? Then the little guy can make a comeback. It would make for better quality I think.

YEAH! LETS BANKRUPT A CORNERSTONE OF OUR SPORT! That'll work :dodgy:

#52 TXStorm

TXStorm

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

i'm actually loving the looks of the new SP .50 cal gear.

is that an AA barrel on the Micro? (which i might have to invest in a little later on... B) )
the micro (for a lower end marker) looks very nice. i'll have to wait and see one in person though

In person it looks just like a vibe with a magnetic trigger.

Just saying. The vibe has always had a magnetic trigger. And the sp1 I had a magnetic trigger too.

The micro is looking good. And anyone notice "upgradeable body kits":)

Elite Gun Owners Planet Eclipse Gun owners Pump Players Clan The Marqs Men Techpb Soccer club Muppets Club Central Texas Ballers Club

#53 Pimpmobile

Pimpmobile

Sexy Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

Nano looks pretty sick but that rotor looks like a turd.
Bored

#54 Juke

Juke

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

I love how people say they don't like the nano's look then say they love the look of a luxe.

People are afraid of change... bottom line. Stop being tunnel visioned and look at the big picture. ALL marketing up until now has been for YOU (you meaning someone who already plays paintball), new guns FOR YOU, new boards / equipment FOR YOU. What about everyone else? Some people who play aren't willing to drop $60.00 a weekend just to play, and more importantly, what about people who DON'T play? This is for them, and if you just be patient and fuckin' wait until you actually get your hands on some .50cal... it might turn out to be for you too. Get over yourselves is the bottom line. No one cares you dropped thousands on a gun without doing research on the movement of the indsutry, no one cares you have 80 guns when you only need one. In fact if you have more than one gun you're not the majority. Just stop with the crying.

Edited by Juke, 20 October 2009 - 11:30 PM.

Posted Image

#55 hansolo_uk

hansolo_uk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

I think there is a desperate situation for more people to get into the sport/game.

there is but it wont happen till sites stop charging silly paint prices (5 - 12 per 100 here), have a cap on ROf and amount of ammo allowed per game,

then more people will play more often

if .50 helps makes this easier fine by me
Huge paintball industry links list
http://www.facebook....131233773577659

#56 Phil00r

Phil00r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:29 AM

I'm pretty sure i saw someone speaking of the Pinokio as only jamming twice with 50cal paint. Thats atleast 400 rounds and they may have even had the nose cone on it.

There's an easy way to fix the jams. Put .68 Balls in your Hopper and be happy.. We see... .68 works better than .50. If .50 really comes? Just stop playing paintball and go for an other sport like many others will do instead of throwing away your money Posted Image

Edited by Phil00r, 21 October 2009 - 09:56 AM.

#57 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:20 AM

what does the 5.1 joule rating mean under the FM50 mean? the barrel's bore shine/smoothness?

Joules is a unit of energy, about 1 watt for 1 second.
It can also be used to measure food energy content ect.

#58 Juke

Juke

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

I'm pretty sure i saw someone speaking of the Pinokio as only jamming twice with 50cal paint. Thats atleast 400 rounds and they may have even had the nose cone on it.

There's an easy way to fix the jams. Put .68 Balls in your Hopper and be happy.. We see... .68 works better than .50. If .50 really comes? Just stop playing paintball and go for an other sport like many others will do instead of throwing away your money Posted Image

Because you've used .50 cal paint from G.I. or used a G.I. marker right? Glad to see another mindless addition to the paintball community.

Posted Image

#59 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

what does the 5.1 joule rating mean under the FM50 mean? the barrel's bore shine/smoothness?

Joules is a unit of energy, about 1 watt for 1 second.
It can also be used to measure food energy content ect.

So how many cheeseburgers should I put on the end of the barrel for optimal performance? :blink:
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#60 justin734

justin734

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

Bottom line to me is that you have a choice. No one is forec to buy anything. I see the advantage in paying less for paint. Maybe ill buy a conversion kit and get the best of both worlds.
Posted Image
Justin D'Angelo Founder/CEO Bidpb.com --- My TechPB FB 19/0/0
Swabs in and for sale! Best deal anywhere : Here

#61 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

Bottom line to me is that you have a choice. No one is forec to buy anything. I see the advantage in paying less for paint. Maybe ill buy a conversion kit and get the best of both worlds.

exactly! It is not like .50 cal is going to force everyone to play .50 cal. It is not like those who dont convert are going to be phased out and all of a sudden their guns wont work... It is not like you have to spend all kinds of money to keep playing... You can just stick with .68, BUT if you want to try .50 cal, get a conversion kit (my thoughts are they will be relatively cheap) and shoot whatever paint you want!
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#62 malitov

malitov

• Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

I love how people say they don't like the nano's look then say they love the look of a luxe.

People are afraid of change... bottom line. Stop being tunnel visioned and look at the big picture. ALL marketing up until now has been for YOU (you meaning someone who already plays paintball), new guns FOR YOU, new boards / equipment FOR YOU. What about everyone else? Some people who play aren't willing to drop $60.00 a weekend just to play, and more importantly, what about people who DON'T play? This is for them, and if you just be patient and fuckin' wait until you actually get your hands on some .50cal... it might turn out to be for you too. Get over yourselves is the bottom line. No one cares you dropped thousands on a gun without doing research on the movement of the indsutry, no one cares you have 80 guns when you only need one. In fact if you have more than one gun you're not the majority. Just stop with the crying.

DING DING DING! We have a winner. This post makes more sense then half this thread.

Here's a better one. How about you and all the other idiots go play another sport and I'll enjoy paintball. I'll be happy to shoot both calibers next year.

#63 Pulsar

Pulsar

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Wow they want 64 bucks for the agitator. I dont see how this company expects to sell products. I seriously doubt they last 2 years.
Olive/Aurora Etek 1,68/4500 Generic Tank, Halo B

1 of 1 Olive/Aurora Etek 1 F/S/T http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=158759

92 % Of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your ass off put this in your sig

#64 PyleDriver

PyleDriver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

Wow they want 64 bucks for the agitator. I dont see how this company expects to sell products. I seriously doubt they last 2 years.

That's in Canadian dollars

#65 ClearVision

ClearVision

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Hmmmm, how about we copy Smartparts and Dye a little more next time?
Or am I missing somthing?

Edited by ClearVision, 21 October 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#66 Pulsar

Pulsar

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

So it costs more? GI MILSIM really needs to do less copying of dye. And GI Milsim IS Smart Parts.

92 % Of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your ass off put this in your sig

#67 Epshot

Epshot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

And GI Milsim IS Smart Parts.

not really, as much as they may be in bed with one another, legally i haven't seen the evidence. If one goes under it does not automatically mean the other is going under or would be forced to take its debt. afaik its not even a subsidiary or whatever.

In one of the video i posted, Italia said that GI milisim was primarily abuot paint manufacturing, and they wanted to get into milsim, ie FM50 which is OBVIOUSLY not a smart parts gun. However it would make sense to get a major manufacture with readily available guns to push the paint. Somewhat similar to BT using MINI tech for the tm15, except KEE directly owns both(or something like that I'm not sure of the details)

I could be wrong but i haven't seen any evidence.
Simple using a marker design does not mean much. Ninja made air tanks fro Pure energy, that doesn't mean Ninja Paintball IS Pure Energy, it just means they made products for them.

#68 Pulsar

Pulsar

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:02 AM

If you look at one of DK's posts he explains that GI Milsim is Smart Parts. If this company was not smart parts they would be sued by them in about 5 seconds.

#69 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

Here we go again...

SP is DLX.
SP is GI Milsim.

If not, how is DLX allowed to use many designs of SP on the luxe? Why are SP sponsored teams using the luxe? Why do SP direct dealers sell the luxe? Why was impulses the ONLY other marker besides the luxe in the DLX tent at cup?

If not, how is GI milsim allowed to use many designs of SP on their markers? How is GI Milsim allowed to have freak and tear drop and all american barrels?

See, I see past the BS. People want legal proof they are the same company, use logic and common sense. Look at these products, it's apparent. On the contrary, show me proof they AREN'T the same company.

#70 Epshot

Epshot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

have people never heard of licensing?

#71 LieutenantDan

LieutenantDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

Not in the same sentence containing "smart parts"
Posted Image

My Feedback +5|-0
To HELL with georgia

#72 Epshot

Epshot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

Not in the same sentence containing "smart parts"

Which implies what, that Smart Parts wouldn't license their products for a lot of money?
Yea that makes sense.:dodgy:

#73 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

yes it does when you consider how many notches there are on SP's belt from past paintball companies they destroyed because they used something similar to a SP design. maybe theyre changing, but they used to destroy anyone and everyone that mimicked them. if memory serves, FEP, AKA, and AGD all fall under this 'killed by SP' category.

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

#74 Epshot

Epshot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

face:palm

GI Milsim wouldn't be mimicking the designs, they would be PAYING SP to make the guns under a license.

Edited by Epshot, 22 October 2009 - 05:35 PM.

#75 stealthmonkey

stealthmonkey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

excuse me if this has been posted a million times, i haven't been on techpb in a while, but will .68 cal paintballs still be available or will it be only .50? and will i have to get a new hopper?

Edited by stealthmonkey, 23 October 2009 - 05:00 PM.

#76 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

excuse me if this has been posted a million times, i haven't been on techpb in a while, but will .68 cal paintballs still be available or will it be only .50?

Both will be available.

#77 stealthmonkey

stealthmonkey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

excuse me if this has been posted a million times, i haven't been on techpb in a while, but will .68 cal paintballs still be available or will it be only .50?

Both will be available.

i must have edited it after you posted, but do regular hoppers work for .50's?

#78 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

I've tested the rotor and pinokio, they work with it.

#79 stealthmonkey

stealthmonkey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

now i just hope it works with a halo.

#80 Epshot

Epshot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

wtf?!

http://www.mcarterbr...ived-today.html

The magazine does nothing, is just an empty piece of plastic. Maybe something different down the road as it was mentioned it might feed balls like the AT-85 or something.

:blink:.................... <_<

#81 *Anthony*

*Anthony*

It's all about the []_[]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Here we go again...

SP is DLX.
SP is GI Milsim.

If not, how is DLX allowed to use many designs of SP on the luxe? Why are SP sponsored teams using the luxe? Why do SP direct dealers sell the luxe? Why was impulses the ONLY other marker besides the luxe in the DLX tent at cup?

If not, how is GI milsim allowed to use many designs of SP on their markers? How is GI Milsim allowed to have freak and tear drop and all american barrels?

See, I see past the BS. People want legal proof they are the same company, use logic and common sense. Look at these products, it's apparent. On the contrary, show me proof they AREN'T the same company.

You do realize DLX is a SEPARATE COMPANY right? It may be a smart parts gun* but DLX is not a smart parts company

#82 vijil

vijil

Giant Paintball Robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Just saying they are seperate doesn't mean anything. All the evidence says they are the same, even if DLX is registered separately as a company. The same people are in charge of all three (the Gardiners), they use the same designers according to Sean from SP, the same distributors etc. Yes there will be licencing agreements, yes the companies will be paying each other for stuff to keep it all legal, but that doesn't change the fact that the same people are behind all three brands and so for all intents and purposes they can be thought of as one company.

In other words, if one company isn't above using dodgy practices, all three will be the same.

Edited by vijil, 23 October 2009 - 08:55 PM.

http://propaintball.com - writer
http://paintball.net.nz - kiwi
http://vijil.daportfolio.com - concept artist

Christian Ballers Club

#83 Epshot

Epshot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

that doesn't change the fact that the same people are behind all three brands and so for all intents and purposes they can be thought of as one company.

except for like, you know, what defines a company. Quite a few people run/own different companies. They are still different companies.

#84 *Anthony*

*Anthony*

It's all about the []_[]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

that doesn't change the fact that the same people are behind all three brands and so for all intents and purposes they can be thought of as one company.

except for like, you know, what defines a company. Quite a few people run/own different companies. They are still different companies.

:D

#85 vijil

vijil

Giant Paintball Robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

I'm entirely aware of that, but as far as the average paintball player is concerned and as far as someone interested in their business ethics is concerned, they are one. Perhaps not one company since we're nitpicking here, but still one.

Christian Ballers Club

#86 Epshot

Epshot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

face:palm

feel free to say its the same people running the companies but they ARE separate. Its not nitpicking because it makes a BIG freaking difference when its comes to money, liabilities, patents etc. The stuff that defines what a business is.

#87 cal0925

cal0925

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

when will the prices be avalliable to the public?
Team Urban Legend

#88 iktpq14

iktpq14

Mr. DEEZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:23 AM

ive messed wit that micro sort of like a fancier vibe but it has the steel braided line instead of macroline

im really intrested in how that nano and the turbine turns out... looks promising

Edited by iktpq14, 24 October 2009 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image
BSTfeedback positive +2/ negative +0
updIronmenDM6

#89 *Anthony*

*Anthony*

It's all about the []_[]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

I'm entirely aware of that, but as far as the average paintball player is concerned and as far as someone interested in their business ethics is concerned, they are one. Perhaps not one company since we're nitpicking here, but still one.

Posted Image

#90 Jake

Jake

PB ADDICT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

those are some cool loaders.
My sig has been slayed too many times to count

#91 TOXIC

TOXIC

Also known as G3pwns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

LINK!! CLICK IT

and watch the videos!!!!

#92 Pearlsea

Pearlsea

wut wut wut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

LINK!! CLICK IT

and watch the videos!!!!

Watching it and I'm impressed so far. It's a must watch for anyone remotely interested in the the .50 caliber debate.

Marketing genius IMO.

Edited by Pearlsea, 25 October 2009 - 08:14 PM.

Posted Image
[02:08:06] <@Kitty> hey pearl
[02:08:11] <@Kitty> YAY for another girl in the chatroom
[02:08:26] * Pearl /wrists

#93 schmidty11111

schmidty11111

shake that booty meat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

awesome
Kitty is the most awesome person in the world!
I <3 Kittay
I have a vibe for sale pm. Then I will make a thread so we discuss things in public.

#94 vijil

vijil

Giant Paintball Robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:21 AM

I wont bother responding to Anthony.

Epshot - I agree with you. I worked for an organisation that involves a number of legally separate departments which are "in bed with each other". They're still essentially the same organisation if not the same company. They don't share profits (above the table), they licence stuff to each other, they pay each other for services. It appears that SP etc. are similar and that's my point. It does affect their operation. Perhaps I'm wrong. That's why I said "as far as the average baller is concerned". If people want to flame me for that, I don't particularly care.

Edited by vijil, 26 October 2009 - 12:25 AM.

Christian Ballers Club

#95 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:33 AM

Here we go again...

SP is DLX.
SP is GI Milsim.

You do realize DLX is a SEPARATE COMPANY right? It may be a smart parts gun* but DLX is not a smart parts company

Toyota and Lexus. Honda and Acura. Caddy and Chevy. Those are all "different" companies, same over head, same companies.

#96 I♥Paintballing2

I♥Paintballing2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

why do you need a 50 cal hopper? why not just plain old hoppers?

#97 yugyhs

yugyhs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

No fifty cal pump guns?

#98 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

Herp Derp Boston Bawllah Derp Herp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

why on earth would smart parts choose an offset feed neck for the GI50?
its like hey we just got the techpb award for best woodsball gun...lets fuq it up
if the 50 cal revoloution happens im gettin me a nano and a conversion kit for my etek 3 whenever that comes out

Posted Image

Setup:Etek 3 LT,68/45 ninja,rotor,dye i4
~.:Team KaSL:.~
Field: Boston Paintball Indoor
Xbox live Gamertag: PeterxEast

#99 kanonjon

kanonjon

Oldschool is the proper school

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

why on earth would smart parts choose an offset feed neck for the GI50?

Its because its MILSIM, dude! You can put like a BIG sniper scope on it and be like Carlos Hathcock if you want to, or even Tom Berenger!

And its SOOOO cool, ITS 50cal!!1 Its like a Barret M82!!!

:D

Edited by kanonjon, 30 October 2009 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image
DC2 Nexus - Pro series - Karnivor - Black Magic - Evo - Quest Sniper
Jack Wood on the DC2 : "I would love to have a DC2, in mint condition. I think it's one of the best looking guns I've ever done."
My YouTube channel

#100 FreestylePaintballer

FreestylePaintballer

TechPB's Resident Mexican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

i just went to the gi milsim website, and the turbine isnt in their product list? whats up with that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users