22 replies to this topic

#1 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

So whats up guys, I'm Dcroenne. I go to CBU and I'm a TKE. If you don't like Tekes, fuck you. I generally pump money into the Memphis paintball park every 1st and 3rd Sunday. There is almost always a metric fuck-ton of people on BYOP day there but I would like a group of fellow Memphians to get to know each other and get ballin'. I do bring a few my fraters with me as well as some potentials.

As much as I do like to play I do have an issue with paying $90 for a case of paint. This is without a doubt utter B.S. The Evil we shoot has not only been sitting in the back of the store for God knows how long but, it bounces like crazy. The monopoly that the "Evil" family has created in the Memphis area is atrocious. I call them the "Evil" family because nearly all of the males in the family had played for the Evil Factory Team. I am simply stating the obvious because if we do not address the elephant in the room I feel that we are going to continually be persecuted by the "Evil" family.
The next issue I would like to address is that concerning the "Good Ole Boys" that frequent the field. I respect that they have been there since day one but, this does not give them the right to explicate derogatory remarks to and about the younger more frugal players. I went to the park for my first time around half a year ago and if I had been a weaker willed person I would have never returned to the sport. I was out gunned, maneuvered, and outwitted by the more experienced players. However, this was not the issue. The problems lies in the case where I was out maneuvered and subsequently bonus-balled by a smart-mouthed, Luxe toting pretty boy who seemed to enjoy the process of bending my team over and having his way with us. Now it is not the parks responsibility to govern such actions but, I do retain some dignity in the fact that I will eventually get him out. He is my vice and he fuels my presence in this sport.

If you play in the Memphis area please feel free to contact me. I am a college student and paintball is my one hobby.
Feel even more free to argue with me as I am to become a lawyer. Just go into the argument slowing accepting the despair of losing it.
WOOT, that is all.

Edited by dcroenne, 27 October 2009 - 12:00 AM.

Ape'd Etek 3 / CCM Whore MoneyShotPaintball
Tau Kappa Epsilon Pi-Epsilon Chapter #475

#2 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

So, I'm going out to feed the machine today and a couple of my fraternity brothers are going with me.
WOOT, see you there!

#3 LankYRasTa

LankYRasTa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

I'm going there next Saturday.
if your under 18 and pay for your own gear, put this in ur sig

#4 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

Argh, I havent checked this thing since i last went. So have you ever gone before?

#5 LankYRasTa

LankYRasTa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Yea. I try to go at least twice a month. I've been playing for about two years.

#6 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

Well sweet we have most def crossed paths then. I always go in woodland digi and i shoot a red and black g3. I always try to fit twice a month in as well. Whats your gear?

#7 LankYRasTa

LankYRasTa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

I usually wear woodland pants. I shoot a black mini. But the last few times I've been, I was in a private group.

#8 barndawg

barndawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:02 AM

So whats up guys, I'm Dcroenne. I go to CBU and I'm a TKE. If you don't like Tekes, fuck you. I generally pump money into the Memphis paintball park every 1st and 3rd Sunday. There is almost always a metric fuck-ton of people on BYOP day there but I would like a group of fellow Memphians to get to know each other and get ballin'. I do bring a few my fraters with me as well as some potentials.

As much as I do like to play I do have an issue with paying $90 for a case of paint. This is without a doubt utter B.S. The Evil we shoot has not only been sitting in the back of the store for God knows how long but, it bounces like crazy. The monopoly that the "Evil" family has created in the Memphis area is atrocious. I call them the "Evil" family because nearly all of the males in the family had played for the Evil Factory Team. I am simply stating the obvious because if we do not address the elephant in the room I feel that we are going to continually be persecuted by the "Evil" family.
The next issue I would like to address is that concerning the "Good Ole Boys" that frequent the field. I respect that they have been there since day one but, this does not give them the right to explicate derogatory remarks to and about the younger more frugal players. I went to the park for my first time around half a year ago and if I had been a weaker willed person I would have never returned to the sport. I was out gunned, maneuvered, and outwitted by the more experienced players. However, this was not the issue. The problems lies in the case where I was out maneuvered and subsequently bonus-balled by a smart-mouthed, Luxe toting pretty boy who seemed to enjoy the process of bending my team over and having his way with us. Now it is not the parks responsibility to govern such actions but, I do retain some dignity in the fact that I will eventually get him out. He is my vice and he fuels my presence in this sport.

If you play in the Memphis area please feel free to contact me. I am a college student and paintball is my one hobby.
Feel even more free to argue with me as I am to become a lawyer. Just go into the argument slowing accepting the despair of losing it.
WOOT, that is all.

Ok let me touch on a few things and catch you up to speed
1. The paint is not old by any means and it does not sit in the back of the store or in the back of the park - there isnt room for that and the paint comes in weekly.
2. The reason it bounces has a lot to do with temp outside when its cooler it breaks like crazy and when its warmer it bounces some times so hey when you hit someone leave no doubt hit em again.
3. The price of evil for non members is $90 for members its $70 if you price it online its going to be around $65-69 a case .
4. If you go the 1st and 3rd sunday its BYOP so go by the store on sat and buy you a case or two of stingers at $40 ish a case.
5. Not all of us "good ole boys" are like that I have been going there for 3 years and have seen the asshats come and go so bring anything up to Myself or anyone in a orange shirt thats if you see me out there.
6. Being outgunned it does have some advantage it build skill , like you said its your vice feed off of it .
7. I am not a Zorn or related I help promote and organize the tournaments and also practice with my team on sat mornings.
8. Team Powerslide will be hosting its team tryouts for next years D4 SEPS series and we are looking for players if interested contact me anytime .
9. If you want some training or anything to help with we are normally out sat mornings and we can do it with not alot of paint either just look for us or ask anyone where i am and they will point me out we are almost always up front.
10 . The paint issuse with the evil paint wont change too good of a deal and for what it is .. its basically tournament grade paint play up front and use the paint instead of shooting at trees in the back.

#9 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

1. The paint is not old by any means and it does not sit in the back of the store or in the back of the park - there isnt room for that and the paint comes in weekly.
2. The reason it bounces has a lot to do with temp outside when its cooler it breaks like crazy and when its warmer it bounces some times so hey when you hit someone leave no doubt hit em again.
3. The price of evil for non members is $90 for members its $70 if you price it online its going to be around $65-69 a case .
4. If you go the 1st and 3rd sunday its BYOP so go by the store on sat and buy you a case or two of stingers at $40 ish a case.
5. Not all of us "good ole boys" are like that I have been going there for 3 years and have seen the asshats come and go so bring anything up to Myself or anyone in a orange shirt thats if you see me out there.
6. Being outgunned it does have some advantage it build skill , like you said its your vice feed off of it .
7. I am not a Zorn or related I help promote and organize the tournaments and also practice with my team on sat mornings.
8. Team Powerslide will be hosting its team tryouts for next years D4 SEPS series and we are looking for players if interested contact me anytime .
9. If you want some training or anything to help with we are normally out sat mornings and we can do it with not alot of paint either just look for us or ask anyone where i am and they will point me out we are almost always up front.
10 . The paint issuse with the evil paint wont change too good of a deal and for what it is .. its basically tournament grade paint play up front and use the paint instead of shooting at trees in the back.

1. Well, I guess I can't argue with you about the age of the paint. I'm just stunned by paying ninety dollars for paint that should be more brittle. Again, this is just my opinion.
2. I played when it was 80 plus degrees and when it was 60ish. Unfortunately, my opinion is based on my experience.
3. Why do we have to shoot evil only on every other day other than the first and the third Sundays?
4. Seems tedious to me to run a monopoly. Which, by definition the park that is. And, not offer pseudo discounts. I am eccentric when it comes business, I am a business major. Don't argue business.
5. If you aren't part of the "good ole boys" then I would have a problem with you. Don't defend someone when you aren't being attacked. It is very unbecoming.
6. If being outgunned weren't half the adrenaline rush I wouldn't play with the walk-ons. Yea.
7. Cool, I would personally like to see a decent pump team rise from the area.
8. Unfortunately I will have to respectfully deny the offer to try out for Powerslide. I am a full time college student, collegiate baseball player, and work full time during the summer. Excuses are like assholes though. everyone has them and they all stink.
9. When I get a free Saturday I will most likely show but, free Saturdays are few and far between.
10. I am a front player but why is the profit margin so great on the evil. Yea, profit margin. 90 dollars for a product that retails for no more than 65. And, when purchased in bulk would put the purchase price near, at most, two-thirds msrp. That would put the "dealer" purchase price at hmmmm... 43 dollars and change. So, in this monopoly the evil paint retailer is making a 100% profit, minus freight. But, this is offset by the field fee.

#10 barndawg

barndawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

1. Well, I guess I can't argue with you about the age of the paint. I'm just stunned by paying ninety dollars for paint that should be more brittle. Again, this is just my opinion.

Membership has its advantage and the paint runs in good and bad batches.

2. I played when it was 80 plus degrees and when it was 60ish. Unfortunately, my opinion is based on my experience.

I have played from 105 deg to 15 deg and when its colder it does break better.

3. Why do we have to shoot evil only on every other day other than the first and the third Sundays?

City ordanance requires white fill paint only and since white fill is not commonly available its easier to keep people from sneaking non field paint in on those days that arent BYOP

4. Seems tedious to me to run a monopoly. Which, by definition the park that is. And, not offer pseudo discounts. I am eccentric when it comes business, I am a business major. Don't argue business.

Its their buisness and no other local competition

5. If you aren't part of the "good ole boys" then I would have a problem with you. Don't defend someone when you aren't being attacked. It is very unbecoming.

I was just trying to clear up any confusion or any questions anyone might have.

6. If being outgunned weren't half the adrenaline rush I wouldn't play with the walk-ons. Yea.

True

7. Cool, I would personally like to see a decent pump team rise from the area.

They are slowly coming up

8. Unfortunately I will have to respectfully deny the offer to try out for Powerslide. I am a full time college student, collegiate baseball player, and work full time during the summer. Excuses are like assholes though. everyone has them and they all stink.

Thats understandable

9. When I get a free Saturday I will most likely show but, free Saturdays are few and far between.

Same here i still work in practice and working til 1am

10. I am a front player but why is the profit margin so great on the evil. Yea, profit margin. 90 dollars for a product that retails for no more than 65. And, when purchased in bulk would put the purchase price near, at most, two-thirds msrp. That would put the "dealer" purchase price at hmmmm... 43 dollars and change. So, in this monopoly the evil paint retailer is making a 100% profit, minus freight. But, this is offset by the field fee.

not argueing that they are making a major proffit but there is no competitions so we gotta do what we gotta do and the only other field is full of wipers and cheaters from my experience .. there are some good players and the field is ok but the bad players set it off.

Like i said im just trying to clear the air thats it .

#11 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Barndawg, my only question for now is, "What city ordinance requires that MPP only use white fill?"
God bless competition and capitalism.

#12 Owensssss

Owensssss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

they need to fix the chrono there.
UL'd '07 PMR, guerilla air

#13 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

Ha ha, thanks for contributing to the discussion.
I know though. I would really like to purchase my own.
I think my college team is going to purchase a "team" one but we will share it with EVERYONE

#14 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys, going out to the park this Sunday and gonna
be rocking The Phantom. See you all there.

#15 FreeFlow162

FreeFlow162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:37 AM

cool, looks like it will be a big day out there Sunday. Ill be there too with my Free Flow Shocker.
“Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless”
-Kenny Powers

#16 barndawg

barndawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Ahhh i will be out as well hmmmm and as far as what i have been told from multiple sources that its is the city ordnance that the white fill stains less and if it were to get on something outside of the park ( cars and such ) it wont stain . Thats just what i have been told that any outdoor park must use a white fill , indoor if that were to happen can be anything.

#17 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

Well, indoor would be sick.
I did go out today with my new phantom and got annihilated but I got 3 kills.
Not bad and I had way more fun with the walk-ons then when the "Pro" guys played.
One of the "pros" went off on a noob for wiping his shot. We all know you shot him Nate
and you didn't have to make a scene in front of the kids...lol.
Fun times.

#18 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:02 AM

@ Freeflow: was that you with that B. E. A. U. tiful orange piece?
That thing was sick. Nice.

#19 FreeFlow162

FreeFlow162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Na, that was me with the blue fade free flow shocker. Rich was there with me.
“Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless”
-Kenny Powers

#20 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

Cool, did you happen to see a guy that looked kinda lost shooting at
1 bps with a sc Phantom...lol.

#21 dcroenne

dcroenne

Woot-tacular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

Well, had to miss out on this past weekend. :(
See you guys on the first Sunday???

#22 chaosx522

chaosx522

Why you wear your mask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

They dont even have a chrono anymore

Monkey poo is AMAZING that shit is BANANAS

If your a proud atheist put this in your sig.

#23 UnrealS7

UnrealS7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

they do so have chronos, they have two now! and barndawg are you and the dirty south killers going to world cup?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users