So whats up guys, I'm Dcroenne. I go to CBU and I'm a TKE. If you don't like Tekes, fuck you. I generally pump money into the Memphis paintball park every 1st and 3rd Sunday. There is almost always a metric fuck-ton of people on BYOP day there but I would like a group of fellow Memphians to get to know each other and get ballin'. I do bring a few my fraters with me as well as some potentials.
As much as I do like to play I do have an issue with paying $90 for a case of paint. This is without a doubt utter B.S. The Evil we shoot has not only been sitting in the back of the store for God knows how long but, it bounces like crazy. The monopoly that the "Evil" family has created in the Memphis area is atrocious. I call them the "Evil" family because nearly all of the males in the family had played for the Evil Factory Team. I am simply stating the obvious because if we do not address the elephant in the room I feel that we are going to continually be persecuted by the "Evil" family.
The next issue I would like to address is that concerning the "Good Ole Boys" that frequent the field. I respect that they have been there since day one but, this does not give them the right to explicate derogatory remarks to and about the younger more frugal players. I went to the park for my first time around half a year ago and if I had been a weaker willed person I would have never returned to the sport. I was out gunned, maneuvered, and outwitted by the more experienced players. However, this was not the issue. The problems lies in the case where I was out maneuvered and subsequently bonus-balled by a smart-mouthed, Luxe toting pretty boy who seemed to enjoy the process of bending my team over and having his way with us. Now it is not the parks responsibility to govern such actions but, I do retain some dignity in the fact that I will eventually get him out. He is my vice and he fuels my presence in this sport.
If you play in the Memphis area please feel free to contact me. I am a college student and paintball is my one hobby.
Feel even more free to argue with me as I am to become a lawyer. Just go into the argument slowing accepting the despair of losing it.
WOOT, that is all.
Ok let me touch on a few things and catch you up to speed
1. The paint is not old by any means and it does not sit in the back of the store or in the back of the park - there isnt room for that and the paint comes in weekly.
2. The reason it bounces has a lot to do with temp outside when its cooler it breaks like crazy and when its warmer it bounces some times so hey when you hit someone leave no doubt hit em again.
3. The price of evil for non members is $90 for members its $70 if you price it online its going to be around $65-69 a case .
4. If you go the 1st and 3rd sunday its BYOP so go by the store on sat and buy you a case or two of stingers at $40 ish a case.
5. Not all of us "good ole boys" are like that I have been going there for 3 years and have seen the asshats come and go so bring anything up to Myself or anyone in a orange shirt thats if you see me out there.
6. Being outgunned it does have some advantage it build skill , like you said its your vice feed off of it .
7. I am not a Zorn or related I help promote and organize the tournaments and also practice with my team on sat mornings.
8. Team Powerslide will be hosting its team tryouts for next years D4 SEPS series and we are looking for players if interested contact me anytime .
9. If you want some training or anything to help with we are normally out sat mornings and we can do it with not alot of paint either just look for us or ask anyone where i am and they will point me out we are almost always up front.
10 . The paint issuse with the evil paint wont change too good of a deal and for what it is .. its basically tournament grade paint play up front and use the paint instead of shooting at trees in the back.