Photo

Tiberius 8.1

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Deadpool

Deadpool

Knock knock. I have a delivery of pain, will you sign?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

Like the title says...

any feedback?

Thanks.

#2 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Interested myself.

#3 riseagainstforme

riseagainstforme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

It's just a regular 8 but sold already converted to FS rounds...
Las Vegas, NV Ballers visit 702paintball.com

#4 Pig

Pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

It sure isn't... The Mags are different.... the internals are different... The grip is different....

In answer to the question, yes, I got mine last Saturday.... Serial #077

It's nice, apart from the following.

It came with no manual. It came with no Tac rail. It breaks paint on the last ball of every magazine. It now empties a 12g sparklet out of the side of the reg in 2 seconds.

I spoke to Eric and he's posting new parts out to me as we speak. First impressions out of the box were ace.... impressions after actually loading it up and putting paint in it weren't so great.

Guess i'll have to wait till after this weekend when the parts come to give it a true reflection

#5 Deadpool

Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

It sure isn't... The Mags are different.... the internals are different... The grip is different....

It came with no manual. It came with no Tac rail. It breaks paint on the last ball of every magazine. It now empties a 12g sparklet out of the side of the reg in 2 seconds.

I spoke to Eric and he's posting new parts out to me as we speak. First impressions out of the box were ace.... impressions after actually loading it up and putting paint in it weren't so great.

Guess i'll have to wait till after this weekend when the parts come to give it a true reflection

Pig, welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted... I am marking this thread. I read in other forums actually quite positive reviews. Not to say yours is not true but I am glad to see a balanced review from someone else. I am sure what you got was the "1st gen" syndrome but I am sure with the parts that Eric is sending you it should be in good order after that.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

#6 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

Welcome to TechPB Pig, how much is a new 8.1?

sigwf.png

#7 Deadpool

Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

I think its $200 bucks and comes FSR equipped. Plus what pig referrenced... and i think a few extras......

#8 Pig

Pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

I think its $200 bucks and comes FSR equipped. Plus what pig referrenced... and i think a few extras......

Mine was £235 for the standard marker in the box. ($380 at the current exchange rate) 1 Mag, 1 Pistol, 1 FS Spring in a little tube, which are sprayed red for ease of use.

Don't get me wrong regarding the marker... it looks and feels great. I never had a problem with the Tac 8 fitting in my hand properly as some people reported but the 8.1 feels different somehow. Just feels slightly more balanced in my hand if that makes sense. The changes to the Mags are great. No more keys to change your CO2. Just a very nicely worked twist and push arrangement. It does feel like you need fingers of steel to depress the spring to allow you to load the Mag. but after much sliding back and forth and working in, they seem to break in and work much better.

The one thing i will say is, even though my 8.1 is currently not working, the after sales care i got from Eric at Tiberius was nothing more than first class. I emailed him on a Monday afternoon and within an hour and 2 followup emails he had sorted the problem and posted the things i needed to sort it. I honestly can't fault the service at all.

Cheers for the welcomes and i'll keep you informed :D

Edited by Pig, 28 October 2009 - 07:39 PM.

#9 Deadpool

Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Mine was 235 for the standard marker in the box. ($380 at the current exchange rate) 1 Mag, 1 Pistol, 1 FS Spring in a little tube, which are sprayed red for ease of use.

Don't get me wrong regarding the marker... it looks and feels great. I never had a problem with the Tac 8 fitting in my hand properly as some people reported but the 8.1 feels different somehow. Just feels slightly more balanced in my hand if that makes sense. The changes to the Mags are great. No more keys to change your CO2. Just a very nicely worked twist and push arrangement. It does feel like you need fingers of steel to depress the spring to allow you to load the Mag. but after much sliding back and forth and working in, they seem to break in and work much better.

The one thing i will say is, even though my 8.1 is currently not working, the after sales care i got from Eric at Tiberius was nothing more than first class. I emailed him on a Monday afternoon and within an hour and 2 followup emails he had sorted the problem and posted the things i needed to sort it. I honestly can't fault the service at all.

Cheers for the welcomes and i'll keep you informed :D

aaaahhhh man you couldnt get anyone to buy the marker for you over here? That s just plain robbery..... heck you could have given me 200 pounds and I would have bought and shipped it for you!!!! lol.....

#10 Pig

Pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:18 AM

aaaahhhh man you couldnt get anyone to buy the marker for you over here? That s just plain robbery..... heck you could have given me 200 pounds and I would have bought and shipped it for you!!!! lol.....

I know, believe it or not 235 is the going rate. I really didnt think twice about paying it. I'll take you up on the offering of buying it and shipping it for me on my next one :D

#11 Pig

Pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

Just thought i'd let those who care know ..... all sorted. Parts arrived today and Eric gave me a run through of what to change (the main regulator piston)

Took 5 mins to fit and all is working again. Its an ace marker and i'd advise anyone to buy one. FS rounds are awesome in a pistol :D

#12 Deadpool

Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

Just thought i'd let those who care know ..... all sorted. Parts arrived today and Eric gave me a run through of what to change (the main regulator piston)

Took 5 mins to fit and all is working again. Its an ace marker and i'd advise anyone to buy one. FS rounds are awesome in a pistol Posted Image

Very nice to hear about the excellent customer service!. I should be getting a UMS tac8 w/ FSR capability soon... so I will be able to join you. Please continue to update us on the marker.

What you need to keep a close eye on is for a Lapco barrel when it becomes available for the T8.1. Lapco barrels on the T8/9 are amazing! I understand that the "old" barrels dont fit flush with the new updated marker.

Happy shooting!

#13 vv0mp

vv0mp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

Pig, welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted... I am marking this thread. I read in other forums actually quite positive reviews. Not to say yours is not true but I am glad to see a balanced review from someone else. I am sure what you got was the "1st gen" syndrome but I am sure with the parts that Eric is sending you it should be in good order after that.

I just got a pair of 8.1 player's packs and they seem pretty f'in sweet.

Only took them out in the backyard so far, but they were really easy to setup, and the accuracy was ridiculous.
Granted, the range wasn't the furthest you could be, but if that was any indication of things to come, I'm already glad with my purchase.

I'll see if I can do a quick video and slap it on youtube, probably Saturday or Sunday.

**Edit: By the way, I had 0 chops with regular balls. Haven't been able to try out FS rounds as the store I bought mine from were out of bulk boxes ( 8 dollars for 8, or 60 dollars for 100 in bulk)

Edited by vv0mp, 15 April 2010 - 03:11 AM.

#14 riseagainstforme

riseagainstforme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

This thread is old.... BUT i'll post up a picture of my T8.1 with a red dot mounted on it. It shoots great.

In this picture it's in the Valken ACU thigh rig with a ACU holster. Soon i'll have some mole mag pouches from spec-ops.

Posted Image
Las Vegas, NV Ballers visit 702paintball.com

#15 vv0mp

vv0mp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

I just got a pair of 8.1 player's packs and they seem pretty f'in sweet.

Only took them out in the backyard so far, but they were really easy to setup, and the accuracy was ridiculous.
Granted, the range wasn't the furthest you could be, but if that was any indication of things to come, I'm already glad with my purchase.

I'll see if I can do a quick video and slap it on youtube, probably Saturday or Sunday.

**Edit: By the way, I had 0 chops with regular balls. Haven't been able to try out FS rounds as the store I bought mine from were out of bulk boxes ( 8 dollars for 8, or 60 dollars for 100 in bulk)

Well I went out today, and was just using regular paint, (as well I'm sure it was poor quality, as my friend's mechanical spyder was chopping like mad)
And the accuracy of my guns was unparalleled.
I did chop one ball, but I figured out why. When putting the magazine in, two balls release, so if you don't put it in firmly enough, they will be loose and thus crush when you slam it again (if you don't completely remove the magazine.) This is however discussed in the owner's manual, so at least it's not an unknown factor.
From that gun, I cleaned it reasonably well, but it chopped a few more times randomly.

The other gun did great, so I just need to do a deep clean on the one pistol.

I remember one player running across in front of me at about 50 feet, and I unloaded 6 balls into him, all of which hit.

I'd rate these a solid 10 out of 10, without taking into consideration the pain of loading magazines. (Comes with the territory though, so nothing to complain about nor any surprise of it).

They'll definitely pair up nicely with my 9.1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users