22 replies to this topic

#1 paintballin00

paintballin00

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

I just wanted to know your strategys on playing back and middle. All help is appreciated.

#2 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

communicate, a lot.
shoot, a lot.
thats about it.
oh dont be afraid to be aggressive when you need to.

#3 paintballin00

paintballin00

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

communicate, a lot.
shoot, a lot.
thats about it.
oh dont be afraid to be aggressive when you need to.

thanks

#4 kyleeee

kyleeee

Cousin It

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

sure, you might go in with the idea to play back but if you lose one of your front players try to work up some more and take his/her place
My Feedback 1/0/0

#5 Southpaw

Southpaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

you need to see everything and know what is going on at all times so you can tell you front players what is going on. Be a good communicator so you front player understands what you are trying to tell him/her. protect your front player, if you play tape for a snake player, he/she is your top priority.

#6 NZNESS

NZNESS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

if im playin back,
im almost always laning off the break unless im going to a corner that is hard to get to
im always calling positions where the opposing players are
im always calling for my front players and checking if they are still in
im always making sure that the mid players arnt pissing around
and im always making sure i can see what is going on

one huge peice of advice that helpd me was this,
if you are playing back and you dont have a shot on anyone move up a bunker until you do, do it one at a time tho, dont rush it, you need to gain control of your part of the feild so you need to know what is going on, even if its a risky bunker and your not sure if you will be able to get a shot off from that bunker.

i was playing a game as center back about a month ago, i couldnt see anything so i moved up, the bunker was taking alot of paint so i had to stay real tight and i couldnt get my gun out, but i just screamed my head off because i could see alot of the other team, my team just took it from there using my calls and we team killed them, it was a great game.

also when your trying to suppress someone or if your in a gun fight use snap shooting, wrapping and different heights, that will help
!CANT STOP THIS!

#7 Chris Williams

Chris Williams

This Is My Boomstick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:32 AM

check my guide
Back Playing 101

Edited by Chris Williams, 02 November 2009 - 06:33 AM.

2009 Sponsors-ANSgear
Posted Image
My Feedback +6/0/0
My Moderator Application

#8 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

With all of their advice, go and use it, I find that practice along with verbal/written advise is always the best :)

#9 paintballin00

paintballin00

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

With all of their advice, go and use it, I find that practice along with verbal/written advise is always the best Posted Image

thanks everyone im playing saturday at insane paintball in cleveland, tn tell me if anybody else plays there

#10 Blastman

Blastman

Super Awesome Amazing Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

DON"T SHOOT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING FRONT PLAYERS IN THE BACK.This has happened to me soo many times, a jumpy back/mid player gets in a snap battle, gets nervous, and then lights up the back of my head, in a tourny this is even worse, but still shot a shitton of paint, just make sure its at the OTHER team.
Posted Image
OG Club-For the real TechPBers.

#11 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

DON"T SHOOT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING FRONT PLAYERS IN THE BACK.This has happened to me soo many times, a jumpy back/mid player gets in a snap battle, gets nervous, and then lights up the back of my head, in a tourny this is even worse, but still shot a shitton of paint, just make sure its at the OTHER team.

yeah this too.

and watch out for bunker deflections into your team mates, I was playing snake one and there was a cake a bit behind me off to the side, my corner was trying to shoot my mirror and was shooting too low sometimes and bouncing it off the cake and into my ass. after a stream of 15 hit me I just called myself out.

#12 Darthdoug

Darthdoug

Playing for CRU LT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

I'll offer this because it's not 'normally' talked about for being a good back/mid player. All the stuff above including the great link are good stuff to know.

- If you're a back player, you may end up as a mid or front player at any time... so learn their bunkers (know where the shots are on a given field), learn their skills (snake corner back may end up in the snake, be ready!).
- You are the guy that finishes games once all the bunker monkeys (front players) have all traded with each other, so you need more work on 2 on 1's or 1 on 2's or 1 on 1's than any front player. That's not just snapshooting, that's 1 on 1's with movement!

Another way to look at playing back is to look at the timeframe... which I call phases of the game:

First 30 seconds: Your job is to lane, get an early kill, and WATCH that field. Know where everyone went on the other team and who made it alive.

Second 30 seconds: Job #1 is to COMMUNICATE to everyone on your team and make sure they all know where the other team is. Job #2 is to see who you lost on your team and FILL to the tapes and to the front. Your game plan should and must change based on who you lost off the break or quickly after.

Middle game: This phase lasts as long as you have front players on your team alive on your side of the field. Your job is to keep your front players alive, keep the opponents from moving and shooting, and shoot some of them out of their bunkers (in that order!)

End game: This phase is hard to specify when it begins but it's when there are few players on the field or one team is up big on the other (you or them). This is when your job goes to either attacking (you're up on bodies), getting to great angles (few people left on either team), or crossing it up and waiting for them to make a mistake (they're up on bodies). This is when all those 1 on 1, 1 on 2, 2 on 1, and 2 on 2 practice you do pays off.
Doug

I play for Cru Paintball
My Team is Cru LT

#13 Wudsbalur1

Wudsbalur1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

just because your in the back dosent mean that your cemented to one dorito or something. some guys at my field think so. if there is no1 to shoot at, get a shot. ive seen so many guys spray and prey at my field and waste cases on top of cases just shooting at nothing. always supress somebody for your front player.

#14 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Know your lane so many players dont know what lane to shoot so they shoot in random places and thats how you lose games! Communicate alot and call out bunkers, escipally talk to your front/snake players. Know how to play mutiple types of bunkers and know what bunkers to fill if needed. Also as a back shoot alot off the break and control your lane,try to get the early kill. Also don't shoot the snake player! Im a snake player and ive popped up so many times to shoot inside and ive gotten lite up in the head, so know where your front player is and dont shoot him! Those are some basic tips. Hope this helped!

-paintballer4ever

#15 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

Whatchu know bout 600 subscribers!? ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

if im playin back,
im almost always laning off the break unless im going to a corner that is hard to get to
im always calling positions where the opposing players are
im always calling for my front players and checking if they are still in
im always making sure that the mid players arnt pissing around
and im always making sure i can see what is going on

one huge peice of advice that helpd me was this,
if you are playing back and you dont have a shot on anyone move up a bunker until you do, do it one at a time tho, dont rush it, you need to gain control of your part of the feild so you need to know what is going on, even if its a risky bunker and your not sure if you will be able to get a shot off from that bunker.

i was playing a game as center back about a month ago, i couldnt see anything so i moved up, the bunker was taking alot of paint so i had to stay real tight and i couldnt get my gun out, but i just screamed my head off because i could see alot of the other team, my team just took it from there using my calls and we team killed them, it was a great game.

also when your trying to suppress someone or if your in a gun fight use snap shooting, wrapping and different heights, that will help

Whats Wrapping?

#16 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

Whats Wrapping?

thats when you speak kind of in a rhythm, and it sometimes rhymes, some people strangely consider it music.

in all seriousness, its when you come out of your bunker to get a different angle on someone. Like say you're playing home in 3 man, they have someone on your right in dorito, someone in snake, and someone at home. the person in dorito gets shot out, so they have snake (to your left) and home. what you would is shoot some paint at their home player to make him go in form your right, then you would step out of your bunker until you got a shot on snake from that angle, of course you have to check back to their home player to keep him in so you dont get shot hanging out in the open.

#17 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

Whatchu know bout 600 subscribers!? ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

Whats Wrapping?

thats when you speak kind of in a rhythm, and it sometimes rhymes, some people strangely consider it music.

in all seriousness, its when you come out of your bunker to get a different angle on someone. Like say you're playing home in 3 man, they have someone on your right in dorito, someone in snake, and someone at home. the person in dorito gets shot out, so they have snake (to your left) and home. what you would is shoot some paint at their home player to make him go in form your right, then you would step out of your bunker until you got a shot on snake from that angle, of course you have to check back to their home player to keep him in so you dont get shot hanging out in the open.

lol cool thnx

#18 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Or literary going around the bunker instead of just going out of it. I find that way a little easier.

#19 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Or literary going around the bunker instead of just going out of it. I find that way a little easier.

this is ture it will make you a lot quicker getting back into your bunker.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#20 Camo

Camo

You cant see me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

As a front player what i like to see in back players more than eany thing! Is haveing them watch the tape, and telling me where and what to shoot.
Yes I eat paintballs.... What?

Got to love life

#21 frankiepb

frankiepb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:56 AM

Well, I will throw in my two cents to this.

I am a back player in for one of the best teams in my country (South Africa)

And there are two things that are key COMMUNICATION!!!!!! and knowing where to shoot at what point, and how much.

I genrally play Dorito back, (changes from left to right)

so I delay before jumping up to my bunker, and my main job before I run is to make sure no one gets to the doritos, and try to put some pressure on their back. When I eventually get to my bunker, I watch the center back, snake 3 and 4 (depending on the field layout) and then the doritos, but when I get a call to shoot some where...I DO IT, cause that is another important job for a back player, shoot where it is most needed.

Also, don't forget, if one of your front players are shot out, fill in, keep the pressurer on them. If you play 7 man, it is ALOT easier (in my oppinion) to play back, cause if you fill up a droped front player, andother back will fill your place, so you have cover aswell.

Even though paint prices have sky rocketed a HUGE amout I useually go out into the fiel with no less than 5 pods. Some back players even carry up to 8 or more, but I just don't have the money for that.

Another thing, don't make the mistake of thinking because your a back player, you don't need to know the field as well as, for example, the snake player. Cause lets say your shooting down the tape, and you get the call to shoot snake or back left or where ever, you don't want to still have to work out where it is, you going to want to just snap out fast, shoot (and keep shooting if you don't get them) and get back in.

Well, for now thats all I have to say. Hope it helped
95% of all teens would go into a panic if the jonas brothers were on a 100 foot building about to jump if your part of the 5% of the people that brought popcorn and invited friends while yelling.......JUMP,JUMP,JUMP!!!!!!!!

#22 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

1) fill the side where you are dropping players

2) When your front players have the field locked down, move up and support them

3) never be afraid to get up the field and prepare for a runthrough

4) calm your front players down, talk to them, keep them alive

5) pick the immediate threat to your front player, and put the paint on them

Your whole "mindset" of being a mid/back player is to keep your front player ALIVE, not the try to get the kills, not to try to be the hero

Being an effective mid/back player takes a TEAMWORK mentality, not a selfish mentality. Yea, your front player is going to be high-fiving everyone talking about the kills he got, but without you backing him up, he would have been taken out within seconds of the game starting

Keep your front players alive, that's your job

#23 paintballin00

paintballin00

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

1) fill the side where you are dropping players

2) When your front players have the field locked down, move up and support them

3) never be afraid to get up the field and prepare for a runthrough

4) calm your front players down, talk to them, keep them alive

5) pick the immediate threat to your front player, and put the paint on them

Your whole "mindset" of being a mid/back player is to keep your front player ALIVE, not the try to get the kills, not to try to be the hero

Being an effective mid/back player takes a TEAMWORK mentality, not a selfish mentality. Yea, your front player is going to be high-fiving everyone talking about the kills he got, but without you backing him up, he would have been taken out within seconds of the game starting

Keep your front players alive, that's your job

thanks and its cool you posted in my post :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users