400 replies to this topic

#51 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

Haha yeah, I need a job though, then my paintball will really take off, my friend has a theater that their family owns that I might be able to get a job at.

Just making sure but, you guys have jerseys and pants right? along with a quality mask, loader, marker ect.

Because I would actually like to have some expectations with the "team" rather than just have a couple of guys trying to ball in jeans and a hoody.
<No disrespect if you are that person>

Edited by FacePainter, 07 December 2009 - 08:54 PM.

#52 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

haha reffing and cleaning up.. im down with that.
do you guys know the owner of northside?

#53 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:34 AM

Yeah I totally agree facepainter.

Set-up:

Ego8

Dye Rotor

Ninja 50/4500 tank

2010 Proto Jersey and Pants

JT Pro Flex

I don't know the owner of Northside.

#54 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

swat force, got pictures of your 08? What positions do you guys play?

#55 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

Yeah I totally agree facepainter.

Set-up:

Ego8

Dye Rotor

Ninja 50/4500 tank

2010 Proto Jersey and Pants

JT Pro Flex

I don't know the owner of Northside.

Your name doesen't happen to be jake right?

And I like playing front, preferably front left, but I can play anywhere so no worries.

#56 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Haha no, its Robby. Its probably a pretty common set up.

I like to play snake, just cuz that seems to me to be the most "in your face" player. But if somebody is shorter than me (I'm 5'11'') and loves snake be my guest. I just refuse to play back unless absolutely necessary.

#57 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

Haha alright.
I'm sure we will switch up positions when we play.

But my setup is.
Dust blue DP g3
blue rotor
blue proto pants and jersey
blue proto axis mask
getting some blue empire gloves.
68/45 tank
getting blue dye tank cover.
I wear cleets when playing.

So yeah, I like the color blue.
Can't wait to try and get some money, I might literally have to shave my eyebrows off to get some money for LL3, haha yeah, people in my family will pay me to do embarrasing things.

#58 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

Lol well then good luck to you and your money gathering efforts. I'm really excited for LL3.

Oh and you really do like the color blue.

#59 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

im 5'11 too haha, i play mid, sometimes back if needed.

Etek ego
Velocity
pure energy 68/45
gray grillz with blue mirror
proto pack
gray empire pants
need a jersey
i wear cleats also

#60 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Alright sweet, so far we have 3 possibly 4 that could be commited by next season, thats great!
Hopefully I'll see you guys at LL3.

I might be going to AA next week but no confirmation yet.

#61 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

Alright cool. I haven't decided if I want to play this month. I might wait till after christmas but we'll see.

#62 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:20 PM

Well...All I have right now are my really awesome woodsball markers Posted Image

But after christmas...that will be different. I have a few buyers lined up for my A-5A2.

Anways, when I played at my local field, I played snake. One of the guys let me use his Ego 9, so that's what I used Posted Image

I have Grillz, nice pants, jerseys, ninja tank...yada yada.

#63 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

Oh yea and I like to play snake because I'm 5'5 :P

#64 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

So, how many of you are most likely going to LL3?

#65 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

What's the date this year?

#66 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

May, It's over some holiday that month now so that there is no school to be missed when going there.

#67 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

May 29th-31st. Its Memorial Day Weekend. So when my family is at my cabin putting the docks in the water and doing lots of manual labor..I will be in Chicago 'ballin it up =D.

#68 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

You will be there?
Hey I'll hopefully be there aswell, talked to my parents today and they said it would most likely be alright if I can afford it.
I am pretty excited, although I need money.

#69 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

I am almost positive I will be going. I have cousins that live in Arlington heights about an hour and a half from CPX. I'm basically giving up my birthday presents and christmas presents to pay for paint and entry. So I should be good to go financially. Its all about whether i'm gonna fly or drive, I haven't figured out which yet. I'll probably end up flying and maybe hitching a ride from any other Techpb'er flying in.

#70 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, I might have to hitch a ride aswell, but I talked to my dad and he wants to hear more about it, he most likely woulden't be playing, I think he would stay and camp, and watch the USPL/NPPL super 7 tournament.
But I need to make money, sorry to say I might have to say goodbye to me eyebrows, and dignity haha.

#71 Drednaught X

Drednaught X

Forum Ghost

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

I might be going, i wont know to closer. If its between the Giant Big Game at Splattag and LL3, i think im going to the GBG. We will see.

#72 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, I thought about going to the GBG, then I would be able to play with my friend who I have brought into paintball, but LL3 will be so sweet I just can't miss out on it.

#73 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

If I somehow cant make it to LL3, I will for sure be going to the GBG, but LL3 is just to awesome to pass up.

#74 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

LL3's field set up looks amazing. I might be going depending if i can sell my etek ($300 offer so far) and or get a ride to there.

#75 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

What you planning on getting when it sells?

#76 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

im not sure yet, i might want a ego or a DM gun or a pm8 or something. whatevers pretty decent that i can get.

#77 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

Sweet, you planning on getting it before LL3?

#78 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

im gonna try to, not for sure going to LL3, get a ride there is a problem

#79 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

Oh, no it was my bad, I didn't look and I thought it was you who said you were going to LL3.

#80 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

So with this team...what markers will you all be shooting? Right now I have shot a Mini, and that is at my local scheels. At my local scheels, the Proto SLG and Mini are my only options pretty much. I almost got the G3 from ANSgear, but I haven't tried it. Think the Mini would be alright? I shot a friends in Arizona and really liked how it felt. What you guys think?

#81 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

I am using a G3 at the moment, I will be upgrading 2011 most likely, or sooner depending on money situation.
The mini would work just fine.

#82 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

Well I have never tried the Mini, but Mike says a lot that, like the SLG, the Mini is kinda hit or miss. If you get a good marker they work fine, but all too often you will get the one with too many problems to diagnose. I am also not really a fan of internal plumbing markers. If you are looking for a G3 I have one for sale right now, I'll be dropping the price soon to around $280. It is hardly used, maybe 3 cases through it and for $280 it comes with a virtue redefined board, cp sling trigger, magnet trigger kit, and laser eyes.

/sales pitch.

I love the g3. It feels great in the hands, and it shoots really smooth for a 300 dollar gun. I wouldn't go with the slg for sure. If you watch any of Kevin's videos you will see why they are hit or miss markers.

If you want to buy a brand new one we could always meet up at AA or something and you could use mine for a day just so you can see if you like G3's.

#83 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:23 PM

Well I have never tried the Mini, but Mike says a lot that, like the SLG, the Mini is kinda hit or miss. If you get a good marker they work fine, but all too often you will get the one with too many problems to diagnose. I am also not really a fan of internal plumbing markers. If you are looking for a G3 I have one for sale right now, I'll be dropping the price soon to around $280. It is hardly used, maybe 3 cases through it and for $280 it comes with a virtue redefined board, cp sling trigger, magnet trigger kit, and laser eyes.

/sales pitch.

I love the g3. It feels great in the hands, and it shoots really smooth for a 300 dollar gun. I wouldn't go with the slg for sure. If you watch any of Kevin's videos you will see why they are hit or miss markers.

If you want to buy a brand new one we could always meet up at AA or something and you could use mine for a day just so you can see if you like G3's.

That was with the first generation of mini's, they have all the problems worked out now :)

#84 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

/sales pitch.

That was with the first generation of mini's, they have all the problems worked out now :)

Oh ok good to know! I don't pay attention to invert so I didn't know that.

#85 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

/sales pitch.

That was with the first generation of mini's, they have all the problems worked out now Posted Image

Haha, no problem.
The main reason they first had problems was mostly because it was their first attempt at a marker, and they had put some real new technology into it which can spell out having some issues, but after a year or so they had time to perfect it.

#86 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

/sales pitch.

That was with the first generation of mini's, they have all the problems worked out now Posted Image

Haha, no problem.
The main reason they first had problems was mostly because it was their first attempt at a marker, and they had put some real new technology into it which can spell out having some issues, but after a year or so they had time to perfect it.

Ok cool. That makes sense. So have you played at all this month?

Edited by Swatforce, 15 December 2009 - 04:55 PM.

#87 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

/sales pitch.

That would be cool. Just to try it out for the day and see how I like it. Do you have a for sale thread of the G3. I would like to check it out.

And thanks for the help guys.

#88 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

/sales pitch.

Haha, no problem.

Sadly not, I might be going out this weekend though, either way my weekend will be crazy, going snowboarding sat. and either snowboarding sunday aswell or going to play paintball.

#89 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

/sales pitch.

Haha, no problem.

Sadly not, I might be going out this weekend though, either way my weekend will be crazy, going snowboarding sat. and either snowboarding sunday aswell or going to play paintball.

Wow that sounds like a crazy weekend.

That would be cool. Just to try it out for the day and see how I like it. Do you have a for sale thread of the G3. I would like to check it out.

G3 Sale Thread

#90 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

ive shot both mini, slgs, and g3 they're all nice but the slg's i dislike the frame of the gun and trigger, but it shoots fine. The mini shoots pretty well too and i love the frame of the gun feels perfect for me.

ive been offered atleast 3-4 g3's so far on pbn :P

#91 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

Anyone else here snowboard?
It might be a good idea to maybe get to hang out possibly while snowboarding or something, to get to know eachother before next season.

#92 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

ive shot both mini, slgs, and g3 they're all nice but the slg's i dislike the frame of the gun and trigger, but it shoots fine. The mini shoots pretty well too and i love the frame of the gun feels perfect for me.

ive been offered atleast 3-4 g3's so far on pbn :P

I'm thinking that may be because the release of the new spec-r. People are trying to get the best re-sale value possible. Although even before the spec-r the g3 seemed to be a common seller or trade option. :lol:

Anyone else here snowboard?
It might be a good idea to maybe get to hang out possibly while snowboarding or something, to get to know eachother before next season.

Mhmm, I've been snowboarding for 6 years now. I'm probably gonna go this weekend. I might end up going to Trollhaugen on Friday night. They are open from 10pm-3 am for 15 dollars :P .

Edited by Swatforce, 16 December 2009 - 04:36 PM.

#93 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

ive been offered atleast 3-4 g3's so far on pbn Posted Image

I'm thinking that may be because the release of the new spec-r. People are trying to get the best re-sale value possible. Although even before the spec-r the g3 seemed to be a common seller or trade option. Posted Image

Are you saying that someone would sell their G3 for a Spec-R?
That would be a very bad deal, the Spec-R only gets 5 pods off a 68/45.
That kind of "Efficiency" is too big of a turn off for me to ever want it.

#94 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

I'm thinking that may be because the release of the new spec-r. People are trying to get the best re-sale value possible. Although even before the spec-r the g3 seemed to be a common seller or trade option. Posted Image

No thats not what I meant. I'm saying that whether or not the Spec-R is a worse marker, it is still the new generation of the g3. That means that the resale value of the original g3 will degrade VERY quickly. So that is why lots of people are trying to sell it.

#95 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

No thats not what I meant. I'm saying that whether or not the Spec-R is a worse marker, it is still the new generation of the g3. That means that the resale value of the original g3 will degrade VERY quickly. So that is why lots of people are trying to sell it.

The original G3 will still be in production :)
But yeah the re-sale will go down.

#96 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

The original G3 will still be in production :)

Well thats good, because as soon as people realize how inefficient the Spec-R is, the g3 will still be the biggest seller.

#97 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

The original G3 will still be in production Posted Image

Well thats good, because as soon as people realize how inefficient the Spec-R is, the g3 will still be the biggest seller.

Or the sexy new DP Fusion :)

#98 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

The original G3 will still be in production Posted Image

Or the sexy new DP Fusion :)

:lol: For sure!

#99 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

oh hey, i snowboard too. not the best at it. only have done it for about a year.

#100 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

oh hey, i snowboard too. not the best at it. only have done it for about a year.

Haha, thats all good. Where do you usually go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users