41 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

So next week is both Jenn's birthday, and our anniversary. So I go to mall to see if I can pick something out.

I used to work in a mall when I was in High School, I USED to be proud to say that I worked in a mall, Pembroke Lakes Mall in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Great atmosphere, people felt comfortable to walk through it, etc

Dood, the malls have turned into something WORSE than a fucking used car lot!!

You get attacked from left and right. From cell phone companies snapping their fingers at you, to people with beauty products trying to smear shit all over you, getting dive bombed by RC Helicopters and flying gadgets where the employee is trying to take your head off to draw attention to his booth

The malls are COMPLETELY out of fucking control. This is NOT how shopping at the mall is supposed to be. Shopping at the mall is supposed to be a relaxed, air conditioned atmosphere when you can take your time, walk through, enjoy yourself, you shouldn't have to tell people that are pretty much blocking your pathway "Please move, I need to walk by" as they get in your face trying to sell you shit

No wonder malls are closing up, this last experience was fucking TERRIBLE, maybe because it was early, so there was less traffic, but I was like "wtf is going on?"

The first lap wasn't too bad, got stopped 2 or 3 times. But when I bought her gift, and was trying to exit, the kiosk assholes saw the bag, and it WORSE than sharks smelling blood.

Do they have some sort of regulation, or policy, or some sort of guidelines in place as to how much these kiosk people can harrass the customers trying to get through?

This happened at 3 malls I visited in the past month. I swear I'm >> << that close to bringing a cattle prod with me and yelling "back!!! BACK!!! (zzzzzzzz) BACK!!! ALL OF YOU!!! BACK!!!"

maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, no? yes?

#2 Deadpool

Deadpool

Knock knock. I have a delivery of pain, will you sign?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:30 PM

first! lol Mike these vents are becoming more frequent! lol...

Agreed.

Retail sales at the mall at getting hit the hardest. I think the survival rate at malls are even less elsewhere. Ppl are doing any and everything to survive in the jungle!

Edited by Deadpool, 06 November 2009 - 12:32 PM.

#3 Stev02112

Stev02112

My name is Stev, not Steve.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

Damn, the only mall near me is pretty tame. Although that might be because I'm a teenager and nobody wants to sell me shit, but I don't see too many adults getting harassed.
Posted Image

#4 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

They are morons. Luckily it's always the same so you can predict it. This is why I don't go to the mall!!

#5 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

I hate my mall. There are idiots everywhere trying to sell crap. Like you said, those stupid rc helicopters. It's even worse on freakin ob black friday. Well actually someone dies at my mall last black friday. People were trying to get stuff and they ran over him. Anyway, yes malls are annoying. I just want to go to a mall and smell the fresh sent of water from the water fountains and the food in the food court.

#6 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

Sucks Mike, big time. Luckily my mall isn't anything like that. Yeah there are things flying overhead, but you're not getting dive bombed. The kiosk people pretty much keep to themselves, until you walk up to them and wish to buy something. But even then they're very relaxed, don't try and force crap on you. I love just wandering through my mall, and have been known to do so on the occasional saturday. I rarely buy anything, but it's such a cool place to watch people go about their lives and see what's going on. Also get to see some really cute girls. Guess you're just one of the few who get a shitty mall. My mall rocks!

#7 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

Sucks Mike, big time. Luckily my mall isn't anything like that. Yeah there are things flying overhead, but you're not getting dive bombed. The kiosk people pretty much keep to themselves, until you walk up to them and wish to buy something. But even then they're very relaxed, don't try and force crap on you. I love just wandering through my mall, and have been known to do so on the occasional saturday. I rarely buy anything, but it's such a cool place to watch people go about their lives and see what's going on. Also get to see some really cute girls. Guess you're just one of the few who get a shitty mall. My mall rocks!

all the girls that guy to my mall are either ugly or pregnant, or both.

#8 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

all the girls that guy to my mall are either ugly or pregnant, or both.

My high school was like that, but luckily the mall is pretty close to the rich town close to the one I live in, so all the cute rich girls go to the mall I go to.

#9 JDMpump

JDMpump

Most JDM guy in TechPB.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

likewise mike, i went to the mall last sunday, one of the guys at those r/c kiosks fuckin made his "fly anywhere stable control" helicopter dive at me and my girlfriend... then the people at the phone kiosks kept asking me what provider i had and a bunch of other random questions, like trying to strike up a conversation... and since i have pierced ears, the lady at the jewelry kiosk wouldn't stop annoying me when i just glimpsed at a set of earrings i liked...
fucking malls. only reason i go in there is victoria's secret shopping with my girlfriend :P

Posted Image

"I don't care if i do a one shot kill or not, as long as i kill my target." -JDMpump

#10 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:57 PM

likewise mike, i went to the mall last sunday, one of the guys at those r/c kiosks fuckin made his "fly anywhere stable control" helicopter dive at me and my girlfriend... then the people at the phone kiosks kept asking me what provider i had and a bunch of other random questions, like trying to strike up a conversation... and since i have pierced ears, the lady at the jewelry kiosk wouldn't stop annoying me when i just glimpsed at a set of earrings i liked...
fucking malls. only reason i go in there is victoria's secret shopping with my girlfriend :P

Do they still let you go in the changing room together? ;)

#11 JDMpump

JDMpump

Most JDM guy in TechPB.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

at my mall yeah, LOL.

Posted Image

"I don't care if i do a one shot kill or not, as long as i kill my target." -JDMpump

#12 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

I got kicked out of my Victoria's Secret when I kept trying to go into the changing room with random girls. :lol: Lmao, jk, no breaking the law for me.

#13 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

Canadian Cross Dressing, Bull ball Toucher.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

I hate the mall. They used to have much more variety in the manner of shops and goods but now, mostly home electronics, shoes, clothes and food courts. Sad really.

So tempted to suspend Kitty just so I can say I have....
Okay, fuck it....I just banned Kitty, that's going in the sig.

Administrator - ICD Owner's Group

Posted Image

#14 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:17 PM

a mall i use to go to in alabama when i was little with my gma got shut down cuz there was so much gang activity in the mall you basically risked your life if you walked in there
Im Not Mean, I Just Say What Others Think...
Kittys Definition of Butters Hate: "Its like Obama with Crabs going to a KKK Meeting"
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#15 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

I got suckered into buying something because the salesman had Oreos...
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#16 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

I got suckered into buying something because the salesman had Oreos...

you and those damn oreos!
Kittys Definition of Butters Hate: "Its like Obama with Crabs going to a KKK Meeting"
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#17 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Cattle prod? Lmao, do it!

Does Jen have any pepper spray she could threaten them with?

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#18 steez

steez

come at me, bro.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

I can honestly say that Pembroke Lakes Mall recently is one of the most unpleasant malls in South Florida. It may have been nice at one time, but not anymore.
Loud, and has more kiosk stands in any other mall I've been to down here. It's not even as large as many malls down here, yet manages to pack so many kiosk stands.
I find the Boca Town Center mall to have the least sales stands, pretty nice there; except everything is extremely expensive.

Posted Image
Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you.

#19 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

HAHA when reading that an image of Mike violently swatting one of those RC helicopters out of the air came to mind. Kind of like a more pissed off king kong...

But yeah. I find it best to not make eye contact, and ignore them. I don't even respond. Even if I am the only one walkinig by, I don't acknowlege them. Makes my day alot better :)
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#20 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

The only place I can think of that would be an equal to your experience Mike, is a Kroger's Grocery Store (Foods Co) here in San Francisco, I use to work at that Store as a Security Guard and its Ghetto as Hell and when I mean...the store is packed with people from all Walks of Life shopping and shoplifting there and Im glad outta there, that store was extremely stressful.

#21 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

i got a free rc helecopter because the store owner hit me in the face (almost eyes) with one and he felt sorry, and i was super pissed. the thing broke anyways, malls suck.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#22 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

i got a free rc helecopter because the store owner hit me in the face (almost eyes) with one and he felt sorry, and i was super pissed. the thing broke anyways, malls suck.

Did you cry? :D

#23 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

no of corse not...

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#24 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

i would of. helicopters scare the shit out of me
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#25 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

If I got hit in the face by one I'd rip the piece of shit in half and cussed the guy out then sued his ass.

#26 PbGoods

PbGoods

PbGoods.com Owner

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

I can't remember the last time I have been to the mall, I hate going there because people jump at you left and right trying to sell you crap that you have no intention of dropping a penny on.

When I shop, I know what I want. I go in and go out, no BSing.

#27 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

I got kicked out of my Victoria's Secret when I kept trying to go into the changing room with random girls. Posted Image Lmao, jk, no breaking the law for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_rg3bV0cJs
Ya!!! Posted Image

Edited by Plattypus, 06 November 2009 - 05:53 PM.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#28 SpreadFire

SpreadFire

Rent is too damn High!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

The mall at my town is completely dead =[

ever been to the MOA? that place is kick ass

Wrestling Ballers club l MN Ballers club l Highschool Ballers Club l Asian Ballers Club

Posted Image

I'm under 18, and do pay for my own gear.

#29 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

The mall at my town is completely dead =[

ever been to the MOA? that place is kick ass

It has an indoor rollercoaster, how can it not be kick ass?

#30 arjuns

arjuns

^made by the great People4Paintball^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

lol thast why i walk on the 2nd floor where theres no center for kiosks
If your travelling at the speed of light in a car, when you turn your headlights on,
will they do anything?

ETEK1 owner, NFL Fan, HS Baller

#31 Krring

Krring

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

I usually bitch slap them in good old Bernie Mac-style. When the first one hits the floor, the rest usually go back to their booths and concentrate on being quiet. You should try.
"Calm the fuck down and get a sense of humour. You are going to need one when you are getting raped by Cthulhu tentacles." - Scheele of TechPB (02 December 2009)

#32 Millertime

Millertime

Just try and get close to that baby

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

Yup malls suck anymore. It's why I shop online now.

I don't play against enemies, I play with my friends.

Crazy people don't have to have logic.

TechPB Feedback

#33 lennytheleopard

lennytheleopard

SPYDER OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:30 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

#34 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:41 AM

was at a mall near me last week and watch a guy snatch one of those rc copters outta the air and toss it into the fountain in the center...the look on he kiosk workers face was priceless
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#35 Redzzza Godzilla!

Redzzza Godzilla!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

dress up as a ninja and speak japenese to them. bring your sword along :P
Screw the steel people, go for the dragon :P

#36 Wilkinsun

Wilkinsun

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

The new mall that was just built up here is packed at all times, it's like a over crowded zoo, you have to search for a parking spot forever, when you find one it's generally really far away (I don't care but it's getting colder out, it's a pain). The mall is almost over-crowded, hard to walk through even at normal pace. Kiosk people have the cheesiest shit too, I don't want your crappy cellphone cover, please stop asking me to buy a pay as you go cell phone, I'm just trying to walk to the store I like.

#37 paintball_man_18

paintball_man_18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

a mall i use to go to in alabama when i was little with my gma got shut down cuz there was so much gang activity in the mall you basically risked your life if you walked in there

OMG butters. Montgomery Mall. yea it had gotten BAD. everyone in the state was TERRIFIED to go in that place because there were murders, rapes, and thefts on a regular basis. you used to live down here?
Posted Image
THANKS SPREADFIRE FOR MY SIG!
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE

#38 Jerryd

Jerryd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

Couple of years ago when I was at the Mall of America there was one survey taker that decided to attempt to do his survey.

Walks up to me and asks if he walk with me and ask some questions..

Ok

So I start doing a quick power walk pace.

Several questions later, he is out of breath "You do not fit my profile!" I managed to get almost 1/4 of the way around the mall passing the store I intended to visit. He was last seen stopped and catching his breath.

#39 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

HAHA when reading that an image of Mike violently swatting one of those RC helicopters out of the air came to mind. Kind of like a more pissed off king kong...

But yeah. I find it best to not make eye contact, and ignore them. I don't even respond. Even if I am the only one walkinig by, I don't acknowlege them. Makes my day alot better :)

rofl I would pay to see that on video. But yeah those guys are vultures... it's the same around my mall especially the ones that sell cellphone skins.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#40 MNpaintball

MNpaintball

Ya Hoser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

mike, you've never been to MOA (mall of america) up here in MN...

visit this mall (especially on the weekends) and then we'll talk! :lol:

Gearbag Sale!!! http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157802

Dangerous Power FX for Sale: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=157232

~MNpaintball's Feedback~

#41 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

Jesus christ i know what you it's like so badly.

I was in a New Shopping center BEFORE the car park opened so there was about 200 hundred people milling around, so you could literally sprint and then superman slide and not hit anyone. well i looked at the clock and it read 9 o' clock which was when the car park opened. 2 minutes later i was in the center plaza being crushed by about 6000 people. i couldn't move at all or anything. i had to shout my head off and barge through the crowd to reach the safety of the GAME store. And i really hate those kiosk vendors that try to sell you shit. apart from on Friday. Where there was some people handing out FREE Chocolate bars. The big ones as well.
Posted Image
Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head

#42 Reavenas

Reavenas

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:59 AM

Mike.. Move to Norway. You will never ever suffer from this problem again.

Chrrrrrrrrrp.

Ego 08 <3
FEEDBACK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users