Photo

Does anyone else high five rental kids in hope they will join paintball?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

Herp Derp Boston Bawllah Derp Herp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

haha this is kinda weird but when ever i go play i tend to wait at the netting exit to high five the kids in hopes that they will join paintball

i figure new kids feeling good about themselves and not being intimidated by players with their own guns would join the sport
after they join if i see them again i like to show them the ropes and all that good stuff
from there they would invest in companies which means it inflates the economy of the local fields and also the paintball companies as a whole
from there paintball would grow and flourish into somethin more awesome than i can think of

sometimes ill take a hit to make a kid feel good if hes the only rental in a game and the rest of his team get shots out so when he steps off he gets to say
i was the last one in and the only person to take someone out
then i think hes more likely to join paintball

but just wonderin if anyone else does this or if its just me cuz im crazy like that?

i kinda wanna get a job at boston paintball as a ref cuz lota refs there dont even smile and im like yo look that rental just took out the whole dorito side by himself and the ref is just like shhh
and im like aww comon someone needs to tell him that was pretty awesome

Posted Image

Setup:Etek 3 LT,68/45 ninja,rotor,dye i4
~.:Team KaSL:.~
Field: Boston Paintball Indoor
Xbox live Gamertag: PeterxEast

#2 Blastman

Blastman

Super Awesome Amazing Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, the more encouraging you are the more likely they will pump money into the field, which is what gets me my paycheck.
Posted Image
OG Club-For the real TechPBers.

#3 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

yeah man the more supportive you are of those guys the higher the chance they will become one of us because they start to feel like they fit in with us.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#4 Farquhar

Farquhar

Tea - The solution to all of life's problems.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

It's definitly doing good, the kid thinks they did good on the field (regardless if they were or not) and they feel that you think they good (to them you seem like a pro) they'll wanna do it more.

I do the same, i encourage the rentals, in the hope they'll come back.

Good work man, more guys like you would really do some good in this sport :)
Posted Image

#5 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

It's definitly doing good, the kid thinks they did good on the field (regardless if they were or not) and they feel that you think they good (to them you seem like a pro) they'll wanna do it more.

I do the same, i encourage the rentals, in the hope they'll come back.

Good work man, more guys like you would really do some good in this sport Posted Image

haha thanks i always love the question "R u a pro?"

Posted Image

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

It's great to see this. Keep it up.

#7 baller5007

baller5007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

yea i remember the first time i went wasnt quite like that
but the second time at a different field was
treat them like there really good
def dont like treat em like n00bs or they wouln't won't to go again
my first expeirence was at a field full o assholes but there was one other group of tournament players that just made me want to play seriously so bad they let me walk there ego's and shit it was soooo cool great first expeirence

#8 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

Thats good :) the more encouraging you are, the more people come to play, the more people come to play, the more fun for you and growth in the sport, the more growth in the sport, the better the fields, the better the fields a happier you.

#9 Blastman

Blastman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

Thats good Posted Image the more encouraging you are, the more people come to play, the more people come to play, the more fun for you and growth in the sport, the more growth in the sport, the better the fields, the better the fields a happier you.

And the more they will buy shitty guns that break that I can tech at $25 an hour :D
Posted Image

#10 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Thats good Posted Image the more encouraging you are, the more people come to play, the more people come to play, the more fun for you and growth in the sport, the more growth in the sport, the better the fields, the better the fields a happier you.

And the more they will buy shitty guns that break that I can tech at $25 an hour Posted Image

or they can join TechPB, learn what markers is worth it and how to maintain them, and not need your teching :)

#11 Blastman

Blastman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

And the more they will buy shitty guns that break that I can tech at $25 an hour Posted Image

or they can join TechPB, learn what markers is worth it and how to maintain them, and not need your teching Posted Image

Naaaa, then how am I supposed t play PSP?Roflpwning D5 teams gets old after a while
Posted Image

#12 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

or they can join TechPB, learn what markers is worth it and how to maintain them, and not need your teching Posted Image

Naaaa, then how am I supposed t play PSP?Roflpwning D5 teams gets old after a while

I think your using my word blast :P
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#13 Blastman

Blastman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

I think your using my word blast Posted Image

What can I say, it perfectly describes what DemoniK does to D5 teams, its akin to an up the butt rape with no lube and a 20 foot long cock.
Posted Image

#14 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

Then play teams your level.
I can't imagine getting raped by a 20 foot long cock will make people want to keep playing, escpecially when they play at a low level <D5>

#15 Blastman

Blastman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

Then play teams your level.
I can't imagine getting raped by a 20 foot long cock will make people want to keep playing, escpecially when they play at a low level <D5>

There are no local tournies with teams at a high enough level to really challenge us, thats why we are going to play PSP.But we cant afford to for at least another year.
Posted Image

#16 Tor

Tor

The Clothes Make The Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

Usually when a rental is on my team I shake hands with him and introduce my self.
Then in the staging area, I go ask them some questions and answer theirs.

Posted Image
Proud American
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Genghis Khan

#17 shadow4437

shadow4437

Agg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

I try to help and be-friend all the rentals so they keep coming back and playing. I'm going to start really helping them hardcore though, so we can get some more people into the sport since our local scene is shitty.
Posted Image

#18 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

I say support all players rental or not. It is good sportsmanship to congratuate you're opponent on a well played game, win or lose. That is very cool of you to treat the new players that way though, we need more people to do this.

QUOTE (U83R 1337 @ Jun 18 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

#19 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

I think your using my word blast Posted Image

What can I say, it perfectly describes what DemoniK does to D5 teams, its akin to an up the butt rape with no lube and a 20 foot long cock.

lol yeah that dose sum it up nicely and in a age appropriate way.
Matt Hackney Co-Captain

#20 minikmak

minikmak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

i high five them, give them tips and tell them good job( although one kid got kindof pissed probably thought i was being sarcastic
Posted Image - join grassroots

#21 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

instead of saying good job say good game, that way if they are from the losing team they can think your being sarcastic
Matt Hackney Co-Captain

#22 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

A renter got me out and it was a good out so when the game was over I told him good shot and when he saw my marker his eyes lit up and I said you wanna use it for a couple of rounds and he almost immediately said yes. He had a blast with it.

#23 FauX12

FauX12

Livin' My Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

When im out there i try to encourage all the rental players. I like to give them tips and advice to try to get them more into paintball. I was practicing with my university team and we were taking a break watching a rec players go at it on the cup field layout and there was a little kid playing the dorito on snake side, and we were all coaching him from the side and he got the courage to superman into the snake in just jeans and a sweater and crawl to the 50 and he was only like 10 or 11. A little encouragement can go a long way. After the game ended we all high fived the kid and told him that he did really well and would be a great player if he kept up playing like that!

#24 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

When im out there i try to encourage all the rental players. I like to give them tips and advice to try to get them more into paintball. I was practicing with my university team and we were taking a break watching a rec players go at it on the cup field layout and there was a little kid playing the dorito on snake side, and we were all coaching him from the side and he got the courage to superman into the snake in just jeans and a sweater and crawl to the 50 and he was only like 10 or 11. A little encouragement can go a long way. After the game ended we all high fived the kid and told him that he did really well and would be a great player if he kept up playing like that!

you see it's stuff like this that make paintball special. I just wish more tournament level teams and people in general have this mentality.
Matt Hackney Co-Captain

#25 FauX12

FauX12

Livin' My Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

you see it's stuff like this that make paintball special. I just wish more tournament level teams and people in general have this mentality.

I know what you mean, a lot of tournament players are pretty mean to rental and upcoming players. It puts a lot of people away from paintball, especially if new players parents see this they think that paintball is a bad place for their kids. If everyone in paintball adjusted their attitudes and shrunk their egos (not the gun) paintball would be in a better place.

#26 minikmak

minikmak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

instead of saying good job say good game, that way if they are from the losing team they can think your being sarcastic

I try to emphasize what they did RIGHT like holding there bunkers snap shooting not putting their backs to the wall
Posted Image - join grassroots

#27 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

yeah some people just cant hold their head up when they lose though
Matt Hackney Co-Captain

#28 IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

IplayPAINTBALLandSTUFF

Stay Agg, Ponyboy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Instead of high five-ing, we should give them the baseball tap Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"I'm almost fifteen and in highschool. You're in fifth grade. You're an idiot."

Your Iphone Blows.

#29 kyleeee

kyleeee

Cousin It

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

lololololz... "show them the ropes" double meaning possibly Posted Image

but yes it definatly helps, someone at the field I go to does it alot, not just kids but everyone new, it has results.
My Feedback 1/0/0

#30 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

lololololz... "show them the ropes" double meaning possibly Posted Image

but yes it definatly helps, someone at the field I go to does it alot, not just kids but everyone new, it has results.

haha nice catch i didnt even see that
if they saw the ropes it would only be for a second...then everything would have turned pink
haha jk thats messed up who would do that to rentals?

Posted Image

#31 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

Everytime I bring a newbie to a field I let them use my marker, I've already recruited 3 people in 4 months...

But yeah, I never say "Why didn't you go to that bunker?!" and I always try to pick the side with the more Renters, there alot of fun, you get to see some of the craziest shit.

kid running to the 75 yard line on the Break-out and Nailing 2 people before getting shot out is awesome to see in game.

#32 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

good job everyone... im glad to hear that people are actually going out of their way to improve the sport... i cant tell you how many people have bad attitudes and way to big egos and treat everyone else like crap. It really annoys me to see players who have experience just unload on noobs and then talk shit to them afterwards, this makes people have a bad impression on paintball and makes all of us look like assholes. I told that one guy off and let the kid play with my friends and I, and together we all owned that shit talkers group. from now on if i see people being an ass im going to tell them off and i hope everyone else would do the same to these true assholes.
Jump! Quick, like a lil bunny - Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

FEEDBACK-- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=138217

#33 Person23423

Person23423

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

I found high fiving, or just giving any encouragment or feel good stuff, to rentals for the sake of making them feel good is rather patronizing.

I only high five rentals if they pulled a move that won the game for my team.
I am going to write a book on the terrible time I have at my old field where I don't work anymore.

Feedback

Click here to help a poor guy who wasted his money buying stupid shi* guns.

#34 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:20 AM

trust me, where i play if you cock and attitude to the new crowd the refs throw you out of the game

Edit: its one thing being dickish... but another just to be a straight up asshole.

Edited by Panda Man, 16 November 2009 - 01:20 AM.

#35 rabidkoala

rabidkoala

charmingly amateurish

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

I don't literally high five them, but yea, I try to be nice, answer questions, let kids use my gun for a game(doesn't happen very often, but I offer it sometimes.)
I remember this group of young(like really young, younger than 10) kids that were playing lasertag at the field started asking questions for a couple of minutes, and at the end They got pictures taken of them holding my guns. :)
nycpbguy's thoughts on the rotor's durability:

i agree...i refuse to play in a burning building for a scenario where i have to jump from a 2 story building to win.

#36 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

Well, I'm basically not allowed to play woodsball anymore. Out of the five woodsball fields in the Vancouver, BC area, 4 of them know that I'm a Div 2 level player and unless I'm using a pump in woodsball, they're probably gonna tell me to go home. Also, I'm trying to get better as a tourney player these days, and choose not to play rec woodsball, since it makes me sag against lesser skilled players, and is also very expensive.

With that said, the few times a year I play woodsball, I'll almost always ask a group of renter kids how their day has been, let them shoot my gun (or if I'm in a really good mood, use it for a game), give them some tips, etc. I like to say that I do my part to help paintball grow as a whole. This winter I'll be playing indoor in the states so my Sats and Sundays are pretty much unavailable...but if I wasn't, I'd be more than down to ref woodsball, and help those trying out our sport to have the best time possible, and hopefully make a gear investment and enjoy paintball as a regular player.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#37 KnockKnockPaintball

KnockKnockPaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

always a good thing. might inspire them to keep playing.
Knock-Knock Paintball Team

#38 Chris Sully

Chris Sully

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

I've never thought about this
Its an awesome idea!
Posted Image
Under 18 and pay for my own gear.
Sponsors: Planet Eclipse, S.W.A.T. Paintball
Birkenhead born and bred... lad

#39 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

This is exactly the attitude that we want to promote to help the sport it allo starts with one player. The more players pick it up one at a time, we can begin to over run the numbers of the people that have the bad attitudes and stuff in the game. And get the game back to the days where it was fun and family and good sportsmanship was what the game was about.

Every little bit helps, nothing makes me feel better than when I hear a player talking to Mike or I and tell us that we helped them in any way. Whether it be a simple video on a subject or a review or interview and most of all we are the reason they got into the sport. We have a love and passion for this game.

Great topic and I enjoyed reading the responses and the many ways we all can make a difference.

#40 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

Just yesterday, after all the games, I walked back to the staging area with my team, we all fist-pounded, because we won.

sigwf.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users