• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 matt29

matt29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

hey i just got a etek2 and coming from useing a a5 i am confused on the maintenance of it.What should i do after a day of play?If anyone has a maintenance vid could you post a link to it because i am very confused.

Thanks

#2 Nick A

Nick A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

Really all you have to do is the basics, take out the bold and lube it, put 1 drop and rub it all around, also put a swab through your breach to clean any chops you may have had. Clean your loader too depending on the loader its different cleaning for all of them

that's the main maintenance you will need to do

#3 matt29

matt29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

sweet so all i need to do after a day of play is put a small drop of lube on the boltand rub it around..that sounds easy enough lol how often should i clean the whole gun?
thanks for all the help

#4 Nick A

Nick A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

well if you see the bolt has lube and its clean your fine but if its dirty or dry you have to lube it, look on youtube for some videos, people will walk you through it

#5 matt29

matt29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

alright thanks for the help, ill start serching youtube for a good qualitly maintenance vid lol

#6 Nick A

Nick A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

np, have any question feel free to ask :)

#7 Tunderwood

Tunderwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

np, have any question feel free to ask :)

Don't forget the rammer either.
Must lube it with Gun oil btw (Ie- Planet eclipse gun oil)

#8 matt29

matt29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

ok so i should do the bolt and rammer after everyday of play. About how much oil should i use?

#9 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Put a small drop on each oring then spread it all the way around the ring, that should be fine. I would do it after every day of play.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#10 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

take some oil, and put a few drops in the asa then dry fire it. this should spread the lube pretty well. then if you feel the need to lube the ram and the bolt o rings.

#11 Nico

Nico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

watch mikes sl8r video their both egos and just about the same

#12 techpbminion

techpbminion

Hero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

i own an etek really if u chopped any paint clean out the eyeys and everything other wys just lube the bolt and the rammer orings

#13 Marq'dUP

Marq'dUP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

take some oil, and put a few drops in the asa then dry fire it. this should spread the lube pretty well. then if you feel the need to lube the ram and the bolt o rings.

DO NOT PUT OIL IN THE ASA. It is not your A5 it could damage the gun. A drop of oil on each rammer oring and the bolt is optional. I wouldnt put it on the bolt cause it attracts dust. Every 4 cases or so i lube the lpr and hpr piston.

#14 Mwagballer

Mwagballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:00 AM

Clean you eyes, detents, lube your bolt, rammer, and after every 5-6 cases lube your lpr and hpr.....gratz on the new gat!!!
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

#15 onemanmafia

onemanmafia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:08 AM

well you dont need to clean your regulator until 20000 shots at least but i would every 4 cases just follow your manual.
your life is in my hands and you don't even know it

Help me become a moderator http://www.techpb.co...?showtopic=3078

#16 theFL@SH_69

theFL@SH_69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Like most people said, oil your bolt, slightly, after every day of play. Regulator, it is good to clean it every 4-6 cases. So 8000-12000 shots would be good. Just follow the manual precisely the first couple of times though. Make sure you don't lose anything, break something, etc. And you'll be a pro at it in no time! :D
ECN/ ECA

#17 AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

Check out the Planet Eclipse Forum...you will find everything you need to know in there.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users