16 replies to this topic

#1 the man

the man

young padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

I kinda knew this, but I actually got my viking today (Unmilled, 04) and DAMN. The things a fucking monster! Any ideas on making it a bit more manageable? I dont have tons of cash to throw at DC, But i really want to Ul it and get a front cut. All i have is a dremel also. So post anything u think could help me out :)

#2 Padre

Padre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

dremels won't help you lol...save up your cash and get it to DC..for now, fall in love with it...and get it UL'd if you like the UL triggers.
Jassie's my starter:
04 Featherlight Viking|JMJ Trigger

Nautica's my trusty backup:
ICD Promaster|AKA 2L+ and SCMIII|CP roller trigger

Thinking about a Vice for new backup...hit me up if you're in GTA

#3 the man

the man

young padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:35 AM

nonono i didnt plan on dremeling it lol i was just meaning 2 say i didnt have anything to mill with. what are the best milling options to make it lighter?

#4 Padre

Padre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

take it to DC,lol.
Jassie's my starter:
04 Featherlight Viking|JMJ Trigger

Nautica's my trusty backup:
ICD Promaster|AKA 2L+ and SCMIII|CP roller trigger

Thinking about a Vice for new backup...hit me up if you're in GTA

#5 heisman01

heisman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:45 PM

just play with it after a week u wont notice it kid

2 girls on my girls team shoot viking
well see im kind of a big deal

#6 the man

the man

young padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

im just used to my diablo wrath ;)

#7 zWarlord

zWarlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

The wieght is not really a big deal. Yes its a lil on the heavy side, but the ballance is really good. I find its actually a little better balanced than my ego7.
But unless you have someone you know who can do milling, not much you can do but send it to DC.
Oh and yes, please dont mill a vike with a dremmel, this is the result (yes, it is ok to cry, no, it wasn't me):
Posted Image

#8 meercenary

meercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

tape a brick to to your gun and play with it for a month, take it off, itll feel lighter

#9 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

The wieght is not really a big deal. Yes its a lil on the heavy side, but the ballance is really good. I find its actually a little better balanced than my ego7.
But unless you have someone you know who can do milling, not much you can do but send it to DC.
Oh and yes, please dont mill a vike with a dremmel, this is the result (yes, it is ok to cry, no, it wasn't me):
Posted Image

what the hell is that??? Thats a shame to the viking gods.... Go to DC or sell it to me :) ...

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#10 the man

the man

young padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:36 AM

wat r the best milling options at dc. im knida on a budget

#11 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

Personally, I think that the lightest milling that you will get from DC is to the FSP milling with all of the hidden milling. Actually, I think that it is the lightest milling that you will get from anyone. Even the fine folks at Splat Attack in Kent, WA, when I got my Viking milled and they put it back together for me, said it was lighter than anything else that they had dealt with.

#12 heisman01

heisman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:46 AM

start with a frame mill if ur really on a budget it runs abt $40 and will drop abt 5-6 OZ's after that the noid area milling drops abt 3oz's and runs $40 ish

#13 W. KY Killer

W. KY Killer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

Have a few Q's. How does adding the UL frame work. I have a tadao board in my 04 vike. would I use the same board or get a UL board (I like the HATer/symbio combo)? Is it lighter to get the stock frame milled or add the UL frame? You pretty much get rid of the tray with UL frame correct?

I've been looking at finishing up my viking with the Full FSP and all the miling options. I have pretty much everything you can have on one with the exceptions of the robtown valve and the STD lpr. Are they worth the investment? I have an scmIII and i'm concerned about reliability with changing out my valve. I've had my viking for 4 years now and have never had any issues with it at all.
While you're talking about how good you are, I'm getting better.
While you celebrate your one kill, I'm still going.
You brag. I tag. Maybe one day you'll learn.

AKA 4 EVER

#14 heisman01

heisman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

the UL frame is done mostly for comfort you can put the UL frame on and still use your stock board if you go trayless i recommend a macdev board,

the RT valve is a good investment both my vikings have them i have an std lpr coming so i cant tell u its performance over the scm3 yet but from what i hear its alot better

#15 R-M-I

R-M-I

Angry Norwegian

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

Posted Image

The "person" (read: fucking MORON) that did this to this gun, should be slapped across the face several times a day....

#16 foxinsox50cal

foxinsox50cal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

I think the viking in all reality is an alright size. sure it's a little big, and for a modern gun it's a little heavy, but on the field I never notice it. My primary is an 03 un-milled, played two tourneys with it, and love the gun more everytime I play with it. I have owned ego's marq's timmies, macdev guns, and my viking has cured my gun-whoring for a year.
Posted Image

#17 .Vampy

.Vampy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

whoever dremeled that viking should have his nuts cut off.

this good enough for you nick???
<b><u><a href="http://&quot;http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13772&quot;" target="_blank">PMR Owners Group</a>

</u></b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro--><u><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><a href="http://www.techpb.co...6&#entry485356" target="_blank">04 Prostock Pump! Bring me something nice!</a><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><b><u>
</u></b>

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users