• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 curling beast

curling beast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

I dont want to spend a ton on an HPA tank like, as little as humanly possible. In the varrying price ranges, are some tanks better or safer than the cheap ones or are they all relatively as safe as the really expensive tanks? I was also wondering if anyone knows where you can fill them? Are paintball shops the main places to get them filled? Dicks Sporting Goods, anything? Thanks a lot guys!

#2 Sigma Sparda

Sigma Sparda

Proudly sponsored by ANSGear.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

May want to direct this towards Equipment Help. Your local field should fill them, or if not, you can always get a scuba tank to fill them yourself. All tanks are just as safe as one another, as you're mainly paying for a label and the regulator. If you're just starting out, used tanks are just as good as new tanks really, as long as they haven't had extensive exterior damage and considerably cheaper.

First.
Posted Image
Rowan Platoon Frontman. Check Us Out.

(TechPB-Mike @ Jul 28 2009, 08:13 PM)
When I score first post in ANYTHING, I drive to the closest walmart, kick the doors in, and yell "I got first post mother fuckers!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

#3 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:32 AM

http://www.ninjapain..._productID_E_70

Posted Image

Overall, best regulator on the market IMO. Performs like a World Champion, is adjustable, rebuildable, small gauge, small fill valve, comes with extra tank oring, fill valve cover, and aluminium thread saver.

#4 tippmannr

tippmannr

Ronald McDonald FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

Absolutely agree with DK. Ninja makes a 48/30 for like $50.00.

Gewn Owners V4

MY FEEDBACK

Those charges are bullshit and you know it. How was I supposed to know he was 9?

My Photo Bucket

#5 curling beast

curling beast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

Sigma~ I've been playing for about 10 years but im real far from a shop (about an hour and 15) so i dont wanna go fill it there. I had a tank and got rid of it when i wasnt playing so much but now i have time and just dont wanna spend a ton. the scuba tank is a good idea though!

D.K.~ $50?! Thats it?! Do you have an ideahow many shots you get out of it?

Thanks a lot guys!

#6 canadian_boi

canadian_boi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

"D.K.~ $50?! Thats it?! Do you have an ideahow many shots you get out of it?"

not much, i have a pure energy 48/3000 and i get about 3 or 4 pods and a hopper off my bt marker.

#7 JRPaintball

JRPaintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Yeah ninja tanks are the best tanks on the market and get one of them if u can. They have carbon fibers which are the best that are like 150 but if ur really lookin to go cheap then get a steelie for like 45 dollars. THey are both just as safe but the stellie will be heavier, bigger, wont hold as much air....Ur local shop should fill them, u can fill em ur self, ur local field can fill em, and just like try asking places like wal-mart cause places like that might even fill!!

Posted Image

Im a GFX designer, I do make signatures. Contact me on my profile me if you have any questions or want a sig.

#8 curling beast

curling beast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

Yeah thanks guys, ill look around, i need a higher ci tank! maybe one of their steels!

#9 phish

phish

<@:( Angry clown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

go nitro duck, their the cheapest, I think...\

Used at least they're consistently 10-20 dollars less.
All actions come with a 3 day dignity saver guarantee. I cannot however guarantee that the dignity will in fact be reinstated in the very likely chance that you lose it.

#10 arjuns

arjuns

^made by the great People4Paintball^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

well what im trying to do is find a tank for cheap, maybe 60, and put a new reg on it so its bascially new. but i think millertime has a thread in the BST tank section for his tank, one doesn't have a reg and is a pretty big CI
If your travelling at the speed of light in a car, when you turn your headlights on,
will they do anything?

ETEK1 owner, NFL Fan, HS Baller

#11 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,778 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

Can always get this. http://www.paintball...n68coairsy.html 68/4500 tank that has a ninja reg.

#12 curling beast

curling beast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

Alright, I'll takealook at them all, thanks a lot guys! TK~ That seems like a real good deal!

#13 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,778 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

Alright, I'll takealook at them all, thanks a lot guys! TK~ That seems like a real good deal!

It's a very good deal for those who can't afford a ninja.

#14 sruli1974

sruli1974

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

i see paintballgateway.com sells Guerrilla Air tanks at prices. The Myth reg gets you more shots as well.

#15 Spider200081

Spider200081

Member-608 Spartans Dubuque, IA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

i see paintballgateway.com sells Guerrilla Air tanks at prices. The Myth reg gets you more shots as well.

Is there video of tests proving this? Preferably third party but any well documented test would do. Identical sized tanks using exact same paint, marker and air fill with temp reading and chrono. I'd love to see any such video.

#16 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,778 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

Is there video of tests proving this? Preferably third party but any well documented test would do. Identical sized tanks using exact same paint, marker and air fill with temp reading and chrono. I'd love to see any such video.

I'm thinking it's because, from what I hear, the output pressure of the myth reg is 650psi, while the output pressure of the ninja reg is 850psi. If that is why the myth reg gets more shots than the ninja, then you can just put the ninja reg at an output pressure of 650psi and they should get the same number of shots.

#17 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

I'm thinking it's because, from what I hear, the output pressure of the myth reg is 650psi, while the output pressure of the ninja reg is 850psi. If that is why the myth reg gets more shots than the ninja, then you can just put the ninja reg at an output pressure of 650psi and they should get the same number of shots.

Output pressure does not effect the amount of shots per tank... At least that I have seen.

Edited by D.K., 10 December 2009 - 09:21 AM.

#18 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

go nitro duck, their the cheapest, I think...\

Used at least they're consistently 10-20 dollars less.

Sorry to say but Nitro duck is no longer in business.

I would love to see a third party test this!!!
NINJA PAINTBALL - PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Ninja Paintball Factory Tech
If you have a question please post it in the NINJA/PSI GURU forum
DOT Certified Hydro Tester G777

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users