1012 replies to this topic

#1 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

Do you ski or snowboard in Paintball's off season? Do you love the Winter X-games? Do you love the winter olympics? Then come on in!

Join this club if you like skiing or snowboarding! Yes, you can join even if you aren't a professional Alpine Ski Racer Posted Image Posted Image

Rules:
No B/S/T
No Trolling/Flaming
No Large blank spaces in posts

King of the Snowboarders: Cubeman
King of the Skiiers: nickp
Prince of the Snowboarders: Butters
Prince of the Skiiers: Sgt Moose

Noble Members:
1. Trum_15
2. not named
3. baller5007
4. FacePainter
5. Distortion_UK
6. paintballgpimp489
7. xColdAcesx
8. drummie224
9. Oblivion
10. PacosTacos88

Peasants:
JBaller
MNpaintball
xMTx
NuMnUm9000
Gibbs
Starter
codyrm
x28marqlover
Sgt. Bradley
Snake-Eyes
.SP0NGE.

Self Proclaimed Village Idiot:
arjuns

Edited by Cubeman, 16 November 2010 - 05:59 PM.

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#2 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

Um we have a snow lovers club.. but i will join, i snowboard!!

#3 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

Um we have a snow lovers club.. but i will join, i snowboard!!

Goddamnit! Do they focus on snowboarding/skiing discussion?

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#4 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

ill join i have been boarding for 12 years. i have 6 sets of boots bindings and boards :D im too lazy to sell and i keep them for friends
Im Not Mean, I Just Say What Others Think...
Kittys Definition of Butters Hate: "Its like Obama with Crabs going to a KKK Meeting"
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#5 not named

not named

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:38 AM

I call King of Skiiers! I dont own my own skis but I have been before. Thats good enough right cube (I know you so its all good)?

Posted Image

Canadian Baller

#6 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:39 AM

I claim king of skiiers. I ski 60+ days a year and own 4 pairs of skis. Armada Thalls (tanner hall pro models), Nordica Zero (twin tip powder ski), Elan race SL 160cm (I do race but don't wear the fag race suit), Saloman xfree 8(my rock skis)

Edited by nickp, 12 December 2009 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#7 not named

not named

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

^Nooo, I called it!

Posted Image

Canadian Baller

#8 baller5007

baller5007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

i snowboard
i have a burton DOM, burton frees, and some old salmon boots
special blend jacket, oakley pants

#9 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

I'm more fit to be king therefore I win :P

I'm also wearing this when I'm skiing. What kinda pisses me off though is too many people have the same jacket as I do. I also do wear a hard ear helmet. I had soft ears but my ear ended up getting raped by a twig while skiing in some glades.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by nickp, 12 December 2009 - 11:59 AM.

Posted Image
king of skiers

#10 baller5007

baller5007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

yes im noble!
how about only 5 noble members so i feel more special

#11 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hey guys. I have two boarding questions. First of all, every time I use the chairlift with my board I get kinda scared and go down the thing (sometimes almost die :P happened a few times where I come off late) and then I just fall over at the bottom of the chairlift coming off thing. I always wanted to use a gondola :( Anyway, if I get those bindings that slide in through the back could I put them on on the chairlift? Because that would be a lot easier I think.

Second question... I only have boarded for like 2ish years and only about 5 times each year so I'm still really bad. I can't even carve really :( My current board is a piece of shit 70 dollar board from a sports store :P It's a little big, but it's ok I guess. It's a Rossignol Wave that's heavily used, and covered in Boarding and Paintballing stickers :P Do I have to upgrade if I want to get better? I mean at the time I didn't have much money and had already paid >100 bucks on rentals and stuff... So I got it. But my bindings are nice, and my boots were epic (Burton Ruler) but they are REALLY tight now.

CBC.png

#12 baller5007

baller5007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

Q1
Some places will allow you to strap up on the lift others do not
alot of the time if they let me i go on a quad by myself and strap in on the way up, to save time
but if they wont let you, angle your board correctly coming up to the ramp, scooch so your almost sitting sideways with one cheek hangin off the seat, and just glide off, put your boot in between both bindings and squeeze it against the inside of the back binding, this will enable you to have more control

Q2
The board should do you fine, i find it easier to get really loose/comfy on a board if its too small;i have trouble with bigger boards, dont buy a board unless its on sale for cheap, get it small if your done growing, have it fit/slightly big if you still have some growing to do

if you stand the board up next to you where does the board come up to on your body?

#13 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

Don't feel like digging up my board right now to size it, I'll do that later.
And I'm pretty sure they let you strap up on the lift, but it's just that there is a 90 degree turn about 12 feet after you get off the lift (which I fall on every time)

CBC.png

#14 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hey I'll join, I am a pretty good snowboarder.

#15 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

Added to list.

CBC.png

#16 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hey guys. I have two boarding questions. First of all, every time I use the chairlift with my board I get kinda scared and go down the thing (sometimes almost die :P happened a few times where I come off late) and then I just fall over at the bottom of the chairlift coming off thing. I always wanted to use a gondola :( Anyway, if I get those bindings that slide in through the back could I put them on on the chairlift? Because that would be a lot easier I think.

Second question... I only have boarded for like 2ish years and only about 5 times each year so I'm still really bad. I can't even carve really :( My current board is a piece of shit 70 dollar board from a sports store :P It's a little big, but it's ok I guess. It's a Rossignol Wave that's heavily used, and covered in Boarding and Paintballing stickers :P Do I have to upgrade if I want to get better? I mean at the time I didn't have much money and had already paid >100 bucks on rentals and stuff... So I got it. But my bindings are nice, and my boots were epic (Burton Ruler) but they are REALLY tight now.

Q1...some places dont let you buckle in on the lift. others dont care. if you wanna get off the lift better. when you get off put your foot next to the back binding and push against it and lean like a regular carve. and stand up basically straight...

Q2...i have always bought cheap like 120$ boards. on sale and such. im still good lol. just when you go down try and practice a certain thing.
Kittys Definition of Butters Hate: "Its like Obama with Crabs going to a KKK Meeting"
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#17 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

Can I be Prince of the Skiers? I'm rooting for Ted Ligety in the Olympics.

Edited by Sgt Moose, 12 December 2009 - 10:21 PM.

#18 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

Do you have your own skis? If so what are they? :P

CBC.png

#19 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

most epic mistake ever. Holy shit.

Posted Image
king of skiers

#20 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

Alright well here is what I have.

I've got a burton fat boy <oldschool>
Had a couple burtons but sold them.
and I currently have 3 K2 boards, and yes I prefer K2 over burton.
I use burton boots and burton freestyle toecap bindings.
I like to keep my gear fresh.

Edited by FacePainter, 21 November 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#21 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkZ7Tyf7_YM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url]

Holy shit.

Alright we'll here is what I have.

Cool. I always wondered about K2...

CBC.png

#22 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkZ7Tyf7_YM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url]

Holy shit.

Alright we'll here is what I have.

Cool. I always wondered about K2...

Yeah, I don't understand why so many people say it's a bad company, their boards range from stiff to flexy and are put together nicely.
Burton IMO is overrated, although they make really nice snowpants, boots, and bindings.

#23 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Should I wax and sharpen my board? I only used it about 3 times/12-18ish hours since the last time it was Posted Image

Edited by Cubeman, 12 December 2009 - 11:32 PM.

CBC.png

#24 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

We'll, I own my own wax and wax iron, aswell with the On-the-go wax which I can just rub on, I wax my board every other time snowboarding.

And I don't think sharpening it is necessary unless you are feeling like your edging is off when trying to carve.

#25 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

I can't even carve. I forget which side, but on one side whenever I try to carve I over carve and end up either doing a heel slide or toe slide. How much is wax?

Oh and does moving while 1 foot is in the binding piss you off? (Like walking around after you finished a run) that and when you have to run like a polar bear because you ran into a 100 meter flat with no speed? Those 2 things piss me off about snowboarding... That, getting off the lift, doing up my bindings, and falling :P but its fun overall :lol:

CBC.png

#26 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

I can't even carve. I forget which side, but on one side whenever I try to carve I over carve and end up either doing a heel slide or toe slide. How much is wax?

Oh and does moving while 1 foot is in the binding piss you off? (Like walking around after you finished a run) that and when you have to run like a polar bear because you ran into a 100 meter flat with no speed? Those 2 things piss me off about snowboarding... That, getting off the lift, doing up my bindings, and falling Posted Image but its fun overall Posted Image

Hehe, none of those happen to me anymore, just keep practicing and you get better.

I'll make some vids when the hills open up.

Just looked and my closest hill opened it's doors today, so I am going there tomorrow.
Shall I bring my camera? to film my first time boarding of the season?

Edited by FacePainter, 13 December 2009 - 12:01 AM.

#27 baller5007

baller5007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Q1...some places dont let you buckle in on the lift. others dont care. if you wanna get off the lift better. when you get off put your foot next to the back binding and push against it and lean like a regular carve. and stand up basically straight...

Q2...i have always bought cheap like 120$ boards. on sale and such. im still good lol. just when you go down try and practice a certain thing.

thanks for copying my answers butters, lol jk

#28 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

thanks for copying my answers butters, lol jk

all i read on yours was the Q1 lol if they are the same cool
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#29 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:26 AM

Do you have your own skis? If so what are they? :P

Fischer Worldcup GS
Atomic sl12
Elan Magfires

#30 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

Added :)

CBC.png

#31 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

Thanks, I got first turns of the season yesterday. It needs to snow more, it was so rutted that I went to turn across the trail and I popped 2 feet into the air. Pretty uneven, but the trees had decent snow and soft landings.

#32 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

I claim king of skiiers. I ski 60+ days a year and own 4 pairs of skis. Armada Thalls (tanner hall pro models), Nordica Zero (twin tip powder ski), Elan race SL 160cm (I do race but don't wear the fag race suit), Saloman xfree 8(my rock skis)

You wanna say that about race suits again? :ph34r: I have a problem with that comment.

#33 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

i challenge the king of snowboards...Cubeman. to a race/freestyle to claim the position
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#34 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

i challenge the king of snowboards...Cubeman. to a race/freestyle to claim the position

I started the club/palace :P so I am the king.

CBC.png

#35 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

can i be Queen? :D
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#36 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

can i be Queen? Posted Image

You can be Princess! Posted Image

CBC.png

#37 baller5007

baller5007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

can i be royal jester?

#38 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

yay! princess ftw! does that mean i have to sleep with moose? lol or i mean go down the mountain with him
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#39 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

yay! princess ftw! does that mean i have to sleep with moose? lol or i mean go down the mountain with him

You must engage in some physical form of love with moose.

See this bigass mofo? You're gonna get used to cuddling up to his brown fur.

Posted Image

On a serious note, has anyone heard of Louie Vito? He's a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHaFgXQbfv8

Edited by Cubeman, 14 December 2009 - 03:43 PM.

CBC.png

#40 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

Uhh, did I miss something? Aren't princes and princesses usually brothers and sisters? I'm going skiing again later.

#41 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

Uhh, did I miss something? Aren't princes and princesses usually brothers and sisters? I'm going skiing again later.

Oh snap... I think you're right. The prince marries some random girl and she becomes queen, princess is just screwed :P

CBC.png

#42 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

You wanna say that about race suits again? :ph34r: I have a problem with that comment.

I just don't feel like being in tight spandex and also don't like freezing. I do have to say though you get to see some sweet camel toe on the ladies.

Edited by nickp, 14 December 2009 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image
king of skiers

#43 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

Oh snap... I think you're right. The prince marries some random girl and she becomes queen, princess is just screwed :P

uh oh! *covers butt*.

going boarding when my brother comes to visit the 24th-29th
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#44 baller5007

baller5007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

You must engage in some physical form of love with moose.

See this bigass mofo? You're gonna get used to cuddling up to his brown fur.

Posted Image

On a serious note, has anyone heard of Louie Vito? He's a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHaFgXQbfv8

NICE
i like the interview
ridin super pipe is scary as hell!
espicially in pennsylvannia there always icy

#45 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

I started the club/palace Posted Image so I am the king.

I am willing to join the battle, possibly put vids up of us all boarding?

#46 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

I just don't feel like being in tight spandex and also don't like freezing. I do have to say though you get to see some sweet camel toe on the ladies.

Yeah, it does get pretty cold, but I wear a jacket and training shorts until my run. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy wearing spandex, but it's part of racing.

#47 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

Nothing says you have to though at least at the high school team level.
Posted Image
king of skiers

#48 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Most serious racers do wear one though.

#49 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

All I know in racing is go in between the gates, don't crash, don't take a gate to the nuts (owwwwwwww), dont take a gate to the head(owwww. not as bad as said before.helmet ftw)
Posted Image
king of skiers

#50 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

Most serious racers do wear one though.

so
not serious skiiers = wear coats and pants

serious racing skiiers = wear almost nothing but a spandex suit

so wouldnt that mean, super pro serious skiiers = go nude?

amidoinitrite?
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users