• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

Posting here too because there will also be a store. This will be the only store in Cedar Rapids after Kurt closed Edge Paintball earlier this year.

Ok, the news everyone has been waiting for...

Adventure Park Paintball
Indoor Field and Store

Cedar Rapids, IA

Opening December 2008

Watch here for details. __________________
Voted best place to play in Iowa...www.adventureparkpaintball.com

Home of Team Genesis

Best prices on Dye, Tippman, Empire, Proto, Virtue, Bawls, Draxxus, Pinokio Hoppers, Redz and much more.

#2 ChadSexton

ChadSexton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:45 PM

so when can we start playing on the indoors?

#3 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:32 PM

December is all that's been said yet:

"Ok, the news everyone has been waiting for...

Adventure Park Paintball
Indoor Field and Store

Cedar Rapids, IA

Opening December 2008

Watch here for details.

Just a little more information...

2 heated fields, turf, sup'air bunkers, store open 7 days per week, CO2 and HPA fills year round and more

Anyone that has played at our outdoor will find the same quality fields, nice staging, helpful staff, clean all around. The turf will be steam cleaned every week. Just what you would expect from Adventure Park Paintball."

#4 iowa_paintballer

iowa_paintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

I AM SOOO IN!!!! WHERE WILL IT BE AT!?
I ROCK THE BOB LONG VICE!

JESUS = WIN

Posted Image

#5 pbjunky126

pbjunky126

guy stuck in the MW-go vicious!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

how much will paint be?

#6 iowa_paintballer

iowa_paintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:18 AM

probablythe same price at the other field, $65 for a case. man i still cant wait for this to open

JESUS = WIN

Posted Image

#7 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:53 AM

More info has been posted:

Give us till next week and we'll start taking reservations. We are going to have company leagues on Tuesday and Thursday night, rec play Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday. Store will be open 7 days a week.

Talk to your companys you work and see if they would like to support your group playing in a league. More details to come.

More then likely the paint will be a little more then the outdoor field, and field paint only. But paint from the outdoor will be good for the indoor. As mentioned above, there will be 2 sessions on Sat. Reservations will be required, once a session is filled that will be it, space will be limited. And also stated above, League Night!

#8 iowa_paintballer

iowa_paintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

awesome! how big do the groups have to be for reservations?

JESUS = WIN

Posted Image

#9 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

Prices and group sizes haven't been finalized yet. They are planning on OPENING DAY being Friday 12/12/08. The details should be coming shortly. I'll cross post all info over here as soon as I get it. I'm going to be helping on the weekend again and I'll take my camera as well.

#10 iowa_paintballer

iowa_paintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

if you need help, just call me. i would willingly help you guyz. my email is on the sheet, jwiedemeierDT69@hotmail.com.

JESUS = WIN

Posted Image

#11 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

All right, Big time info, prices opening date and a pic of the field. We've been working really hard trying to make this a great place to play.

Posted Image

Okay here are some prices and other details.

Entry is going to be $15 with paint remaining the same as our outdoor at $20 per bag and $65 per case. Rental packages for anyone needing that will be the same price also.

We are not going to allow cleats of any type. You can wear turf shoes or tennis shoes. Trust me you don't need anything special because you won't slip on this turf. The turf is some of the best you can buy but bring your pads because it does bite.

We are working day and night to get the field open. Next time you get a chance you might want to thank Dave, Jimmy, Danny, Ed, Cisco, Justin, Cov, Eric and Skyler for all of their hard work.

As I said before we are working hard to open this Friday and made great progress this weekend.

Watch here for more updates. Thanks for everyone's support and understand if it takes a few days to answer everyone. Working the field has been top on my mind.

I'll post more in a couple of days but want to give all of those that are current outdoor field members advance notice. Those memberships will not work indoors. They will continue to be honored at the outdoor field until they expire. We will however be offering new "year round" memberships. Those current members will be able to upgrade to the new memberships at a reduced price. We will have many options from just entry to memberships that will include paint. Again I'll post more details in the next couple of days.

As you can see from the picture that Lottking posted the turf is coming along and the field looks really nice. We are concentrating on field 1 for opening day. Field 1 is 43' wide by 80' long. Well lit, heated and very nice turf. We are going to start with 250 fps at the chrono. Store is coming along well and will be stocked Friday for opening day. Anyone needing something for Christmas send your family our way.

Talk to everyone again in a day or two. __________________
Voted best place to play in Iowa...www.adventureparkpaintball.com

Home of Team Genesis

Best prices on Dye, Tippman, Empire, Proto, Virtue, Bawls, Draxxus, Pinokio Hoppers, Redz and much more.

#12 iowa_paintballer

iowa_paintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

how soon will we learn the location of the new field/store? this is killing me. i cant wait for this to open.

honestly u have to give the location to get ne business.... other wise its gonna take a while for everyone to learn where its gonna b.... im sure not every paintballer in the cedar rapids area has an account on here.... also if we dont know where it is or have no way to contact them then how r we supposed to make reservations?

Edited by iowa_paintballer, 11 December 2008 - 07:17 PM.

JESUS = WIN

Posted Image

#13 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

how soon will we learn the location of the new field/store?

NOW!!!!

The information you have all been waiting for.

Adventure Park Paintball Indoor
1200 16th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids

Phone - 319-261-1016

THIS WEEKENDS HOURS
Friday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - 10:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday - Noon - 5:00pm

We did run in to a slight net issue that we are going to try and resolve in the morning. We will post by 11:00 tomorrow morning whether the issue was resolved or not.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

So far no reservations are needed. If the field gets swamped with customers they will likely implement a reservation system. But as of now, no reservations.

The reason for holding off on the date I hope is understandable. There is still a lot of things to get finished up. We thought for a while tonight that we'd have to postpone until next week because of the net issue. The netting is supposed to be fire retardant and white. They sent the field black netting. Still not sure if it really is fire retardant even though the invoice says it is. A call will be placed first thing in the morning to verify. If it NOT fire retardant, its game off for another week at best.

Edited by Special Ed, 11 December 2008 - 11:23 PM.

#14 iowa_paintballer

iowa_paintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

how soon will we learn the location of the new field/store?

NOW!!!!

The information you have all been waiting for.

1200 16th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids

Phone - 319-261-1016

THIS WEEKENDS HOURS
Friday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - 10:00am - 10:00pm

We did run in to a slight net issue that we are going to try and resolve in the morning. We will post by 11:00 tomorrow morning whether the issue was resolved or not.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

So far no reservations are needed. If the field gets swamped with customers they will likely implement a reservation system. But as of now, no reservations.

The reason for holding off on the date I hope is understandable. There is still a lot of things to get finished up. We thought for a while tonight that we'd have to postpone until next week because of the net issue. The netting is supposed to be fire retardant and white. They sent the field black netting. Still not sure if it really is fire retardant even though the invoice says it is. A call will be placed first thing in the morning to verify. If it NOT fire retardant, its game off for another week at best.

thats right across the street from that pest control place w/ the big ant on a pole right?

JESUS = WIN

Posted Image

#15 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

Sorry this is a little late, I've been running even later.................

Vid from still finishing up on Friday.
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s278.photobuc...aintball/Indoor Construction/MOV04663.flv"></embed>

Posted Image

Posted Image

1200 16th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids

Phone - 319-261-1016

THIS SUNDAY HOURS

Okay here are some prices and other details.

Entry is going to be $15 with paint remaining the same as our outdoor at $20 per bag and $65 per case. Rental packages for anyone needing that will be the same price also.

We are not going to allow cleats of any type. You can wear turf shoes or tennis shoes. Trust me you don't need anything special because you won't slip on this turf. The turf is some of the best you can buy but bring your pads because it does bite.

We want to thank everyone for coming yesterday and making opening day a success. Here are just a few things to watch for in the coming weeks.

Information and pricing on memberships we will have multiple membership levels to offer something for every type of player.

Leagues we are thinking of something for those that maybe played in sand volleyball leagues this summer and need something to do this winter. We feel that these are most likely company teams that aren't tournament players. These will be 3x3 teams running for 6 weeks with payment for a special paint/entry package upfront. We hope to start our first league on Jan 6th.

Team Nights we are starting to gather needs of the local teams and will be having team practice nights. These will most likely be on Wednesday or Thursday. Before anyone goes crazy posting things like $10 entry with BYOP this won't happen. We will however come up with a very nice package for your teams. Watch here for updates on this.

Private Rental call about renting the field for your private events. We can host private events almost any night of the week except Friday and Saturday.

Consignment Program we will be announcing our consignment program for markers very soon. Watch for more on this.

CO2 Fills we hope that by Dec 20th we will be filling CO2 at the indoor field.

Christmas Hours we will be open all day the day after Christmas for spending your Christmas money in our store or trying that new marker out on the field. Watch for more day time playing times during the Christmas break.

Store the store is open every night from 5-8 starting tonight. If we don't have it we can get it in just a few days and for the same price as you can get it online. Please support your local store. Our phone number is 319-261-1016.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing everyone back. For those that missed opening weekend please come and check us out you won't be disappointed.

#16 alpinetraxxx

alpinetraxxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

is this place still up???
DSM BALLA!!!

#17 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

is this place still up???

YES! The Indoor field opened a couple of weeks ago. The store has been running all this time.

Store hours are 5p-7p weekdays and the same as the field
Field hours are 10a-6p on Sat (2 sessions: 10a-2p and 2p-6p) and 12p-5p on Sun. Weekdays by apt. min 8 players.

#18 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

New website is up and running.

http://www.adventureparkpaintball.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users