#1 Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

Soccer World of Rochester, MN

This field is pretty nice to go to in the winter. Its at an indoor soccerfield with artificial turf. I went there twice this winter and both times the refs were helpful and friendly. I believe they have 16 or so inflatable bunkers of various sizes with a huge "rocket ship" in the middle so there's kind of an xball feel to the games. For open play there are at least 10 players showing up each time and the refs may jump in and play with you. Occasionally you might get to play with some members of woodsball or speedball teams so the player skill levels can vary each time you go. The mood the refs set at their field is relaxed and fun. Everyone has a good time.

They have a fleet of at least a dozen Tippmann 98 rentals kept in good condition. I've been to other fields where their rentals were dirty, feednecks too loose, barrels coming unscrewed. None of that. They take care of their rentals and make sure their field is clean. After a few games the ref will use the reball pusher to pick up reballs for a few minutes but it's usually many games with little time inbetween.

Price for admission to their open play is $35. It includes HPA and CO2 fills. Rental guns are Tippmann 98s and a few Spyders, rental masks are V-Force Vantage, and they provide neck and chest protection.

Overall a good place to play in the winter to get your paintball fix.
Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c.../DarkHelmet8809

#2 Gambit13

Gambit13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

Me and 6 of my friends will be heading down there this saturday. 2 of the people coming have never played befor at all. Tell me if your gonna be down there this saturday man.

Also can you use a pod pack or no?

#3 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

And it is ALWAYS reballs?

#4 Gambit13

Gambit13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

ya they always use reballs. After i got done playing there i had a blast i would tell anyone who wants to play reball to check it out!

#5 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

Also can you use a pod pack or no?

Thats what i am trying to figure out. Going out onto the field with one loader of paint....meh.

#6 Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:23 AM

The last time I went the head referee let two sponsored players use pods while the rest of the rentals only had a hopper. There are exceptions but they don't want their reballs to be stolen so they don't like pods on the field.
Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c.../DarkHelmet8809

#7 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

Yea my Rotor doesn't like reballs too much though...Posted Image

#8 Swatforce

Swatforce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:36 PM

The last time I went the head referee let two sponsored players use pods while the rest of the rentals only had a hopper. There are exceptions but they don't want their reballs to be stolen so they don't like pods on the field.

Ok I guess that makes sense. I thought it was something about the rentals being at a disadvantage.

I'll have to check this place out.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users