15 replies to this topic

#1 aitchfourex

aitchfourex

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hello, my cousin is from Australia and he said that you need a license to own a marker. Is this true?
SONATA ARCTICA

#2 Gus!

Gus!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:45 AM

Yes. We need a Class A firearms lisence, GUN SAFE! and dumbass import permits for paintballs, gus, even HOPPERS!
Fuck australian gun laws suck huge jucy... (im not gonna say it)

If your under 18 and pay for all your gear, put this in your sig!

If you can't read my Avatar, It says "Tampering with my paintball Gun may result in an Ass Whipping you'll never forget!

#3 houdini

houdini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:05 AM

Yes. We need a Class A firearms lisence, GUN SAFE! and dumbass import permits for paintballs, gus, even HOPPERS!

Except if you live in Tasmania where it is banned...

At least the marker licensing is better than having nothing - I'm living in Singapore and markers are classed as firearms so we can't own or keep them in the country - luckily they are not so strict with hoppers and tanks.

#4 BRADfromOZ

BRADfromOZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

And now its only gotten worse.

Good Afternoon Mike
As you may be aware, all firearms imported into Australia must meet certain import requirements, which includes safety testing unless otherwise exempt. For goods returning to Australia evidence must be presented in the form of an valid export permit to exempt from safety testing. Whilst there are other options available, the legislation limits us on what we can accept as evidence.
Under Section 1.3 of Part 3 of Schedule 6 of the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 states that:
The safety requirements do not apply to a firearm if the importer of the firearm produces to a Collector, at the time of importation, evidence, in the form of:
(a) a restricted goods permit; or
(b ) an export permit issued by the Department of Defence; that the firearm had previously been exported from Australia by the importer.
As Customs and Border Protection cannot accept any other form of evidence except an RGP or a DEP to exempt a firearm from safety testing, this has meant all returning paintball markers are subject to the safety testing requirements.
We have been advised that RGPs and DEPs should not be issued for paintball markers, or any other article, that is not controlled for export from Australia under the Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations 1958. This advice unfortunately means Customs cannot issue RGPs for paintball markers, and all returning paintball markers are subject to safety testing.
I have raised this issue with the Attorney-General's Department and have copied them into this email for their information. As the Attorney-General's Department is the agency with policy responsibility for this legislation you may also wish to write to them to further articulate the problem and make any suggestions on what you may see as a practical alternative.

I am advised that submissions can be made to the Attorney-General's Department either by email to the firearms@ag.gov.au inbox or by regular mail to the 'Drugs and Firearms Section, Attorney-General's Department, 3-5 National Circuit, Barton ACT 2600.'

So what does this mean?

In layman's terms for the benefit of us simple paintballers... it means that if I was to go to the USA for a combined hunting and paintball trip, and I wanted to take my Tikka T3 308 bolt action centre fire rifle and my Dye NT paintball marker when I came back to Australia with the proper paperwork (B709 and RGP etc) I would be able to walk through customs (after inspection etc) with my high powered rifle (aka REAL GUN), but would have to leave my paintball marker at the airport for a later "SAFETY" inspection? Hopefully I would then get to pick it up to a couple of weeks later after this had been done. Obviously if I have another event to compete in straight after my trip overseas, I will not be able to use my paintball marker because I will not have it.

Get this... real guns are exempt! but paintball guns are not! Posted Image

So to anyone going overseas from this point on (yes this policy change takes place as of now) you will need to leave your gun at the airport for customs to send it away to be safety tested. This means checking for modes etc. If your gun has any modes it will fail the safety test. and this means you will lose your gun for ever. This is very important for everyone to know. As you need to have ramp to play most events overseas.... so you will need to either change your boards before bringing the gun back or reprogram it before you return to our country.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... we are trying to get this fixed...... but we all know how slow government works.....

www.australianpaintball.com

Edited by BRADfromOZ, 11 April 2010 - 05:50 AM.

NT with CF Boomstick, Dye Rotor and Exalt Feedgate
Myth 2 Reg on Luxifer 68/4500

#5 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

And now its only gotten worse.

Good Afternoon Mike
As you may be aware, all firearms imported into Australia must meet certain import requirements, which includes safety testing unless otherwise exempt. For goods returning to Australia evidence must be presented in the form of an valid export permit to exempt from safety testing. Whilst there are other options available, the legislation limits us on what we can accept as evidence.
Under Section 1.3 of Part 3 of Schedule 6 of the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 states that:
The safety requirements do not apply to a firearm if the importer of the firearm produces to a Collector, at the time of importation, evidence, in the form of:
(a) a restricted goods permit; or
(b ) an export permit issued by the Department of Defence; that the firearm had previously been exported from Australia by the importer.
As Customs and Border Protection cannot accept any other form of evidence except an RGP or a DEP to exempt a firearm from safety testing, this has meant all returning paintball markers are subject to the safety testing requirements.
We have been advised that RGPs and DEPs should not be issued for paintball markers, or any other article, that is not controlled for export from Australia under the Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations 1958. This advice unfortunately means Customs cannot issue RGPs for paintball markers, and all returning paintball markers are subject to safety testing.
I have raised this issue with the Attorney-General's Department and have copied them into this email for their information. As the Attorney-General's Department is the agency with policy responsibility for this legislation you may also wish to write to them to further articulate the problem and make any suggestions on what you may see as a practical alternative.

I am advised that submissions can be made to the Attorney-General's Department either by email to the firearms@ag.gov.au inbox or by regular mail to the 'Drugs and Firearms Section, Attorney-General's Department, 3-5 National Circuit, Barton ACT 2600.'

So what does this mean?

In layman's terms for the benefit of us simple paintballers... it means that if I was to go to the USA for a combined hunting and paintball trip, and I wanted to take my Tikka T3 308 bolt action centre fire rifle and my Dye NT paintball marker when I came back to Australia with the proper paperwork (B709 and RGP etc) I would be able to walk through customs (after inspection etc) with my high powered rifle (aka REAL GUN), but would have to leave my paintball marker at the airport for a later "SAFETY" inspection? Hopefully I would then get to pick it up to a couple of weeks later after this had been done. Obviously if I have another event to compete in straight after my trip overseas, I will not be able to use my paintball marker because I will not have it.

Get this... real guns are exempt! but paintball guns are not! Posted Image

So to anyone going overseas from this point on (yes this policy change takes place as of now) you will need to leave your gun at the airport for customs to send it away to be safety tested. This means checking for modes etc. If your gun has any modes it will fail the safety test. and this means you will lose your gun for ever. This is very important for everyone to know. As you need to have ramp to play most events overseas.... so you will need to either change your boards before bringing the gun back or reprogram it before you return to our country.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... we are trying to get this fixed...... but we all know how slow government works.....

www.australianpaintball.com

Damn that sucks big...I made a lot of friends from Australia this past World Cup Asia and a lot them plan to compete in the upcoming PALS legs and WCA as well...now that may all change....
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#6 BRADfromOZ

BRADfromOZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

Damn that sucks big...I made a lot of friends from Australia this past World Cup Asia and a lot them plan to compete in the upcoming PALS legs and WCA as well...now that may all change....

Your telling me. But don't worry there will still be several Aussie teams coming over for WCA again at the end of the year (as we don't have anything locally till Jan) What team did you play for at WCA? I was on SYN.

#7 houdini

houdini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

Your telling me. But don't worry there will still be several Aussie teams coming over for WCA again at the end of the year (as we don't have anything locally till Jan) What team did you play for at WCA? I was on SYN.

Ha I'm a Melbourne boy living in Singapore - run a team called ZOO but we only played D3 at WCA... I play the Malaysian leagues because owning paintball gats in Singapore is illegal... I should move to Malaysia because my paintball life would be much easier lol....

#8 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

[quote name='houdini' date='15 April 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1271306092' post='1172725']
[quote name='BRADfromOZ' date='15 April 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1271302586' post='1172595']
[quote name='OOG671' date='12 April 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1271130277' post='1167661']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was on Team Evolution D2 from Guam....one of the guys from STK was telling me they still haven't receive their markers and it's been over a month!

[quote]
Ha I'm a Melbourne boy living in Singapore - run a team called ZOO but we only played D3 at WCA... I play the Malaysian leagues because owning paintball gats in Singapore is illegal... I should move to Malaysia because my paintball life would be much easier lol....
[/quote]

Yea....Malaysia is like the paintball center of Asia....

Edited by OOG671, 15 April 2010 - 05:05 PM.

#9 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

In Victoria, paintball markers are under a seperate licence classification, the class "P" licence.

Still a pain in the hole though...

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#10 BRADfromOZ

BRADfromOZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

In Victoria, paintball markers are under a seperate licence classification, the class "P" licence.

Still a pain in the hole though...

Yep, but finally we actually have proper licenses instead of that A4 piece of paper we had to carry. To get a license you have to sit a safety course, pass a test and not be a prohibited person (basically your one if you have committed a violent crime, have been in jail or have a restraining order out on you).

Oh and to get a marker you have to apply to the Police to get a Permit to Acquire and may have to do a mountain of paperwork to get a semi-auto marker into the country.

Edited by BRADfromOZ, 16 April 2010 - 12:31 AM.

#11 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

I sold a Geo here on Techpb's BST to a guy in New Zealand. I had to lock the marker in semi and not include the manual so that is will pass customs. That was last year....sounds like that region is getting worse.

#12 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:32 AM

not include the manual?

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#13 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

not include the manual?

The manual will show that the marker can has other modes besides semi. Ramping and Full Auto is a "No No" I guess.

#14 BRADfromOZ

BRADfromOZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

Was chatting to i Kiwi the other day at a local field and said that it's illegal to import fully auto into NZ but it isn't illegal to use it there but some fields don't allow full auto usage.

#15 NZBenji

NZBenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

Was chatting to i Kiwi the other day at a local field and said that it's illegal to import fully auto into NZ but it isn't illegal to use it there but some fields don't allow full auto usage.

Nah mate. Any mode bar semi auto is illegal for both importation of a paintball marker, and the use of those markers with modes is illegal on NZ fields.
Dangerous Power Threshold Black/Red
Macdev 68 4500 tank
VLocity and Dye Rotor

And thousands of paintsness

#16 Bluey

Bluey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

G-Day all, I`m an Australian living in the UK,and have played in quite a few places overseas , I don`t know why all the gat`s have fully auto as you can`t use it in any country unless agreed on the field by everyone ,and I haven`t found one yet, the nearest I`ve found is in the USA where they think skill is having 3 x shot`s per pull they most certainly don`t like UK millennium rules with one shot one pull and ramping is used . everyone should If they are good enough to play in semi only, this would make everyone train that little bit harder to play properly ...WITH SKILL ? Bluey
www.care-bears-uk.com

Edited by Bluey, 07 April 2011 - 07:11 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users