• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Emblem93

Emblem93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

does anyone know if they will make a SL in 2010? Just wondering?

#2 tippmannr

tippmannr

Ronald McDonald FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

I would have thought so, but they they haven't even announced on to the public yet...

Gewn Owners V4

MY FEEDBACK

Those charges are bullshit and you know it. How was I supposed to know he was 9?

My Photo Bucket

#3 TXStorm

TXStorm

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

Sl's usually come out in spring, so if there is going to be an sl expect news to come in February-March.

Elite Gun Owners Planet Eclipse Gun owners Pump Players Clan The Marqs Men Techpb Soccer club Muppets Club Central Texas Ballers Club

#4 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

Sl's usually come out in spring, so if there is going to be an sl expect news to come in February-March.

yea, if they do come out with one it would be in the spring and u should hear about it in febuary or march.

#5 trainerKEN

trainerKEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

yeah, usually around April actually. But, there ARE rumors that PE may limit the SL releases to every OTHER year. Though if that was true, who knows when they'll start that. There's also another rumor that they'll stop releasing Ego's with the year attached to it (for example Ego 8, Ego 9, Ego 10 etc etc...).

There was a video of Jack Wood with Mike, when he was talking about the inserts for the Cure 3 Plus.... I think I remember him using the term "...IF and when the next SL is released". It totally caught my attention (the "IF" part).
My gats:
Granite Stealth SL94 with Black swapped parts
Black and Gold Geo GR2/GST/SL2 Barrel Kit
Disruptive Barrels

#6 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Theres a possibility that there will be no SL10.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#7 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

Spring time :tup:
Wait till March-April and you'll proably here something about it sooner or later.

#8 ClockWork

ClockWork

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

well there are rumours that they will be alternating with a new geo and a new ego every year, so they might not do a SL 2k10 since they might be working on a new geo
Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10 Powered By:
Valken Paintball
Underground Prouctz
Ultimate Paintball Outdoor Facility
UNEEK Apparel

#9 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

spring time but like tohers same maby not cause they will make a new Geo or alternate years
Posted Image

#10 PFCAngeloUSMC

PFCAngeloUSMC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

I'm glad Planet has finally caught up with MacDev in realizing that a new marker revision every year is bad business, since most people realize the extra cash you throw down for next years model is sometimes not worth the increase over what the previous year will cost you.

#11 trainerKEN

trainerKEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:42 AM

I think the problem with releasing a new model/marker every year... causes the used market to be flooded with used Egos. I mean, every time a new Ego or SL is released... some people that had the last year's model scrambles to sell them so it can fund for the new one. So what happens is... used markers become rather attractive to those who can't afford $1250-$1800. Yes, PE would still make money off those who CAN afford new markers, but it's NO comparison to the sea of used markers. And every one of those that are resold, PE makes $0.
My gats:
Granite Stealth SL94 with Black swapped parts
Black and Gold Geo GR2/GST/SL2 Barrel Kit
Disruptive Barrels

#12 ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:52 AM

and it's not like PE cranks out the SL's like it does with the EGO. there's a lot of milling and extras that go into the SL line. Still people will plop down the money for the SL's no question there
Why do I play paintball??? Cause I can legally shoot at people all day!
Black Etek, Star Frame w/ 06 Ego Board, Zick Kit, Virtue Laser Eyes,Olive CCU Kit, Camo SL Barrel Blue Nightkast Autococker, ANS Front Block, Worr Slide Frame, ANS Gen 2 Reg, SP Freak Barrel Black STO Autococker Pump, CP Reg, Empire ASA, Deadly Winds CF Barrel w/ Freak inserts

#13 shootemup199

shootemup199

YANKEES SUCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

they should call it the SLx (sl ten if someone didnt know)
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
JERSEY,PANTS,PACK,FST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users