11 replies to this topic

#1 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

Im just clarifying you take someone paypal email ( i call it email )

And gift the money to them right?

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#2 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

Technically you should be paying under "Goods", this will in turn charge them the PayPal seller's fee and allow your shipping info to be sent to them with the payment notification. I'll explain why people choose the "gift" option, the pros and cons.

People use the gift option as a FAVOUR to someone they know usually, by choosing gift they will not be charged a seller's fee and you will only be charged I believe 1% or .1% of the amount yourself. This will save the other person money and cost you only pennies, naturally since it's being given as a "gift" your shipping info will not be sent.

Now here is where the important part comes in, if you are sending money as a "gift" to someone you are buying from you've just given them 100% PROTECTION TO SCAM YOU. By sending the money as a gift you have just said "I have given this money to this person as a gift and I am entitled to NOTHING in return.

So, if you are paying for an item and sending the money as a gift if you are scammed there is ASBOLUTELY NOTHING you can do to recover your funds. The police will laugh you out of the station if you want to file a report, PayPal will not assist you in anyway because you have declared it was a gift and we will be able to do nothing to help you, sure we can look at the deal and issue a ban, but that's it that's all, your money is GONE.

I would never, ever recommend paying someone under the "gift" option, ever. I have done it yes but only to those I trust which is a short list. I paid money to oringmonkey as a gift because he had done me a favour and is a stellar guy, I believe I may have paid Kevin (Brass Eagle Kevin) as a gift because he's a good guy and I trust him. However for you guys don't pay anyone as a gift, just don't it's not worth it. If someone asks respectfully decline, if they REALLY push the issue report them because that may be a sign you're dealing with a scammer.

Edited by -ORaNGe-, 23 January 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#3 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

my first pinned post!

So how would you send the money to the person?
Services?
and im dealing with Tum_15 and he is in the players club and i trust him, so would i gift it?

EDIT: i read more and saw its under "Goods"

Thanks orange!

Edited by BEASTY, 23 January 2010 - 03:53 PM.

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

#4 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

Yeah you'd send as goods, honestly to be safe you should never, ever send money as a gift, ever.

#5 x454x

x454x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

Orange you are my hero man

Edited by Dna, 21 February 2010 - 03:23 AM.

#6 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

If i make a new paypal account can i use it right away or do i have to wait for it to verify?

#7 Fupa562

Fupa562

"Hail to the King of Fupas"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

you have to link a bank account if you are buying something and then paypal will make a deposit in that bank account (a couple cents) they will send 2 and once you recieve them on your bank statement you would but them in the 2 boxes where it says verify account

#8 notjustapaintballer

notjustapaintballer

'balloholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

Are you technically supposed to be 18 to make a paypal account?

#9 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

Anyone 13 years or older can have one—they just need their parent to open an account for them

#10 MikeeVinzee

MikeeVinzee

F.Y.B.I.P.P.B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

wait im confused. for example i want to buy this marker for $400 at techpb bst or pbnation. how would i pay for it with paypal. also what would happen if its a scam??
Gun Setup: Proto M8, Infinity Legend, Ninja 68/45, Pinokio/Rotor
Pump Setup: WGP 2k3 ccm'd
, Ninja 68/45, Primo/SportShot
Youtube Channel: MikeePB1

#11 maxt_63

maxt_63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Super old thread but do I select "I'm paying for goods and services" thats on the send money tab right?

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users