• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Person23423

Person23423

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

This was from a while back. But I figure I should share this with you guys given the "Milsim Idiot" thread and how certain paintballers are ridiculing DeepCover (the guy in the video) for his antics in the video. I personally think he behaved accordingly, especially in the presence of the officers. If you think that DeepCover is an idiot, you should see what some morons are doing in Europe. The following quotation is from a forum I frequent call BT-Warrior, in which a Czech baller username Hellboy made a thread about how they play milsim paintball in Europe.

I hope this entry will put what DeepCover (the guy in the video) did in perspective.

I want you to pay particular attention to point 3.

Hello guys,
I am from Czech Republic and wanted to give you some overview of how we play here, because our MILSIM or MILITARY PAINTBALL as we call it, is very different from what you guys do in US. I would like to hear your opinion about it or to know, if anyone is doing something similiar in US/Canada.

We call it MILITARY PAINTBALL because we try to get as close to actual conflict experience as possible. So we have very different rulez than usual commercial scenario big games. Here is just small part of rules that we use for our games:

1. We use only small loaders for 50 balls or less to force players to reload their guns as real soldiers have to. This changes the approach to the game BIG WAY. Campers with full auto 200+ loaders are out of the game. On some games there is even limit for the ammo you can carry with you into a game/per life and it could be as strict as 150 balls for whole day! Cyclone or RipClip with 50 rounds tac cap or Milsig/RAP4 bottom fed guns is usual setup of most players.
2. Hit is a hit even without a break - fair play needed, but mostly there are no problems with that.
3. We do not limit fps (mostly). Higher fps means higher distance without the need for apex, or hammerhead. 16J kinetic energy is legal in our country, which is equivalent for around 340fps. Lots of people use only goggles withou the face plates.
4. If you wear helmet, or actual bulletproof vest, you are not killed by the shots in it, but rather stunned for some time
5. We use medics that can heal hits to legs, or hands.
6. Hit to a weapon destroys it and you must use pistol if you have it.
7. On big games with 100+ people, that last for a day or even more, we use respawn system. Each side has respawn point on opposite side of the playground, you have to return there and after some time (sometimes longer than hour) you can return, or you are driven to new position on the battlefield.
8. We use pyrotechnics to simulate grenades - small flashbang kills everyone in some range without the need to actually hit anyone with any paint.
9. No speedball guns and no people in speedball clothing allowed.

There are several abandoned russian bases and similiar locations in our country, so our games take place in really interesting STALKER like enviroments than are really huge - 2x2 miles is no problem. Our biggest games are 2 days long with 250+ people, that must totally obey their commanders. We use military radios for communications, pyrotechnics, armored vehicles and such things.

Overall, our games are very different from usual US milsim scenario games, much closer to reality I would say, much more adrenaline packed. There are some pictures from our games for you, with links to complete galleries on our community web.

I would be glad to hear what you think about it Posted Image

http://bt.warrior-on...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Person23423, 25 January 2010 - 12:19 AM.

I am going to write a book on the terrible time I have at my old field where I don't work anymore.

Feedback

Click here to help a poor guy who wasted his money buying stupid shi* guns.

#2 Darksyde

Darksyde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

From what I saw I didn't have any issues with the situation. He was calm and let the officers do their job. From what audio there is it doesn't sound like they charged him or anything and weren't overly rough. It is something to keep in mind when you have a paintball gun that looks like a gun. From far away you really can't tell the barrel is way over-sized.
Posted Image

#3 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

I don't really see the big deal. You might get some nasty bruises, but the world isn't going to end if you get hit with a shot at 340 FPS. They are also likley wearing some pretty heavy padding due to the simulation part. Keep in mind, their style of play is likley to keep players at a MUCH greater distance than normal games. The only issue I could see is the exposed mask part. Again, I could see a lot of pain or even scarring coming from that kind of play, but I don't see it as THAT stupid. You could almost see it as equivalent to a "smite" from acedemic fencing, in a weird nerdy kind of way. Most importantly, everyone agrees to the "rules" beforehand, and know the possible consequences. It's not even remotely comparable to the actions of Mr. "Lol, let's walk around in full Milsim equipment in public, nothing could possibly go wrong". At least he didn't upload it on Youtube. Oh, wait...

#4 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

Herp Derp Boston Bawllah Derp Herp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

haha he handled this situation perfectly fine...uploading it to youtube didnt change anything since they couldnt do anything to him...
i assume he wasnt harassing people...but it proly wasnt the best of ideas tryin to do it alone...

and the games forementioned dont really sound stupid at all...its just a different play type...
as paintballers we find certain parts of paintball as necessities like a full mask and chrono at sub 300 FPS
but its not all that strange for them to be playin like that...everything on the list seems logical even though i dont agree with it

i assume they allow techniques paintballers arnt...proly like blindfire...

haha speakin of high velocites i put a spyder e-spirt spring in my AKP to fix the farting but when i brough it out to the field it was shooting at 470...cuz im a beast
no wonder dry firing with a squeege hurt my hand so much...

Posted Image

Setup:Etek 3 LT,68/45 ninja,rotor,dye i4
~.:Team KaSL:.~
Field: Boston Paintball Indoor
Xbox live Gamertag: PeterxEast

#5 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

that whole thing sounds like there playing airsoft with the paintball ammo you can get witch is bad for airsoft guns

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#6 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

Wow. Point 3 is actually quite bad. I can't imagine how many players have been hit and never played paintball again. And 8... Flashbangs? Real flashbangs? Those things mess you up.

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#7 Cl9uD

Cl9uD

Champ!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

that sounds crazy fun! i would totaly do some thing like that
Posted Image

My Feedback

If you ever have a question about some thing i have posted feel free to message me.

#8 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Different country, they play by their rules.

I bet any new player worried about getting shot wouldn't be playing a hardcore milsim game and would wear full face protection if they were concerned about safety.

Edited by JJ GBR, 25 January 2010 - 01:36 PM.

#9 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

Wow. Point 3 is actually quite bad. I can't imagine how many players have been hit and never played paintball again. And 8... Flashbangs? Real flashbangs? Those things mess you up.

There like a group of people. Its not like its a public field (I don't think) I don't think there will be any 'newer' players playing that style of paintball as these people seem to be kind of like a pack. I don't know if that made any sense, but yeah.

Edit: What JJ said.

Edited by Đάłŧŏŋ, 25 January 2010 - 01:39 PM.

#10 HeyHeyHey

HeyHeyHey

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

Why cant we just get rid of milsim? I love scenarios/woodsball but what is the point in having a marker look like a firearm? If we could just get rid of milsim markers we wouldn't have to deal with everyone saying we're attached to military training. If you want to play army man, join the military or play airsoft.
Everything you need to play, QUITTING SALE!

http://www.techpb.co...0

#11 *Andrew*

*Andrew*

gucci burr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

They say they actually wear REAL bulletproof vests...
I dont think a paintball would hurt at all coming at 340 FPS
Those vests are designed to stop a bullet round going at 2000 FPS.
And there i dont think they have little 13 year old kids with ions and decked out in proto gear.
Whatever that the Chzech Republic, they can do whatever they want.

#12 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

Why cant we just get rid of milsim? I love scenarios/woodsball but what is the point in having a marker look like a firearm? If we could just get rid of milsim markers we wouldn't have to deal with everyone saying we're attached to military training. If you want to play army man, join the military or play airsoft.

Why dont we get rid of speedball? While where at it, why not hyperball. People have their own opinions, and are entitled to it. Also, we are attached to military traning. Many soldiers use mil-sim paintball markers for traning and its actually a good idea.

#13 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

diffrent country diffrent style this sounds intence i wouldent play though
Posted Image

#14 HeyHeyHey

HeyHeyHey

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

Why dont we get rid of speedball? While where at it, why not hyperball. People have their own opinions, and are entitled to it. Also, we are attached to military traning. Many soldiers use mil-sim paintball markers for traning and its actually a good idea.

Except I'm not talking about getting rid of a style of play (scenario/woodsball) I'm talking about getting rid of milsim markers. They just press the view that paintball is "simulated killing". Oh, and the Canadian military uses lasers not paintball.
Everything you need to play, QUITTING SALE!

http://www.techpb.co...0

#15 Đάłŧŏ&#

Đάłŧŏ&#

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Except I'm not talking about getting rid of a style of play (scenario/woodsball) I'm talking about getting rid of milsim markers. They just press the view that paintball is "simulated killing". Oh, and the Canadian military uses lasers not paintball.

No matter what, people will do what they want to do even if it's against the law. And I wasnt talking about the Canadian Army nessicarily. I was just talking about soldiers in general.

#16 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

people who think that are very closed minded and judgemental. getting rid of milsim markers wont change their minds, im sure the only way to change the minds of people like that would be to hug opposing players instead of shooting each other with paint..... witch would be a little odd.
Posted Image
Ion Owners Group #1 ETEK OWNERS GROUP #17

#17 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

Many forms of paintball ARE simulated killing. Why should you're opinion dictate how people want to play? I could just as easily say something like "if you want to play capture the flag, become a gym teacher". Or, "if you want to play with space guns with unlimited ROF and ammo, go play laser tag".

#18 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

Herp Derp Boston Bawllah Derp Herp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

people who think that are very closed minded and judgemental. getting rid of milsim markers wont change their minds, im sure the only way to change the minds of people like that would be to hug opposing players instead of shooting each other with paint..... witch would be a little odd.

haha then we would become pro wrestlers (zing)

Posted Image

Setup:Etek 3 LT,68/45 ninja,rotor,dye i4
~.:Team KaSL:.~
Field: Boston Paintball Indoor
Xbox live Gamertag: PeterxEast

#19 NoShaDow36

NoShaDow36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

I don't really see the big deal. You might get some nasty bruises, but the world isn't going to end if you get hit with a shot at 340 FPS. They are also likley wearing some pretty heavy padding due to the simulation part. Keep in mind, their style of play is likley to keep players at a MUCH greater distance than normal games. The only issue I could see is the exposed mask part. Again, I could see a lot of pain or even scarring coming from that kind of play, but I don't see it as THAT stupid. You could almost see it as equivalent to a "smite" from acedemic fencing, in a weird nerdy kind of way. Most importantly, everyone agrees to the "rules" beforehand, and know the possible consequences. It's not even remotely comparable to the actions of Mr. "Lol, let's walk around in full Milsim equipment in public, nothing could possibly go wrong". At least he didn't upload it on Youtube. Oh, wait...

Could you imagine being hit in the chin or mouth at 340fps 40-60fps higher than most fields allow if you were point blank you would get fucked up man. even like 30-50 feet away you would be fucked if hit in the mouth that is a ridiculous jump if you think about it. It's about from 280fps=190.9mph-300fps=204.5mph to 340fps=231.8mph it is 30-40MPH HIGHER

Edited by NoShaDow36, 25 January 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#20 steez

steez

come at me, bro.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Well, at zije Ceska Republika.

Posted Image
Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you.

#21 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Could you imagine being hit in the chin or mouth at 340fps 40-60fps higher than most fields allow if you were point blank you would get fucked up man. even like 30-50 feet away you would be fucked if hit in the mouth that is a ridiculous jump if you think about it. It's about from 280fps=190.9mph-300fps=204.5mph to 340fps=231.8mph it is 30-40MPH HIGHER

I can't see a situation in that type of play where you would ever get hit with 340 FPS. That would require them to literally stick their barrel on your chin and shoot you point blank. I'm not even talking bunkering range, I'm talking literally sticking his barrel pretty much in your mouth. The faster a projectile is moving, the more wind resistance it has, and the faster it slows down. It's obviously not going to be pleasant, but the worst I could see happening is loosing a few teeth.

It doesn't surprise me that people freak out about something like this, as they are drilled into accepting the US regulations basically as holy law. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but realistically speaking, I'd still place a sport like football way above this style of paintball as far as risk factor goes. It's difficult to accept, but some people really don't care if they get fucked up, and to some, that's basically the point. For better examples of this, Google "mensur". It's basically fencing with sharpened swords and no helmet protection. Moving, dodging, or ducking is not allowed. No matter how many times you hit your opponent, you can never win.

Posted Image

Edited by Christopher, 25 January 2010 - 06:29 PM.

#22 badger nine

badger nine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

^^^Holy SHIT! Those people are crazy!

Anyways, the only real reason I wouldnt play with those people is because of the mask safety, but I can wear a mask so I'd be fine with getting a 340 hit as long as it isnt bunker range. And the "no speedball apparel" thats all I have, so I wouldnt be able to play unless I dropped maby at least $350 on some new gear.
"In life, fuck whatevery one else says, screw what they think, and do what makes you happy." - Mike

Posted Image

#23 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

yeah, its fine to shoot at a paintball masks lense at 340fps, who cares if it shatters and the person is blinded...

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#24 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

yeah, its fine to shoot at a paintball masks lense at 340fps, who cares if it shatters and the person is blinded...

Masks can hold well beyond 340 FPS... And they would never shatter. The most likely way a mask will fail is the lens popping out of the mask frame.

#25 bigBUBBA

bigBUBBA

I sell apples and apple accessories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

haha then we would become pro wrestlers (zing)

you sir, have just been quoted for truth and you have been made my new sig quote

Edited by bigBUBBA, 25 January 2010 - 10:50 PM.

Maybe start a Occupy Windhelm movement. Start piling up items outside the doors of the house. Those Occupy movements totally changed how banking and society interact so I'm sure it will work for you.

Posted Image

#26 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

Theres some real hardcore Airsoft games happen, i mean hectacres of land being used, all private of course, helicopters, games of 1000+ people playing in a day, and it will go on for weeks. The people who organize it spend like a whole year doing it for 2-3 weeks of play, They will air lift you to a lz from base in heli's, 2-3 at a time full of troops, they will send out scouts/snipers in full out guillie suits to make sure its a safe spot to land. they wont even wear face protection but glasses for eye protection.
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#27 minikmak

minikmak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

file:///C:/Users/Kmak/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.pngfile:///C:/Users/Kmak/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.pnghttp://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs269.snc1/9623_1210953603006_1503730670_572438_3786370_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.f...8_4792409_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.f...5_3480654_n.jpg

some pictures of the military paintball

Edited by minikmak, 04 April 2010 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image - join grassroots

#28 darksideshooters

darksideshooters

Oldman Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

I would play this and think nothing of it. In the old days most of us did not even know what a chrono was and as for goggles only well that is where the sport started while using oil based vinyl skinned balls that had no problem drawing blood. I do not think a 11% increase in velocity adds that much risk in a non speedball enviroment. All safety masks are made to withstand much more than 300fps. And hardcore milsim is a choice if you do not like it don't play. Most of those milsim players think as little of speedball as speedballers think of milsim, but you will never hear them say that electro markers and superloaders should be banned they just choose not to buy them so speedballers should have the same respect for others.
Posted Image
BST Feedback +3/-0

#29 Cody_21

Cody_21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

sounds cool except for 3 (only goggles? WTF) & 9 (everything I own is speedball stuff)

R.I.P. All American Paintball Park

Rock her with the SH((O))CKER!!!!

Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex

IIPA ThunderII

#30 Daverson

Daverson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

"No limit" may sound a bit extreme, but unless you do some serious tinkering (ie, messing with regulators, setting bits on fire etc.), most markers can't shoot above a (relatively) safe speed.

Still, It's better than what the Germans are doing at least...

Edited by Daverson, 08 April 2010 - 07:27 PM.

#31 bombadee

bombadee

super dude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Thats pretty cool, when I go back to Europe, I should try this out.
pssssss.....BOOOM!!!!

#32 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

necro'd!!!!!!

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#33 RickT

RickT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

I do not know about the hose velocity and the mask thing.

but the speedball restriction is good.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users