• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 curling beast

curling beast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

I have a 68ci/3000psi pure energy and need to get more shots.... there is no other way around it. I was thinking about getting 2 more of the same size tank because they are only $50 or if I should get a real big tank for around $150. Im really unsure, any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

Adam

#2 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

id go for the Ninja 68/45 tank off my G3 i get almost 8 pods completly stock and there the best bang for u buck since it can go from HP to LP and Ray is the best person in customer service its about 150 i think a little less
Posted Image

#3 Pballa78

Pballa78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

The only way to get more shots out of a tank is to use a different gun or get a bigger tank. Tanks of the same size should get the same amount of shots out of them if they are both filled the same and used on the same gun. What im saying is that the brand doesn't matter...
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong ;)
If you need more shots per tank out of your gun then go with a 4500 psi tank and go for volume. 72 to 90 cubic inches should do ya just fine.
Red Bob Long Vice, 4C laser eyes, Rendition magnet trigger kit, Bob Long gear drive on/off asa.
Feedback +1/0

Posted Image

#4 Pontiac455

Pontiac455

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:07 AM

If you want more shots per fill, you definitely want to get a carbon fiber tank that is 4500 psi, the increase in psi will give you more shots. Now in determining which size tank, whether it be 45, 68, 70 or whatever else, you really need to take into consideration what type of player you are. If you want your setup to be light and agile then a 45 is great and depending on how efficient your gun is you will probably get anywhere from 600 to 1000 shots. I'm more of a player who likes to sit back and make calculated moves so I don't need to be as fast and agile, so I've got a 68/45 stubby from Ninja Paintball.

#5 curling beast

curling beast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

Great, thanks guys. Right now I have a torn meniscus from the football season so im thinking a 70 or 90ci will keep me from running around too much. But we'll see thanks!

#6 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

Larger tank, or higher pressure. Or larger and higher pressure. Everything being equal between a 68/3000 and a 68/4500 tank, you are going to get 50% more in your number of shots from the 4500 tank. I have a 118/3000 tank that I am selling, and that tank should actually get more shots from a full fill (Easier to always get) than a 68/4500 tank (Which might be difficult to get a full 4500 fill).

#7 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

A 70/4500 will give you alot more shots than your tank right now, and it is not so bulky as a 90/4500.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#8 curling beast

curling beast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

Thanks guys, This past week I bought a new 88/4500 Crossfire Carbon Fiber, I really like it so far and its SUPER light! Thanks for the responses!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users