5998 replies to this topic

#5351 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Then this thread is going to be a ghost town until after the 22nd. Also, I have to say that I'm very disappointed with the both of you. This thread is the only reason I visit this forum anymore, so I guess I won't be here for a while.

Edited by Corrupted355, 07 January 2013 - 06:37 PM.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
my markers

#5352 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

yup, gonna be a ghost town in here till the end of the month... this thread is one of the few reasons i venture out of the chat room...

on another note... once my mossberg 500 project is done i am going to work on a .308 scout rifle... short barrel, magazine fed, mauser claw ectractor action... 3-9x optic... something light and tight for 0-500m shots and brush shooting
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#5353 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

once my mossberg 500 project is done i am going to work on a .308 scout rifle... short barrel, magazine fed, mauser claw ectractor action... 3-9x optic... something light and tight for 0-500m shots and brush shooting

You, my friend, sound like the perfect owner for a Ruger M77 Gunsite-Scout rifle. 16" with a muzzle-brake, mag fed 3/5/10, mauser action, iron sights. Long-relief scope or red-dot on the pic rail, or install rings for a std. rifle scope.

Edit: hopped on Ruger's website, and much to my surprise two new handguns caught my attention.

#1 SR45. Now, I have a love the SR9 9mm. So much that I e-mailed Ruger asking if they had any plans to make the handgun in a .45acp because I loved the handgun so much and loved the .45 so much. I was basically told that no, they aren't working to develop a .45, and if I wanted a .45 auto from then I should look at the P90. I e-mailed the CEO suggesting an SR45.
I still wanted a polymer .45, and was leaning heavily towards an M&P. So OMG an SR45! I'm so buying one. At the same time, where's my check? Surely I planted a seed...

#2 SR1911 Commander length!
I was planning on carrying my full-size SR1911 once Illinois goes CCW this summer, but I may need to opt into this one now.

Anyways...
Speaking of Mossberg, I just got a Tac-Star side-saddle for my 590A1.

I like the fact that chamber+magazine+saddle I can hold 15 shells, but it seems like it really holds the shells tight.

It's good and bad. Good because they won't get rattled out from recoil/operation/man-handling, but I can't seem to get them off the saddle and into the shotgun quickly. I kind of have to push them down from the top to get more purchase on the brass, then really yank 'em.

I have some high-brass buck sitting in it right now in an effort to break it in. I hope it helps.

Then this thread is going to be a ghost town until after the 22nd. Also, I have to say that I'm very disappointed with the both of you. This thread is the only reason I visit this forum anymore, so I guess I won't be here for a while.

Probably for a while afterward as well, until the fallout clears up.

I am a bit disappointed as well. Although an assault-weapons-ban is technically a political topic, I feel much like OEF in that we are talking the effects and details of the proposed law rather than focusing on the politicians and pro/anti-gun lobbyists.

It's like, say paintball markers were accepted legally as being firearms and now required licensed purchase or say the terms of the AWB stretched into "mimics" and affected Tippmanns/BTs/etc.
Would this forum not be allowed to talk about said instance because it narrowly falls into the realm of "politics"?
I'd think people would be all over that...

But again, I says rules are rules. If they wish it be kept under our hats then capped I shall remain.

Edited by Watcher, 08 January 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5354 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

i see the benefit of haveing a side saddle shell holder on the gun, that way if you have to grab and goe you have some ammo there.... but, i have the awkwardness of it... the more i use my shotty the more i think i may be a complete convert... i've been looking up high end shotguns and am really liking the benelli m3 convertable... only thing i dislike about it is the its an inertia driven semi auto instead of the dual gas piston of the m4... i really like the m4... but i like how the m3 can be switched form pump to semi... as far as the mossberg goes... i am going to replace the factory stock with an adjustable pistol grip stock... replace the barrel with a heavy walled mil spec barrel... add a heat shield and install the ghost ring sights i already bought for it...

i will need a second tac vest for holding shot shells... and i need to start stockpiling all kinds of shot shells from sand/disrupter rounds, to quadrangle buck shot to flechettes... i know, it sounds crazy... but a shot gun the single most versatile weapon on the market...

also, what is the difference between the 500 590a1 other then the milspec parts? dont they both use the same alloy receiver?

Edited by OEFVeteran, 08 January 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#5355 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

i see the benefit of haveing a side saddle shell holder on the gun, that way if you have to grab and goe you have some ammo there.... but, i have the awkwardness of it... the more i use my shotty the more i think i may be a complete convert...
as far as the mossberg goes... i am going to replace the factory stock with an adjustable pistol grip stock... replace the barrel with a heavy walled mil spec barrel... add a heat shield and install the ghost ring sights i already bought for it...

i will need a second tac vest for holding shot shells... and i need to start stockpiling all kinds of shot shells from sand/disrupter rounds, to quadrangle buck shot to flechettes... i know, it sounds crazy... but a shot gun the single most versatile weapon on the market...

also, what is the difference between the 500 590a1 other then the milspec parts? dont they both use the same alloy receiver?

I don't think it is awkward at all, makes the gun a bit heaver and lean to one side a tad but it is very negligible IMHO. The speed of reload (as long as I can get the shells out!) is great from the saddle!

You better get us some pics of the final product! I don't think I'd ever put sites on mine, I like the bead up front and if I ever need to use slugs I am confident with the bead on a man sized target at 100. If I plan on needing more range than that I'll take a rifle...
I might pull the bead off and polish it to it's natural brass or paint it white, though, the blackened finish is kinda hard to spot in a hurry. I love how the heat shield looks, I might do that but I don't think it'd be necessary for me for performance. I don't think I'd do the CAR stock either, I like the std stock. Might go for the speed-feed stock so I can carry another 4 shells on gun, though.

Oh yeah! From starting fires to firing 70 cal projectiles to a couple hundred yards away with minute of man accuracy you can't beat a 12gauge! Search on YouTube for TaoFlederMaus's videos about crazy and improvised shotgun loads. Spent .22 casings, candy, airsoft BBs, batteries, silly-putty, thumbtacks, cut up coat hangers, nuts/bolts/washers/misc hardware, coins, you name it! As long as you have powder, primers, a reloading tool, empties, and random crap you can make a lethal shotgun load!
Plus there's always the wax-slug and cut-shell trick.
Most versatile firearm in existence? You bet your ass!

The way I always understood it the benefits of the 590 over the 500 is milspec internals, heavy barrel, different barrel retention system so the barrel band and mag plug functions as a bayonet mounting system, and the magazine also allows an extra shell over the 500s of comparable barrel size. IIRC the 20" 500 holds 7+1 while the 20" 590 holds 8+1.
The stocks, forends, and receivers are identical.
Also, the 590A1 differs from the normal 590 by having a metal safety switch and metal trigger-group instead of the plastic ones in the 500/590.

When I was getting my 12 gauge, I knew I didn't want a Remington, and I knew I was going to go big or go home.
I eventually went home, but not before I went big B)

Side note, Mossberg's current website blows! Their old layout gave you a lot more information...

Edited by Watcher, 08 January 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Tippmann Tech

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5356 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Okay so ?
apparently i either did or forgot to do something to my ar
I can not rack the side at all without putting the but of the gun to the ground and using both hands to force it open,
after inspection it seems that the bolt head is not rotating back to line up so that it can be racked.

My ? is why is this happening?

Did if forget to lube it or not do it right (guessing this as I never break it down very far)
or is this just a simple replacement part fix?

#5357 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

First post in here...
I like shooting, own some guns.

I have a marlin 336, 30-30 made before remington destroyed marlin's quality. My favorite gun I own.
Remington 597, it was cheap, and it's pretty good for plinking.
Marlin 1895 guide gun
remington .35 pump
ruger blackhawk .41 mag
.22 colt peacemaker
NE arms pardner 20 guage
Savage arms 12 guage
remington nylon 66

I'm also looking at getting a FNP .45.

#5358 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Okay so ?
I can not rack the side at all without putting the but of the gun to the ground and using both hands to force it open,
after inspection it seems that the bolt head is not rotating back to line up so that it can be racked.

Did if forget to lube it or not do it right (guessing this as I never break it down very far)

Sounds like you didn't assemble it correctly.

Hopefully this thread picks back up soon, about the only place to have an intelligent conversation on this forum without the over zealous mods freaking out.

#5359 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Okay so ?

did you put your bolt into the carrier backwards? i've seen people put it in that way and have had to force the cam pin in... on bolts that are worn you can force the cam pin in that way, and that wlll cause the BCG to seize up... also, check that there isnt anything in the buffer tube other then the buffer assembly and spring... i've also seen people someone leave cleaning supplies in there (cleaning rod)... break the rifle down again, re-check the chamber, make sure all the lugs are present and in tact, and that the star chamber is clear and intact... make sure your extractor is installed properly... and that your gas tube/gas key isnt damaged... if you notice that the bolt carrier is rattling around int he upper, then it might be too worn...

Okay so ?

Sounds like you didn't assemble it correctly.

Hopefully this thread picks back up soon, about the only place to have an intelligent conversation on this forum without the over zealous mods freaking out.

this thread is looked down upon given the topic of it and whats going on in the country right now... and since most people on here cant be trusted to have a civilized conversation without starting an absolute flame war, those of us that can hold a rational conversation have to pay the price...

just make sure all of you stay within the rules, as i woudl hate tohave to close this thread down till after the 22nd...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5360 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Does anyone know where (if its possible) to get a Elcan C79
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5361 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Does anyone know where (if its possible) to get a Elcan C79

Im not sure about availability in Canada, but a quick google search turned up a bunch of results for me. I cant imagine it would be too hard seeing how its for the canadian military. Eh but what do I know anyway.

#5362 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

the c79 is the fixed power magnified optic right? i know the SpecterDR runs over 2 grand and they can be hard to find online... Elcan is more of a military supplier then a civilain supplier... i've used their fixed power magnified optic on an M240 and M4 before, and honestly, i hated it... the SpecterDr is nice, but the fixed power optic kinda sucked...

Posted Image

thats the m145 MGO... i know the canadian military was issuing them out in ILO the ACOG that the US Military issues out... i honestly hated that optic on the M240... and the reticule was way to small on the M4....

Posted Image

this is the SpecterDR, or Dual Role... its a 1x or 4x optic, that changed at the flip of a lever... it doesnt work like a red dot, its a true 1x scope, not a reflex sight... but, they work amazingly well and most of the SF guys i worked with in afghanistan swore by them...

http://ustacticalsup...lcanoptics.aspx

if you can find a retailer in canada then you will be able to get one... but you wont be able to order one from the states because its a highly regulated item... and not able to be exported... hell, i tried ordering a SpecterDR while i was deployed in afghanistan and i wasnt able to get one

Edited by OEFVeteran, 15 January 2013 - 06:11 AM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5363 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

I would like to build a AR up like the C7 or C8 rifles Ive found stores that have the Specter DR but not the C79 thanks for the help
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5364 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

I had to look that up. I've never heard of that optic before.
my markers

#5365 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

everything is assembled correctly what seems to be the problem it that the bolt face wil not rotate properly to get back out past the star once it is in

#5366 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

sounds like a lug problem.... take pictures of the bolt face and star chamber for me and post them here

also, how are your gas rings? they could be the culprit

Edited by OEFVeteran, 15 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5367 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

My next guess was the gas rings.

#5368 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Any hardcore 10/22 lovers in here? I finally had a few of my magazine orders show up. Excited to see how these Battldyne and HC3R 10/22 mags run. Still waiting on my BX25 backorders. Thankfully I already have a few.

All this crap is really putting a pinch on my getting back into paintball equipment search BTW. All the funds I was going to put into some nice gear for the spring is going into firearms goodies.

#5369 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

i've got a new project cocker to work on for the winter so my 500 build is being delayed...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5370 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

I've been wanting to buy a new CCM T2 since I got rid of the thing over a year ago...

Sold it for springs when I bought my truck, always wanted to replace it but never got around to it.

It sucks, that was my go-to marker for everything. The other guns I have are a air-thru stocked Tipp98 (which needs a remote/vest setup so I don't use it all that often), my PGP which although fun is unwieldy, my PMI-II which I don't always want to play with because it's very finicky, my Ghost which is an awesome marker but still is setup for dedicated stock-class and when you don't play that often sometimes you just want firepower, and my Automag RT-Pro which is currently running dedicated warp (which makes it heavy and battery/hopper/technology dependent, and which currently is in an unideal setup since my primary hopper went down).
I love using every one of those guns when I use them, but that T2 was easy!

It's a pump so I don't blow through paint with it, it was so refined and the auto-trigger was tuned so well I didn't really sacrifice firepower, vert feed means I just stuff a Revy on top, it weighed nothing, it was accurate, it was high quality, it was unique... It wasn't necessarily my favorite, but it was easily my most used just "bread and butter" marker.
When I needed the money and settled on selling something, it was just my most "replaceable" marker.

And I know it is partly my fault for just being lazy and what not, but I rationalize it that I haven't been putting money aside for the T2 because I haven't been playing paintball and I haven't been playing paintball because I don't have a T2...

Not like I couldn't have replaced it a long time ago... I've easily spent several thousand on firearms in the past 2 years, with plans to buy more.

Well, I have it in the back of my mind to have the T2 by Legends this year. Maybe I can get a 'cocker by then as well.

Honestly, the T2, a 'cocker, and a mid-end electro like an Etek and I'll be paintball satisfied...Of course I have to built a 'mag with the Micro body I have. Gonna run an X valve with a tuned lvlX, install a ULT, get a CCM feedneck, .45 Intelliframe, Lapco .682 12" barrel, Lapco drop-forward, and probably just a Halo on top.

Edited by Watcher, 19 January 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5371 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Kriss announced today that they are releasing a .22LR version of the Vector (Super V)... will be interestig to see if it uses the super v bolt system or not... its also nice to see them making carbines in other calibers... i really want a super v in either 5.7 or 5.56
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5372 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Kriss announced today that they are releasing a .22LR version of the Vector (Super V)... will be interestig to see if it uses the super v bolt system or not... its also nice to see them making carbines in other calibers... i really want a super v in either 5.7 or 5.56

that would be epic my good sir

#5373 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

a super v that accepted five seven mags would be the ultimate carbine for me... even though 5.7 ammo is hard to come buy, and expensive to order online (400 bucks for 2k rounds) its the ideal round for what i want... and the ability of have a carbine and a pistol(yes, i want another five seven) that accepted the same mags would be even more ideal... if they dont do it by next year, and i can still get, i may just pick up a PS90 and call it a day
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5374 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

a super v that accepted five seven mags would be the ultimate carbine for me... even though 5.7 ammo is hard to come buy, and expensive to order online (400 bucks for 2k rounds) its the ideal round for what i want... and the ability of have a carbine and a pistol(yes, i want another five seven) that accepted the same mags would be even more ideal... if they dont do it by next year, and i can still get, i may just pick up a PS90 and call it a day

I just can't get over the fugly PS90 "civilian" barrel...

If you are a Glock guy you could go Kel-Tec Sub2000 and Glock17...

Or Beretta with the M9 and CX-9 Storm carbine...

Those are pistol caliber, though.

Any other handgun shoot a "rifle-caliber" round besides the FiveseveN?

Anyone recommend a steel 9mm that isn't double-action and isn't a 1911?

I really want a Ruger SR45 and one of the commander 1911s, but I feel like I should get another 9mm to balance it out. I'm a relatively firm believer that 1911 was made .45 and should die .45...

Hi-power never really appealed to me...

Edited by Watcher, 20 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5375 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

CZ 75 Shadow.

That is such an incredible pistol.

#5376 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Anyone recommend a steel 9mm that isn't double-action and isn't a 1911?

I really want a Ruger SR45 and one of the commander 1911s, but I feel like I should get another 9mm to balance it out. I'm a relatively firm believer that 1911 was made .45 and should die .45...

Hi-power never really appealed to me...

Now by not double-action are you also including DA/SA?

If your really stuck on single action I believe sig offers the 226 in S/A only. I learned how to shoot pistols on a P229 that belonged to my old Marine room mate. Its left me ith a real respect for sig handguns. Now if only I could afford any of the non-polymer ones.

#5377 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Any other handgun shoot a "rifle-caliber" round besides the FiveseveN?

The Magnum Research BFR comes chambered in both 444 Marlin and 30/30. But somehow I doubt that's what you're looking for.
my markers

#5378 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

what i loved about my five seven, and the ammo itself... is that even out of the hand gun i was able to put rounds on target at 100 yards... granted with the five seven i had to aim way high, but the effective range of the five seven was much much greater then any other pistol i've worked with...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5379 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

figured i would post up a parts list i have for my 500... need to save up quite a bit more, but when i am done she wont looke like any 500 on the market... only things i am still undecided on is the sights/optic and finding an all metal trigger module... i wonder if the 590a1 trigger module will fit the 500...
new buttstock kit

Posted Image

replacement stock.... more for weight balancing... but also for the unique look and extra storage...

Posted Image

going to replace the pistol grip with a MIAD grip...

and replace the pump handle with this bad boy

Posted Image

the add on parts are going to cost me more then the shotgun itself... but, at the end of the day it will be worth it as i will be able to swap all parts over to a 590a1 when i get it...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5380 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

I never liked pistol grips on the 500/590. Maybe I'm a traditionalist but I liked just the regular stock on mine. The Remington 870.... that's a different story.

#5381 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

the only reason i like the pistol grip on this stock is that it brings the recoil inline with barrel... means less barrel rise, and a more manageable felt recoil... plus, wiht the UBR stocks adjustmentz and added weight i can tailor the lenth of the gun to fit me better
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5382 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I never liked pistol grips on the 500/590. Maybe I'm a traditionalist but I liked just the regular stock on mine. The Remington 870.... that's a different story.

I for one am not a fan of the placement of the safety on a 500 with a pistol grip. Now with a basic stock its great.

I still run a basic stock on my 870p though.

#5383 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

The stock I posted comes with a new safety that's extended on either side so you can reach it with a pistol grip. I usually leave the safety off, chamber clear, and hammer decocked when I am using it
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5384 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

... i wonder if the 590a1 trigger module will fit the 500...

I can almost guarantee it, they should have identical receivers and trigger groups...

On a side note, my 590A1 is broken :(

Not sure what's up, the shells aren't being released from the magazine on cycle anymore. It looks like the shell elevator isn't pushing the cartridge stop out of the way enough.

Detail stripped, re-assembled, didn't find anything out of the ordinary, same problem... I've e-mailed Mossberg, we'll see how they handle it.

It's a little disconcerting since I haven't had it all that long and have shot less than 500 rounds through it, but I "play" with it all the time. Manufacturing defect or something, I don't know, I'm just glad it happened now rather than in a situation where I'd be trusting it. It has been cased and my .45 has taken it's place once again as the primary home-defense option.

Edited by Watcher, 22 January 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5385 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

maybe, the 590A1 has little bit of a thicker reviver it's not by much, i just know the walls of the ejection port seem a tiny bit thicker.

#5386 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

You guys and your crazy New age shotguns.

#5387 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

i've never seen another shotgun with a UBR stock... thats why i want to do it... eventually she will get a trijicon fiber optic reflex sight...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5388 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Looks good to say the least

#5389 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

my dream shotgun is the Benelli M4 H2o..... or the UTS 15... love that ugly ass gun...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5390 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

my dream shotgun is the Benelli M4 H2o..... or the UTS 15... love that ugly ass gun...

I heard the UTS is unreliable, plus I don't like how the magazine followers have no retainer so in order to reload you have to push the followers down before you can put shells in there. That kind of sucks.

The KelTec KSG seems pretty solid, though.

I really want a Saiga with a short barrel, railed for-end, and folding stock. Not until either I move or Illinois wises up...

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5391 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

i cant quote my sources for legal reasons, but i've been told Utas USA is updating the platfrom to include new followers, the dust covers will pop open once the last round is fired, and there will be a locking lever on each mag tube that allows the user to compress the followers and just drop the rounds in.... the only instance i've heard is that NutinFancy douche trashing the UTS, its a first run gun from a company thats not known in the US... it will have kinks... hell, it took Colt and Armalite almost an entire war to fix teh issues with the M16
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5392 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Those would be welcome changes to the Utas

#5393 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

they would be... i love the features it has, and its looks, over the KSG.... the fact that i can load slugs in one tube and buck in the other and alternate is awesome... talk about a wall of lead... now, what Utas needs to do is make a version thats convertable to pump and semi like the benelli M3

also... i've inquired at my local class 3 shop about a select fire Colt M4 lower... he is looking around for one for me... will cost me about 500 for the lower and trigger parts... i'll have to provide the forward assist bolt catch/release and mag release button, pistol grip, buffer tube and what not...

if i can get my hands on one, i am building it as an identical match tot eh M4 i had in the service...

Edited by OEFVeteran, 30 January 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5394 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

this video shows the updated UTS-15 with the retractable magazine followers... if you look, as he is loading it in the beginning you can see the follower levers moving back on top of the mag tubes... would have to get one in my hands to truely see how well it worked... but you should be able to pull the follower back and just drop in the shells
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5395 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Today at the range I was offered $475 for my plain jane 10/22 and 4 bx25's. I said no, just didnt feel right.

#5396 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Today at the range I was offered $475 for my plain jane 10/22 and 4 bx25's. I said no, just didnt feel right.

WOW!

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#5397 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

WOW!

I am so glad I bought my 10/22 before the insanity started. Kinda missed the boat on getting a Mini-14, though. Saw some old ones at gun shows 2 weeks ago for $1500. Gah.

#5398 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I gotta sell the marlin 45-70.
would $500 be a good asking price?

#5399 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

If you're trying to unload it fast, sure. But right now everything is going for about $200 more than it's worth, so I'd start near $700 if I were you.
my markers

#5400 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

how old is the marlin? Thats the main question.

does it say made in NY/KY or CT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users