5998 replies to this topic

#5501 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

^see that is my problem with the Uni-background as well... How many task force would be made to the illegal purchasing of firearms...

Hell I sold my AK on my front lawn to my neighbor in broad day light(I know he wasn't a Felon) and it seemed a little odd, but it really didn't feel like I broke the law. But try that with a uni-check you could face some serious prison time.

#5502 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

I oppose the universal background checks on the grounds that it will lead to a gun registry. The checks won't stop criminals from getting guns since they don't have to acquire their guns through legal means anyway.

Anyone seen any .22lr on a store shelf? This is getting ridiculous.

Edited by The_Economist, 24 April 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#5503 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

I only see bolt guns, and Hunting Shotguns, and a FEW lever actions in odd calibers.

I'm actually starting to get a little worried. I haven't held a AR in over 6 Months, and I haven't seen a Mini-14 in longer than that. Hell you can't even order a Ruger Scout Rifle right now.

#5504 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

I oppose the universal background checks on the grounds that it will lead to a gun registry. The checks won't stop criminals from getting guns since they don't have to acquire their guns through legal means anyway.

Anyone seen any .22lr on a store shelf? This is getting ridiculous.

Yep

http://www.canadiant...408474396672077
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5505 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Canada really is a great country.

#5506 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Canada really is a great country.

The only thing that sucks is you can only ship 6500(I think) rounds of ammunition without special permits
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5507 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

i am all for registering guns much like you would register a car, as long as its done with out the intent to disarm america i see now reason to get up in arms over it. if me having to [pay a small fee to register my guns eah year means i get to keep my right to purchase and own an AR-15 or other modern sporting rifle, then i am all for it... what i think needs to happen as far as background checks go is to include the mental health care system into the NICS. healcare professionals should be able to flag people, and families, in the NICS system to prevent firearms from falling into the hands of someone who is bat shit crazy, but has no prior criminal record. i personally know a few people who should not own guns based on their mental state, and yet, becuase they have a clean record, they can legally purchase. that to me seems like a smarter way to go about gun control then an outright ban.

as far as the political talk goes, you all know the rules. i have no issue with talking about the affects of laws being passed, but other mods might take issue with, so tread carefully
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#5508 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

^^^
No. What you're talking about is compromises. Give an inch and they'll take a yard. Besides, if you look at history, you'll notice that in every instance where registration was implemented, it was only the beginning. Compromise here, and you start down a path that inevitably will end in confiscation. History is riddled with the fact that registration eventually leads to confiscation. It's not limited to dictatorships and the third world, either. It happened in Australia in '05. Think it can't happen here? Keep compromising and find out how much they take from you. I won't even say they can have my guns when I'm dead, because then they belong to my children, and I pray they will cling to them with the same fervor I do.

Studies have shown that guns in the hands of legally armed citizens prevent something on the order of 100 times the number of violent acts against innocents as all the gun deaths together each year. That seems like your acceptable compromise right there. So why are they trying to take my guns again?

Edited by Corrupted355, 24 April 2013 - 02:48 PM.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
my markers

#5509 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

I agree, but, I also think that state registration over federal regestration is ultimatly the answer, just for tracking purposes. I will never give up my guns, regardless of state or federal law. But, I dont see a problem of having to pay a small fee to my town each year when I go to register my car.
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#5510 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

I just don't see the point of registration. Criminals won't register their guns, so the registry won't stop them. Unless you have law enforcement sweeps of private property to gather up unregistered guns, the registry will do no good.

I understand the need to stop sales of guns to dangerous people, but I don't have a better solution than background checks at the point of sale.

#5511 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

^people also don't pay to have insurance on their Cars and they still drive them till shit happens.

I'm 50/50 on the Registration.. but I agree 1,000,00% with OEF on the Mental health state within the NICS. I give mental health care to individuals who WILL Slice your jugular open if you give them the 3 sedonds they need to do it... and by the "law" they have never committed a "Violent Crime" and knowing that someone like this is walking around in the Public(and yes... there are many of them) scares me when someones voices start acting up and they have never had a run in with the law.

#5512 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

But now you're trying to apply legislation that was supposedly designed with criminals in mind and attempting to apply it to the potentially mentally damaged. Similar, but not close enough. That's like putting a Ford engine in a Chevy. You can make it work, but you're gonna have to modify a lot of stuff.
my markers

#5513 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Three fricken millimeters three damn gun laws

#5514 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

You Canuks have a weird way of saying it, but that hits the nail on the head.
my markers

#5515 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

I agree, but, I also think that state registration over federal regestration is ultimatly the answer, just for tracking purposes. I will never give up my guns, regardless of state or federal law. But, I dont see a problem of having to pay a small fee to my town each year when I go to register my car.

Americans have enough taxes and fees already. I find it disgusting that I have to pay someone money to use something that I own and payed for, like when registering my car. If the government is allowed to charge an annual fee for registration, who knows what they will end up charging, and what other laws they will put in along with it.

I imagine going to get a gun registered and it ending up to be a list of extra charges. A charge for high cap mags, a charge for semi auto, a charge for it being a "military" style weapon, a charge to compensate for environment effects, etc. etc.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5516 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Yeah. Imagine the carbon footprint fee. The lead endangerment fee.
my markers

#5517 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Remember the days when the people got pissed as hell when only a few certain items were taxed? Neither do I. I was born into a world where the people let the government tax us blind. I fail to see how we are in debt with the government stealing a fat chunk of money outta my and hundreds of millions of other american's paychecks, and taxes on goods we buy.

Edited by TheGuy, 29 April 2013 - 03:43 AM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5518 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Here the way i look at... In a perfect world the only gin laws would be ccw permits nationwide and age restrictions on purchases... But, since we dont life in a perfect world, i am ok with a small fee associated with being a firearms owner. I think that the background checks in place need to include a mental heath check, to prevent those crazies that never commited a violemt crime from getting a gun. I also think that non military and police should have to pass the same qualifications i did as a soldier if they want to own a rifle similar to what i was issued... Now, before you guffah and object, hear me out... By takeing classes that meet certain regulations, you can lower your yearly registration fee... This will help ensure that those with a ccw permit know what they are doing, and are better trained to uosed their gun if they need to. The more classes you take, the less your registration fee. This give people and incentive to leadn a thing or two about proper use and tactics. Cuz personally, i dont trust anyone with a gun that wasnt mikitary trained, or i didnt train myself... I make exceptions for people that have proven to me they konow what they are doing, but i would still feel safer if joe schmoe civilain went through a BRM class and had to get a passing score at a qual range to get his endorsement for his military sporting rifle... And not, i dont boanket trust anyone in the military, i just tend to trust them more cuz of the training we have to go through... As a bet, i feel i am entitled to a little more then non vets as far as freedomes... Esp eith firearms
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5519 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Here the way i look at... In a perfect world the only gin laws would be ccw permits nationwide and age restrictions on purchases... But, since we dont life in a perfect world, i am ok with a small fee associated with being a firearms owner. I think that the background checks in place need to include a mental heath check, to prevent those crazies that never commited a violemt crime from getting a gun. I also think that non military and police should have to pass the same qualifications i did as a soldier if they want to own a rifle similar to what i was issued... Now, before you guffah and object, hear me out... By takeing classes that meet certain regulations, you can lower your yearly registration fee... This will help ensure that those with a ccw permit know what they are doing, and are better trained to uosed their gun if they need to. The more classes you take, the less your registration fee. This give people and incentive to leadn a thing or two about proper use and tactics. Cuz personally, i dont trust anyone with a gun that wasnt mikitary trained, or i didnt train myself... I make exceptions for people that have proven to me they konow what they are doing, but i would still feel safer if joe schmoe civilain went through a BRM class and had to get a passing score at a qual range to get his endorsement for his military sporting rifle... And not, i dont boanket trust anyone in the military, i just tend to trust them more cuz of the training we have to go through... As a bet, i feel i am entitled to a little more then non vets as far as freedomes... Esp eith firearms

I agree that everything should be done to keep guns out of the hands of crazies. I just dont like the fact that gun owners might have to do that stuff. I feel like the government would slowly be making it more and more difficult and expensive to own firearms. The whole point of the right to bear arms (at least my interpretation) is so the common man can rise up at a moments notice with weapons that are rightfully available to him.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5520 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

While i agree with you, i would rather have the person fighting next to me know how to use the weapon the way it was meant to be used through proper training rather then what they picked up in video games, movies, and from range warriors... The incentive to take classes would be greater if it meant waving to registration fee with completion of said number of hours in training

To give you an example, i didnt let any shoot my scar until they knew the rifle inside and out, as well as the fundemntals... This includes people that grew up with guns, and had been trained... I am a firm believer in the adage that victory some to those who are best prepared... And the be prepaired with fireamrs, means training, lots and lots of training, and not just bench time... Real trigger time spent doing reflexive fire drills and pushing the limits of accuracy and range with said weapon system

Edited by OEFVeteran, 29 April 2013 - 04:29 AM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5521 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

I've seen a lot of this "if you weren't trained the way I was, you don't deserve the same things I do" from military personnel. There's more than one way to fry an egg, but it tends to seem like the military people think there is only one right way.I happen to know plenty of gun people. Some of them come from a military background, but most don't. Plenty of the non-military people are extremely proficient with their arms. Usually moreso than the military guys, as the military guys seem to be more non-chalant with the weaponry, occasionally bypassing action I would take in the name of safety. Bottom line: I'm sick of the "my training makes me better than you" attitude. From anyone; non military included. In many cases, your training makes you educated beyond your intelligence.
my markers

#5522 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

While i agree with you, i would rather have the person fighting next to me know how to use the weapon the way it was meant to be used through proper training rather then what they picked up in video games, movies, and from range warriors... The incentive to take classes would be greater if it meant waving to registration fee with completion of said number of hours in training

To give you an example, i didnt let any shoot my scar until they knew the rifle inside and out, as well as the fundemntals... This includes people that grew up with guns, and had been trained... I am a firm believer in the adage that victory some to those who are best prepared... And the be prepaired with fireamrs, means training, lots and lots of training, and not just bench time... Real trigger time spent doing reflexive fire drills and pushing the limits of accuracy and range with said weapon system

I agree with the idea of offering training to CCW holders, and new gun owners, But I don't agree on the idea of taxing ownership. Just like I wouldn't like being taxed to keep my 1st or 4th amendment rights intact.

I've seen a lot of this "if you weren't trained the way I was, you don't deserve the same things I do" from military personnel. There's more than one way to fry an egg, but it tends to seem like the military people think there is only one right way.I happen to know plenty of gun people. Some of them come from a military background, but most don't. Plenty of the non-military people are extremely proficient with their arms. Usually moreso than the military guys, as the military guys seem to be more non-chalant with the weaponry, occasionally bypassing action I would take in the name of safety. Bottom line: I'm sick of the "my training makes me better than you" attitude. From anyone; non military included. In many cases, your training makes you educated beyond your intelligence.

I get this all the time as well. As a 20 year old college student, I get nothing but dirty looks from people when I walk into the range lobby. Yet the funny thing is the guys behind the counter know my name, ask me what project I am currently working on, and show me new stuff thats come in, and generally shoot the shit. They know me, because I will be the first person to jump down your throat for improperly handling a firearm, and I will regularly teach or give tips to new shooters. I have helped out and yelled at police officers, military personel, security guards, and range commandos alike. So when I do get the "I was trained and you weren't" attitude, it really irritates me because more often than not its those guys who cross fire onto my target, rack their weapon into their own or someone else's body, or muzzle people on the range. Not saying you do this OEFveteran, but a lot of guys in my area with the same atitude do.
Posted Image
Ion Owners Group #1 ETEK OWNERS GROUP #17

#5523 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

I hsve known more then a few few military people that I dont trust with weapons, even in war I wss watching my back from my own team as much ad I was watching the enemy... but, the fact is, the military spends tens of thousands of tax psyer dollars on each service member to ensure that they are proficient with their weapon. If they are retard about it, that the persons fault, not a result of training. On my first deployment I work with former rangers and sf teams, these are the people that taught me to shoot, so yeah, I do have an attitude I am better then you, but, at the range, I dont show it. The training offered by the military is supperior in every way to civilisn classes, which is why I feel that civilians who want to own a military sporting rifle should have to take a class based off miliyary brm training. If you are alrwady proficient, then its an easy class... snd yes, I know I am in the mi ority here, and I can accept that this outcome will never happen. Srill, I would rather see shooters with militaryesque training then not, for my ease of mind... including police...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5524 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I hsve known more then a few few military people that I dont trust with weapons, even in war I wss watching my back from my own team as much ad I was watching the enemy... but, the fact is, the military spends tens of thousands of tax psyer dollars on each service member to ensure that they are proficient with their weapon. If they are retard about it, that the persons fault, not a result of training. On my first deployment I work with former rangers and sf teams, these are the people that taught me to shoot, so yeah, I do have an attitude I am better then you, but, at the range, I dont show it. The training offered by the military is supperior in every way to civilisn classes, which is why I feel that civilians who want to own a military sporting rifle should have to take a class based off miliyary brm training. If you are alrwady proficient, then its an easy class... snd yes, I know I am in the mi ority here, and I can accept that this outcome will never happen. Srill, I would rather see shooters with militaryesque training then not, for my ease of mind... including police...

I can totally agree with the last part, but can we also throw in Dunbar type employees? I've watched them qualify at the range, and holy crap does that scare me..... They shouldn't be allowed to carry squirt guns the way they shoot.

Edited by ibunkeru666, 29 April 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image

#5525 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I agree with the idea of offering training to CCW holders, and new gun owners, But I don't agree on the idea of taxing ownership. Just like I wouldn't like being taxed to keep my 1st or 4th amendment rights intact.

I get this all the time as well. As a 20 year old college student, I get nothing but dirty looks from people when I walk into the range lobby. Yet the funny thing is the guys behind the counter know my name, ask me what project I am currently working on, and show me new stuff thats come in, and generally shoot the shit. They know me, because I will be the first person to jump down your throat for improperly handling a firearm, and I will regularly teach or give tips to new shooters. I have helped out and yelled at police officers, military personel, security guards, and range commandos alike. So when I do get the "I was trained and you weren't" attitude, it really irritates me because more often than not its those guys who cross fire onto my target, rack their weapon into their own or someone else's body, or muzzle people on the range. Not saying you do this OEFveteran, but a lot of guys in my area with the same atitude do.

I understand this more than anything Im the exact same way. 21 and 6'2'' and skinny and skinny as crap.
People come into work at the pharmacy to talk about hunting with my boss (he's 58) they'll get to talking about a firearm and next thing I know I'm getting called over to anwser ?'s about the gun. 9 times outta 10 i get that how the hell do you know look from who ever it is like I don't know lol. Then for some reason I always get quitioned about if I can shoot or not and people trying to show me up. As a competitive shooter I love the challange. So people trip over themselves when they see me do a mag dump of 21 rounds outta my Competiton Glock into a patteren about the size of a babies head in just a couple of seconds. :)

#5526 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

So people trip over themselves when they see me do a mag dump of 21 rounds outta my Competiton Glock into a patteren about the size of a babies head in just a couple of seconds. :)

Don't tempt me to start with the horrible dead baby jokes. :P

#5527 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

Time to un-ass my couch and finish my target backstop and get it set up in the yard

#5528 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Start the Jokes!!! lol

#5529 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

So my Lansky Basic kit wont sharpen my CRKT M16 very well and recomended sharpener's that I should look at ?

#5530 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

so, it looks like after 4 long years of fighting with the newmarket nh police department i am going to finally get my xd45 back (long story, dont want to tell it)... as well as being granted my CCW permit (only getting the permit to get the gun back). i've never been a fan of concealed carry, i would much rather open cary, as to me, the whole point of being armed is to deter violence, what better way to deter violence then other people seeing that you are armed?

anyway... only experience i have with XD holsters is with the factory included belt loop holster, which isnt bad... but, i was looking for other holsters for it. i already plan on getting a chest reg for it, so what i need is a paddle holster... dont like the supertuck style, or anything that goes in between me and my belt... from what i can tell blackhawk doesnt make a SERPA holster for the XD, which is really a shame, i love the SERPA.... so, any suggestion fro you all? i have a SERPA paddle holster for my FsN (still have it, as i plan on buying another FsN once the ammo price drops).
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5531 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

um go to holsters.com and look at there retention holsters for it

I use them for my glock and my open carry M&P and there pretty nice
theres a screw that you can tighten or loosten depending oh tight want it to be

#5532 Nick

Nick

USAF Combat Camera

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

Inebriation aside:

fuck serpa holsters. I got to watch a holster discharge a month ago. It ripped a clean line down his kahkis and took some skin off his knee. He was lucky as all sorts of hell.

IPSC also bans these holsters, becuase the retention paddle is right where the trigger is, so you're extremely likely to rip one off down your leg in a stress scenario.

Find a local who makes good kydex holsters, or buy a fobus. After seeing a dude pull a tex grebner in real life, i will forever swear off blackhawk serpas

#5533 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

i've trained exlusivly with SERPA's in the military... i've never seen it that happen before, though i have heard about it... and my conclusion? they got complacent... when i depress the release trigger on a serpa, then draw my weapon from teh holster, my finger ends up along side the trigger guard, not inside it...the SERPA release trigger doesnt take much pressure to release it, if someone is mashing down on the release mech its their own damn fault... dont fault the equipment for a persons mistake... if SERPAs we so unsafe then they would not be the holster issued out by the DoD to all branches of the military....

i was looking at the Fobus one, as i like its adjustability... just not a fan of friction holsters, would rather have an actual lock like the SERPA... dont like the loop style retention holsters either... i am very very picky with gear, which is why i asked you alls opinion...

edit: just browsed the BlackHawk site... turns out they dod make a CQC SERPA holster for the XD... guess i should email them to see if it will fit the XD45 tactical compact...

Edited by OEFVeteran, 09 May 2013 - 04:12 AM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5534 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Finally finished my Savage project.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ibunkeru666, 10 May 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Posted Image

#5535 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

nice looking shooter... what do you have on there for glass?
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5536 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

nice looking shooter... what do you have on there for glass?

I put a Mueller APV 4.5-14x on it with a sunshade. So far its worked really nicely, very clear, and the turrets work well. Not to mention its relatively cheap.
Posted Image

#5537 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now send it to me for testing.....yes testing

#5538 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can come down here for testing! I almost went through withdraw in the three weeks it took to be Cerakoted.

Posted Image

#5539 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can come down here for testing! I almost went through withdraw in the three weeks it took to be Cerakoted.

I would of gotten the shakes looked like a crack addict in withdrawal

#5540 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would of gotten the shakes looked like a crack addict in withdrawal

When I dropped it off they guy said he would call me when it was finish, For the entire duration I acted like a depressed teenage girl waiting for this guy to call me back.... Im pretty sure my Co workers thought I had been dumped by him or something the way I talked about it lol.
Posted Image

#5541 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hey all,
I've been around firearms for quite a while but I only recently went out and bought my own: A 3" Ruger SP101 in .357 Mag.
Today, I was finally able to take it out shooting. I put 50 rounds of .38 sp, 50 rounds of .357 Mag, and 5 rounds of .38 Sp +P JHP down range.
Posted Image

My target was my old, busted 20" TV at about 10-15 yds. I could do with some more practice of course, but for my first time shooting it, I'm pretty satisfied with the results.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm still fairly new to handguns, especially those of a more potent caliber, so pardon my less-than-stellar technique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdC0NdLTwLA&feature=em-upload_owner

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and have had a lot of fun shooting her. If weather permits, I'll probably take her out again tomorrow. :)

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5542 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Nice! I should be getting a new 338. or a 7.62 x 54...Thinking of getting two or three old military surplus mosin nagants with bayonets for 110 a piece at my local shop....They are the russian model so lol....I will get a vid up soon of me shooting the judge my father owns..

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#5543 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Nice! I should be getting a new 338. or a 7.62 x 54...Thinking of getting two or three old military surplus mosin nagants with bayonets for 110 a piece at my local shop....They are the russian model so lol....I will get a vid up soon of me shooting the judge my father owns..

I like the Lee Enfield more then the Mosin Nagant .303Brit is really easy to find in Canada

#5544 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

I like the Lee Enfield more then the Mosin Nagant .303Brit is really easy to find in Canada

7.62 x 54 R is easy to get for cheap up here. Also I just bought an (there not junk so before anyone freaks out and thinks they have gun knowlage...don't) Hi-Point 9mm carbine and I love it! My father also just put a 40. on lay away the day we took my 9mm carbine of lay away lol. I'll be posting a video around the 4th of me shooting my new toy being the 9mm. I have plans still to buy in the next 3 months or so a Mosin nagant,380.acp handgun,and a 20 gauge mossberg 500.

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#5545 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

380.acp handgun

Just wondering, but why a .380? Also, what kind of .380 are you looking for?
You may also want to look into getting a .22. There are few ways you can have so much fun with so little money than with a .22

Edited by Antonious, 25 June 2013 - 03:22 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5546 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

why on earth would you buy something from Hi-Point? every Hi-Point i've shot has failed in some way... you get what you pay for with Hi-Point
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5547 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

why on earth would you buy something from Hi-Point? every Hi-Point i've shot has failed in some way... you get what you pay for with Hi-Point

Because he wants to.

#5548 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

why on earth would you buy something from Hi-Point?

I love it!

That's about the only answer you need.

Edited by Antonious, 25 June 2013 - 07:51 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5549 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

380.acp handgun

Just wondering, but why a .380? Also, what kind of .380 are you looking for?
You may also want to look into getting a .22. There are few ways you can have so much fun with so little money than with a .22

I'm just looking for a handgun to target shoot with no self defense really. So I guess I could go with a 22lr but it's virtually impossible to find any 22. where I live even though I ahve 10,000+ rounds of it.

#5550 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi-points arent bad for Home Defense. They are blocky, heavy and can't carry much ammo, but if your on a budget they work and work well for Home Defense.

on the other side, I'm beggining to see AR15's trickle in and AK's are droping in Prices... :D 

All I need to see now is some .22 and 5.56 com back and I may sell my paintball stuff for a new AR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users