• Please log in to reply
5998 replies to this topic

#5801 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hey OEF, did the army supply gloves? Were people allowed to provide their own? Look what I just found flipping through photos of a group a girl I know from high school is in.

1185472_10151575733931444_103761139_n.jp

Would be pretty cool if the government gave out Empire Gloves, but if I had to guess I'd say he was allowed to provide his own, since it was just a training day.

Apparently it's the 404th MEB, and the picture is from their 2013 Annual Training pics off Facebook.

#5802 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

they issued us nomex flyers gloves, as they are fire retardant... when at a training range, it depends on the unit... when deployed... you cant wear gloves that will melt and fuse to your skin in the event of a fire

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#5803 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

How did you like the flyers gloves? I've been tempted to pick up a pair at my local surplus place.

#5804 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

i loved em... get a pair that fit, otherwise they are really awkward... i used them for winter paintball... yard work... as well as wearing them in the field while on deployment... i've also had wiley-x gloves with the hard knuckles... they were ok, but fell apart really fast... not worth the 60 bucks i paid

Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#5805 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Hey Corrupted, do you have a .223 bullet handy? Got back from the range today and made sure to save the first round I fired. Would like you to put a bullet in it and put a loop in the primer hole like you did with my .40 S&W casing, if you wouldn't mind?

#5806 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

I've got a few thousand 55 gr FMJBT lying around. They're Hornady's version of the XM193 military bullet. Once seated, all you'll see is the FMJ copper tip seated into a cannlure. I'd just have to go back to my dad's place to go find my soldering equipment.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
my markers

#5807 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Toss me your address in a PM and I'll ship the casing out to you, and then you can ship it back whenever you get around to it. Same as before, no big rush or anything, just whenever you have the time and energy.

What would you consider a good price for a batch of bullets? I need to start looking at reloading supplies, now that I've started saving some brass.

#5808 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Anyone know what the plastic harness like thing is called for 3 gun shooting for shotgun shells? Goes on your belt or something holds like 5 shells?

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#5809 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Shell caddy.

#5810 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

^ Thank you much sir. I was looking for one I'm not a big fan of the shell carriers along the side of the actual shotgun.

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#5811 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Another idea I've seen before is an arm guard, similar to what bow people use, but with loops for shotgun shells. But basically what it comes down to is using whatever you're comfortable with and good at.

#5812 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

The caddy on my waist is what I seem to like. I just picked up a new shotgun last night along with 2 boxes of 9mm, a box of target load and a few boxes of K.O. Slugs.

#5813 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

One idea I've been seriously considering is getting the Safariland ELS belt, just because it seems like it will be so much easier to take stuff on and off. It's fairly expensive up front to get everything you need, but it should last a long time and be the only belt you need.

Starts at about a minute, but the entire video is worth watching if you're new to 3 gun.

Edited by TK-421, 24 August 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#5814 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

^ Will take this info into consideration. Thanks for the help man.

#5815 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

This is a good video about 3 gun firearms for beginners.

#5816 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Toss me your address in a PM and I'll ship the casing out to you, and then you can ship it back whenever you get around to it. Same as before, no big rush or anything, just whenever you have the time and energy.

What would you consider a good price for a batch of bullets? I need to start looking at reloading supplies, now that I've started saving some brass.

Sure thing. But I have a shortage of most types of primers. And in the current economic climate, primers are annoyingly hard to come across. I'm keeping anything that requires anything but small pistol primers close to the vest. 

my markers

#5817 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

That's not a problem, I wasn't wanting it to come back with a primer on it, just a little loop for a key chain like you did with my .40.

#5818 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Headed out to shoot today. :D Hands are sore from splitting wood yesterday but we will see how this goes?

First day shooting the H&R. Picked up a few boxes of ammo. Reason for calling it "ammo" is do to I bought multiple different types of calibers for different firearms and I;m not going to list them all.

#5819 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

That's not a problem, I wasn't wanting it to come back with a primer on it, just a little loop for a key chain like you did with my .40.

Headed out to shoot today. :D Hands are sore from splitting wood yesterday but we will see how this goes?

First day shooting the H&R. Picked up a few boxes of ammo. Reason for calling it "ammo" is do to I bought multiple different types of calibers for different firearms and I;m not going to list them all.

I was referring to selling you a batch of ammo.

my markers

#5820 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ah, lol. I was just inquiring, so I know when I should pass on a deal, since I plan on starting to gather supplies at some point. Probably won't be until I move out, but I still like to spend some time doing some research.

#5821 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

buddy of mine has gotten into hand loading... he got a single stage press, only loads one at a time. he has to put the primer and bullet onto the case then press it... its time consuming, but the same route i woudl take to learn. as for powder, he has a hornady scale and electronic measuring machine.... not sure what he bought as far of the brass tumble cleaner... but he has spent far less then some others i know for a first time set up and he cranks out just as much ammo as they do... 

once i can get my funds together for my .308 i am going to look into reloading... will most likely still buy radway green surplus 7.62, but i want to be able to hand load specality rounds for hunting and longer range shooting... cant wait to get back on the range, and back to NH so i can go shooting every weekend...

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5822 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

What would it run for a few things of Target Load 20 Gauge?

#5823 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

if you want to contact him about sales off the site, thats one thing... otherwise... lets not talk about sales of ammo to each other in here as its a violation of multiple rules

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5824 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

if you want to contact him about sales off the site, thats one thing... otherwise... lets not talk about sales of ammo to each other in here as its a violation of multiple rules

Nobody is talking about selling each other ammo. I was merely asking about what is a good price to look for for reloading components, and what prices I should avoid.

#5825 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

and i wasnt directing that to you... that one guy's post semed like he was inquiring about a pcie for corrupted to make target loads for him...

no need to get your panties in knot there big guy

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5826 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

What would it run for a few things of Target Load 20 Gauge?
I wouldn't know. I don't load shotshells, and there is very little specific cross compatibility between shells and metallic cartridges. So I have really no idea what shotshell components cost, and no way of telling you what prices to look for.

As for pistol stuff, I just sold a good friend 200 rounds of 38 Special. I don't remember if my cost was $28 or $31 for the batch. I think I charged him $40.
my markers

#5827 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Wow, nice prices. And at ~$20 for 50 rounds of .40 S&W, sounds like I need to reload, could be some good savings.

#5828 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

It takes a lot of money to get everything you need. My press alone was a grand. That's not including $40-120 for each set of dies, various other tools, reloading data literature, a tumbler... etc. And then you have to get the actual components. It's like boating: it's better to have a friend with a boat than to actually have a boat.
my markers

#5829 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

^^ I have the ELS belt you were talking about eariler and I also shoot 3 gun. Best belt system out there for it IMO. It is pricy but i can change my entire setup in about 30 secs and be back to looking at stuff before others have even got there belt off.

#5830 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

I think in the spring I'm going to get into Jr. clay shooting. The base up in Dayton has Clay team, they also do dear hunting and pheasent hunting.

Edited by That one guy, 26 August 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#5831 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

Well, I just bought me another gun. (Or rather put it on layaway until this weekend).
It's a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 in the Cabela's exclusive duo-tone kit (which comes with a kydex holster and mag carrier, a Lula mag loader, and an extra magazine for a total of 3). It cost me about $570.

150986_01_md.jpg
I decided to go with the M&P because it was the only high-cap polymer auto that seemed to fit my hand. I'll primarily be using it for home defense since I'm finally moving out of the dorms. I'll be throwing a Streamlight TLR-3 on it as well and possibly replacing the sights with some Meprolights, depending on how well I like the stock sights.

Hopefully, I'll be able to try it out this next weekend

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5832 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Smexy

#5833 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Is this a good price? http://www.ebay.com/...=item5af4995df0

#5834 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Generally, I try to stay away from anything made by Lee, except maybe metallic case dies. Lee makes bottom-of-the-barrel cheap stuff, and it usually shows. For example, I have two powder drops: once by Hornady and one by RCBS. Both of them are total metal construction and have close tolerances and throw powder within 0.1 grains each time. The same style powder drop made by Lee is made largely of plastic, and has horrible consistency. You see this kind of trend across their entire line of products. Yes, they are cheap, but they are cheap for a very good reason. A friend of mine started out with Lee, trying to save money. It was about six months later that the lee stuff was unbolted from the table and collecting dust in favor of more expensive but much better equipment.

my markers

#5835 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

So If I'm going start reloading, I could expect to spend easily over 1K?

My father gave ne his shell bandolier. Has 50 loops for shells I love it.

#5836 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Not necessarily. My press is designed to pump out a large volume of ammo in a short time. You can get a single stage press designed for precision for a fifth the price of mine. You'll get the same ammo or better, it'll just take longer. As for shotshell presses, I have no idea what they should cost. I just know that Lee's quality is cheap as a general rule.
my markers

#5837 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Its always nice getting stuff in the mail

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5838 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Took my M&P out shooting and I love it! My arms are slightly burned because M&P's sometimes shoot the spent casings straight back during the break-in, but other than that, it's a real nice shooter and I like loads better than my buddy's Glock.

Here she is next to my SP101 in a sort of Yin & Yang ensemble.

1235493_10201064010457414_390225039_n.jp

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5839 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

^ Super sexy.

Anyone know a few "things" I could put on my shotgun besides the shell carrier along with side?

I think I'm going to be a "Shotgun and Handgun guy". I like my Rifle but I LOVE shooting shotguns way more along with handguns.

I currently have a surplus molle vest. Anyone know what I should put on it? All it has is a water canteen ATM. I was looking at getting a a few puches for shells then a few mag puches for a handgun or my rifle since they both use handgun magazines.

Finally I already have the bandolier as I mentioned, but I am looking at this: Well after looking for an hour I can't find it. Either way I was looking at a drop-leg carrier for shells.

#5840 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Flashlights are practically a necessity if you wish to use it for home defense.
What kind of shotgun do you have?

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5841 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

shotguns dont need accessories... but, my mossberg has ghost ring sights, i was going to put a surefire flashligt pump grip on it.... and a cavalry arms pistol grip and stock adapter that allows me to use any ar15 buffer tube and stock... was going to use a mafpul UBR stock to help balance out the shot gun

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#5842 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'm looking at sights ATM. It's an H&R pump full size 20.

#5843 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

10/22 mags, Butler Creek 25 round mags vs Ruger 25 round mags, anyone got a preference?

#5844 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Ruger IMO I have less feeding issues with them

#5845 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

10/22 mags, Butler Creek 25 round mags vs Ruger 25 round mags, anyone got a preference?

So long as the Butler Creek's have the steel lips, you'll be fine with either.
The BX-25's might have a more durable shell if you're planning on doing a lot of extreme shit with them.

Edited by Antonious, 06 September 2013 - 01:24 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5846 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

As Antonious had mentioned, I don't see a point in the BX-25's unless you are doing some pretty extreme things or test or some shiz.

#5847 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

If it were me, I'd go with the Ruger mags. Most fun failures are magazine related, not problems with the actual firearm. I've heard people say that time and again, and I've experienced it myself on a number of occasions. Now, the 10-22 is a bit of a juggernaught when it comes to operating with minimal failures and would probably be fine with any of them, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

my markers

#5848 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Unfortunately my shop was out of 10/22s, so now I have to take my hunt online. But, with high prices online, shipping, and  my shop's transfer fee, it's looking like a 10/22 from online would cost me anywhere from $320-400, which is just nuts. So I'll most likely just wait until my shop gets in the 10/22 I want and buy it from them.

Hopefully I can find some Ruger mags in stock somewhere, they definitely seem to be the most popular, since everyone is out of stock on them.

#5849 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

My local gun shop has around 15 different 10/22's ranging from the standard wood 10/22,camo,takedown,tactical,hunting etc and many other editions.

#5850 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

According to my shop they had the one I wanted, and a standard wood one, and they recently sold both of them. And they have no idea when they'll get more in stock because the companies don't tell them anything. They say they order new ones every time they get new ones in. They're a small shop, not a ton of business, so they only order them one or two at a time. They don't have space for a dozen 10/22s. So they just order more when they sell out.

Fortunately for me, I found a website that has the 10/22 I want, at a good price, and they have it in stock. And with the transfer fee, it comes out to basically what I'd be paying for a 10/22 at my local store, after tax was tacked on. So I think that's a fair deal for me. Just need to wait until the online place opens, because they're closed until tuesday, so I can check and see if they have my store's FFL on file or not. And supposedly their shipping, which is free, is 2 day FedEx shipping, so I'm hoping I'll have my 10/22 by next friday.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)