6360 replies to this topic

#6351 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

I figure it's just like any other gun: practice, practice, practice, before you carry it. Enough practice and hopefully you get used to it. Obviously it's not meant for everybody, I personally would want something bigger than a .380, but some people are okay with pocket carrying a small gun.

And im not one of them give me a compact or full size any day

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6352 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

So I apprently have a fetish for alloy-framed, DA/SA, decocker-only 9mm's, as I just bought myself a Ruger P89DC to go with my Sig P226.

So far, I really like it. Yes, it's big, bulky, and incredibly boring looking, but it's actually got some really nice features.
Aside from the slide catch, it's completely ambidextrous (unlike the Sig).

The controls seem a bit more intuitively placed than the Sig (Really, Sig? Slide release behind the decocker?).
The trigger is almost as nice as the Sig's (It's a little longer and the DA is slightly heavier. A lighter hammer spring should help fix weight).
It's pretty damn comfy to hold with the Hogue grips, even with my dainty little hands.
It's overbuilt and reliable. ("AK of the handgun world" comes to mind)
It's got some pretty decent accuracy. Not as good as the Sig, but definitely up to par with many other popular 9mm's.
And best of all, it was half the price of my Sig that I bought used and 1/3 of the price of a new one.

This guy will now be my traveling and camping companion so my Sig can stay nice and pretty in her case.
I think I may even upgrade to a set of XS Big Dot sights on it.

Honestly, this is now what I'll be recommending to guys wanting a gun in the $300 range and aren't too picky about looks, as I feel it's more than worth that price for what you get.

IMG_1612.jpg

Edited by Antonious, 30 May 2015 - 08:38 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6353 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

So I apprently have a fetish for alloy-framed, DA/SA, decocker-only 9mm's, as I just bought myself a Ruger P89DC to go with my Sig P226.

So far, I really like it. Yes, it's big, bulky, and incredibly boring looking, but it's actually got some really nice features.
Aside from the slide catch, it's completely ambidextrous (unlike the Sig).

The controls seem a bit more intuitively placed than the Sig (Really, Sig? Slide release behind the decocker?).
The trigger is almost as nice as the Sig's (It's a little longer and the DA is slightly heavier. A lighter hammer spring should help fix weight).
It's pretty damn comfy to hold with the Hogue grips, even with my dainty little hands.
It's overbuilt and reliable. ("AK of the handgun world" comes to mind)
It's got some pretty decent accuracy. Not as good as the Sig, but definitely up to par with many other popular 9mm's.
And best of all, it was half the price of my Sig that I bought used and 1/3 of the price of a new one.

This guy will now be my traveling and camping companion so my Sig can stay nice and pretty in her case.
I think I may even upgrade to a set of XS Big Dot sights on it.

Honestly, this is now what I'll be recommending to guys wanting a gun in the $300 range and aren't too picky about looks, as I feel it's more than worth that price for what you get.

IMG_1612.jpg

What are the holster options like

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6354 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,986 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't give a hoot about stuff being ambidextrous? I'm right handed, I don't try and do any fancy shooting with my left hand, so if the gun controls don't work with my left hand then it doesn't bother me. I don't know, I just don't understand all the hype about ambidextrous stuff.

#6355 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

There's actually quite a few out there from companies like BladeTech, DeSantis, Galco, and Bianchi.
I currently have a Don Hume in the mail for mine.
And ambidextrous controls would be important for lefties. I'm right handed so it doesn't bother me too much, but I have a buddy who's a lefty and hates when things aren't ambi or able to convert to left hand. Trying to operate a right handed mag release or safety lever is really awkward for him and would be a deal-breaker for him.

Edited by Antonious, 30 May 2015 - 11:04 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6356 ChloricName

ChloricName

RIP Jared Rice (12/18/14)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

So anyways, I need two more guns. An ar-15, and a bolt action hunting gun. My dad and I have really had our minds set on the sig 556, because we have a few sigs and we really like them. however, we know even less about hunting rifles, What is the most common hunting caliber, to really stop an animal. and what companies would you recommend?

#6357 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

Hunting Rifle... If your going to buy a long gun and your serious about hunting and long range shooting you are going to be spending more money on optics than you will a rifle. 

Its worth looking at both the Remington Model 700 and Winchester Model 70 and I assume you are looking at taking White Tail or Elk or well anything aside from maybe moose not sure at the ranges your looking to hunt at.

Callibers to look at would be 

.270 Winchester

.308 Winchester

30.06 Springfield

.300 Winchester Magnum 

Optics.... Leopold or nothing. 

As for the AR. The Sig 556 is a nice platform but IMO its overpriced and Piston Ar's are unnecessary for your average shooter. Buy a nice Colt LE6920 and call it a day. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6358 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:38 PM

If you're looking for an AR with parts interchangability, the Sig is not the rifle you want. There are a thousand companies that do AR's well these days. I'm partial to Spikes Tactical, because they use good parts at a reasonable price. You can get designer AR's that'll cost you a couple grand, but they won't really shoot any better. At least not that you'd notice. If you're looking for an AR based rifle that's been designed to be the next evolutionary step, I recommend having a look at the Ruger SR-556.

The recommended bolt guns above are great mid range choices. If youre looking to spend more on match grade precision, a buddy of mine has a Thompson/Center Icon that rocks my socks. Any of the offerings from Kimber would fit this bill as well. If you're looking to spend less money, go no further than Savage.

As for that "Leupold or nothing" comment, I call bullcrap. The Nikon on my AR is every bit the scope the Leupold on my dad's 308 is, and at half the price. Hell, if you really want a bargain, Redfield scopes are made in the same factory by the same guys as Leupold, but come in at bargain basement prices.

Edited by Corrupted355, 20 July 2015 - 11:48 PM.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
my markers

#6359 ChloricName

ChloricName

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

Building a 308 did yo. Gone be lit.

#6360 ChloricName

ChloricName

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

M1A or remington 700. Both 308. 

#6361 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,986 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:10 PM

Going glass or no glass? Glass I'd go the 700, no glass I'd go the M1A. My personal preference will always be the M1A, as I think it looks better, but if you want to put an optic on it then go with the 700.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users