6354 replies to this topic

#6351 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

I figure it's just like any other gun: practice, practice, practice, before you carry it. Enough practice and hopefully you get used to it. Obviously it's not meant for everybody, I personally would want something bigger than a .380, but some people are okay with pocket carrying a small gun.

And im not one of them give me a compact or full size any day

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6352 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

So I apprently have a fetish for alloy-framed, DA/SA, decocker-only 9mm's, as I just bought myself a Ruger P89DC to go with my Sig P226.

So far, I really like it. Yes, it's big, bulky, and incredibly boring looking, but it's actually got some really nice features.
Aside from the slide catch, it's completely ambidextrous (unlike the Sig).

The controls seem a bit more intuitively placed than the Sig (Really, Sig? Slide release behind the decocker?).
The trigger is almost as nice as the Sig's (It's a little longer and the DA is slightly heavier. A lighter hammer spring should help fix weight).
It's pretty damn comfy to hold with the Hogue grips, even with my dainty little hands.
It's overbuilt and reliable. ("AK of the handgun world" comes to mind)
It's got some pretty decent accuracy. Not as good as the Sig, but definitely up to par with many other popular 9mm's.
And best of all, it was half the price of my Sig that I bought used and 1/3 of the price of a new one.

This guy will now be my traveling and camping companion so my Sig can stay nice and pretty in her case.
I think I may even upgrade to a set of XS Big Dot sights on it.

Honestly, this is now what I'll be recommending to guys wanting a gun in the $300 range and aren't too picky about looks, as I feel it's more than worth that price for what you get.

IMG_1612.jpg

Edited by Antonious, 30 May 2015 - 08:38 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6353 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

So I apprently have a fetish for alloy-framed, DA/SA, decocker-only 9mm's, as I just bought myself a Ruger P89DC to go with my Sig P226.

So far, I really like it. Yes, it's big, bulky, and incredibly boring looking, but it's actually got some really nice features.
Aside from the slide catch, it's completely ambidextrous (unlike the Sig).

The controls seem a bit more intuitively placed than the Sig (Really, Sig? Slide release behind the decocker?).
The trigger is almost as nice as the Sig's (It's a little longer and the DA is slightly heavier. A lighter hammer spring should help fix weight).
It's pretty damn comfy to hold with the Hogue grips, even with my dainty little hands.
It's overbuilt and reliable. ("AK of the handgun world" comes to mind)
It's got some pretty decent accuracy. Not as good as the Sig, but definitely up to par with many other popular 9mm's.
And best of all, it was half the price of my Sig that I bought used and 1/3 of the price of a new one.

This guy will now be my traveling and camping companion so my Sig can stay nice and pretty in her case.
I think I may even upgrade to a set of XS Big Dot sights on it.

Honestly, this is now what I'll be recommending to guys wanting a gun in the $300 range and aren't too picky about looks, as I feel it's more than worth that price for what you get.

IMG_1612.jpg

What are the holster options like

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6354 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,980 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't give a hoot about stuff being ambidextrous? I'm right handed, I don't try and do any fancy shooting with my left hand, so if the gun controls don't work with my left hand then it doesn't bother me. I don't know, I just don't understand all the hype about ambidextrous stuff.

#6355 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

There's actually quite a few out there from companies like BladeTech, DeSantis, Galco, and Bianchi.
I currently have a Don Hume in the mail for mine.
And ambidextrous controls would be important for lefties. I'm right handed so it doesn't bother me too much, but I have a buddy who's a lefty and hates when things aren't ambi or able to convert to left hand. Trying to operate a right handed mag release or safety lever is really awkward for him and would be a deal-breaker for him.

Edited by Antonious, 30 May 2015 - 11:04 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)