• Please log in to reply
5998 replies to this topic

#4201 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

I don't think I'll even need one, let alone two, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

One is better than none, and NO ONE can foresee the future.

I do as close as I can to carrying here, I keep a handgun in it's box in my truck with 3 full mags and when I go into work I bring the whole thing.
Technically I can fanny-pack carry due to the relatively simple transportation laws here, but it isn't the wisest thing to do and from what I hear most cops will arrest first, settle later, and most likely confiscate the weapon indefinitely and I can't afford that.

Yeah, I wouldn't do anything risky, gun-wise in Illinois. They're way too anti-gun to even think about doing something at the edges of the law. I highly doubt they'd care if you found a loophole and used it, they'd still do their best to make your life a living hell and to try and use you as an example as to why guns are such horrible evil things that need to be destroyed.

#4202 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image

you know you want one. a Bolt Action rifle that uses AR mags, and is built around using 5.56 NATO Surplus rounds. B)

#4203 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'd be more interested in this monstrosity.

Posted Image

But I love how they used the high-cap mag in the bolt-action rifle pictured, simply ridiculous :lol:

Edited by Watcher, 21 March 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4204 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'd be more interested in this monstrosity.

Posted Image

But I love how they used the high-cap mag in the bolt-action rifle pictured, simply ridiculous :lol:

Calibers? Cuz I want.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
my markers

#4205 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Calibers? Cuz I want.

I think only .30-30 Win right now.

Tippmann Tech

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4206 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Price?

#4207 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

I dunno. Looking at it now, it looks like the lowered comb of the stock would increase muzzle rise and felt recoil. I don't think I like that.
my markers

#4208 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

I dunno. Looking at it now, it looks like the lowered comb of the stock would increase muzzle rise and felt recoil. I don't think I like that.

It's not made to be serious, it can't be.

It's a "tacticool" setup.
"Check it, my cowboy action 30-30 has a laser, tac-light, forgrip, car-stock, flash suppressor, and fire-sights B) What about you?"
"Um, it has a wooden stock... and it's a Marlin... :unsure:"

:lol:

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4209 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Sorry, I think I'll take the one with the wooden stock and a set of peep sights. Probably in 45 Colt.
my markers

#4210 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Sorry, I think I'll take the one with the wooden stock and a set of peep sights. Probably in 45 Colt.

Yeah, I've got my Marlin 39A and that is good enough for me.
I'm planning on getting a Skinner peep-sight for it.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4211 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Sad part is, Mossberg has sold quite a few of those "Tacticool" 30-30's

#4212 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

What's wrong with 30-30?

#4213 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Because of the characteristic flat nose, it looses steam after about 200 yards. Even with Hornady's LEVERevolution flexible pointed tips, the effective range isn't up to snuff for other rifle calibers. Even with a ballistically ideal bullet, .30-30 is still a low pressure, relatively low velocity cartridge. Hell, the new 460 S&W Magnum pistol cartridge puts up WAY better numbers than .30-30.

IMO, if you're stuck with a heavy slow moving bullet, why not choose something with a straight wall cartridge that's easier to reload and cheaper to buy outright. Hence, I'd choose 45 Colt. Or even better, 454 Casull if you can find one. If any lever action could hold up to the pressures made by the 460 Mag, I'd want one of those.
my markers

#4214 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Oh, well why did they even invent the round in the first place if it sucks? And why make a rifle in that caliber?

#4215 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Winchester invented the round in 1895, and called it the .30 Winchester Center Fire (WCF). Marlin started manufacturing the round, but refused to put the Winchester name on the headstamp, instead calling it .30-30 for the caliber and the number of grains of smokeless powder it took. At the time, it was pretty damn good. Just about the only thing on this continent that had more punch was 45-70 Government. They didn't have the metallurgy we have now, so they couldn't load cartridges with pressures that went too high, or they'd have case failures.

The reason it remains very popular is because you don't need much power to take whitetail if your shot placement is good. Since most whitetail are taken in woods and brush at distances usually much closer than 200 yards, .30-30 is as much energy as you need. So if you don't need anything bigger, why would you punish yourself with the recoil of a harder hitting cartridge like 30-06?

Today we have much better metallurgy than we used to. .30-30 cannot exceed 38,000 CUP (copper units of pressure) because that's its design criteria. The weapons chambered in that caliber are not designed to handle any higher pressure. If you go just ten years later, you find that the 30-06 cartridge is capable of reaching 50,000 CUP. Today, there are cartridges that fire loads so hot they can melt the brass case. Something like the 7.82 Warbird can reach pressures well over 65,000 CUP. That 460 Magnum handgun cartridge I was talking about earlier is capable of handling up to 65,000 CUP, but is typically loaded down around 55,000 CUP for safety and reliable extraction.

Edited by Corrupted355, 22 March 2012 - 11:58 AM.

my markers

#4216 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Well that all does make sense. So when are you going to be picking up that dune buggy? We need to go hit a shooting range so you can give me some pointers, and one of your less used handguns. :P

#4217 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm not gonna be able to get that dune buggy. The front left suspension on my truck tore free on the way to work last week, and made a big ol mess. Long story short, I need to buy a new ride. It's about time anyway; that old Suburban had over 400,000 miles on it.
my markers

#4218 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

have to remember, the 30-30 has taken more deer then any other cartridge probably combine. ;)

Edited by Panda Man, 22 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#4219 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Just enjoying this beautiful day here in South West Wyoming with my Ruger 10/22. :wub:

Edited by Panda Man, 22 March 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#4220 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

have to remember, the 30-30 has taken more deer then any other cartridge probably combine. ;)

Which is the main contributing factor to why it's still around. I also recently learned that it's incredibly popular in Russia for hog and black bear.
my markers

#4221 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm not gonna be able to get that dune buggy. The front left suspension on my truck tore free on the way to work last week, and made a big ol mess. Long story short, I need to buy a new ride. It's about time anyway; that old Suburban had over 400,000 miles on it.

Wow, 400,000 miles, nice. Maybe you can sell it off for parts and make some money off of it to put towards whatever new ride you buy.

#4222 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

I'm gonna see what I can salvage off the thing and try and piece together a mudbuggy.
my markers

#4223 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

So I have a question can a eotech be used with one eye when I keep both eyes open I see two targets that would be fine if there was two targets
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#4224 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

So I have a question can a eotech be used with one eye when I keep both eyes open I see two targets that would be fine if there was two targets

Don't focus on the reticule, focus on the target. You should see one target, and due to your binocular vision it should "superimpose" the reticule onto the target. It's the same way you use a red-dot by design, and even ACOGs are meant to be sighted this way.
It is the designed function of the optic, as a combat sight it is meant to increase speed and environmental awareness by allowing you to keep all of your peripheral vision. You don't achieve either of those by closing one eye, so you should learn how to use the sights correctly.
It may take a bit of practice to get the muscle memory of the weapon down, and it will take time to learn not to change your eye focus from the target to the front sight/reticule, but it pays off in that style of optic.

But, to answer your question, yes you can use an Eotech with one eye open... Just don't expect a lot of precision.

Actually, you will be better in the long run learning to shoot with both eyes open. Anything from open-sights to magnified optics can be shot both eyes open, and it's easier on your eyes and muscles and usually quicker to acquire targets.
I can shoot both eyes open with optics, and I can do it with open-sights on rifles, but for some reason I have difficulty doing it with handguns.
Something I have to make a note of to work on next time I'm at the range.

Edited by Watcher, 23 March 2012 - 02:47 AM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4225 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

So when it comfs to an eotech stop trying to do whats easy and learn to do it right
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#4226 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

... stop trying to do whats easy and learn to do it right

That's how life in general should be lived. The best you can ask for when taking shortcuts is a hollow victory. But usually it ends in disaster.
my markers

#4227 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

So, anyone wanna see what a 10/22 looks like after 1,000 rounds?

#4228 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

whats it look like

#4229 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Given that 1000 rounds of .22 is not that much for any gun really... your 10/22 should just look like a 10/22 that's a bit dirty.
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#4230 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Given that 1000 rounds of .22 is not that much for any gun really... your 10/22 should just look like a 10/22 that's a bit dirty.

+1

If it was 10,000 maybe we'd have something. 1000 rounds of anything really isn't that much, I shoot on average half of that in one few-hour trip to the range. Just today I shot 450 rounds of .22lr through my Browning Buckmark.

I'm planning to go outdoor this summer and shoot everything I've got and I want to have 1000 each of .45 and 9mm, I want about 1000 of 7.62x54r, maybe 500 16gauge shells, and I'll be bringing about 5000 in .22 to split up between my 39A, Buckmark, and 77/22.

Speaking of which, I got my Ruger 77/22 today! Yay!

Pics later, I'm doing the preliminary clean and scope mounting right now.

Edited by Watcher, 23 March 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4231 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

If the 7.62 is going through a Mosin, you're gonna be feeling it pretty bad. Especially if it's an M44. After just 100 rounds of that stuff, I'm ready to go home.
my markers

#4232 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

If the 7.62 is going through a Mosin, you're gonna be feeling it pretty bad. Especially if it's an M44. After just 100 rounds of that stuff, I'm ready to go home.

M44 and a 91/30.

Meh, I ain't afraid of any shoulder bruises :lol:

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4233 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Your shoulder and the palm of your right hand from smacking that bolt handle around. I recommend bringing a piece of 2x4.
my markers

#4234 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Your shoulder and the palm of your right hand from smacking that bolt handle around. I recommend bringing a piece of 2x4.

Well, seeing how I deburred, polished, and lubed the chamber/bolt properly and made the actions as smooth as Russian actions can get, I don't think that'll be necessary. :tup:

Pictures do no justice, and I wish my camera would focus consistently...

Posted Image

Ruger 77/22 in .22LR, varmint version with the 24" heavy stainless barrel, grey coating, and laminate stock.

Right now there's a decent scope on it, but it's a Crosman Airgun scope... I want one of these but can't afford it yet 'cause the rifle itself set me pretty far back...

Probably gonna go shoot it tomorrow, sight it in, do some plinkin', break in the barrel/trigger/action.

Best part is that it takes 10/22 mags, but it's built like a M77. The thing is SOLID!

Edited by Watcher, 23 March 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4235 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Well, seeing how I deburred, polished, and lubed the chamber/bolt properly and made the actions as smooth as Russian actions can get, I don't think that'll be necessary. :tup:

So did I. I still want a hammer after 100 rounds.
my markers

#4236 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

challenge accepted... I will try and push it to 10,000. :ph34r:

#4237 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

Yay! Not enough guns, I need a safe...

Posted Image

Ruger 77/22 VBZ
Marlin 39A
1942 Mosin Nagant M91/30
1944 MN M44
J.C.Higgins (SEARS Roebuck) 16G bolt-shotgun
Browning Buckmark "Standard"
Taurus PT1911 .45
Ruger SR9

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4238 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Do you like your sr9? I love mine and have no problems with it. Close to 2500 rounds through it.
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#4239 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Do you like your sr9? I love mine and have no problems with it. Close to 2500 rounds through it.

Outstanding.
Haven't hit 1000 yet, but it's been 100% and accurate. Couldn't be happier with it.
If they ever make an SR45 I think I'd buy it.

I've really taken a liking to Ruger stuff. High quality instruments at a good price in most cases, and lifetime warranty made in USA. You really can't go wrong, especially in the modern production stuff.
I definitely want a Mini-30, right now a 10/22 doesn't really appeal to me but it may in the future, for a hunting rifle I'd get an M77, and I'm thinking about an SP-101 for my first revolver.
If I ever live somewhere more firearm friendly I'd probably get a SR-556 as well.
First impression of their SR1911 wasn't as I'd have expected, but I want to look at one again and see how I like it.

Edited by Watcher, 26 March 2012 - 02:19 AM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4240 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Stag has a .22 conversion for the AR-15 in left hand for 220$ I will take two please

#4241 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

havnt been very active in here lately... been busy witht he family and such... but, in the coming weeks i may be getting my hands on a Sig516.... that being said, it may be at the cost of selling all my PB gear... as the optic i want is almost 1800... then factory in a couple hundred for a nice weapon light, 250 for a ubr stock, and a 10 pack of magpul p-mags... will post pics as soon as i get the thing....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#4242 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

FUUUU!!! Ruger I really wanted to get a Crossover, you Bastards! :wub:

#4243 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

FUUUU!!! Ruger I really wanted to get a Crossover, you Bastards! :wub:

I think I just found my truck gun...

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4244 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Okay guys, I'd like to get another firearm, preferably a rifle. Something in 7.62 (I don't make a lot and that ammo is dirt cheap).

I could get a Mosin Nagant, I'm not sure about getting parts for it though.

So is there any cheaper bolt action 7.62's or semi autos? I'd consider a 5.56 possibly.

And if I chose a shotgun it's be a tactical mossberg of some sort.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#4245 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

New Gun! Sorry, the picture quality isn't great. I took it to the range yesterday to zero it and that comp absolutely kills the recoil. I may as well have been shooting .22lr.Posted Image

Edited by schnips, 28 March 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#4246 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Okay guys, I'd like to get another firearm, preferably a rifle. Something in 7.62 (I don't make a lot and that ammo is dirt cheap).

So is there any cheaper bolt action 7.62's or semi autos? I'd consider a 5.56 possibly.

And if I chose a shotgun it's be a tactical mossberg of some sort.

There's 7.62x39 and there's 7.62x54R. Which one are you talking about? The Mosin Nagant shoots the 7.62x54R round, and its just about The only thing left that does. The AK-47 and its ilk shoot the 7.62x39 round, which is also fired by a plethora of other rifles, including the Garand-based Ruger Mini-30. The fact that the Mini-30 is based on the M1 speaks volumes in my eyes, even though the round itself is not my favorite caliber.
my markers

#4247 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

7.62x39. Should have been more specific :P But I'd prefer to stay under $400 since I can't shoot much
Feedback 10/0/0

#4248 Corrupted355

Corrupted355

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Then you're looking for a 22. I emphatically recommend the Marlin 795 (or the 60 if you don't mind a tube magazine) over the standard Ruger 10/22.
my markers

#4249 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

Don't get confused on caliber. The Mosin Nagant rifles shoot 7.62x54r, which is a rather large cartridge that around me sells for about $9 for 20.

The SKS, a cheap semi-auto rifle of similar descent, fires 7.62x39 which is a smaller, less powerful round more commonly available for around $15 for 50.

As far as cheap, rugged rifles go, the Mosin Nagant M91/30 is the best. They are plentiful and usually sell for around $100, you really can't get cheaper in a surplus firearm.
As far as parts being available, seeing the sheer availability of the rifles themselves parts are abundant. You just gotta look online, plenty of people sell Mosin stuff. At the worst, hock your broken one (can they even break?) for cheap and drop another $100 on a newer 91/30.

I have a 91/30 that cost me (you guessed it) $100, and I also have a M44 (the smaller carbine Mosin) that cost me $215 but it's arguably a lot cooler. Both are fantastic rifles, and are hella fun to shoot.

If a bolt-gun isn't your thing, the Russian and/or Chinese made SKS is relatively common. I want to say they are going between $250-$300 around here, they shoot a more commonly available cartridge than the Mosin rifles, and one would say they are more practical as a do-everything rifle than a bolt-gun.

Whatever you choose, if you go Surplus be prepared to gear up with cleaning supplies. Cosmoline is fun to clean ;)

Edited by Watcher, 28 March 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#4250 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

The 91/30 shoots a 7.62x54r?

I like bolt actions, but I have no problem with semi auto. And I'd like a bigger caliber since I do hunt, but I want a cheaper round.
Feedback 10/0/0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users