• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:49 PM

as some of u guys might know from reading my posts earlier this week, im planning to get a prophecy. but this is about the rotor i have right now,

do u guys think the rotor feels odd on top of ur marker? cause mine feels so heavy on my etek3LT, top heavy, when i lean the top to the side it feels like the feed neck might snap(i know that wont happen) it just feels weird to me.

wat do u guys think about it.

#2 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

The rotor is smaller than the prophecy and all loaders will feel top heavy because they are on top of the gun.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#3 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

The rotor is smaller than the prophecy and all loaders will feel top heavy because they are on top of the gun.

well when i tried out the etek3 on display (before buy mine) i asked to check it out with the prophecy and that felt alot lighter than the rotor.

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

It's because the rotor is made of thick, durable plastic.

#5 rockout918

rockout918

Forum Storyteller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

That sounds kinda odd. The Prophecy and Rotor are similar in weight and size. The Prophecy is a bit lighter, but it shouldn't be as noticeable as you're describing. I don't have a problem with my Rotor. Maybe it's just the balance of the parts inside of it?

Then again, the Rotor is just barely smaller than the Prophecy, yet it's just barely heavier. The weight:size ratio might be enough to notice.
CLICK for more stories on my Tumblr When in doubt google it! UCR class of 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/RockOut918
Haters gonna hate; Ponies gonna pwn

#6 M01R

M01R

It's using the trees!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

That sounds kinda odd. The Prophecy and Rotor are similar in weight and size. The Prophecy is a bit lighter, but it shouldn't be as noticeable as you're describing. I don't have a problem with my Rotor. Maybe it's just the balance of the parts inside of it?

Then again, the Rotor is just barely smaller than the Prophecy, yet it's just barely heavier. The weight:size ratio might be enough to notice.

I have actually noticed a big difference between weights. Nothing like an extra pound on top of your gun, but the Rotor is definitely noticeably heavier than the Prophecy.

For the size, the Rotor shouldn't weigh as much as it does imo.

You gotta be careful. Don't just go in there with hopes you'll be done in a few seconds, take time, make designs, put your name in it. Whatever. It gets the job done, and you feel good after, knowing nobodycan steal your junk, because your name is engraved in your manhair.

Sickest Gearbag Sale on TechPB! Check it out!

#7 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:37 AM

yea thats wat i thought when mike was wieghing them during his vids.

but when i went to the store and actually held the prophecy in my hand, it feels a lot lighter than the rotor. hich is odd cause they're both almost equal in durability, just that the rotor can survive a a fire, and a 2 story drop. but i dout ur gonna be doin any of that to ur loader.

#8 nycpbguy

nycpbguy

★★★★★★★★★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:52 AM

but when i went to the store and actually held the prophecy in my hand, it feels a lot lighter than the rotor. hich is odd cause they're both almost equal in durability, just that the rotor can survive a a fire, and a 2 story drop. but i dout ur gonna be doin any of that to ur loader.

i agree...i refuse to play in a burning building for a scenario where i have to jump from a 2 story building to win. 

#9 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

Having owned both the Prophecy does feel lighter. However, feel can sometimes be a mis-perception. Once you put paint in any electric loader, they will all feel the same.

#10 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

Having owned both the Prophecy does feel lighter. However, feel can sometimes be a mis-perception. Once you put paint in any electric loader, they will all feel the same.

All loaders feel about the smae with paint
Posted Image

#11 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

i just found this out. the wieght maybe the same on the scale but when u hold it the proph feels lighter and thats cause the rotor is back heavy, where as the proph's wieght is disributed equally, so thats wat makes the proph feel lighter than the rotor. plus since the rotor is bak heavy it feels heavier on the gun

#12 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,115 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:36 PM

the proph is shorter then the rotor, and if you get the 200 rd nose, the proph is also smaller with similar capacity.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#13 Hobkinz

Hobkinz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

i agree...i refuse to play in a burning building for a scenario where i have to jump from a 2 story building to win.

Lol that's great.

#14 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

the proph is shorter then the rotor, and if you get the 200 rd nose, the proph is also smaller with similar capacity.

well yea thats true. and the thing that funny is that its more balenced on ur gn than the rotor.

#15 rabidkoala

rabidkoala

charmingly amateurish

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

It's mostly because most of the prophecy's weight is in the bottom, since the shell is insanely light. I think the rotor feels more top heavy because it is almost the same weight, but the weight is distributed more evenly from top to bottom. The plastic that the shell is made of is heavier.

That's gonna get sigg'd.
nycpbguy's thoughts on the rotor's durability:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users