7 replies to this topic

#1 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

Nein, you tiny demons! NEIN!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

I wanna show some love for my home field, Alamo Paintball, outside of Young America. It's not only a great place to play, but has some of the nicest people you will ever meet working there. The owner, Brady Stender, is a great guy. His mom and dad help out at the counter, and it gives the place a family vibe. The refs (Zach, James, Skinner, Josh) are really friendly too, and make you feel at home. There are more, but I can't remember their names off the top of my head. The point is that they have a big staff out there, so you never have to worry about a lack of refs to keep the game clean.

It's field-paint only out there, which is a great thing because it helps keep costs down and makes sure that you don't have fools shooting that cheap Wal-Mart crap at you. He's also got guns, loaders, masks, tanks, and whatever else you could want for sale there. They have both Co2 and HPA (up to 4500 psi), too. Hmmm...what else is there? Oh yeah, the fields!

He's got at least four different fields...maybe five, I'm not 100% on that because I can't remember if there's a big woods and little woods or just "the woods." I think there's actually two different woods fields. But anyways, you've got the woodsball fields, a hyperball field, a speedball field, and The Alamo field. The woodsball fields are large with plenty of trees and all that to move around. Lots of vegetation. The hyperball field is still in the woods, but it's more open than the woodsball fields, so it's less about "can I see that guy" and more about "how do I get over to that guy without getting shot?" The speedball field is also really nice. I don't know exactly what kind of tournament setup he uses, but his bunkers are big and there are lots of them. There's a giant X-bunker in the middle, so does that make it X-ball? I don't know. There's good grass there, so you can slide all you want. But let me tell you about the field's namesake, The Alamo.

The Alamo field is centered around a big fort that's set up in the middle of a clearing. There are trees encircling the fort, and tall grass leading right up to the walls. Now, when I started going there the grass was already grown up high enough that you could crawl through it and not be seen...but when the snow falls and kills it, I guess it takes it a month or two to get that high again in the spring. There's still cover all over the place leading up to the fort, though. Barrels and pallets, that kind of thing. But probably the coolest part about it is how there are these ditches that run like hidden roads up to the fort. Like I said, when the grass gets tall, it gets crazy. You're sitting in the fort looking around and can't see a thing, even though you know there are people crawling around a stone's throw away. Fortunately, the fort has a tower for players to keep an eye on the opposition...but it requires teamwork to be of any use because if you've got a guy up there who thinks he's a sniper and isn't calling out enemies, you're going to get people running up on your wall and bunkering the whole team. It's a total blast, though. Depending on the number of people playing on the field at once, the defenders can have a roamer or two, and roamers are players who are allowed to leave the fort and hunt the hunters. It's great because it keeps things interesting on both sides.

What else can I say? If you've got any questions about the field go ahead and ask here and I'll give you whatever info I have...or you can check it out for yourself at Alamo Paintball.

Hope to see you guys out there in the Spring!!

Posted Image

Grammar Nazi Fuhrer : LL3 Soulja : Eleven Percenter

#2 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,119 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

the alamo field is the best.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#3 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

You play out there, CP?

Posted Image

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,119 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

its a LONG drive for me, but im friends with MikeyB, so i head down there from time to time.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 VibePower17

VibePower17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

haha this is a noob question but if u have a small 13ci 3k hpa for pump or what have you.. do you need to seperate compressors to fill it a 3k and a 4.5k so the 4.5k doesnt overfill it? in other words if all they have is a 4.5k can they fill a 3k.. lol i think they can just wondering

thanks

#6 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

Bit of a necro-post, but yeah, they can fill it just fine.

Posted Image

#7 VibePower17

VibePower17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

I will be there on the 16th of may.. anyone else?

#8 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

I will. A friend of mine is bringing some guys out from his job on the 16th, so there should be a good sized group.

Edited by PrometheanFlame, 12 May 2009 - 03:31 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users