Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Does anybody know any teams that will be using 50 cal guns this season

#2 kyag77

kyag77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

The ironmen were big supporter, so were dynasty and the naughty dogs but as we can see they wont be shooting 50 cal

Its a weekday. I wake up and go to school. I get teased for being weird. I know every anwser to the test but decide to forget them. I get turned down for a date. I get home, listen to people screaming constantly. My brother is crying because he lost his game, my mom blames me and tells me to find it even though I never tuched it. I go to bed after eating fried food I hate. I go to sleep to repeat the cycle. Now its a weekend. I show up to the field. For the next 5 hours Im a god.

#3 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

50 Cal. is still working its way in popularity...

#4 CAW58

CAW58

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

I think .50 cal is dead... But thats just me. They are easily affected by wind and drop faster. Why would you want that?
KPS PAINTBALL---http://www.kpspaintball.com/ Don't buy an Axe buy a DM9.

Bob would be like...
"Theres alweys vurr-ebles wen huntin dehr...... thats why my rifle is cumpleete air flow... and da angel are at angles"
-Proxydust

#5 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

I think .50 cal is dead... But thats just me. They are easily affected by wind and drop faster. Why would you want that?

I would only use them for woodsball because they go through smaller holes in brush and there isnt much of a breeze in the woods. I dont think they drop much faster though considering they are shot the same speed as regular .68 cal but are lighter so will fly farther.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#6 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

I dont think they drop much faster though considering they are shot the same speed as regular .68 cal but are lighter so will fly farther.

you don't have the firmest grasp on the laws of physics, do you?

Edited by riddler, 31 March 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#7 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

i don't really think a professional would show off on their spyders or splat-o-matics because they're the only companies that i know that make .50 caliber. maybe in a few decades when planet eclipse makes a new .50 marker called the etek 16 .50 am or something.

Edited by kevodevil, 02 April 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#8 spaz24

spaz24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

i don't really think a professional would show off on their spyders or splat-o-matics because they're the only companies that i know that make .50 caliber. maybe in a few decades when planet eclipse makes a new .50 marker called the etek 16 .50 am or something.

PE does have a 50 kit for the ego dont they?
etek 3 lt
invert too (soon to be pinokio)
crossfire 68/4500

#9 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

Our field (Pevs Paintball) in Virginia just got 50 cal paint and 50 cal guns.
Impuse, 50 Nano, ect!

#10 whitelightning

whitelightning

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

until you've shot a .50 cal gun don't buy into what all the people are saying that they don't fly farther, they can easily blow in the wind they don't break easy. use one and then rate them.

#11 Draft

Draft

Black Metall Kommando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:54 AM

I don't see it catching on. If it was such a great idea, why weren't they introduced earlier?

If you look on actionvillage Paint and markers are much cheaper. The markers are basically Smart Parts guns converted to .50, and cost a hundred or so less.

If you're going to play tournament...yeah, paint is much cheaper and probably saves a lot on air.

Michigan 'Baller #32
Task Force 68 - CPT - Michigan Wraith Battalion XO
My gearbag sale (Venomwear, Empire, Signed gear!)

#12 chadders

chadders

brb getting more tea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

i know that joy are playing with .50 cal in one of the leagues
uk field list http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=122343 (work in progress) [Yankee Paintball] Mine's a little bigger then cute
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=146647 my mod app, help me help you(if you want if not then have a good day)

bit its a karnivor... only way to make it look good is to cut it up, lol

win

#13 X Ray

X Ray

I can see through you

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

A lot of people easily dismiss 50 cal, just think that you can shoot 50 cal a t 450 then it would probably go almost if not just as far as the 68 cal. As far as dropping goes take a bowling ball and a paintball drop them from the same height at the same time and you will see the hit the floor at the same time. Most important is that Spyder is behind it... some might lol about this but they make/sell more guns than Dye, PE, DP combined, one of every 4 players start out with Spyders, and just think if they start selling this at Walmart how many new young players will buy them because they don't know the industry standard, in turn this players will grow and have a different opinion of .50 cal than we do. Of course this will take time (may be years) and I don't think is dying or dead. The only thing about it that intrigues me is the faster speeds, (it would make it harder to dodge).

I don't care ether way I will play pball regardless .68 or .50 but I definitely not dismiss it just yet.

Posted Image

#14 CAW58

CAW58

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

until you've shot a .50 cal gun don't buy into what all the people are saying that they don't fly farther, they can easily blow in the wind they don't break easy. use one and then rate them.

The tech at my shop did. He is a trust worthy guy and he told me that when he started shooting at targets that werent in the tiny range at world cup last year, they would drop and get more affected by the wind.
KPS PAINTBALL---http://www.kpspaintball.com/ Don't buy an Axe buy a DM9.

Bob would be like...
"Theres alweys vurr-ebles wen huntin dehr...... thats why my rifle is cumpleete air flow... and da angel are at angles"
-Proxydust

#15 betasniper

betasniper

Self Proclaimed Mechanical Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

Software that is very accurate has indicated that 50cal will be more affected by air resistance, wind resistance, and rotational forces. This means that if a 50cal paintball was spun in random directions when exiting a barrel, then the paintball would curve much more unpredictable than a 68cal will. This could be benificial if there were a 50cal apex tip as the paint will be better at dive bombing and curving around trees.

╔══╗╔╗────────╔═╗───╔╦╗Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused
║╬╬╠╝╚╦═╦══╦╦═╣╚╬╦╦╦╣║║
║╔╗╠╗╔╣╬║║║║║╠╬╗║─╣║║║║
╚╝╚╝╚╝╚═╩╩╩╩╩═╩═╩╩╩═╩╩╝
Mechanical Engineer(working on a degree in college) and Machinist(Riverside Community College Norco)

#16 OMGPaintball

OMGPaintball

Navy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

what's wrong with spyders?

#17 nowan4ever

nowan4ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

they are very unreliable and use parts that arent standard to the paintall industry mike made a video of it on techpb's youtube channel

#18 BURN177

BURN177

super man that ho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

I would only use them for woodsball because they go through smaller holes in brush and there isnt much of a breeze in the woods. I dont think they drop much faster though considering they are shot the same speed as regular .68 cal but are lighter so will fly farther.

they would also work better in xball for front players to have lighter setups with more paint. if you can keep their heads down longer you have a better chance. also you can rope like hell if your a back player. not as much range but still you can make it work.

#19 Doyle

Doyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

Great for rentals and fields to really be able to enforce field paint only with private groups but to think you could compete at pro level with .50 cal is just absured, you'd be sacraficing distance & break size.. two things you simply cannot give up. None of the positive things .50 cal offers are anything that a competive team cares about. The cost difference is so small when you consider entry fees & travel expenses, being able to carry more paint really doesn't matter, and competive players dont care about pain factor for their opponents.

.50 cal was never marketed towards teams nor will it ever be. its an attempt to make it cheaper & easier for newer players to get into the sport

NkdMangina on Pbnation, Doyle on Mcarterbrown, SCSUDoyle17 on YouTube, DoylesPaintball on eBay

Team Zero Sponsored by: Vintage Paintball Park, Empire Paintball, DoylesPaintball.com & LLPaintball.com
2nd Place Pump Division - Chicago NPPL 2011

#20 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

I dont think that .50 cal is legal in PSP or NPPL yet. Its not popular enuf and nobody has pushed for it too much in an XBALL setting. Plus its not good for xball. It drops too fast. U cant shoot half way across the field with it. Its good for up close and personal woodsball and senario play because of its high rates of fire
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#21 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

they are very unreliable and use parts that arent standard to the paintall industry mike made a video of it on techpb's youtube channel

that WAS true now with the new pilot and electra thats not ture at all they are both bullet proof reliable and use industry standard parts
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#22 Spitfireee

Spitfireee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Gi milsim makes 50 cal tournament markers.. The impulse50 for example..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users