5 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

wow, besides the OLED board & trigger, and the fact that the droid bolt doesn't have a screw through it

But what are the differences between the Droid and Clone?

Anyone own both?

#2 xMTx

xMTx

It's electric!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

I don't own both but this is what I'm finding off a release thread:

Different milling, makes it 13% lighter
425% more valve flow
60% less valve drag
12% shorter drivetrain
No use of tools to remove drivetrain
RX2 Gladiator Reg
Same frame as RX (Has OLED, and moved the pivot point on trigger foward)
RX Feedneck
Comes with Shift barrel
More effcient(?)

Hope that helps, this is stuff the Clone has that the Droid doesn't.

Edited by xMTx, 16 February 2010 - 01:06 AM.

Timmy Militia | Elite Gun Owners Club | Planet Eclipse Gewn Owners Club | FEP Quest Owners Club

#3 Blastman

Blastman

Super Awesome Amazing Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:37 AM

Ok, well Ive owned a Droid, and shot/played a day and put about a case through a Clone, and heres what I noticed.

Improvements from the Droid on the Clone:

Oled Board-New programming

New Pivot point placement on the trigger-actually feels preety damn nice

Light as hell-seriously, feels as light as a Geo or my old Sl8r

RX frame-has the same thinn= frame as the RX, with the improved trigger, feels GREAT in the hands

Smooth-HOLY SHIT, I shot the Clone next to my Dm9 and the clone was smoother by a pretty good amount, AMAZING shot, better then the Droid

Tooless drive train(bolt) removal-It just screws out, beats the hell out of the P.I.T.A Droid drive train removal

Efficient-I was told by the Clone's owner that he was getting around 1500 shots with the Clone, which isnt yet broken in(over on the nation, the sentiment is around 1700 when fully broken in)

Great barrel stock-My personal favorite barrel kit so far, the Shift, the inserts actually are what attach the 2 pieces of the barrel, and extend from where the two pieces attach to the marker.

Droid/RX triger compatibility-You can still use the RX/Droid and Droid Violent products trigger on the gun

Small-Feels nice and small in the hands, great gun fighting marker, I loved it playing front dorito and snake

Natural point of aim-A true point and shoot marker, shot where I wanted it to, everytime.

Ergonomics-DK says this makes me sound like a fool, but its my opinion so he can shutup, I think the frame feels more comfortable than the NT's frame, and the overallergonomics on the gun superior to the luxe for running and gunning, just a real balanced marker.

Quiet-This thing is quieter than the Droid, not as quiet as a Luxe or Dm9, but pretty damn close.

Handles cold weather great-I live in Ohio, and it was around 20 when I took it outside to the outdoor field to see how it shoots in the cold and I had ZERO problems.

After having owned most highend guns on the market, and playing a couple of games with an NT, I would have to put this as the nicest gun I have ever shot or played with, its really a spool valve marker with all the positives of a spoolie without the drawbacks of a spoolie(Gas hog, FSDO, cold weather issues), yes I realize that what I just said is what P.E said about the Geo(but didnt really deliver, but thats a different rant ;D ), but I think I can accurately say that about the Clone, its smoother then my Dm9, as efficent as a poppit, like a an Ego, and as comrfotable and ergonomic as a Luxe or NT.

And yes Im buying one, I get a pretty nice discount on Macdev, and I have a Clear Clone waiting for me.

And just and FYI, the clear is a Dust White color, and gorgeous, and I have a hookup at annodizeworld, Im getting the parts annoed Dust Black.

If you are debating whether to get one, then I would definetly say HELL YES, great gun you wont be dissapointed, and if you are getting them at dealer price like me, you can get a sick anno for less than the price of a new one.

Clone gets Blastman's ultimate gun of the year award Posted Image

Edited by Blastman, 16 February 2010 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image
OG Club-For the real TechPBers.

#4 jdlarson11

jdlarson11

Uber Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

Ok, well Ive owned a Droid, and shot/played a day and put about a case through a Clone, and heres what I noticed.

Improvements from the Droid on the Clone:

Oled Board-New programming

New Pivot point placement on the trigger-actually feels preety damn nice

Light as hell-seriously, feels as light as a Geo or my old Sl8r

RX frame-has the same thinn= frame as the RX, with the improved trigger, feels GREAT in the hands

Smooth-HOLY SHIT, I shot the Clone next to my Dm9 and the clone was smoother by a pretty good amount, AMAZING shot, better then the Droid

Tooless drive train(bolt) removal-It just screws out, beats the hell out of the P.I.T.A Droid drive train removal

Efficient-I was told by the Clone's owner that he was getting around 15 pods with the Clone, which isnt yet broken in(over on the nation, the sentiment is around 17 when fully broken in)

Great barrel stock-My personal favorite barrel kit so far, the Shift, the inserts actually are what attach the 2 pieces of the barrel, and extend from where the two pieces attach to the marker.

Droid/RX triger compatibility-You can still use the RX/Droid and Droid Violent products trigger on the gun

Small-Feels nice and small in the hands, great gun fighting marker, I loved it playing front dorito and snake

Natural point of aim-A true point and shoot marker, shot where I wanted it to, everytime.

Ergonomics-DK says this makes me sound like a fool, but its my opinion so he can shutup, I think the frame feels more comfortable than the NT's frame, and the overallergonomics on the gun superior to the luxe for running and gunning, just a real balanced marker.

Quiet-This thing is quieter than the Droid, not as quiet as a Luxe or Dm9, but pretty damn close.

Handles cold weather great-I live in Ohio, and it was around 20 when I took it outside to the outdoor field to see how it shoots in the cold and I had ZERO problems.

After having owned most highend guns on the market, and playing a couple of games with an NT, I would have to put this as the nicest gun I have ever shot or played with, its really a spool valve marker with all the positives of a spoolie without the drawbacks of a spoolie(Gas hog, FSDO, cold weather issues), yes I realize that what I just said is what P.E said about the Geo(but didnt really deliver, but thats a different rant ;D ), but I think I can accurately say that about the Clone, its smoother then my Dm9, as efficent as a poppit, like a an Ego, and as comrfotable and ergonomic as a Luxe or NT.

And yes Im buying one, I get a pretty nice discount on Macdev, and I have a Clear Clone waiting for me.

And just and FYI, the clear is a Dust White color, and gorgeous, and I have a hookup at annodizeworld, Im getting the parts annoed Dust Black.

If you are debating whether to get one, then I would definetly say HELL YES, great gun you wont be dissapointed, and if you are getting them at dealer price like me, you can get a sick anno for less than the price of a new one.

Clone gets Blastman's ultimate gun of the year award Posted Image

Nice write up Blast, the Close looks awesome! price tag is ehhhh....

#5 Scheele

Scheele

I sell propane and propane accessories.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

I said the same thing and people looked at me like I was retarded. I'm not the biggest on the UL frames and the extra space between the frame and reg is comfy.

A bunch of guys around here are doing a large order of Clones for a nice discount. At the price we are getting them for, I can't say no.
Dirt. Army
Dirt. Apparel: all Canadian made, all dirty as fuck.
Dirt. Apparel Website is up and running. Also check out the Facebook.

#6 Blastman

Blastman

Super Awesome Amazing Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

I said the same thing and people looked at me like I was retarded. I'm not the biggest on the UL frames and the extra space between the frame and reg is comfy.

A bunch of guys around here are doing a large order of Clones for a nice discount. At the price we are getting them for, I can't say no.

Oh no, I think the NT frame is comfy as hell, but that extra space between the reg and the frame is reallly nice.
Posted Image
OG Club-For the real TechPBers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users