#1 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Sup peeps I've been missing my Quests

I had an all black with WAS crappy board then switched to an Lucky Ace board...this one came with the black coffin and .689 007 barrel, Stars&Stripes grips. Then I ordered one from FEP through 'Shrek' and got me that sweet Red/Gray combo that came in a regular box with zombies instead of the coffin with the .696 007 barrel with Lucky Spitfire board, goldmember bolt, and that removable bolt pin thingy...hehe.

Anyways I came across these two deals. Both look like their in amazing condition and the price is very good. Which one should I get in your opinion?

Black and Blue Quest
.689 007 Barrel
Hybrid rail
Hybrid 1/4 turn on/off
V2.2 Board with NOX board

or

07 Red/Black Fade Quest
Lucky Board (not sure which one yet)
CP on/off
CP Rail
Matching red barrel (doesn't look like the 007)
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#2 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

I'd go with the first one.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#3 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

The price is so low I think I'll just buy both..haha...Posted Image

#4 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

I'd go with the second one. The Lucky spitfire coding is awesome.

PS- if you don't buy them both, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I'd love to own a quest.

Posted Image

#5 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

I'd go with the second one. The Lucky spitfire coding is awesome.

PS- if you don't buy them both, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I'd love to own a quest.

hehe...will do bro...

#6 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

okay I went with the red 07 Quest because the seller for the blue OG quest wasn't really forthcoming with his info so too bad on his part.

Anyways. I've used Hater V1 when I used to own my other two Quests. Currently I only have SLEEK and Dow 55 on hand. I'm guessing Dow 55 may swell the orings too much so will SLEEK be okay? I'm planning on ordering Hater V2 and some orings. What about Hater Marmalade will that work? How about honey slick?

Edited by OOG671, 18 February 2010 - 07:43 PM.

#7 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

I can only speak for Dye's Slick lube, which works pretty well in the Quest, and MonkeyPoo which works fantastically. I won't be switching from it, and I'm getting good consistent shots with the LPR at 60psi.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#8 Fallinher0

Fallinher0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:12 AM

Sleek will work for the time being. Slick honey will allow for a lower pressure but you will need to relube much more often. Get some Hater (lube after every case or so. HATER IS WHAT WAS RECOMMENDED by FEP) or go with Lurker Lube (lasts longer).

That red 07 was cheap as hell too..

Edited by Fallinher0, 22 February 2010 - 03:12 AM.

#9 bronc

bronc

ThinAir Sports

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

Dow 33 works well - that's all Dyes lube it. Here is a secret they don't want you to know either, but you can buy some Dye lube for like $8 for a tiny tube, or go to Home Depot and get a HUGE tube of it for like $12.

I personally use Hater Sauce, but that's only because I have a giant tub of it I can't seem to use up. :P

Any dow 33 based lube should work though, it'll just change what your LPR needs to be at and you may have to lube it more or less often.

One of the next tests we're going to do, when we get some time, is to see which lube mix work best in different weather conditions. For example when it's super hot out, you can use a thicker lube and go longer without needing to relube. When it's cold, then you need a much thinner lube, but you'll need to lube after every case. I would like to include 2 lubes with the gun, one for really warm weather and one for really cold, but that's still to be seen.
Thin Air Sports - 2011 will be our year.

BroncsPaintball.com - speaking my mind since 2000

#10 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

Dow 33 works well - that's all Dyes lube it. Here is a secret they don't want you to know either, but you can buy some Dye lube for like $8 for a tiny tube, or go to Home Depot and get a HUGE tube of it for like $12.

I personally use Hater Sauce, but that's only because I have a giant tub of it I can't seem to use up. Posted Image

Any dow 33 based lube should work though, it'll just change what your LPR needs to be at and you may have to lube it more or less often.

One of the next tests we're going to do, when we get some time, is to see which lube mix work best in different weather conditions. For example when it's super hot out, you can use a thicker lube and go longer without needing to relube. When it's cold, then you need a much thinner lube, but you'll need to lube after every case. I would like to include 2 lubes with the gun, one for really warm weather and one for really cold, but that's still to be seen.

Thanks Bronc....having two types of lube is a nice feature although just providing Hater would be easier.

#11 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:52 AM

Look what came in the mail today:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,814 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

Pretty sexy, just too bad its missing some original components.

#13 bronc

bronc

ThinAir Sports

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

Dang someone sent it to you all dirty. But it's a nice 07!

If you want to get it tuned up and get it looking new again (new jewels, FEP mini gauge, purple o-rings, etc), hit up 31st Outfitters. They can make it look like new again. ;)
Thin Air Sports - 2011 will be our year.

BroncsPaintball.com - speaking my mind since 2000

#14 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

Dang someone sent it to you all dirty. But it's a nice 07!

If you want to get it tuned up and get it looking new again (new jewels, FEP mini gauge, purple o-rings, etc), hit up 31st Outfitters. They can make it look like new again. Posted Image

Just sent them an email, hopefully they won't freak that I'm from Guam...haha...first thing everyone says is shipping's gonna cost a lot and then I say nope...US territory...domestic rates...flat rate box for the win! Haha

Anyways, I can say the 07 is definitely nicer than the OG Quests that I had. The milling is nice and so where the eye covers..haha....The bolt is stock, still has the purple oring, and the board is a Lucky Ace. I'm not sure what the settings are but the LPR guage was at 75 psi when I aired it up. I fired it and it shot fine although it was pretty loud. The stock 1 piece barrel is nice but I'll probably won't be using it as I like to underbore instead. I plan on taking it to the field this weekend to see where the velocity is at. I'll probably up the LPR to 80psi and chrono to 285. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to be a little more quiet as well.

#15 eatafetus

eatafetus

Juice Boxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

hell I didnt even know they made a one-piece 007 barrel. you learn something new everyday.
Yes, I'm on the nation too. Cant we all just get along?

#16 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

Yea....I was expecting a 2 piece 007 instead. But it's red, matches the Quest anno, and has the FEP symbol etched into it. So I assume it is the stock barrel unless FEP was selling 1 pieces which I'm not aware of.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users