• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 skywalker323

skywalker323

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good backup marker, it's mainly just something else to keep in my bag for friends that want to go out and play as I keep good care of my primary gun. What's a good marker to go with that I can leave in my bag for what could be a really long time and I could just pull out, relube and go? I currently have an NXT Shocker from a trade as my backup(HE bolt, Dye asa, q-lock feedneck). The only thing I would need to do is upgrade the board if I wanted to keep it, but I'm asking because I don't know too much about shockers and have heard they can be tough when it comes to maintenance. Any suggestions? (price would be no more than $450 or around there plz)

#2 kyler

kyler

indy baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good backup marker, it's mainly just something else to keep in my bag for friends that want to go out and play as I keep good care of my primary gun. What's a good marker to go with that I can leave in my bag for what could be a really long time and I could just pull out, relube and go? I currently have an NXT Shocker from a trade as my backup(HE bolt, Dye asa, q-lock feedneck). The only thing I would need to do is upgrade the board if I wanted to keep it, but I'm asking because I don't know too much about shockers and have heard they can be tough when it comes to maintenance. Any suggestions? (price would be no more than $450 or around there plz)

well i bought my etek for 360 at paintballgateway.com and i have heard they are easy to mantain. it also comes with a free empire b. so its like gettin an etek for 300. (you have to enter "tenoff" in the coupn/code box.

p.s, i may have bad spelling cuz im typin with one hand and eatin pizza with the other
up'd pmr
dye rotor
dxs 68/45

#3 Ando

Ando

THE Craig.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

G3s are $300, ego6s vary, phantoms are in the $300 range, marq 6s go for about $400, and they are all great choices.

#4 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

A proto slg will be great for you ;) Easy to maintain and comes with several features in dyes leading guns such as the Hyper 3 regulator, and the ultralite 45' frame. It also comes with an on/off. I recomend this because of its price range. Depending on how high you want to go, it all comes to you. But I think that would be a good candiate for your needs deriving from the information you have provided me ;)

- Lucas

#5 skywalker323

skywalker323

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

so basically everyone's saying ditch the shocker? lol, that's what I thought, I have a PE Geo as my front line and I'm gonna have a go with it this weekend, if Eclipse's quality is as good as I hear, I might lean towards the Etek2. thanks for the replys, if anyone has anything else to add, be my guest.

#6 pb4bean

pb4bean

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

an old bob long timmy? the mini is great i hear. theres the pmr... the etek, or the idk haha.
What it do

#7 Cgballer

Cgballer

skitlze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

get a used 07 or 08 ego
i love monster!!!!!!!
sacramento royals!

Posted Image

#8 Rebel_816

Rebel_816

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:24 AM

i like shockers...but personally i dont like the idea of having a spool valve marker as a back up that sits for a long time. mainly because you clean it and put some fresh lube on it...then it sits in your gear bag for 2 months and when the day comes that you need it mid-day you have to stop and re-grease them again.
Cocker owners club #37

#9 skywalker323

skywalker323

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

Had a mini, not too fond of it, another spool valve would probably yeild the same result, it would need more maintenance later to stay up and running, I'll look into the 07 or 08 used ego, but not sure if I want to spend that much. I'm not a huge fan of bob long either. So far it seems like an etek2 would do well. thx again.

#10 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

Why back-up marker? I would make sure I had some nice elbow/knee pads, then mask ( If you wanted a better one) maybe a new barrel, or a back up loader. I have broken a couple of those. Maybe even another tank. But a new marker? I could find about ten other ways to spend that money besides on a marker

Edited by Josh, 24 November 2008 - 04:39 PM.

Midwest Paintball 4 Life
08 grey and fern green EGO
68 4500 Crossfire HP Tank
Velocity Jr Hopper
VForce Profiler Mask
NXE 5+4 Pack
Planet Eclipse Pants

#11 p8ntballer

p8ntballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

if you like poppet go for like a alias if you like inline poppet go for marq 6 if you like spoolie go for g3 and please just get rid of youre shocker!

#12 Rebel_816

Rebel_816

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

the mini was a poppit btw...
Cocker owners club #37

#13 skywalker323

skywalker323

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:07 AM

Why a back up marker? - It's not really for me, I would just like to have another marker around when friends want to go out and play. I've already got all the gear I need.

And yeah, I phrased that weird, I know the mini is a poppit.

#14 thepaintballkid

thepaintballkid

Farcaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:36 AM

Go cheap but a awesome gun
DM4-DM6
Their pretty cheap now and still shoot ropes.

Or just do what I did for a backup

A pump :P

#15 BobLongisGod

BobLongisGod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:13 PM

A proto slg will be great for you ;) Easy to maintain and comes with several features in dyes leading guns such as the Hyper 3 regulator, and the ultralite 45' frame. It also comes with an on/off. I recomend this because of its price range. Depending on how high you want to go, it all comes to you. But I think that would be a good candiate for your needs deriving from the information you have provided me ;)

- Lucas

there isnt an on/off on the slg only the rail
09 dxs 68/45
DYE ROTOR
Redz ego7
i4s

#16 Mora

Mora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:57 AM

protege? maybe a mini or slg or pmr

#17 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:06 AM

Why back-up marker? I would make sure I had some nice elbow/knee pads, then mask ( If you wanted a better one) maybe a new barrel, or a back up loader. I have broken a couple of those. Maybe even another tank. But a new marker? I could find about ten other ways to spend that money besides on a marker

Having a Back Up Marker is good to have around, especially when the Primary happens to crap out for some odd reason or to lend out to a friend that needs a Marker, so he/she can also play in the games.

Also not having a Back Up, what is one to do if one is unable to play....chew on paintballs in the Staging Area?

#18 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

A. Dont lend your marker to anyone, not even a friend.
B. I have been playing paintball for nine years and not once has my paintball marker went out before my hopper.
C. Point being If you take care of you marker, you will not have troubles. Something else is liable to break before your marker.
D. BUT if you have the money and just want to buy another marker go for it. Your PRO shop will thank you.
Midwest Paintball 4 Life
08 grey and fern green EGO
68 4500 Crossfire HP Tank
Velocity Jr Hopper
VForce Profiler Mask
NXE 5+4 Pack
Planet Eclipse Pants

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users