8 replies to this topic

#1 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

Has anyone used the the Critical RSF Bolt from Critical Paintball? http://www.criticalp...SFBolt&CartID=1

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#2 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

I have not, but I don't see how it could possibly be much of an upgrade. I shy away from anything Venturi. There were Venturi autococker bolts, and inserts. They had the usual marketing junk attached to them about accuracy, being soft on paint, etc.

Practically speaking, soft tips and Venturi style things don't do as much (if anything) as they advertise. Actually, restricting airflow like that (as opposed to the open face bolt that's stock) would slightly diminish air efficiency. You won't experience any less breaks from having a soft tip, and most people don't notice a real big improvement from things like pillow bolts.

My advice? Save your money. Besides, I think FEP is going to release their new bolt engine for the next gen Quest as a drop in replacement for the current engine. I think it's compatible. So, instead of getting a new bolt now, just wait. It'll most likely be a bigger improvement.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#3 Fallinher0

Fallinher0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

Wait for FEP to finish their bolt kit.

#4 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

thanks guys!

#5 bronc

bronc

ThinAir Sports

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

The RSF bolt is a great alternative if you need a bolt and can't get another one, but there are no performance gains compared to the stock or goldmember bolts.

To make any difference, you need to change the bolt pin, which is why people "tape mod" their bolt pins. The new 4B bolt engine will with 3 parts and will be MUCH better then the stock set up.

Check out FEPs facebook page. We post new info there all the time along with teasers :D
Thin Air Sports - 2011 will be our year.

BroncsPaintball.com - speaking my mind since 2000

#6 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

The RSF bolt is a great alternative if you need a bolt and can't get another one, but there are no performance gains compared to the stock or goldmember bolts.

To make any difference, you need to change the bolt pin, which is why people "tape mod" their bolt pins. The new 4B bolt engine will with 3 parts and will be MUCH better then the stock set up.

Check out FEPs facebook page. We post new info there all the time along with teasers Posted Image

Thanks!

#7 eatafetus

eatafetus

Juice Boxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

It does quiet the sound signature of the gun quite nicely. That is one noticable difference.

I have the RSF bolt and a tape mod'd pin and and I can shoot about a case per fill. probably more due to the tape mod than the bolt, but yea.
Yes, I'm on the nation too. Cant we all just get along?

#8 fsugonoles63

fsugonoles63

Oh good, the voices are back

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

Got one on mine and it does make it almost whisper quiet.

#9 yanOe

yanOe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

RSF Bolt makes it really quiet, soft tip so paintballs that are getting smaller can still be used. Looks dope too lol.
yanOe

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users