#1 phillipsphan

phillipsphan

You may now kiss the chicken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

Okay...

I currently have a proto slg 09 which is broken. So to compensate with the broken gun my feild/store owner will trade my slg even for an olive mini. I'm currently almost on a team. I play snake and im 13 so i dont have that much money. Anyways back to the title my friend just bought a new etek 3 and i was wondering if you guys thought that it would be better for me than a mini.

P.S. Does anyone know if lucky barrels are any good if so could you give me a link to where I could buy one.
http:/file:///C:/Users/WILL/Documents/Downloads/ollie3tn.jpg

#2 SillyGoose

SillyGoose

Asian :P

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

Okay...

I currently have a proto slg 09 which is broken. So to compensate with the broken gun my feild/store owner will trade my slg even for an olive mini. I'm currently almost on a team. I play snake and im 13 so i dont have that much money. Anyways back to the title my friend just bought a new etek 3 and i was wondering if you guys thought that it would be better for me than a mini.

P.S. Does anyone know if lucky barrels are any good if so could you give me a link to where I could buy one.

If the Field/Sore owner will trade for the mini i would do it. But in my opinion Etek 3 is better just that it costs more.

#3 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

The Etek 3 will be better in many ways regarding parts and optiond, its a high-end gun, the Mini isn't. Definitely go with the Etek if you can afford it, its a great marker.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#4 AIRJordanPB

AIRJordanPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

ok this is what i would do. trade for the mini and then sell it that will give you some money to get the etek. the etek 3 is extremely similar to the ego 8 so try to choose between an ego and a mini

if it was me i would get the ego (etek)
[img]http://thesplatshop....net eclipse.gif[/imghttp://img233.imageshack.us/i/bobvice11pu3.jpg/

#5 Cereal-Killer99

Cereal-Killer99

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

ok so i know ur 13 an getting money is hard but if you can get the etek 3

the reasons are
-ok so the etek 3 comes stock with a two piece barrel 14 inch while the mini comes with a 12 inch (i no that etek stock bore is .693 but u can get a different barrel later when u have $$$, honestly the .693 works crazy good)
-packaging you get a hard metal case with a shitload of o-rings, solenoid gaskets but the only real difference between the packaging is u get metal case with etek 3 and cardboard with mini
-more people will know how to fix a ego etek than the mini, egos have been out for years and the etek 3 is based of ego9 body with some ego ten parts thrown in
-on/off asa stock in the etek 3 the mini doesn't come with on/off asa
both are poppet style(mini is a inline poppet

i would go etek 3, i have one and it is extremely good
[size="4"] [/size]

#6 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

go etek3, the mini is nice too but i think its a lil over priced for it. it should be the same price as the g3 or cheaper.

if u live in canada defenitly get a etek3.

#7 zZPhAnT0MZz

zZPhAnT0MZz

I have an ion... deal with it!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

the mini IMO is priced very fair... its just underrated like the pm8 :(

#8 E-RT Brh

E-RT Brh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

Ye ive been looking for a $300-500 gun an i am looking at the Etek LT. Couple questions

1) Is the Etek LT fragile, friend told me it was but he doesnt own 1 so I dont trust him.

2) Friend is trying to sell me a Protege not sure price or year, but is protege better than a etek 3 lt if he sells at same price as a etek 3 ltso like 475
Ninja 50/4500
Camo Proto Pro Axis
Proto 09 Jersey and Tippman Battle Pants
Pinokio
Etek 3 LT

#9 zZPhAnT0MZz

zZPhAnT0MZz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

first off the protege is NOT better than the etek 3 lt or am and second the lt is NOT a fragile gun. Planet Eclipse has never recieved any broken plastic parts off the lt... it will snap just as easily as the am will bend. not to hate on the protege or anything but in a sense its kinda like an ion... crap feedneck, asa, barrel...

#10 Plattypus

Plattypus

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

first off the protege is NOT better than the etek 3 lt or am and second the lt is NOT a fragile gun. Planet Eclipse has never recieved any broken plastic parts off the lt... it will snap just as easily as the am will bend. not to hate on the protege or anything but in a sense its kinda like an ion... crap feedneck, asa, barrel...

I like the Protege better. 4C eye option, board with all the modes I could ever want, its smoother, it has fantastic customer service, its more efficient, it feels better in my hands, and it has the pillow bolt option. The feedneck is fine, it holds any loader perfectly. And how is the "barrel crap"? All barrels will perform EXACTLY the same. Only difference is how smooth the inside is, and the barrel that comes with is is fine. I still recommend the Protege over the Etek 3. The only thing I agree with you on is the ASA, its blocky, huge, and annoying. Thats it. And you can get a used Vice for cheaper than an Etek, and it outperforms it BY FAR.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#11 E-RT Brh

E-RT Brh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

I like the Protege better. 4C eye option, board with all the modes I could ever want, its smoother, it has fantastic customer service, its more efficient, it feels better in my hands, and it has the pillow bolt option. The feedneck is fine, it holds any loader perfectly. And how is the "barrel crap"? All barrels will perform EXACTLY the same. Only difference is how smooth the inside is, and the barrel that comes with is is fine. I still recommend the Protege over the Etek 3. The only thing I agree with you on is the ASA, its blocky, huge, and annoying. Thats it. And you can get a used Vice for cheaper than an Etek, and it outperforms it BY FAR.

And i could get a used etek for like 350 probably, not looking for used. I am a noob looking to get into pb, just want a gun out of the box w/o any hidden problems or broken crap etc. Maybe when i know what to look for in a used gun ill buy a used gun but not now.

Edited by E-RT Brh, 22 February 2010 - 07:35 PM.

Ninja 50/4500
Camo Proto Pro Axis
Proto 09 Jersey and Tippman Battle Pants
Pinokio
Etek 3 LT

#12 zZPhAnT0MZz

zZPhAnT0MZz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

yeah now the vice is a whole different level... by "crap" i meant the etek 3 has a better barrel because its 14 inches and two pieces.

#13 Plattypus

Plattypus

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

yeah now the vice is a whole different level... by "crap" i meant the etek 3 has a better barrel because its 14 inches and two pieces.

Thats what defines your final purchase on a gun? The barrel? You have to look at the benefits that improve performance, which are superior on the Protege.

My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#14 zZPhAnT0MZz

zZPhAnT0MZz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

your right im wrong

#15 {Pb}Atracin

{Pb}Atracin

Bow Chicka Wow Wow

• Members
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

Ye ive been looking for a $300-500 gun an i am looking at the Etek LT. Couple questions

1) Is the Etek LT fragile, friend told me it was but he doesnt own 1 so I dont trust him.

2) Friend is trying to sell me a Protege not sure price or year, but is protege better than a etek 3 lt if he sells at same price as a etek 3 ltso like 475

1) - The composite frame on the LT is not fragile. It's very durable, and may flex a bit when you put your tank on and try pushing on it. This shouldnt be a problem at all, since the frame will return to its original position. You'll break the composite frame as easily as you'll bend the metal frame.

Tough call for the Protege. Both are great guns, but I'll give it too the Etek. The packaging is what brings it on top. Nice, detailed manual, and everything you'd need to maintain the gun is included.

Posted Image
SPEHSS MAHREENS
Canadian Ballers Club | Empire Owners Club | Canadian Ambassador Minnesota Ballers Club
Lick it.

#16 Plattypus

Plattypus

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

1) - The composite frame on the LT is not fragile. It's very durable, and may flex a bit when you put your tank on and try pushing on it. This shouldnt be a problem at all, since the frame will return to its original position. You'll break the composite frame as easily as you'll bend the metal frame.

Tough call for the Protege. Both are great guns, but I'll give it too the Etek. The packaging is what brings it on top. Nice, detailed manual, and everything you'd need to maintain the gun is included.

Arrghh!!! What is it with people and packaging!!! :D

My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#17 Spetsnaz47

Spetsnaz47

SPETSNAZ like ninjas, only with assault rifles.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

The Etek 3 is a lot better. so etek 3 all the way

#18 Evan1234

Evan1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:53 AM

etek 3 easy

#19 Paintbeast

Paintbeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

Okay...

If the Field/Sore owner will trade for the mini i would do it. But in my opinion Etek 3 is better just that it costs more.

The Etek 3 Lt is a far better gun simply because it has better eyes it has better modes and one thing I found interesting about the Invert Mini is that you either get a good one or a peice of garbage that you'll never want to use. On the other hand all Planet Ecplise Markers are more reliable and will never stop.

#20 Paintbeast

Paintbeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Okay...

Honestly, I am 13 also and I was in almost the same position exept I didn't have a trade in. I was looking seriously into the Mini, I found out that being Inverts first gun it has some kinks and you wither got a good Mini or you're screwed. Also in the long run if you plan on joining a team the etek is going to be less expensive. I am saying this because with the mini you will get killed espesially on the snake because you need a acurate gun and the stoke barrel offors just that and you'll need to upgrade to a higher end gun extrememly quickly. Like I said I was in the same position and I bought the Etek 3 LT and I havn't looked back one second I'm on a team and it's performing extremely well and cleaning is quick unlike the inner popet.

#21 DcSalem

DcSalem

I Rule The EGO World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

The Etek 3 will be better in many ways regarding parts and optiond, its a high-end gun, the Mini isn't. Definitely go with the Etek if you can afford it, its a great marker.

The Etek is not a high-end its a mid lvl marker pe would be asking more cash if it was one of there egos or SL

Life is hell but so it the society we live in!

I MISS MY EGO8

#22 Jrptweety

Jrptweety

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

Ok for this whole fragile LT frame,

Your not gonna go out on the field, make one slide, and your gun is broken.
Well sure, if your barrel gets caught in the dirt, it might bend.

But for the most part, your gun isnt just going to be like bendy like a rubber band, and fragile as glass.

Jack Wood even stated, "There has not been 1 Etek 3 LT that has been sent back to Planet Eclipse with broken or bent frames"

Edited by Jrptweety, 14 March 2010 - 10:15 AM.

#23 VaughanBallaa

VaughanBallaa

putting balls on your face in a city near you!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

what is wrong with you people... all mid end guns perform the same as high ends the only differences are options.
higher ends usually get better barrels, option of micro or opto switch, customize dwell, shit like that.
the mini is just as accuarate as an ego, guns are all about feel they all pretty well perform the same
go with the mini and call it a aday espesially caause ur 13

Donate jar, and when its full go donate it to the strip club. :)
Nothing better than playing hard and getting hard.

#24 Gonzo

Gonzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

I would get the mini ive shot a tm-7 and since they are the same gun i could sat that it does shoot nice. I own an etek 3 lt and yes it does shoot better, but when you really go out and play your really not going to notice it. All you need is a gun that shoots paint at at least 15bps accurately and boh do just that. since your 13 and your tight on money, i think the mini would be the better choice, since its kinda free who couldn't ask for that. However if you do have the cash go with the etek it is a great marker.
the board is the only thing on the mini that is really better than the etek, since the etek comes with really if you think about it 2 modes (semi, and PSP ramping, not 3-shot). and i just looked at the mini manual and it comes with semi, psp, nxl, and millenium.

And the etek 3 lt is not fragile at all it doesn't even bend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users