#1 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

The TechPB Motorcycle Club

This club is for all lovers of two-wheeled vehicles, aka motorcycles!

Posted Image

Whether you are a die hard biker, or a weekend warrior. Whether you ride a rattly harley, or a rice burning crotch rocket. Whether you race, or just cruise. Whether you ride year round, or you pack it up at the first fall of a snow-flake. Whether you just ride occasionally, or use your bike as a daily driver. Hell, whether you actually own a motorcycle, or you dont have one, but love them anyways, this is the club for you!

Anyone and everyone who has a passion for the road and prefers experiencing it sans-cage, are welcome here.

The Rulez:
1) All rules of TechPB apply.
2) Do not flame, insult, or troll people. This is already a rule for TechPB, but it is worth stating again.
3) To apply, simply state your name, and post a pic of your motorcycle. Prefferably this pic will have you or your username in it, but it isnt neccessary. If you do not own a motorcycle, simply state your name and tell us what your favorite two-wheeled machine is. Post a pic as well.
4) Keep the chat mostly about motorcycles. Occasional off topic chat is alright. Afterall it is in the off topic section...

Founder:

Danath 34 - 08 Blue/Gold Hayabusa

Members:

1) Mingink - Aprillia RS125 (owns)
2) InfaMOUSE - 05 Honda CR-250F (owns)
3) Jt89888
4) Butters - Soon to buy Yamaha R1 Raven
5) Cody_21
6) Jerf - 08 RockerC
7) ZackMartin
8) Tor - HD Fatboy (favorite)
9) Brenden ZX14 (favorite)
10) Juggernaut
11) fiveten15093 - Yamaha R6 (soon to buy)
12) Mockstar - '92 Electraglyde
13) matt the weird - 1200 Sportster Custom HD
14) kawasaki.kdx200man - YZ250F
15) HeroForADay
16) MK3K4V - XR 250
17) dirtbeast938- yz250f
18) cavemag
19) LukeH- GSXR750
20) stockclassballer- '89 Katana 750
21) petllama - Kawisaki Ninja 636
22) Bobruffles
23) Saber63
24) WasabiBoi - ninja zx-6r (some day)
25) The Hustla - Suzuki TL1000
26) Scirish - YZ250
27) G4paintballer
28) Corrupted355 - Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
29) Enkredible - R6 (one day)
30) Dominate1 - 06 CBR600rr
31) stealthmonkey
32) quickshot56 - GSXR 750
33) Sallario - CBF 125 (hopefully)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by danath 34, 31 May 2011 - 11:45 AM.

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#2 Mingink

Mingink

Wanna know how I got these scars?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:05 AM

I'l join if you'l have me :D

I have a Aprillia RS125, I don't have any pics but I'l go grab some soon and upload them :D

FIRST anyone?
Posted Image
RIP Paul Gray, a fantastic musician that will be missed

#3 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Ooooh Aprillias are nice! Lets see 'er!

I forgot to mention, I ride a blue/gold 08 Hayabusa, pictured in my avatar.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#4 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

Bam. I ride 2 wheels in the dirt. Heres my 05' 250f. Got a Vance and Hines Muffler, With A fmf pb Head Pipe. Showa rear shock. And FC redid my forks. Smooth as buttuh.
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#5 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

Nice, d00d! You are in!

I love dirtbikes as well. I currently own a 2006 DR-Z 400 S. It is the street legal model, so it is a dual sport, but it is IMO the best dual sport dirt bike, other than the over-priced KTM's and Huskys....
My Feedback

Posted Image

#6 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

eeeewwwww... husqvarna. Posted Image
And Katooms are AMAZING. You deffinatly get what you pay for. I still have my '01 sx 105. I ride that shit ERRR DAY! Just put new reeds and a new topend.

I also just got an 03 cr125 with showa suspension for 1500. Gotta wiseco Piston kit on order. Got some brand new V force reeds sitton in my truck as we speek. Pro Circuit Exhaust when I get paid next week or so. Posted Image

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 24 February 2010 - 07:09 PM.

By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#7 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

nice dude. So do you race? Or just trail ride and stuff?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#8 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Oh yeh, I race. Trails are for bitches. lol jk jk.

#9 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

Oh yeh, I race. Trails are for bitches. lol jk jk.

:angry:

I resemble that comment... (lol yes, and I meant resemble, not resent)

I like trail riding a lot. To me, racing just gets boring as you go lap after lap after lap. I can spend a whole day trail riding, but after the 5th lap or so on an MX track, it just feels monotonous. Very adrenaline filled, yes, but I prefer how dynamic trail riding is. And if you ride difficult trails, it brings a new level of bike control and challenge to the game.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#10 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

Where I ride makes no difference to me. To be honest I love trail riding. I learned to ride on trails. But I'm a very competitive person. Which is y I like racing more. Now, you put me In the woods on a nice ktm 530exc or somthin like that, and give me someone to chase... He'll yeh I'd be all over that shit.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 24 February 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#11 Jt89888

Jt89888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

I don't own a bike, but if I did it would be this one.

Posted Image

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Go ahead and tell me how slow it is, I don't care. It's light, nimble, cheap, really good on gas, and it's been around forever. If I could own any bike on earth it would be this one.

#12 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

I don't own a bike, but if I did it would be this one.

Posted Image

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Go ahead and tell me how slow it is, I don't care. It's light, nimble, cheap, really good on gas, and it's been around forever. If I could own any bike on earth it would be this one.

Welcome man. And naw, no one is gonna make say nothin about that bike. It is actually a very good learner's bike. Good choice for a beginner.

And hell, if we allow Honda riders in here, we obviously dont discriminate against the slow bikes...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image I keed! I keed!

*edit*
man I cant wait til spring. Gotta buy new tires though... Man this thing just eats up the rubber. I only get 3500 miles on a set of tires! You believe that?! And that isnt racing, either! That is just daily driver kinda stuff! (but we wont talk about what I do on the highway lol)

Edited by danath 34, 25 February 2010 - 01:08 AM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#13 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

im in! buying an R1 Raven at the end of June
Im Not Mean, I Just Say What Others Think...
Kittys Definition of Butters Hate: "Its like Obama with Crabs going to a KKK Meeting"
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#14 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

im in! buying an R1 Raven at the end of June

OOOH those are pretty nice man.

Post up pics! (doesnt have to be the actual one you are buying, because you dont have it yet, but lets see a pic!)
My Feedback

Posted Image

#15 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

one of these days I want one of these:

The R6's are so light and quick! They handle phenomenally! Unless something has changed in the industry in the last year that I am unaware of, they make the most power, and handle the best out of all the 600 class. They arent that ergonomically friendly though lol. Would make a nice track bike.

Posted Image

one of these would be awesome too!

Posted Image

I love how the dirt world is going to fuel injection. That is a godsend!

Edited by danath 34, 25 February 2010 - 10:50 AM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#16 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

This is a pic of it in the showroom, I cant find the UDB lead for my camera so It'l have to do for now.

Attached File  my bike.jpg   46.32KB   32 downloads

It's fun but since we have had a ton of snow here the past few months I haven't been able to ride it as much. I play to take it to the nurburgring in august with some friends.

and how can you even joke about hondas being slow, I have been on the back of my mates dads Repsol fireblade and that is one hella fast bike.
Posted Image

#17 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

This is a pic of it in the showroom, I cant find the UDB lead for my camera so It'l have to do for now.

Attached File  my bike.jpg   46.32KB   32 downloads

It's fun but since we have had a ton of snow here the past few months I haven't been able to ride it as much. I play to take it to the nurburgring in august with some friends.

and how can you even joke about hondas being slow, I have been on the back of my mates dads Repsol fireblade and that is one hella fast bike.

meh. Their CR-450F MX bike in I want to say 07 or 08 was voted best MX bike of the year, so those are good. I just have never been a fan of Honda much. I have a friend with a CBR600RR and thats a decent bike, but doesnt compare to the R6. My old roommate had a little older CBR1000 and he absolutely hated it. It was slow (comparatively), overheated a lot, and rather large. The CBR's now-a-days are much better though. His was older. But the way I see it, is they make decent bikes, but they aren't really the best in anything.

CBR600RR- nice bike, pretty fast and nimble, but the R6 beats it in both areas.
CBR1000- same, but the GSXR1000 beats it in both areas.
They do not make a hyperbike anymore. After the busa came out and smashed the blackbird, they got out of the market.

Their MX bikes are nice. The CRF450 has been getting bike of the year and stuff all over the place. I personally prefer suzuki and yamaha dirtbikes, but the hondas are probably better.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#18 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

the baby im buying will look something along these lines.

Posted Image
Kittys Definition of Butters Hate: "Its like Obama with Crabs going to a KKK Meeting"
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#19 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

Nice. yeah i always did like that color scheme. They could have put a little more red, though IMO.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#20 Butters

Butters

Skeet Skeet Retreat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

Nice. yeah i always did like that color scheme. They could have put a little more red, though IMO.

yeah my buddy that im buying it from has a red pinstripe like going around the trim on most pieces. ill try to get pics. its really nice
GEARBAG SALE!!!!

#21 Cody_21

Cody_21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

Ill join Like you said I got no streetbike I just want & freakin love them, I got a little crf-150 dirt bike though. 3 years when college is over Ill be an owner.

R.I.P. All American Paintball Park

Rock her with the SH((O))CKER!!!!

Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex

IIPA ThunderII

#22 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

Ill join Like you said I got no streetbike I just want & freakin love them, I got a little crf-150 dirt bike though. 3 years when college is over Ill be an owner.

haha awesome! lets see that 150! that definitely counts as owning a motorcycle!

OR, you can post up the bike you want, be it your dream bike, or a bike you actually plan on buying some day.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#23 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

one of these would be awesome too!

Posted Image

I love how the dirt world is going to fuel injection. That is a godsend!

Fuel Injection is going to be the death of this sport I tell ya. We're just gonna get lazier and lazer. First we try to kill off the 2 strokes... Man what's next!?
Jetting and cleaning a carb is an artform which requires precision and pateince (lol i say that cause i have to do it all the damn time).
And EFI would need a battery wouldnt it?

meh. Their CR-450F MX bike in I want to say 07 or 08 was voted best MX bike of the year, so those are good. I just have never been a fan of Honda much. I have a friend with a CBR600RR and thats a decent bike, but doesnt compare to the R6. My old roommate had a little older CBR1000 and he absolutely hated it. It was slow (comparatively), overheated a lot, and rather large. The CBR's now-a-days are much better though. His was older. But the way I see it, is they make decent bikes, but they aren't really the best in anything.

CBR600RR- nice bike, pretty fast and nimble, but the R6 beats it in both areas.
CBR1000- same, but the GSXR1000 beats it in both areas.
They do not make a hyperbike anymore. After the busa came out and smashed the blackbird, they got out of the market.

Their MX bikes are nice. The CRF450 has been getting bike of the year and stuff all over the place. I personally prefer suzuki and yamaha dirtbikes, but the hondas are probably better.

As far as Hondas being the best bikes...I know they won the Most Improved bike in '08 i believe...
And yes, Yamaha bikes are always solid except for '06 or '07 they tried to innovate but didn't do so great... But yeh, I can't really say anything about that. I dont really ride stock bikes anymore. I know that Yamahas suspension is AMAZING off the showroom though.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 25 February 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#24 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

well I agree that cleaning and tuning a carb is an artform, but if you have ever ridden in high elevation, you will realize what a godsend EFI is. I live at 7500 ft above sea level, and anything with a carb is a bitch to tune.

And no, the CRF450 actually has a battery-less EFI.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#25 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

well I agree that cleaning and tuning a carb is an artform, but if you have ever ridden in high elevation, you will realize what a godsend EFI is. I live at 7500 ft above sea level, and anything with a carb is a bitch to tune.

And no, the CRF450 actually has a battery-less EFI.

Oh I see. Well I rarely ride anywhere that high above sealevel... But I do see what u mean...
And the bike you posted is a YZ. not a CRF. You problably already new that >.> And the 450 is the only one from honda that uses fuel injection rite?

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 27 February 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#26 Jerf

Jerf

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:32 AM

Here is me and my 08 RockerC, Just picked up an 08 Deluxe I will post a pic once the snow melts, lol

Posted Image

#27 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

Here is me and my 08 RockerC, Just picked up an 08 Deluxe I will post a pic once the snow melts, lol

Posted Image

added. nice ride, though i am not familiar with it. is that a harley?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#28 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

BAM! My new piston came in.

Gonna go install that this weekend. then go hit the spillway on my 125.

#29 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

nice dude!

I am about to order a fresh set of tires for the busa so I can get back to riding as soon as spring decides it wants to roll around!

Also, I need to tech my carb or something on my dirtbike, because I just got the top end rebuilt but it isnt running right. I want to get back in the saddle on the dirtbike this spring, too. There be some great offroading trails around here.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#30 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

You stayed with a stock top end? or you over bore or anything? HC piston? You might need to up the main...

#31 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

You stayed with a stock top end? or you over bore or anything? HC piston? You might need to up the main...

yeah it was just an OEM replacement. It wasnt an issue of performance, it was a "my motor blew up" kinda thing. Although with how much I payed for the damn thing, I should have bored it at least. Wouldnt have been all that much more.

Basically the bolts holding the camshaft cap were not tightened enough from the factory, so eventually one side worked its way loose, and up just enough for the cam to pop out of place and chew everything up. And as a testament to my luck, I was just out of warranty too...

Edited by danath 34, 03 March 2010 - 07:29 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#32 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

aahahahaha. sucks dude. I tryand do most of my work myself... Man i member the first time I did a head swap on a fourstroke. I didn't know the whole cam chain/coathanger trick... dropped the whole damn chain down into the lower.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 03 March 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#33 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

aahahahaha. sucks dude. I tryand do most of my work myself... Man i member the first time I did a head swap on a fourstroke. I didn't know the whole cam chain/coathanger trick... dropped the whole damn chain down into the lower.

dude that fucking blows.

I could have done the work myself. I actually did take it apart to see what happened before I decided to bring it in. I just decided that since I dont have all the tools, I would rather have a mechanic do it. Plus that way I know that it should be done correctly
My Feedback

Posted Image

#34 ZackMartin

ZackMartin

Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hello! I'm glad I found this club... well I was told about it. heres a little bit about me and motorcycles

Since I was a kid I loved motorcycles and always wanted one. My father would let me ride with him on his fat boy then his Harley dyna wide glide. My parents are divorced and growing up my mother was always super protective of me and would never dream about letting me have a dirt bike. Sadly for my mother my uncle opened up a Chopper shop in Salem CT called Bad Boyz Toyz(now closed because he moved) and I got my fill of motorcycles. Another uncle of mine had returned from the war a few years later as I was in high school and purchased a "crotch rocket". Sadly his life was taken one night from a head on collision with a SUV which had drifted into his lane. Ever since then I have been very weary about motorcycles with my family but still want to own one. So I'm now 20 almost 21 and want to start riding soon.

Here are some of the bikes that interest me as of lately.

I found this the other day
Posted Image

My dream bike

Posted Image

the bike I'll end up getting because I'm not spending 30k on a bike...........

I think I'll go with the 600 to start.
Posted Image

or I could possibly get a Davidson but I kinda want a reliable bike :lol: but the V-rod's are very nice

Posted Image

Edited by ZackMartin, 06 March 2010 - 10:03 AM.

Posted Image

#35 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

welcome, Zack, and added!

Those were some nice bikes you posted. And yeah the Aprillias and Ducks are super nice, but way too expensive IMHO. I payed 10,800 for my 08 busa, brand new. Screw paying 20-30k!

So on another note, I just bought (last night) a set of Dunlop Qualifier 2's. Apparently these are the best tire on the market right now (from the reviews I have read on other forums). They are supposed to be amazing. They are dual compound, with harder compound in the center for longer life, and a super sticky soft compound on the shoulders for twisties. Oh I cant wait!!!

I was originally considering getting either a set of sport touring tires, or use a sport front, sport touring rear. This was for the mileage. Back to back sets of Bridgestone Battleax BT015's only lasted about 3500 miles! UGH. But I decided that the dual compound new qualifer should last a bit longer, plus I am just going to have to break my bad habbit of leaving a stoplight like it is a drag tree lol. I decided on going with the qualifiers because I realized that since I am riding the fastest damn production bike in the world, I damn well better have some high performance tires tieing it down to the road! And with that hard compound I should be able to get good mileage if I break that previously mentioned habbit...

But you know what? It really seems to me like tire prices have taken a plunge! It was 305$ shipped to my door for the Q2's, which are still fairly new, and are supposedly the best tire on the market right now. I seem to remember a set of the orig qualifiers being damn near double that... And my DOT knobbies I use on my dirtbike, I got on HALF OFF SALE for about 120 each. Now they are about 70 bucks a pop!
My Feedback

Posted Image

#36 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:07 PM

welcome, Zack, and added!

Those were some nice bikes you posted. And yeah the Aprillias and Ducks are super nice, but way too expensive IMHO. I payed 10,800 for my 08 busa, brand new. Screw paying 20-30k!

So on another note, I just bought (last night) a set of Dunlop Qualifier 2's. Apparently these are the best tire on the market right now (from the reviews I have read on other forums). They are supposed to be amazing. They are dual compound, with harder compound in the center for longer life, and a super sticky soft compound on the shoulders for twisties. Oh I cant wait!!!

I was originally considering getting either a set of sport touring tires, or use a sport front, sport touring rear. This was for the mileage. Back to back sets of Bridgestone Battleax BT015's only lasted about 3500 miles! UGH. But I decided that the dual compound new qualifer should last a bit longer, plus I am just going to have to break my bad habbit of leaving a stoplight like it is a drag tree lol. I decided on going with the qualifiers because I realized that since I am riding the fastest damn production bike in the world, I damn well better have some high performance tires tieing it down to the road! And with that hard compound I should be able to get good mileage if I break that previously mentioned habbit...

But you know what? It really seems to me like tire prices have taken a plunge! It was 305$ shipped to my door for the Q2's, which are still fairly new, and are supposedly the best tire on the market right now. I seem to remember a set of the orig qualifiers being damn near double that... And my DOT knobbies I use on my dirtbike, I got on HALF OFF SALE for about 120 each. Now they are about 70 bucks a pop!

welcome zack.

and danath stop complaining or there gonna shoot back up bro. haha.

also guess what guys, my dad just handed me the keys to his old motorbike.
Its not a crotch rocket or anything like that... thats ok though cuase when it comes to onroad vehichles... im kind of nestalgic.. i like old loud cars with horsepower. not that i wouldnt drive a supertuned civic or anything... but yeh... lol anyway.
my dad gave me his old 71 porsche (which sadly has been sitting unfinished for a few months restoration wise), and now he have me the key to his '68 nineteen seventy somthing harley super glide with a wide glide front end. its got that bad ass 1200 twin shovel head... sounds fucking mean.
I just finished helping him rebuild the engine and electrical and when we started it up yesterday he just tossed me the key and said be careful. ill get some pics up if you guys want. also has a brand new set of Dunlop 404's which I payed 85 a piece... since were talking tire prices... lol.

EDIT: I was way off on the year lol. i dont know why i thought 68... but yeh super glide didnt come out till 71...

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 07 March 2010 - 01:48 AM.

#37 ZackMartin

ZackMartin

Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

I'm there with ya man I love muscle cars and would rather have a harley but I've heard they are not that reliable and don't last as long and they are much more expensive.
Posted Image

#38 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

I'm there with ya man I love muscle cars and would rather have a harley but I've heard they are not that reliable and don't last as long and they are much more expensive.

well ive heard that about the new ones... but this things damn near bullet proof... my dad bought it in like '75 and would go cross country on it...that was all way before my time... but i member when i was little, hed still drive it to california to visit my aunt atleast once a year. i dont remember him ever tellin me hed had trouble... the only problem i can remember wasa few months ago when the ignition went out (it was still the stock unit or a oem from like the 80's), so we went ahead and rebuilt the whole top end down to the rods and rollers and the entire ignition/electrical.

Hes also got a parted Norton 700 commando in our tool shed... now THATS a bike (or was a bike)... I dont think it will ever see fruition though.

#39 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

awesome dude!

lets see dem pics!

and i could (and have been known to) go on for a while about har(d)leys... But I wont. Everyone should just ride what makes them happy.

Heres a tip from a guy who rides with a ton of har(d)ley riders. Keep a bottle of lock-tite in your saddlebag/backpack/whatever. Seems to be a neccesity among the harley crowd.

I will admit though that the new nightrod occasionally makes me want to go over to the dark side...

As you can tell, I am not really much of a harley guy lol. But some of em are pretty cool.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#40 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

awesome dude!

lets see dem pics!

and i could (and have been known to) go on for a while about har(d)leys... But I wont. Everyone should just ride what makes them happy.

Heres a tip from a guy who rides with a ton of har(d)ley riders. Keep a bottle of lock-tite in your saddlebag/backpack/whatever. Seems to be a neccesity among the harley crowd.

I will admit though that the new nightrod occasionally makes me want to go over to the dark side...

As you can tell, I am not really much of a harley guy lol. But some of em are pretty cool.

AHAHAHA I'll remeber that; Red Lock-Tite.
And I think the one reason though that im so excited about it is... this thing sounds SOOOO fucking Mean. Even when its just Idling... Man... It just makes me wanna go get a can of spraypaint and a stencil that says BAD MUTHA FUCKA and just go all pulp fiction on the fenders.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 08 March 2010 - 11:32 PM.

#41 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

awesome dude. Thats what motorcycling is about. I get that pumped feeling every time I walk out to my 'busa. I know the feeling you are talkin about, and it is GREAT.

Sooo....

where dem pics at?

dont make me call pics or shens...
My Feedback

Posted Image

#42 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

awesome dude. Thats what motorcycling is about. I get that pumped feeling every time I walk out to my 'busa. I know the feeling you are talkin about, and it is GREAT.

Sooo....

where dem pics at?

dont make me call pics or shens...

ahah im workig on it man. my dads out of town for a few weeks on buisness and I dont want to go deal with my *loving* stepmother unless ihave too.

#43 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

awesome! my tires came in today!! (as did my Eigenbarrel, actually)

Now I can put them on Saturday, and get to riding. If it ever stops snowing that is...
My Feedback

Posted Image

#44 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

awesome! my tires came in today!! (as did my Eigenbarrel, actually)

Now I can put them on Saturday, and get to riding. If it ever stops snowing that is...

Does your helmet fog up alot in the snow?

Mine used to but I use washing up liquid on the inside of my visor (an old paitnball trick of mine) and I haven't fogged up once since I started using it.
Posted Image

#45 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Well I havent ridden in the snow much lately, because the 'Busa is downright dangerous with any kind of ice or snow. I usually rode my dirtbike year round, but it hasnt been running this winter, so havent been able to.

My visor on my helmet is antifog. It works alright. It stops most of the fogging. Sometimes I get a bit of condensation though.

I used to get a lot of fogging with my dirtbike goggles though, but I put some antifog on the inside, and they did OK.

Edited by danath 34, 13 March 2010 - 06:34 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#46 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

wow... this club needs more people.
and more chatting.
i know!
I have like so many funny stories... but first... does this club condone the riding of recreational vehicles on public roads? and/or the evading of sherrifs' deputies? Posted Image

#47 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

wow... this club needs more people.
and more chatting.
i know!
I have like so many funny stories... but first... does this club condone the riding of recreational vehicles on public roads? and/or the evading of sherrifs' deputies? Posted Image

haha that brings back a lot of memories. Yeah, needless to say I definitely condone riding of recreational vehicles on public roads. I used to do it all the time with the dirtbikes. My 400 dirtbike is street legal, but whenever I would take a friend dirtbiking, I would give him my 125, and we would ride down to the gas station to get gas, then to where we were going to ride. Did it plenty of times. Even did it on the main road of our (rather small) town. It is the only 40 mph road in town lol, but it has the most traffic. That was scary because I knew we were going to see a cop haha. But we made it all the way to the gas station, then back to ride.

I got so many funny looks from people when I went riding down the sidewalks with my dirtbike :)

Did get caught once though. We were riding around my neighborhood before we went out for a ride, and the cops stopped us and yelled at us for a while. Everyone split but one person. He got the worst of it, and so did I when I came up to talk to them. A half hour later, I see my buddy on my 125cc yamaha "duck walking" it down the sidewalk of our apartment with the engine off, and he goes "are they gone?" it was a funny site.

As for evading the police, I can in no way shape or form say that I do not condone it lol. I think it is a gamble. Each person has to make that choice given the specific circumstances, but if you think you can get away with it, then go for it! Because there are severe consequences for enjoying our bikes to the fullest...

Matter of fact, one night I was coming home, it was about a 1 hr drive on the highway. I was doing 110mph on the busa just cruising in a 55mph zone. Well a sherrif clocked me, turned on his lights, and flipped a bitch (u-turn if you dont know) and "attempted" to pull me over. All I did was speed up to about 120 or so and never saw him again. I said to myself "if he can actually get up here on my ass to pull me over, then sure, I will stop. But at this speed, I shouldnt be checking my mirrors anyway, I need to concentrate on whats in front of me, so if it comes to that, I will just tell him I didnt see him." I didnt really "run" I just didnt stop!Posted Image
My Feedback

Posted Image

#48 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Haha, thats a Sic story, I wish I could outrun cops :( I can hit 107mph and even then I dont like to go over 90 because I don't want to fuck the engine.

Although rest assured when I get a bigger bike I'm sure one or two cops maybe eating my dust.
Posted Image

#49 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Haha, thats a Sic story, I wish I could outrun cops :( I can hit 107mph and even then I dont like to go over 90 because I don't want to fuck the engine.

Although rest assured when I get a bigger bike I'm sure one or two cops maybe eating my dust.

yeah I remember how that was. Before I had my busa I rode my dirtbike all over. I got it up to 93! WOOT! And that was getting to be the "scary fast" at that time.... Now its scary to think i can almost do that in 1st gear :o

But you want to know the funniest part of that story? (the one about the cop trying to pull me over).

I got away from that guy just fine... but then 10 mins later or so I figured I would slow down.

Well it was a rather cold night for the fall.. It was 30 degrees. And stupid me, I forgot my gloves and was wearing regular blue jeans, so needless to say at highway speeds I was freezing. I was starting to lose feeling in my hands, and still had about a half hour drive to go, so I sped up to about 10mph over the speed limit. Around here, on the highway you can typically get away with 10 over and never be pulled over. Well that night I guess this particular cop felt like being a douche, and pulled me over for 10mph over! Despite how much I explained to him I was only trying to get home, because I couldnt feel my fingers, he gave me the freakin ticket!!

So i evaded one cop at 120mph, over double the speed limit, then 10-15 minutes later got a ticket for 10mph over! WTF?!

But it was all okay, because I waited until the last possible day to go to court, and turns out the ticket got lost, so it was dismissed!

Edited by danath 34, 15 March 2010 - 12:22 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#50 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

Nice one for dodging a Ticket.

So what was everyones first bike? Mine was a Silver/ Blue Peugeot Vivacity 50cc moped (FTW)

I got it late june a few months after my birthday as my parents REALLY didn't want me to get a bike, but I had raised the money and paid for everything so they didnt have a say in the batter. On my way back from my college induction I managed to get lsot as I had never been there before, fell off and couldn't put any wait on my foot at all which was a bitch when I had to put it on its stand. Luckily a passer by asked me if I was ok and I got directions home. A&E told me I had broke my foot and put me in a cast which was great, as if it wasnt hard enough yo find my way through a new scarily big college anyway.

Fortunately I soon relised I could put weight on my foor and after 2 and a half weeks when I got the temporary cast removed the doctor came in and said I've looked at the X-rays your foot isnt broken GTFO pretty much.

I like to think that my boke healed super fast ebcause me and my mate (he had an Aprillia 50cc at that time) decided if I drank loads of milk the calcium would heal my bone faster. Everytime he came around if I didnt have a glass of milk he would have a go at me B)

After that it had been far from good timeson my bike with it breaking down several times, the biggest breakdown took it offthe road for about a month when I had to replace a CDI unit, and after that the alternator didnt work so I had to charge the battery every couple of days. Although It was a huge let down I miss her (I named her Jen)and I dont think you ever forget your first bike :D
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users