952 replies to this topic

#851 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

Lol. I guess I couldn't explain that slipper clutch deal very well! I knew what it did, but I feel that the "give" it can offer me in my downshifts could encourage bad habits in the future. I think, maybe, learning to downshift it without any mechanical aid would be a good thing to learn off the bat.

Does that make sense? And, if so, do you agree? Or am I being dumb? XP

meh. I wouldnt actively avoid a slipper clutch. it isnt such a big difference that you are really going to ride differently between slipper and non. the bike will still engine break the same. hell, i occasionally lock up the rear tire for a second on an aggressive downshift on my busa, which has a slipper clutch. it just helps minimize this. The only time you notice it is in the split second right after downshifting. A non slipper clutch can possibly lock up the rear wheel if your rpm's are high, while a slipper clutch is usually a more smooth transition to engine breaking. During normal riding, you shouldnt be engine breaking that hard anyways, as you will be much lower rpms. And the consequences of locking up the rear tire when you are not expecting it can be serious. Think about what happens if you are going into a turn, or just rolled off of a high speed run... I would rather have it, personally.

Lets put it this way. the effect is small enough that I didnt know I had a sliper clutch in my busa til I read that I did. And I was used to a non-slipper. But the effect is there.

Edited by danath 34, 08 July 2011 - 10:27 PM.

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#852 J. Nez

J. Nez

Now with 2x the Vitamin C

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

Ok, I think I get it! ^_^

The slipper won't effect my shifting whatsoever, the only effect is during engine braking?

For reference, I drive a manual Jeep. So, on a bike without a slipper clutch, it would be like me downshifting 4th to 3rd a little to fast in my car (granted the consequences could be worse on a bike), and chirping the tires, whereas the slipper would simply help the tires not lock?

If so, I would definitely not mind. My biggest worry is that it would smooth it out so much I wouldn't realize my mistakes. But the way you say it, it seems you'll notice them just the same, but it'll keep you a little safer in the mean time?

#853 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

So I got my fuel pump yesterday... was gonna put it in today, but had practice all day, and it was starting to rain after. so im gonna put it in tomorrow, and it should hopefully be back to blowin the wheels off ZX-14's lol

wait did i even mention that my fuel pump went bad? i cant remember...

Ok, I think I get it! ^_^

The slipper won't effect my shifting whatsoever, the only effect is during engine braking?

For reference, I drive a manual Jeep. So, on a bike without a slipper clutch, it would be like me downshifting 4th to 3rd a little to fast in my car (granted the consequences could be worse on a bike), and chirping the tires, whereas the slipper would simply help the tires not lock?

If so, I would definitely not mind. My biggest worry is that it would smooth it out so much I wouldn't realize my mistakes. But the way you say it, it seems you'll notice them just the same, but it'll keep you a little safer in the mean time?

exactly. its a small enough effect that you probably wouldnt be able to notice it from bike to bike unless you were looking for it.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#854 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

So I got the new pump installed today... Was surprised how easy it was... Easier than changing the oil... Hardest part was unclipping the damn electrical connector (why do they make them so hard to get apart?!)

After riding it, I must say... I GOT MY BABY BACK!!! She no longer has the sniffles, and is back to rippin harder than ever!

What was supposed to be a short jaunt on the freeway to see if she's back to normal turned into a half hour of getting on and off the freeway so I could keep blasting down the on-ramps Posted Image

I think people must've heard me coming from two miles away... Not just cus of the alienhead, but because of me hootin an hollerin at the top of my lungs, yelling out joyous explitives.

My throat is kinda sore... might it have anything to do with flying down the road at 100+ yelling out "YEAAAHHHH BUDDDYYYYY!!!"
My Feedback

Posted Image

#855 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hey motorcycle club, I come to you help with identifying a bike, here is the best picture I could take. It has a sporty back, but a traditional harley front.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#856 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Picture: Posted Image

Edited by Dee, 12 July 2011 - 09:46 PM.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#857 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

Edit: I retract my previous statement.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 13 July 2011 - 04:18 PM.

By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#858 Nick

Nick

USAF

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

Well, i've been doing a hell of alot of riding. I finally broke and bought the Aprilia Shiver I was looking at.

I have to say, silver/gold is a very sexy color combo. Plus i look awesome in my Dainese leathers, Sidi boots, and my Shark RSR2 Duhammel helmet.

#859 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Nice. I drool over the RSV4 every time I go get parts. Speaking of which; diaphragm and new carb kit comes in Friday! Than it's on with the frame swap and rebuild. Sorry it's been so long. My trip to Panama cost more than I wanted, and I had to recuperate financially.
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#860 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

Hey guys. Been a while. Had to work almost 30 hours straight last week, and then had a competition in colorado this weekend.

Dee- I'm no good with harleys but it looks a bit like a sportster to me. Can anyone else who knows more about these bikes chime in?

Nick- nice dude. Hows she ride? They look nimble as all hell.

Mouse- this is for that yz if I remember correctly? Did you decide on a frame color?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#861 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hey guys. Been a while. Had to work almost 30 hours straight last week, and then had a competition in colorado this weekend.

Mouse- this is for that yz if I remember correctly? Did you decide on a frame color?

Yeh... That YZ.
I'm prolly just going to go with a royal blue... Maybe my dealer has a way to get factory color matched Team Yamaha Blue... No big deal though. I might leave it like it is for convenience's sake. No rust as far as far as I can tell... Just to be safe though I probably should wire wheel it and start fresh.
I know for sure though I need to start working on it again...

#862 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

Picture: Posted Image

V-rod.
Posted Image

#863 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

oh if you plan on doing stunts, then I recommend either investing in frame sliders and cheap trashed plastics, or a good cage. Because it dont matter how good you are, or how good you get, you will wreck sometime.

Now if you want a recommendation about which cage to buy, I couldnt help you. Never bought one myself.

True that if Guru Khalsa can lay a bike down stunting anyone can. I'd go full streetfighter if you're planning on stunting alot. Without the fairing you lose a ton of weight and a part to break. The dirtbike bars will also give you more leverage to pull it up, and make it more comfortable.The full cage will also prevent cracked cases.

Edited by cavemag, 24 July 2011 - 04:39 AM.

Posted Image

#864 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

oh if you plan on doing stunts, then I recommend either investing in frame sliders and cheap trashed plastics, or a good cage. Because it dont matter how good you are, or how good you get, you will wreck sometime.

Now if you want a recommendation about which cage to buy, I couldnt help you. Never bought one myself.

True that if Guru Khalsa can lay a bike down stunting anyone can. I'd go full streetfighter if you're planning on stunting alot. Without the fairing you lose a ton of weight and a part to break. The dirtbike bars will also give you more leverage to pull it up, and make it more comfortable.The full cage will also prevent cracked cases.

I mostly agree. Your weight savings from lack of fairings are going to me minimal, especially compared to the weight savings when buying a new pipe. However yes, it definitely does make it a bit cheaper when you drop it. And the taller and wider bars they typically have do help with control a lot.

*edit*
OMG that is a v-rod! I should've known that, considering its one of the two Harley's I actually like! I guess I didnt recognize it, because I have never seen the rear end of one lol :D B)

Edited by danath 34, 25 July 2011 - 01:23 AM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#865 Nick

Nick

USAF

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

She rides very nimble, very torquey, great sounding engine, and gets eye-fucked every time i roll up to a light. I <3 Italian Bikes

#866 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

Out of all the bikes in this thread, that is the first one to make me very jealous. I am jealous because that is my dream street bike. Those are straight sexy. Even though I honestly know jack squat about them I know deep down I will own one. Hope you don't mind that I just rode that thing through proxy.

Edited by kawasaki.kdx200man, 27 July 2011 - 12:56 AM.

#867 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

And here's one of the reasons I've been so late on my YZF.

Posted Image

2001 TRD OFF ROAD 4X4 Tacoma
Light Bar
OME 2.5" CO Lift
32" MT's (Soon to be exchanged for AT's)
Locked Front and Rear. The only thing stopping this thing is a Brick Wall.
2.7l I4 with CAI and Magnaflow Hi-Flo cat, Muffler, and SS 2.5 Tubing.
And a 5spd Manual.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 28 July 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#868 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

So... my birthday is next Saturday. 18... scary.

Anyway, the good news is, I'm signing up for the MSF course in September. I plan to be on a bike by the end of the year (still have a couple other bills to pay... thanks, college).

More good news? I've decided, once and for all, what I want. I would love to get a hold of a SV650SF. Of course, that's all assuming I can find one around here when the time comes. :lol:

Edit:

Nice truck, Mouse. Looks nearly identical to the one I was eyeballing before I picked up my Wrangler.

Edited by J. Nez, 05 August 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#869 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

So... my birthday is next Saturday. 18... scary.

Anyway, the good news is, I'm signing up for the MSF course in September. I plan to be on a bike by the end of the year (still have a couple other bills to pay... thanks, college).

More good news? I've decided, once and for all, what I want. I would love to get a hold of a SV650SF. Of course, that's all assuming I can find one around here when the time comes. :lol:

Edit:

Nice truck, Mouse. Looks nearly identical to the one I was eyeballing before I picked up my Wrangler.

Thanks. I was hoping to be able to use it for deer season this year... But it looks like that wont happen since I'll be in basic during the fall. Don't know whether to be happy or sad.

But good choice on the Suzuki. I sat on one at the dealer the other day. Felt pretty comfortable.

#870 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

Haven't been on this in a while! Nice looking truck mouse, love the color. Only thing new in my world is I am working on a trade for my 06 yz250 for an 08 wr450. Straight across! I'm gonna miss my little 2 stroke though...

#871 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

Posted Image

Has like 19k miles on it. I'd need to check. But very nice.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#872 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

Haven't been on this in a while! Nice looking truck mouse, love the color. Only thing new in my world is I am working on a trade for my 06 yz250 for an 08 wr450. Straight across! I'm gonna miss my little 2 stroke though...

Atleast you won't have to mix gas and swap top ends anymore!! Just make sure you check your clearances. Those Yamahas can be picky. I think you'll enjoy it though. It's a pretty different powerband. It's a lot more fun to ride IMO. Unless all you do is ride in straight lines.

#873 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

Atleast you won't have to mix gas and swap top ends anymore!! Just make sure you check your clearances. Those Yamahas can be picky. I think you'll enjoy it though. It's a pretty different powerband. It's a lot more fun to ride IMO. Unless all you do is ride in straight lines.

My thoughts exactly, I think it will be a good change. Hope to start racing hare scramble on it too.

#874 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

I think you'll find it well suited for hares. The hole shot may be a bit tricky, but you got a broader range of power. I personally like the 250f. It's a happy medium. Long usable power band, but it's a little higher revving and lighter rotational mass make for quicker acceleration out of corners IMO. But then again, I ride lites, so I'm biased.. But you're comin off of a YZ250, so you should be good.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 14 August 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#875 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

EWWW!!!! YZF Update time! Just scored a set of like new Mounted Excel Rims off ebay for a whopping 300 bucks. Just the rims are $160+ a pop new. These already have hubs and spokes. So hell yes.

Edit: They have fresh Bearings too.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 14 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#876 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

I think you'll find it well suited for hares. The hole shot may be a bit tricky, but you got a broader range of power. I personally like the 250f. It's a happy medium. Long usable power band, but it's a little higher revving and lighter rotational mass make for quicker acceleration out of corners IMO. But then again, I ride lites, so I'm biased.. But you're comin off of a YZ250, so you should be good.

Cant argue that point. I loved my 07 yz 250f. The wr kinda falls on its face compared to my 2 stroke yz or even my last stroke yz. But I think the broader power range and the magic e-start button will do me nice in the woods. But they guy can't get the lean hold release. Which means no deal for me! Hope he figures it out....

#877 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Cant argue that point. I loved my 07 yz 250f. The wr kinda falls on its face compared to my 2 stroke yz or even my last stroke yz. But I think the broader power range and the magic e-start button will do me nice in the woods. But they guy can't get the lean hold release. Which means no deal for me! Hope he figures it out....

Yeh that "e" button comes in handy. But so does my hot start lever. :)

EDIT: BTW, just bought some parts for the bike. A new throttle tube and Cable, new filter and cage, and a service manual cause I have no idea what my valve tolarences are and I want some factory specs.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 19 August 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#878 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I have yet to get into more then a carb cleaning on four strokes. Those motors scare me with my 2 stroke back round! haha

#879 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have yet to get into more then a carb cleaning on four strokes. Those motors scare me with my 2 stroke back round! haha

Ahahah. I know bro. Took me a while too. Not that difficult though. And just because you don't need to swap top ends over EVERY 40 Hours, doesn't mean the bike won't require maintenence. Get used to checking valve tolerances and cam chain tightness ever 10 hours or so. Filter and Oil Change after every ride... Frankly I kind of miss the plain old Top End rebuild and oil changes...

#880 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

I had my Yz250f for awhile but not long enough to do more than oil and air filters. And looks like my WR deal fell through...... guy can't get his shit together and round up a lean release. But I am dead set on one by next summer so I will be on one soon!

#881 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

I had my Yz250f for awhile but not long enough to do more than oil and air filters. And looks like my WR deal fell through...... guy can't get his shit together and round up a lean release. But I am dead set on one by next summer so I will be on one soon!

Find a deal and rebuild one like me! :D

It's a good thing riding a bike is something you never forget... Because I think I've spent so much working on this one I would've forgotten otherwise.

#882 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

It's a good thing riding a bike is something you never forget... Because I think I've spent so much working on this one I would've forgotten otherwise.

I feel ya! I have only gotten out on 3 real rides all year. I can not wait for cooler weather/less soccer around here.

#883 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

I feel ya! I have only gotten out on 3 real rides all year. I can not wait for cooler weather/less soccer around here.

Dude I know how you feel about the cooler weather. I havn't even been able to go offroading in my truck it's been so hot.

With the humidity like it is around here, it's regulary 110+ degrees outside.

Arizona ain't got shit on us.B)
It ain't the heat. It's the humidity.

#884 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

Heat? No biggy. Humidity? Bend me over. Soccer on the turf the last 3 days has been over 105. And I am way up here in Missouri!

#885 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

More parts came in!

New Scott Grips (nothing fancy, but with the way I go through them, who needs fancy grips?)

New Motion Pro Titan Throttle Tube (I put these on my bikes. Good thing too. I didn't know my stocker was broken untill I split my old grips off today!) By far my favorite tube. People just don't understand that it doesnt have to be machined aluminum to be a good part.

New throttle Cable! Motion Pro strikes again! A third of the cost of OEM.

New Steering Tube wrench... Cause I lost my last one using it as a bottle opener.

And an ever so handy Clymer's Manual.

Also got a New filter and Cage, for [again] a third of the cost of OEM.

All that's left is a set of MSR Levers and My chain and sprocket. Oh and I'm STILL waiting on my carb kit (ordered in June). Picking my rims up tomorrow. Then after all that it's a day in the shop reassembling the bike.

Decided to wait on the top end job for a few weeks (I'd rather have the bike DONE, so that it's off my mind, then I can do odds and ends maintenence.)

#886 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

So, my dad bought one of those wacky Can - Am spyders. I lol'd.

#887 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Mouse- Sounds like the build is coming along well! Pics when your done for sure.

J. Nez- Those are the goofiest things I have ever seen. haha how does it ride?

#888 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

So today I bit the bullet and decided to go ahead with the cam chain swap.

Took the top end down, and when I went to pull the flywheel to start on my camchain swap, my 27x1 LH puller does not fit. My Book says what puller to use... but it just doesn't fucking work.

So I get to go the the stealership and have them wrench on my bike.

Do I bring it to them, let them pull my flywheel, do the work myself, then bring it back? D:

Or do I just bring it to them and ask them to replace my chain and check my clearences?

I've already established they know nothing about dirt bikes... It takes a fucking month and a half to get a carburater kit shipped in... And it seems noone there knows who makes the YZ250F. They have to ask me every time. You'd think a bike dealer would know of one of the most common dirtbikes available. Espeically when there's 5 of them sitting on the showroom floor...

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 29 August 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#889 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

Those are the goofiest things I have ever seen. haha how does it ride?

I agree! It looks absolutely hideous! And honestly, I don't know. Sure, I've ridden it, but I've never ridden a real motorcycle yet, so I cannot compare it to that. What it's really like, is riding an ATV. You don't need to lean into turns, you just do it because it's more comfortable. However, that thing is fairly quick. More so than I expected. Not sportbike quick, but enough to put a smile on my old man's face. Also, it has the weirdest transmission. It's not a real manual, but it's not quite an automatic, either. There is no clutch, and you don't need to downshift, but it will not upshift for you.

Overall, it's a fast, ugly, street ATV. :lol:

#890 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

sigh... Zipped up the engine today. Cam Chain's got a tad to much slack in it for me. Vavles are just out of clearence too. So I may just bring it in once I find a new dealer.

Started on the stripping the new frame today. I may take down the front suspension on the old bike while I wait for that aircraft stuff to kick in.

Posted Image

Kind of bad about pictures... So I took this one 15 minutes after I started when I remembered.

Edit: So I was thinking, That after all the work I put in and the cost of paint and supplies (I am currently out of), and the fact that I'm no professional, it might be worth it to look into getting a quote for PCing the frame... I figure that would be the nicest way to go. thoughts?

Go figure the one time I take my time to put this much work into a bike I get all these problems... :D
I guess that's what I get when I buy a beater like this one was with the hopes of ending up with a completely fresh bike. Oh well. Having fun the entire way there...

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 30 August 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#891 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

You can usually find a local guy / shop that will powder coat for cheap. My buddy got a shifter kart frame coated for $100 flat. Not too bad if you ask me.

Also, where has Danath been? :blink:

#892 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Yep! I shot the guy an email, and he responded within an hour. Their customer service seems promising! without even looking at the frame he quoted me 125. I assume that's blasted and prepped as well.

#893 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

GOODIES!!!!!!!

Posted Image

And where HAS Danath been?

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 31 August 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#894 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Mmmm black sprockets. On excel rims too. You have class my friend. :) Hope you find a better shop, I am lucky and haven't had to use one but my dad use to run one of the big local ones so I am set. Still have to pay but they treat me nice.
And I am missing Danath too!

#895 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Oh yes. Only the best on my bikes. :)

so. got the forks almost taken down. and of course one of the clamp bolts is being a hard ass. the head is worn almost round. cant get a good bite with my ratchets. taking it to my dads tomorrow to hopefully pop it lose with the impact. i got a little mad and sanded it down one of the sides so i could use a 3/8 open end (yes, the only metric wrench i'm missing is my 10). yeh yeh. i was impatient. got it with some penetrating oil a few minutes ago. gonna let that sit over night. worste case senario, i drill a hole through the head and pry it off with an allen wrench. unconventional? yes. effective? yes.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 01 September 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#896 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Now, I tend to be a little more into sporty bikes than anything else. However, the other day, I saw something interesting. It was a Kawasaki Versys. I'd seen pictures online, and always thought the thing was fugly. But this one was a bright orange, and actually looked rather nice. Nice enough that I actually liked it!

#897 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Oh yes. Only the best on my bikes. :)

so. got the forks almost taken down. and of course one of the clamp bolts is being a hard ass. the head is worn almost round. cant get a good bite with my ratchets. taking it to my dads tomorrow to hopefully pop it lose with the impact. i got a little mad and sanded it down one of the sides so i could use a 3/8 open end (yes, the only metric wrench i'm missing is my 10). yeh yeh. i was impatient. got it with some penetrating oil a few minutes ago. gonna let that sit over night. worste case senario, i drill a hole through the head and pry it off with an allen wrench. unconventional? yes. effective? yes.

Can you not cut a slot in it and get a flat head on it? That works for me normally.

J-Nez: Never heard of it! what style bike is it?

#898 MK3K4V

MK3K4V

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

http://www.google.co...rsys orange#i=5

I kinda like it, but I like it more in all black

DP g3,Halo too w/ rip drive,Pure Energy 68/45
Posted Image

#899 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Indeed. I believe the one I saw was the 2010 model, like this one:

Spoiler

It's a wacky bike, not a dual sport, or quite a sport tourer, and I've never been much into that style, but for whatever reason, I just... like it.

#900 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

Also, where has Danath been? :blink:

And where HAS Danath been?

And I am missing Danath too!

Haha didnt realize I had so many fans... :P

Yeah, Ive been real busy lately... My latest hobby, as some of you may have heard me talk about before, heavy athletics (the highland games) has really taken a lot of my time away from paintball. I have practice every Sunday, and Ive also been having out of state competitions every few weekends or so. That, combined with school and work means I havent had time for paintball in a couple months now... Ive got a case and a half thats been sitting in my closet untouched, which is something that NEVER lasts for more than a week... But every now and then when Im bored at work, I come on techpb with my phone, but I think its just about impossible to find this thread on the mobile site... so I get frustrated and watch youtube instead.

*cough* I missed you guys too *cough*

ahem...

Anywho... still riding the same bike... still telling myself Im gonna finish working on the dirtbike...

But heres something entertaining!

Turns out a buddy of mine is in the Pharos Scooter Club... Whodathunk they actually had scooter clubs?! Like legit, vests and patches, pledges and initiations, rally-riding fuckin scooter club!! Its the craziest thing... They act like a legit motorcycle club, and there are several big skin head, spike wearing, tattoo covered tough-guys, riding fucking vespas!!

Anywho... he asked me to come along on their annual rally... yes, on the busa. It was pretty fun... they certainly know how to party... It was essentially a 3 day kegger... I did go on their ride... It was about a 5 hour ride... And I didnt get outta second gear lol.

I wish my phone didnt die... Cus I really wanted a pic of my busa towering over a hundred friggin scooters! That woulda been hilarious.
My Feedback

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users