#901 J. Nez

J. Nez

Now with 2x the Vitamin C

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hey!

Good to hear everything is going well for you, even if it does mean no paintball. We all know you'll get back out there eventually, right?

Also, a scooter club? that sounds pretty nuts! Imagining a massive 'Busa in there with them makes me laugh a little; did any of them give you a hard time for not being on a scooter? That would be even more hilarious. :lol:

#902 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hey!

Good to hear everything is going well for you, even if it does mean no paintball. We all know you'll get back out there eventually, right?

Also, a scooter club? that sounds pretty nuts! Imagining a massive 'Busa in there with them makes me laugh a little; did any of them give you a hard time for not being on a scooter? That would be even more hilarious. :lol:

yeah, there were plenty of "get a real bike" comments... I laughed...

I laughed especially when I took off on my own for the return trip on the ride, and made it back in half the time it took them.

I actually went to play paintball yesterday, after practice (which woulda been tiring as hell, but worth it) and the other guys bailed... So no paintball for me :(
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#903 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

I would honestly not be intimidated by a scooter gang. That is just down right goofy!

#904 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:40 AM

Kawasaki.kdx200man suggested that I ask for some assistance in this thread, and it looks to be a good place to ask, lol. Anyway, I made a thread in off topic chatter that I will link below asking about some motorcycle gear. I plan to pick up a Ninja 250R come next spring, and I am trying to budget out what everything is going to cost me, and what sort of things to look for. In the thread I will link, I have some stuff that I had thought of buying. (if I was buying it now, obviously in 6 months I am sure I will need to find equivalent stuff) Anyway, please let me know what you think. I have two kids to go home to each day, so good protection is paramount to me.

http://www.techpb.co...0

Edited by Latsabb, 08 September 2011 - 12:40 AM.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#905 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

I would honestly not be intimidated by a scooter gang. That is just down right goofy!

Go to taiwan. Posted Image

#906 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

Man... The last week has been down right beautiful... Low 70's, almost 0 humidity, not a cloud in the sky... And my bike is still apart. Posted Image

Did make it to the spillway yesterday afternoon... Was on my buddies KX250F (Yeh, I rode a Kawi). And I will say this.

Shittiest. Bike. Ever.
Extremely underpowered and the Suspension Sucked. It wanted to wash out of every Line I tried to take.

I did however meet a guy who let me ride (Yes I'm serious) His CR500AF. Talk about fun. It was like straddling a jet. This thing was mean. Awesome bike. And The guy had it dialed in perfectly. I took it around once... Best ride ever. The bike handles soo better than I thought it would. That plant on modern suspension geompetry is like teh secks.
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#907 Lunatic_on_high

Lunatic_on_high

You've never done a run through till you do it with a pump.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hmm just want to know your guys opinion on the Ninja 250r, when I say opinion I want to know what you didn't like about it. Otherwise I have only heard good things

#908 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

Fantastic starting bikes, surprisingly comfy, despite having a smaller engine they retain a larger shell. allowing lots of play when you actually sit on them, great for citys. Your bets bet is to buy them used at the market has lots of them up.
just remember to mention that the bike is a "EX250" instead of a "Ninja"

"ninja" = "We suck your wallet of any money you thought you might of had in it"
EX250 = "oh its just a 250CC engine...."

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#909 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

Kawasaki.kdx200man suggested that I ask for some assistance in this thread, and it looks to be a good place to ask, lol. Anyway, I made a thread in off topic chatter that I will link below asking about some motorcycle gear. I plan to pick up a Ninja 250R come next spring, and I am trying to budget out what everything is going to cost me, and what sort of things to look for. In the thread I will link, I have some stuff that I had thought of buying. (if I was buying it now, obviously in 6 months I am sure I will need to find equivalent stuff) Anyway, please let me know what you think. I have two kids to go home to each day, so good protection is paramount to me.

http://www.techpb.co...0

I am a dirt rider so I can't help first hand but here is what I suggest:
Don't skimp on the helmet or gloves. At least for me I gotta have comfortable gloves and a safe helmet.
Also for the street having a textile jacket is a very strong suggestion and good boots. Finally a strong pair of riding jeans or even better the fancier (not sure what they are called) are a good thing to have.
That should be all you need to ride safely, hell that is over the top for most people I see. But the safer the better.

#910 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

I am a dirt rider so I can't help first hand but here is what I suggest:
Don't skimp on the helmet or gloves. At least for me I gotta have comfortable gloves and a safe helmet.
Also for the street having a textile jacket is a very strong suggestion and good boots. Finally a strong pair of riding jeans or even better the fancier (not sure what they are called) are a good thing to have.
That should be all you need to ride safely, hell that is over the top for most people I see. But the safer the better.

Yeah, I have been looking at some textile jackets that are armored with d3o, but I keep hearing that nothing is going to be as abrasion resistant as a set of leathers. But I cant find a set of armored leathers that I like, and that has the armor placements that I want. Plus, the leather apparently does very poorly in the rain, and in Bergen it rains a LOT.

After a bunch of consideration, I think I will go with a Firstgear TPG Rainier jacket, and Firstgear TPG Escape pants. I liked other pants more, but the Firstgear stuff can attach to each other with the back zipper, and I like that function. But I might go for a set of armored leathers that has a back plate insert pocket, and then put a d3o backplate in it.

But now I have kind of a long winded question about the bike...

Well, I had been looking primarily at the Ninja 250R as my first bike, and had kind of planned for that, but the more I think about it, and read around, the more I am unsure.

I am 5'11" and weigh 220. The max speed limit that I will ever encounter is 55MPH, and even that is fairly rare for where I will be driving. I will typically be doing 40ishMPH. I keep reading that the Ninja is a great beginners bike, and that is does really well for its size, and so forth, and it is a nice looking bike. I also, partially, like the idea of it being a nice, light bike. Since it will be my first and all.

That said, it has basically no storage capacity, and since I plan to use it to commute to and from work each day, and will likely want to buy at least small amounts of food and drink, it seems like I might be SOL on the Ninja. Plus, it has a ton of fairings, which means it will be more costly when I lay it down. (not saying I will, but I am assuming that it is going to happen at least once in the beginning months)

Now, the other bikes that I see for sale in my area that are within my price range are either brands I have not really heard of, which makes me wary (Qingqi, Daelim, Rieju, Hyosung, to name a new) or are older models, which also makes me wary. Not that I have anything against older bikes, but if I can get 2004 or newer, it makes me feel a bit safer since I dont know anything about maintaining them, or what could be wrong with it. I have a friend that rides that will come with me, be he says himself that he isnt too technical when it comes to the bikes.

So that leaves me looking at a Suzuki Intruder VS800, or a Honda VT750 Shadow. They are both Cruisers, while the Ninja isnt, but they have storage capacity. Both could have saddlebags attached, and they are heavier. Now, I know I said that I liked the Ninja because it was lighter, but most of the roads I will be going one are single lane roads, and with heavy big rig traffic. And with no center divider, the suction is likely going to be a decent factor. Also, I have two bridges to drive over, where the cross winds can get fairly fast.

So what do you guys think? And are the two Cruisers too big for me as a newcomer? The engines are huge compared to the sport bikes, but I have come to the understanding that it isnt as big of an issue since the Cruisers dont drive like the sport bikes...

Thanks for your help!
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#911 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

If it's for commuting I would say to get a Naked bike.
Posted Image
Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head

#912 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

Any particular reason?
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#913 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

Comfortable riding position, storage, can be cheaper. Still have some speed.
Posted Image
Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head

#914 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

Shadows are good bikes and they make smaller displacement ones, like 500cc I think. But have you looked into a dual sport like a klr 600? Lots of storage and a great all around bike. And look into sport touring bikes. They have good storage and and the best of both worlds from cruisers and sport bikes.

#915 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

I would argue against that. I know that, where I live, at least, a normal day's commute can include more than 60 miles of highway. Fairings are great if you plan to ride on the highway often.

#916 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

Shadows are good bikes and they make smaller displacement ones, like 500cc I think. But have you looked into a dual sport like a klr 600? Lots of storage and a great all around bike. And look into sport touring bikes. They have good storage and and the best of both worlds from cruisers and sport bikes.

Yeah, they make smaller displacement ones, but I have searched a lot here in Norway, and the 500 seems to be exceedingly rare. The 750 and above seemed fairly common. Most of the Cruisers here seem to be 125 (way too small for me) or 600+.

I would argue against that. I know that, where I live, at least, a normal day's commute can include more than 60 miles of highway. Fairings are great if you plan to ride on the highway often.

May I ask what it is about the fairings that makes them nicer to ride? My commute is about 30-40 minutes in good traffic, and only two stretches of road that have a speed limit above 50, which, combined, are likely under three miles. Nearly the entire commute is 35-45.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#917 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

I'm in the city though. Speed camera crazy and not much straight road.
Posted Image

#918 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Sallario, I never said a naked bike was a bad choice. I actually happen to like them quite a bit myself! I guess my point was just that "commuting" can vary greatly between people, and they may have different requirements. If, by my understanding, your terms of commuting means mostly in-city riding, I would agree with you. A naked would be my choice as well. I typed on my iPod touch, so I apologize if my reply seemed a little on the rude side. :(

Latsabb, the thing that a fairing will do is reduce wind buffeting at speed. I live in an area where the highway speed limit is 75MPH for quite a while. On a naked, you would be feeling all of that, all the way. A fairing won't eliminate that (you're still on a bike), but it will help a little. However, some people don't mind that, and if you don't plan to ride much on the highway, a naked bike will have less parts to replace when you end up dropping the bike.

Both naked bikes and faired bikes are great, because it means you get out there, and ride. In the end, the choice obviously is yours to make, but I simply felt I should help explain that a fairing isn't necessarily a bad thing for commuting. ;)

#919 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Sallario, I never said a naked bike was a bad choice. I actually happen to like them quite a bit myself! I guess my point was just that "commuting" can vary greatly between people, and they may have different requirements. If, by my understanding, your terms of commuting means mostly in-city riding, I would agree with you. A naked would be my choice as well. I typed on my iPod touch, so I apologize if my reply seemed a little on the rude side. :(

Latsabb, the thing that a fairing will do is reduce wind buffeting at speed. I live in an area where the highway speed limit is 75MPH for quite a while. On a naked, you would be feeling all of that, all the way. A fairing won't eliminate that (you're still on a bike), but it will help a little. However, some people don't mind that, and if you don't plan to ride much on the highway, a naked bike will have less parts to replace when you end up dropping the bike.

Both naked bikes and faired bikes are great, because it means you get out there, and ride. In the end, the choice obviously is yours to make, but I simply felt I should help explain that a fairing isn't necessarily a bad thing for commuting. ;)

Ah sorry, I didn't take your comment as rude and I didn't mean to sound rude. Sorry.

I was meant to add "For a motorway commute fair enough" But forgot. No hard feelings.
Posted Image

#920 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Well my carb kit never came in, so I cancelled the order... Picked up an intertube... On the way out saw a smecksy '07 RM-Z. Clutch Felt like Buttuh. Showa Revalved Suspension. Excell Rims. Clean Clean. Maybe 20hrs. Giving some serious thought to dropping a DP on it and selling the YZF once I get it built up (Just waiting to get the frame PC'd). And that project will be completed. Plus It'd be a good excuse to build up some credit.
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#921 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

I like the RMZ's... especially the newer ones... the 450's? :wub:

sorry im late on this guys...

lunatic- the ninja 250 is a great starter bike. if you havent ridden before, and want a street bike, especially a sportier bike, thats the one I would recommend. However, know that as your skills improve, and you get more and more into riding, you are going to outgrow it and want a bigger, more powerful bike, so you will eventually be buying a new one.

latsabb- sounds like you have most of your questions answered... I would go for the best riding gear you can afford. For me, thats not all that much, unfortunately. I have a scorpion helmet, which is on the cheaper side, but is DOT/SNELL approved (not sure what the equivalent is in Norway, but look for the approval stickers)... I also have a speed and strength jacket. It is a textile jacket on the cheaper side, and has both a zipper on the back for pants, and belt loops to snap around your belt if your pants dont have the zipper. It has great armor, and a good amount of it. It breathes very well, has a decent denier rating (the strength of the textile material), and has a removeable winter/rain vest. The vents you can open and close actually do work, compared to other jackets I have worn where you cant tell the difference in air flow between open and closed. I also have just gotten used to wearing steel toe boots that cover my ankle as my daily shoe. Not quite a full riding boot, but MUCH better than tennis shoes, and can still be worn around when not on the bike. I wear a nice pair of armored leather gloves, as well, which were around 70$. I am bad about pants, though in that I only wear typical jeans. I have been meaning to at least pick up some high denier riding jeans...

As for the bike, if all you will ever see is 55mph, and dont want to exceed that, the ninja250 is probably perfect. I wouldnt worry too much about the wind blast from passing semis... It is weird as hell at first, but you get used to it. I would imagine riding a heavier bike isnt going to help you all that much compared to a lighter one. You just gotta build your reactions and instincts. As for storage, do you think you are going to carry anything that you cant fit into a backpack? I just wear my backpack when I ride, and thats all I need.

Between the bikes you listed, I would take the ninja. Just a more fun bike. But then again, im not into the cruiser scene. I ride for fun, not comfort.

Oh and stay away from those no name chinese/korean/taiwanese crap bikes... My buddy had a 150 chinabike, and my 125 yamaha kicked the shit out of it in every regard. It was faster, more reliable (A LOT more reliable), smoother, etc etc... shit would just fall of his bike like it does a harley...
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#922 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Bringing my frame in after work today to get PC'd. The colors gonna be a suprise. I will say that it's pretty original.

#923 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

Neon pink? :rolleyes:

#924 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Neon pink? :rolleyes:

Lol Actually pretty Close. :P

#925 J. Nez

J. Nez

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

HA! :D

#926 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Still waiting on the frame to get back from PC. Tearing down the front end next week sometime. Getting new fluid and seals. Got some pitting on the upper tubes. Might be a problem later on but for now I'm just going to keep an eye on it.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 25 September 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#927 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

So even though I cancelled my order for the carb kit like 2 weeks the hot chick at the Powersports called me to let me know that the part I had on order had come in.

She digs me. :D :dodgy:

#928 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

I should be getting a KX or a YZ 250 when my mom gets her tax return. :)

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#929 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

YZ Over KX.

#930 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

YZ Over KX.

Why? Kawasaki and Yamaha makes good products.

Edited by LikeACheeseStick, 28 September 2011 - 02:48 PM.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#931 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

we talking 4 or 2 stroke? Yamaha is always a safe bet. Kawasaki was hit and miss some years.

#932 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

YZ Over KX.

Why? Kawasaki and Yamaha makes good products.

Kawasaki makes garbage.

we talking 4 or 2 stroke? Yamaha is always a safe bet. Kawasaki was hit and miss some all years.

#933 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

Only when they were teamed up with slow-zuki did they make shit bikes. KX 2 strokes have always been fine to me. And the KDX 200/220 is gods gift to man for play trail riding. But I will say that Kawi 4 strokes are rather.... picky.

#934 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

BMW is releasing a 2012 sport bike. (apparently one with a 500CC engine too)
hmmm

Edited by Eskimo, 03 October 2011 - 05:28 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#935 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

I am interested. Keep us posted!

#936 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

Only when they were teamed up with slow-zuki did they make shit bikes. KX 2 strokes have always been fine to me. And the KDX 200/220 is gods gift to man for play trail riding. But I will say that Kawi 4 strokes are rather.... picky.

Suzuki makes really good bikes. The new clutches on the RMs are amazing. And their Suspension setup is awesome. I think the only one to do it better would be Yamaha.

And when it comes to motors, Honda's Unicam just takes the cake. Those things are a godsend to work on.

Kawasaki is "bleh" to me... I don't even know how it won the Lites shootout last year. The engine was supposed to really put out.

I have yet to ride a Kawi that isn't a jetting nightmare, and that won't bog down out of a corner, or keep its ass end in the line for that matter.

That being said, I've never owned a KX, or ever had the time to tune and set up one. So I may a little be prejudiced towards them, but what have they brought to the table?

Except those black rims you got for 500 more bucks. Man, they look trick don't they?

:dodgy:

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 05 October 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#937 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I haven't ridden the newer suzukis, but the 04 kx 250f I owned was basically a rmz 250. It sucked so much. When it ran, it ran bad. But the newer ones look real nice. I will always be a yamaha man though <3

#938 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

I will always be a yamaha man though <3

Hahaha that's funny because your name suggests otherwise! :P

We all know I'm an metric enthusiast... But one of the guys at work had to bring his Dyna in for service, and since he's friends with the Harley Dealer manager, he got to use one of their bikes for the weekend. He showed up Friday on an Iron 883. It had a Vance and Hines exhaust on it (I think it was a bike someone bought and then traded up on). Sounded pretty nice. I found out I am a sucker for the bobbers. I love riding my dad's Super Glide, but this thing just stole my heart. I'd take one of those over a sportbike any day. When I finally do buy a bike (still waiting to see how my military career pans out) that would definitely be my number one.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 09 October 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#939 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

My name represents my favorite woods bike of all time, the kdx 200. But now that I do more serious riding it just can't keep up. Still holds a fond place in my heart!

And there is nothing wrong with a little bobber lovin! I don't do much with harleys but they do always have a certain charisma around them I like.

#940 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

YZ Over KX.

CR and Ktm over all.

Edited by cavemag, 10 October 2011 - 02:28 AM.

Posted Image

#941 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

YZ Over KX.

CR and Ktm over all.

Nah...

#942 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

FRAME IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#943 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Pictures bro pictures!!

#944 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

Some D-Bag broke into my tool box when I was on Bourbon last weekend. Got all my tools, plus my front AND rear axles, all the hardware that was on the axles (washers, aduster blocks, etc) and my steering stem hardware. Fucking dick.

#945 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Thats a low blow. Tools getting jacked really rubs me the wrong way, especially out of the back of your own truck. Looks like the frame came out nice though!

#946 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

Well, as much shit as I used to talk about motorcyclists, looks like I'm joining you now. Imagine that. :lol:

Just picked up a 79 Yamaha XS750 yesterday for $700 bucks. Needs the fuel petcocks and the carbs rebuilt, and the bars are bent from a drop, but other than that it is in solid condition. Already have the needed parts, and a bunch of other parts that I might end up needing on order.

As soon as I can get some pictures I will post them in here.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#947 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Sounds like a good buy on a fairly easy project! Now all we need is some pictures.

#948 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm getting a Kawasaki KX450F soon. :) Yaaay.

#949 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm getting a Kawasaki KX450F soon. :) Yaaay.

What year? I finally got on the 450 band wagon with an '06 RMZ 450

#950 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Finally have my iPod back, so I might have some pictures of my XS750 tomorrow, if I remember to take some. ;)

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users