952 replies to this topic

#51 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

my first bike was a yamaha ttr 125l. i ran the shit outta that bike.
but man i tell ya... evading a cop on the interstate is one thing... but running from them in the suburbs is another thing... and the woods too way more adrenaline ill tell you that.
I gotta few good stories... I'll post 1 up a day.

My first major run in with the cops. I was about 14.We used to ride all over the levee of the mississippi river. (right by my house) but it was illegal, so wed have to watch for cops... well one time me and my friends were going to some dudes house and when we too kthe back of the levee to his house which was about 3 miles down the road... anyway sure enough when we crossed the road the cop came round the corner. so we jetted across and the cop kept going... we knew he seen us though... and whuddya know... 10 minutes later we can see his bumper peeking out past the trees on the levee right before the little gravel ramp thing. so were like oh fuck... so were freaking out riding threw peoples yards and shit... anyway i was on this 125 fourstroke... doin about 55 down the street thinking the cops are gonna come down into the burbs and chase us.... and the dude me and my friend were with comes flyin past me on his trx450 doin like 85 and passes me like im just sittin there. he was goin to his house which you could get to from where we were via the railroad tracks (We didnt know that at the time) anyway so i looked behind him to see where my friend was on his 250... and by the time i looked back there was just a cloud of dust on the tracks... great. so all we got is me on my dirt bike and my friend on his little honda recon... so after a bout an hour of sweatin bullets thinking oh shit how we gonna get home... ? we gonna wait him out? well after about an hour i just said fuck it I popped the clutch and flew up the levee and when i got to the bottom i was about ready to fucking take off... but then my friend decides to be a good citizen and stop for the cops... wtf. im not gonna leave him... so i just curse to myself and turn my bike off. So i get off my bike and walk up the levee and the cop has got his door open kneeling on the ground with his bull horn between his door and the car screaming what the fuck are you kids doing!? so then not 5 seconds later another cop pulled up... (they were waiting for us...) well the guy who was there first went over to talk to him and, (heres the cool part) i looked at my friend and somehow we just linked up telepathicly cuz i jumped on the front rack of his fourwheeler and he coasted down the levee and i jumped on my bike and we both took off. ahah.
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#52 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

nice story haha. Yeah I havent done anything like that before, but kinda similar. I was riding around my friend's house and in the arroyos and hills around it. It is all indian land, and you cant ride there, although so many people do ride there, that there are clear-cut trails all over. Well we were just cruisin down the street when a cop comes up and tries to pull us over (I was on my TTR125L at the time) and we just gunned it into the hills and never saw em again lol.

ME TOO!!!

yep, first bike was that TTR. Good little starter bike. I rode the shit out of it. I rode it for a few years until everyone basically said I looked like I was riding a clown-bike and needed to get a bigger one.

my mom at first actually didnt want me to get it. My step-dad at the time just got back into riding, and one day was just like "hey, lets get david a dirtbike!" Well the end of that day, we left with the TTR, and my mom called her sister and the first thing she said was "so you will never believe what I just bought david. Wait let me re-phrase that. You will never believe what I allowed david to have."

haha. Good times.

Then, when it came time to upgrade to a bigger bike, it was actually my mom's idea to get one that was street legal so I could ride it to school. Complete 180, right?

Then, when I got into college, I had a ton of money leftover from saving up and from pel-grants and stuff, and my mom was like "well since you have all of that money, you definitely could start making payments on that dreambike of yours..." So i got the busa! :D Who else has a mom that actually suggests they get the fastest production motorcycle on the planet at age 18?! Me, thats who!
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#53 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

nice story haha. Yeah I havent done anything like that before, but kinda similar. I was riding around my friend's house and in the arroyos and hills around it. It is all indian land, and you cant ride there, although so many people do ride there, that there are clear-cut trails all over. Well we were just cruisin down the street when a cop comes up and tries to pull us over (I was on my TTR125L at the time) and we just gunned it into the hills and never saw em again lol.

ME TOO!!!

yep, first bike was that TTR. Good little starter bike. I rode the shit out of it. I rode it for a few years until everyone basically said I looked like I was riding a clown-bike and needed to get a bigger one.

my mom at first actually didnt want me to get it. My step-dad at the time just got back into riding, and one day was just like "hey, lets get david a dirtbike!" Well the end of that day, we left with the TTR, and my mom called her sister and the first thing she said was "so you will never believe what I just bought david. Wait let me re-phrase that. You will never believe what I allowed david to have."

haha. Good times.

Then, when it came time to upgrade to a bigger bike, it was actually my mom's idea to get one that was street legal so I could ride it to school. Complete 180, right?

Then, when I got into college, I had a ton of money leftover from saving up and from pel-grants and stuff, and my mom was like "well since you have all of that money, you definitely could start making payments on that dreambike of yours..." So i got the busa! Posted Image Who else has a mom that actually suggests they get the fastest production motorcycle on the planet at age 18?! Me, thats who!

Second fastest. Posted Image
MMT Y2K dawg. beats the busa. sorry. Posted Image there made in louisiana. not many of them but there still production bikes.... look em up :D
but yeh... when my dad got me the bike my mom was pissed.

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 17 March 2010 - 06:37 PM.

By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#54 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

ME TOO!!!

haha. Good times.

Then, when I got into college, I had a ton of money leftover from saving up and from pel-grants and stuff, and my mom was like "well since you have all of that money, you definitely could start making payments on that dreambike of yours..." So i got the busa! Posted Image Who else has a mom that actually suggests they get the fastest production motorcycle on the planet at age 18?! Me, thats who!

MMT Y2K dawg. beats the busa. sorry. Posted Image there made in louisiana. not many of them but there still production bikes.... look em up :D

yeah I know all about those. Jay Leno has one, I believe, and he melted the grill of a car behind him because it gets so hot.

And they also cost 150K and are rather uncommon. I believe they are one-off made-as-ordered bikes, so I am not sure they really deserve to be called "production" bikes.

I no doubt have the fastest mass produced production motorcycle.

*edit*
Oh and the busa spanks the MTT in the 1/4. The MTT actually accelerates rather slowly because it has a 2 speed tranny (REALLY tall gears). But it has a top speed of like 235.

Edited by danath 34, 17 March 2010 - 07:37 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#55 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

ME TOO!!!

haha. Good times.

MMT Y2K dawg. beats the busa. sorry. Posted Image there made in louisiana. not many of them but there still production bikes.... look em up Posted Image

yeah I know all about those. Jay Leno has one, I believe, and he melted the grill of a car behind him because it gets so hot.

And they also cost 150K and are rather uncommon. I believe they are one-off made-as-ordered bikes, so I am not sure they really deserve to be called "production" bikes.

I no doubt have the fastest mass produced production motorcycle.

*edit*
Oh and the busa spanks the MTT in the 1/4. The MTT actually accelerates rather slowly because it has a 2 speed tranny (REALLY tall gears). But it has a top speed of like 235.

wow 2 gears? aint that some shit. prolly a good thing though...
but yeh... theyre production bikes... I thought they were made to order as well... but guinness has them down as most powerful and most expensive production bike. So it all depends on your point of view... and really and truly... for all included purposes... the busa prolly wins the fastest production bike award... I just wanted to be a douche... lol. Posted Image

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 18 March 2010 - 08:40 PM.

#56 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

haha ya I get ya man. They definitely do take the most expensive and most power, and I think highest stock top speed.

Although they have good competition with Boss Hoss for most power. They put 350 V8's in choppers Posted Image

Although they might not be production...
My Feedback

Posted Image

#57 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:42 PM

so on Saturday the weather got nice enough to work on the bike. I changed the oil and filter, and hope to get those tires on (at least the rear) this weekend. Then I am gonna wash it nice and purdy and be happy.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#58 freedompaintbala54

freedompaintbala54

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

hey guys i'm looking in to buying a motorcycle in the near future and I was thinking that you guys could give me some good advice on what to get btw im looking at buying a rocket
Posted Image
g3 owners club/ speedball Mafia/Bunker Baller Club/hockey players club, superloaders club
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that stuck to METAL and rock, put this in your sig!!!

#59 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

If I were you i'd get a cbr 600. But if you aren't into Honda Gsxr 600's are solid bike's. Just stay away from a liter bike til you get more experience. To many people don't and end up killing themselve's
Posted Image

#60 Brenden

Brenden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Hello all, I was looking into getting myself a motorcycle and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm sorta look for a rocket but the only experience I have is with dirtbikes. Any helpful tips?
Posted Image

#61 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

hey guys i'm looking in to buying a motorcycle in the near future and I was thinking that you guys could give me some good advice on what to get btw im looking at buying a rocket

Hello all, I was looking into getting myself a motorcycle and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm sorta look for a rocket but the only experience I have is with dirtbikes. Any helpful tips?

haha are you two the same person?

anywho, tell me more (be this two people or just one).

How old are you?
How big are you? (height and weight, if you dont mind telling. It does make a difference)
What is your budget?
How many years have you been riding?
What kinds of bikes have you ridden in the past, and which one do you have the most experience with?

Edited by danath 34, 23 March 2010 - 06:45 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#62 Brenden

Brenden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

Lol I don't believe we are the same person, anyways I'm 15 soon to be 16 in May. I'm not really looking at getting one right away just something to keep in my mind. I'm 5'10 and 140 pounds, I've rode here and there since age 12 so really not a whole lot of experience. I've only ridden dirt bikes but don't ask me the details of the bike because I would have no clue lol. Just that is was a Yamaha.
Posted Image

#63 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Lol I don't believe we are the same person, anyways I'm 15 soon to be 16 in May. I'm not really looking at getting one right away just something to keep in my mind. I'm 5'10 and 140 pounds, I've rode here and there since age 12 so really not a whole lot of experience. I've only ridden dirt bikes but don't ask me the details of the bike because I would have no clue lol. Just that is was a Yamaha.

ok, cool.

Well if I were you, I would look into a Suzuki DRZ-400.

There are three models.
E- complete offroad, not what you want
S- Dual Sport- 50/50 tires, and the lights and mirrors to make it street legal.
SM- Supermoto- same as S, but with a little different suspension (lower) and some sport tires.

This would be a good option since you are used to dirtbikes and dont have much experience. It is a 400cc single cylinder 4 stroke. I personally own an S and love it.

The SM is a really fun bike. I had my S set up as SM for a while, and it is such a blast! You cant get down like that in the twisties on any other bike!

If you get the S you can do street riding AND dirt riding. Lots of fun. I would go on a ride through the mountain twisties with my crotch rocket buddies then right after that without switching anything, go hit the trails.

Best of both worlds would be to get an S and buy a set of rims with sport tires for the SM. Then you could do both.

OR if you dont want to do any dirt at all, look into a Yamaha R6-S. This is not the full-blown R6. It is a slightly de-tuned R6 with a few cosmetic changes. It is a pretty good bike for the value, and will handle damn well. Yet it will be easy on a newer rider since it is a little detuned. You could always jump straight to the R6, which is what I did when I went from my 400 to a hayabusa, but you are going to have to really do some thinking and be honest with yourself about how level headed, responsible, and skilled you are.

Suzuki SV-650s are always great newer rider bikes, too and are plenty nimble, and have a good amount of torque out of the V-Twin they use.

stay away from any crotch rocket bigger than the 600 class really. Wait until you are much more experienced, because the power on these things is crazy, and if not respected, it will hurt you (or worse). My 'busa can break every speed related law in the state without leaving first gear.

Edited by danath 34, 23 March 2010 - 04:32 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#64 Brenden

Brenden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

Thats the thing. I don't have any experience with crotch rockets but thats what I wanna get lol. Yeah I want something that will handle well and is good for a learner, I don't want anything that is too powerful because the last thing I wanna do is go and get into a wreck if I end up not being able to handle it. Anyways thanks I'll look into the R6-S and the SV-650.
Posted Image

#65 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thats the thing. I don't have any experience with crotch rockets but thats what I wanna get lol. Yeah I want something that will handle well and is good for a learner, I don't want anything that is too powerful because the last thing I wanna do is go and get into a wreck if I end up not being able to handle it. Anyways thanks I'll look into the R6-S and the SV-650.

yeah those two are great learner bikes IMO. Plenty sporty enough for anyone, yet are still rather tame.

But also, like I said, check out the DRZ400SM. Those things out-handle any crotch rocket any day. You can get such crazy lean angles that no crotch rocket can hope to get. They aren't as quick as the R6S or SV650 but are very nimble.

Also, keep in mind the R6 engines dont last quite as long as others do. This is because they rev so damn high. This is great for track riding and going fast and stuff, but I have heard that they dont last as long. You should still be able to get 20k+ miles, but not as much as other bikes can do. Just means you will have to do some more maintenance far down the road, is all. So if you are looking for an easier, low maintenance bike, go with the SV. It isnt as quick, but is still pretty damn good and reliable.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#66 Tor

Tor

The Clothes Make The Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

I ride on the back of harley's nearly twice a week. Went to hollister 06 and 07. Cannot legally pilot a motorcycle, but who's there to stop me if you got a big ass parking lot by you? :lol:

may I join?

Posted Image
Proud American
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Genghis Khan

#67 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

yes, you may join.

Although you gots to obey the Posted Image ...

Since you dont own a bike, you must post a pic of your favorite bike. Posted Image

but yeah, welcome! I hope you join in some discussions with us.

*edit*
haha woops! in my post above, I accidentally quoted cavemag instead of freedompaintbala.

Freedom, more info and we will help you decide, too!

And you guys want to join the club? If so, post a pic of your favorite bike! Or the one you plan on getting...

Edited by danath 34, 23 March 2010 - 06:46 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#68 Brenden

Brenden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Yeah I'll join. For me my 2 favorite bikes would be the Kawasaki ZX-14 and the Yamaha R1

Attached Files

Posted Image

#69 Tor

Tor

The Clothes Make The Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

No doubt the Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Posted Image

but my very very very close second
Iron 883

Posted Image

I already have one waiting for me when I turn 16

and the genuine:

Posted Image

not much a fan of the superbikes. I am more of a high torque kind of guy

Posted Image
Proud American
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Genghis Khan

#70 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

Yeah I'll join. For me my 2 favorite bikes would be the Kawasaki ZX-14 and the Yamaha R1

me and you gonna' have problems.... Posted Image

not much a fan of the superbikes. I am more of a high torque kind of guy

you aint gonna find much that has more torque than a hyperbike... There is a reason busa's own the drag strip...

and even the superbikes have more torque than most choppers. They have about the same max torque as harley's musclebike the VRod. The only difference is the harly feels like it has more torque because it revs really low and the powerband is low in the rev range, so you get the max HP and torque rather early. On a crotch rocket, while it pulls extremely hard throughout the range, it makes the most torque and HP in the upper 75% of the really high rev limmit.

not to diss your bike choice, though. I liked that second one you posted. Kinda looks like the HD Nightrod, which is the one HD bike I would buy if I had the money. American muscle bike with semi-up to date technology, and a smexy all black scheme? NOICE.

Edited by danath 34, 23 March 2010 - 10:49 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#71 Tor

Tor

The Clothes Make The Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

There was this video on Spike, 3 guys with a rope tied to like I think it was a Honda Interceptor or somthing.

The three guys help it back.

did the same thing with a harley, the dudes didn't stand a chance.

;)

Posted Image
Proud American

#72 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:24 PM

well it depends on which model of each bike. The interceptor has come in lots of sizes, even down to 250cc. I think the newest one only makes like 60 lb-ft of torque and 109 HP.

It is not really a super bike. It is a sport bike, sure, but not a superbike by any means. Also, it really depends on the rider and what kind of tires they were using, and whether the tires were worn out or not.

How the tires affect it is obvious, if they are bad tires on one bike, or are worn out, then they cant get the power to the ground.

But lets look at the rider. Drop an average, every day joe schmo onto the bike and have three guys hold him back. How is he going to do it? Well he is going to feather the clutch and start low rpms and build up like you would take off from a stop light. Take an experienced rider, and he knows how to launch a bike properly, those guys' arms are going to be ripped off lol.

So yeah, for the safety of the people, they obviously would have rolled on. This clearly gives the HD an advantage right away because it revs low and makes the max power and torque early on in the rev range, while you arent even touching the meat of the power on a crotch rocket until at least 7k rpm.

But lets compare numbers between superbikes and HD bikes.

VRod- 122hp, 83 lb-ft
Iron 883 53HP, 50 lb-ft

Hayabusa - 197 HP, 114 lb-ft

GSXR1000 - 160 HP, 80 lb-ft

again, not tryin to diss harleys, just the numbers dont lie. They arent made for performance. They are made for style and cruising.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#73 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

I wouldn't buy a new Harley. To overpriced and underpowered. I'd rather jig my own frame up,get a hopped up shovel, or pan, and tadah. I'd have a bike that's faster, lighter, more personal.
Posted Image

#74 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

so im considering saving up to get my clutch levers, foot pegs (the whole rearsets, actually) and passenger pegs powdercoated gold to match my rims and kanji. Also a set of fairing screens matching gold as well. 300 bucks. Ugh... Though I think it would look sweet! What you guys think?

*edit*
if you dont know, my bike is identical to the busa on the first page.

Edited by danath 34, 24 March 2010 - 01:42 PM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#75 Brenden

Brenden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

So what companies are yalls favorites? Seems like for danath it would be Suzuki. Mine would be Kawasaki.
Posted Image

#76 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Honda, and Ducati.
Posted Image

#77 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

yeah I am definitely a zook guy. Although yamaha is second place for me.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#78 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Plain Fugly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

I have a 1200cc Sportster which has been in storage for a while now. When I first got this one I put 5000 miles on it within the first few months. That was just crusin locally, no long trips. I had a lot more free time then as I do now. I rode it so much that I wore a hole through the shifter side of my then brand new boots.

One of my riding buddies had a thick leather belt that he didn't want so I cut off the end and had a local leather shop sew the swatch over the hole I wore through. Looks a little odd but gets the job done.

#79 Brenden

Brenden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

Well yesterday I was at a used car lot and was looking around and there happened to be a row of bikes in the back of the lot. Now most of the bikes there were old and really junkie. (No paint lots of rust.) I asked one of the salesmen there if there was any other bikes that they had. He said that they had one crotch rocket and we went to go look at it. Low and behold it was a 07 Suzuki Hayabusa, , thats where the drooling began. This thing was beautiful, I asked the salesman if I could ride it up the street and he allowed it. Now I dunno if you can fall in love with a bike but I think I found a new favorite bike lol. It has to be one of the most comfortable bikes I have ridden.
Posted Image

#80 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:47 PM

I have a 1200cc Sportster which has been in storage for a while now. When I first got this one I put 5000 miles on it within the first few months. That was just crusin locally, no long trips. I had a lot more free time then as I do now. I rode it so much that I wore a hole through the shifter side of my then brand new boots.

One of my riding buddies had a thick leather belt that he didn't want so I cut off the end and had a local leather shop sew the swatch over the hole I wore through. Looks a little odd but gets the job done.

Haha nice. They werent leather, but I did wear a shifter-hole through a pair of skater shoes I used to wear in high school when I was riding the 400.

Lets see a pic of that sportster!

Well yesterday I was at a used car lot and was looking around and there happened to be a row of bikes in the back of the lot. Now most of the bikes there were old and really junkie. (No paint lots of rust.) I asked one of the salesmen there if there was any other bikes that they had. He said that they had one crotch rocket and we went to go look at it. Low and behold it was a 07 Suzuki Hayabusa, , thats where the drooling began. This thing was beautiful, I asked the salesman if I could ride it up the street and he allowed it. Now I dunno if you can fall in love with a bike but I think I found a new favorite bike lol. It has to be one of the most comfortable bikes I have ridden.

Dude, 'busas will do that to you. Whenever I am talking to a person who wants to buy a busa I tell them to not test drive it before buying, because they will be hooked like a junkie and will just keep thinking of the busa until he buys it...

It is SO DAMN comfortable for a crotch rocket, isnt it?? I have heard the ZX14 is a bit more comfortable, but the busa makes up for it in looks and speed :) . But for a crotch rocket, it is still amazingly comfy. Hell, I went on a 300-400 mile all day long ride with a bunch of harley riders, and stayed with em just fine on the busa (had to back off on the throttle ALOT though lol). I am very pleased with how comfy it is. Although I do need to get some bar risers because I am 6' 2" and when I go full tuck I really gotta wrench my head up to see, which is hard on the neck.

Just wait until you can take a busa full throttle (or 1/2 or 3/4ths even!). It is such an addicting feeling when it just pulls so damn hard (trying to yank your shoulders off) yet just keeps on going and going high into rpms you didnt think a bike should safely do lol.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#81 Brenden

Brenden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I think I have my heart set on a busa now lol.
Posted Image

#82 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Anyone here have a mini bike?

Posted Image

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#83 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

lol no, but I guess that might count. We would likely have to vote. Is that you, Cube?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#84 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

No :( I wish I had one. But if riding a Motorbike is anything like riding a jetski (which I know it is) then it must be fucking awesome.

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#85 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

its fuckin awesomer! (yes that is a word. I made it up)

Because on a jet ski you cant get as many chicas... or go as fast...

so you want in?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#86 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

its fuckin awesomer! (yes that is a word. I made it up)

Because on a jet ski you cant get as many chicas... or go as fast...

so you want in?

Don't own a (non-pedal) bike so I guess I'm not supposed to be here :P

CBC.png

#87 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

hether you are a die hard biker, or a weekend warrior. Whether you ride a rattly harley, or a rice burning crotch rocket. Whether you race, or just cruise. Whether you ride year round, or you pack it up at the first fall of a snow-flake. Whether you just ride occasionally, or use your bike as a daily driver. Hell, whether you actually own a motorcycle, or you dont have one, but love them anyways, this is the club for you!

If you like motorcycles, you are welcome! You just gotta post a pic of your favorite bike.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#88 Mingink

Mingink

Wanna know how I got these scars?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hey guys,

My mate was thinking about getting aCBR 125 and since I know very little about it I was wodnering if anyone had ridden one and would reccomend it?

Some stats would be nice like how fast it goes and.... well yeah how fast it goes :D
Posted Image
RIP Paul Gray, a fantastic musician that will be missed

#89 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys,

My mate was thinking about getting aCBR 125 and since I know very little about it I was wodnering if anyone had ridden one and would reccomend it?

Some stats would be nice like how fast it goes and.... well yeah how fast it goes :D

ummmm CBR 125? I wasnt aware there was a CBR 125. Do you mean CR125? Is it a dirbike?

If it is a dirtbike, yeah, those are pretty good. Although it is a 125, it isnt going to keep up with the 450s... You may be able to get 65mph or so out of it if you have a real long straight...

But I have never ridden one myself.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#90 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Can I join? I don't own a bike...yet. I will be buying a 2006 Yamaha R6 off of my brother when summer rolls around.
In the past couple of years we've seen companies disappear, we've seen teams fall apart, we've seen leagues fail. But we've also seen players humbly return to their "family" teams after enjoying a paid ride of being a hired gun by the highest bidder. We've seen industry gurus come back to the sport after selling off everything they worked so hard to build, only to start over again fresh and new. We've seen this sport suffer along with every other industry due to the current economic conditions, and yet we've seen survival.

#91 Mockstar

Mockstar

Enlarged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Edited by Mockstar, 01 April 2010 - 07:48 PM.

#92 Mockstar

Mockstar

Enlarged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

Spring has sprung here in WI........ Time to polish the chrome......

92 FLHS. (HD Electra Glide)

100" S&S Super Stock. 3 1/2" +.005 Bore. 4 5/8" Stroke. Samson Megaphone exhaust. DYNA 2000 Digital ignition. 10" bars. Custom Paint.............

Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 matt the weird

matt the weird

that guy with that one thing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

I was to lazy to bring the bike in to the light of day cause it is night. I will give you some better picks tom. If your from Wisconsin you have to be on a Harley
Posted Image

#94 Mockstar

Mockstar

Enlarged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Chrome don't make it go, but it sure is purdy to look at!!!

Edited by Mockstar, 01 April 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#95 Mingink

Mingink

Wanna know how I got these scars?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

Hey guys,

ummmm CBR 125? I wasnt aware there was a CBR 125. Do you mean CR125? Is it a dirbike?

If it is a dirtbike, yeah, those are pretty good. Although it is a 125, it isnt going to keep up with the 450s... You may be able to get 65mph or so out of it if you have a real long straight...

No its a Honda sportbike kinda, a little bit on the small side.

Maybe they don't sell them in the U.S?
Posted Image
RIP Paul Gray, a fantastic musician that will be missed

#96 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

Can I join? I don't own a bike...yet. I will be buying a 2006 Yamaha R6 off of my brother when summer rolls around.

Added- just post a pic of either the bike you are gonna buy, or your favorite bike.

Spring has sprung here in WI........ Time to polish the chrome......

92 FLHS. (HD Electra Glide)

100" S&S Super Stock. 3 1/2" +.005 Bore. 4 5/8" Stroke. Samson Megaphone exhaust. DYNA 2000 Digital ignition. 10" bars. Custom Paint.............

Added- nice ride! Looks like you could do some good long trips on that one...

I was to lazy to bring the bike in to the light of day cause it is night. I will give you some better picks tom. If your from Wisconsin you have to be on a Harley

Added. Looks good, dude.

Hey guys,

Some stats would be nice like how fast it goes and.... well yeah how fast it goes Posted Image

No its a Honda sportbike kinda, a little bit on the small side.

Maybe they don't sell them in the U.S?

maybe... I have never seen one, and it doesnt show up on the honda website... Could be they arent sold in the US. Could also be that Im an idiot and dont know what Im talking about, too... Maybe someone else can ring in here with knowledge?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#97 matt the weird

matt the weird

that guy with that one thing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

Thanks you make me feel loved
My bike is a 1200 Sportster Custom HD

#98 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

Thanks you make me feel loved
My bike is a 1200 Sportster Custom HD

updated first post.

So how long have you had it? How many miles you got on it?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#99 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

Is anyone here a "biker" kinda guy? You guys know what I'm talking about. The badass guy who rides alone or with a group with that "biker" attitude? :P

CBC.png

#100 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

not I... I usually ride alone, but dont have that badass, wear chains and cutoff shirts with last night's dinner in my beard kind of attitude.
My Feedback

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users