• Please log in to reply
952 replies to this topic

#951 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

I'm getting a Kawasaki KX450F soon. :) Yaaay.

What year? I finally got on the 450 band wagon with an '06 RMZ 450

Possibly an 07 or 08. Maybe older, I don't know.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#952 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Finally got my first taste of riding a motorcycle since I was like 9 today. Riding little GZ250's around a parking lot for the MSF basic course. :lol:

Makes me want to finish my XS750 even more so I can go ride it as soon as I have the permit in my hands.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#953 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Feels good to be back on a bike I bet! I have sold all my bikes but my trust 2006 yz250 this week. Looking for another 450 I think. With this crazy warm weather I have been riding really often.

#954 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, it did. Picked up an '03 Buell XB9R Firebolt last night to go along with my XS750. So much torque coming out of that v-twin that the damn thing nearly fell over when i revved it from idle. :lol:

I think I'll be using that for my track bike and use the 750 as a daily rider once it's finished.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#955 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, it did. Picked up an '03 Buell XB9R Firebolt last night to go along with my XS750. So much torque coming out of that v-twin that the damn thing nearly fell over when i revved it from idle. :lol:

I think I'll be using that for my track bike and use the 750 as a daily rider once it's finished.

The motorcycle bug is just as bad as paintball, looks like it has already bit you! haha That should make a fun track bike though.

#956 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Oh yeah, I know. I even found a stripped down '82 Honda Goldwing that was being turned into a cafe style bike for under a grand about 8 hours away that I seriously considered, just for the hell of it. I don't think I will buy another motorcycle unless it is a dirt bike, though.

On another note, I finally remembered to get pictures of the XS750!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Still need to get some shorty turn signals, a new seat, and new rear light cluster to get it looking how I want. Still have to get the carbs fixed, new petcock seals, a clutch lever, and fluids before it is operational, though.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#957 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Looks like a fun little cruiser! But that cafe racer Goldwing would be a fairly fast bike. Those old wings could get up and go and stripped down that bike would be a blast I bet! I think 2 is good enough for you for now though. haha

Also, if you are looking for bike help check out thumpertalk.com great resource. It is like the motorcycle version of here.

#958 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Haha, I think the Buell will be more than enough bike to satisfy my speed cravings, especially since I'm basically a beginner again. Hell, the Yama will probably be about the same too. It's going to take a while to get used to the power on those two bikes. That goldwing probably had 20 horses and who knows how much torque more than both of them.

I'll have to check that forum out. I've been on model specific forums so far (buellxb.com and yamaha-triples.com), but they both seem to be slow for real time advice, even though their archived threads are great reads.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#959 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thumper talk is as big if not bigger then here, and it has sections sections for everything from dirt to street to water craft. Pretty good place to answer questions. Granted I am speaking for mostly the dirt bike section where I browse.

#960 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Bought a new set of carbs, levers, mirrors, grips, and fuel filters for the Yama, and some Halo lights for the Buell last night. Hopefully by the time it all comes in, I will have the time and weather to work on them. :rolleyes:

Check out my Ebay sales!

#961 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hope all goes well for your project. You plan on doing any painting or anything on the yamaha?

#962 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

A LOT of painting. I want to put the old Porsche-Gulf racing colors on it. I will probably only get it running this year, but while I'm deployed, I should be able to save enough money to tear it all down and completely rebuild the entire bike, including the paint.

Inspiration:

Posted Image

Since I have alloy wheels, I want to put the blue on those, and orange on the lower fork arms. I want to run a 3-2-1 exhaust ending with a side blown, center mounted muffler. I would like to keep it road legal, but I have been reading that without all the extra electronics and such, it drops the weight by nearly 100 pounds and makes it a LOT easier to handle (stock curb weight is like 670 pounds), so I might make it a dedicated classic track racer.

Only issue with that idea is that my Yama is a shaft drive bike, which is hard to change the gear ratios on. Not to mention that it is a parallel triple, which makes the engine so wide it causes the cases to stick out so far I could grind them by barely leaning it over. I would have to swap the forks and put extended shocks on the rear to get enough height to really make it race worthy

Check out my Ebay sales!

#963 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Now THAT is some old school style. I love the look of old cafe racers, I hope yours comes out as you want it too! Sounds like you may want to go for a looks bike over a performance bike though. haha

#964 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Well, these old triples, while they had the fastest 1/4 time of their production years, are hardly racing bikes. Wet weight is up near 700 pounds, so handling is supposed to be really slow. Plus it's a shaft drive bike, so there is a lot of torque rise and fall with throttle application, which would make handling even more tricky. Granted, it's been done before, but by much ballsier riders than me, who were better equipped to make it a race bike.

I'll finish the basic body layout then decide what to do from there. Since I'm picking up a Buell, which is already street ready, I've been thinking of stripping the electronics off the bike and using a run-to-zero battery system off the kickstarter to drop weight and turn it into a CBMMA track bike. But like I said, haven't made final decisions yet.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#965 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Decided to keep both the Buell and Yama as street bikes. Considering the nearest road course is like 6 hours away, I can't justify making one a dedicated track bike until I move back to Texas. :rolleyes:

Have done a lot of work to the Yama the past few weeks.

- Clutch Cable
- Throttle Cable
- Control Levers
- Grips
- New Carburetors
- Petcock Seals
- Rust Inhibitor and Primer ready to do
- Engine and Gear Oils ready to do
- Exhaust Stud removal ready to do
- Exhaust Mod ready to do (Simply chopping the stock pipes and putting slip on turn-away ends)
- Measured up the cafe rear end I want to make out of a second XS750 fuel tank

Check out my Ebay sales!

#966 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Finally got my motorcycle permit. Now I can go ride my Buell around this weekend. :wub:

Got a new exhaust and some petcocks coming in the mail for the Yama. With any luck, I will have it running by next weekend.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#967 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Whats up everyone

I ride a 2001 erion cbr929, right now its rear sprocket is +17 for stunting, but I'm about to change that back to stock.
My brother and father both ride hayabusas (06 and 10), so I've gotten to toy around with those monsters a couple of times.
I'll upload pics some time

Edited by FacePainter, 07 May 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#968 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

So In light of the fact that my Buell's engine is blown, and I still haven't been able to get the Yamaha running, I decided to buy a new bike.

2001 Kawasaki Ninja 500 (EX500)

Posted Image

Yes, it's purple. Be jealous. :D

Check out my Ebay sales!

#969 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

This might be the way to get your cafe racer fix.
http://rycamotors.com/
Posted Image

#970 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys. I picked up a Yamaha Seca II 600 earlier this spring when I took my riding test. Since I live in South Dakota and being this close to Sturgis there are a ton of rides throughout the spring and thru the fall I've put on quite a few miles, about 2000+ so far. Right now I've slowly started gathering some information on a newer bike, possibly an FJR or a Concours 14. Anyone have any experience with either of these two bikes?

#971 Collby

Collby

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Pink & White Vespa ET4 add me?:)
Posted Image

#972 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image

Check out my Ebay sales!

#973 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Oh..... uh..... hey guys. Long time no visit. Anyone still around here?

#974 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

It's a bit slow. :(

I can't wait to get my KX450F...

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#975 Lunatic_on_high

Lunatic_on_high

You've never done a run through till you do it with a pump.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

sigh if only I could get insured for under 5 grand :(

#976 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Under 5 grand? Wow my insurance on my 600 is only $200 a year for full coverage.

#977 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

sigh if only I could get insured for under 5 grand :(

lol luna your in my boat. dont call your insurence, find who they are and set up an appointment. talking and understanding the rates will help ALOT. (like 400$ a month less Alot)

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#978 RLV199

RLV199

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image This is my 2007 yamaha yz250f with custom suspension work, hotcams, a full drd exhaust and a fresh topend

Here are some gopro action shots first the heelclicker

Posted Image

Then just me whipped mid air

Posted Image

And just a blurry one of me coming down from a 'clicker
Posted Image

#979 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Looks like some good dirt action. I rode a dirt bike (kawi KX250) for the first time since I was 11 last weekend. Got me hooked on dirt riding again, so I'm trying to sell a lot of stuff to buy a Honda XR650L to play with. It's big brother (XR650R) and cousin (XR600R) both beat the shit out of the various Baja and Dakar races since the 80's. All they did to the L model is add lights and changed the kicker to electric start.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#980 RLV199

RLV199

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Looks like some good dirt action. I rode a dirt bike (kawi KX250) for the first time since I was 11 last weekend. Got me hooked on dirt riding again, so I'm trying to sell a lot of stuff to buy a Honda XR650L to play with. It's big brother (XR650R) and cousin (XR600R) both beat the shit out of the various Baja and Dakar races since the 80's. All they did to the L model is add lights and changed the kicker to electric start.

What type of riding do you do?

#981 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Cross country trails and such. And street, obviously.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#982 RLV199

RLV199

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Y is this thread so dead

#983 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Y is this thread so dead

Cause even when it was popular, it was really just me and two other guys.

Sasquatch, I was under the impression that the L was also a little weaker on the motor so it was more reliable for the street. But I may be misinformed! Great bikes though, even if they are pretty heavy. If you do want lighter and more off road oriented I suggest KTM. A 400, 450, 525 exc will be way lighter and way more flickable and still have plenty of grunt for the street. Hell even a 300 exc 2 stroke if thats your thing! I love my two strokes....

#984 RLV199

RLV199

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

heres a cool use for your old grip doughnuts guys, looks cool and my wrist actualy feels its comfyness

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users