952 replies to this topic

#101 Mingink

Mingink

Wanna know how I got these scars?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

No I'm not either, although I do ride with friends alot, It just seems more fun when I'm with a friend, the little conversations we have at traffic lights are pretty cool...

and then the little drag races when the light goes green B)
Posted Image
RIP Paul Gray, a fantastic musician that will be missed

#102 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

No I'm not either, although I do ride with friends alot, It just seems more fun when I'm with a friend, the little conversations we have at traffic lights are pretty cool...

and then the little drag races when the light goes green B)

haha I know how that goes... Hell, sometimes we have conversations before we get to the traffic light.... lol you would not believe how hard it is to yell over the sounds of wind and engines... :rolleyes:

And then there are the times where we haul ass through the twisties/around town... passed the police station at about 110 one time... That was probably not the brightest of all the ideas I have ever had...

But no, as I said, no badass biker attitude here. I ride because I truly love it. I feel free and happy when riding the motorcycle (and look a little cool while doing it. I will admit ;) ). But I dont ride just for the "image" of being a biker. While most people are amazed at what bike I ride, I dont go toting it around to look cool like a lot of "bikers" do. My current GF actually didnt even know I rode until after we were going out.

Here is a good read: (the actual book, not just the wiki article)

It is probably the only (if not the only, it is definitely the first) book on motorcycles and philosophy. It should be a bible for all of us bikers. It delves into why we ride and what separates us from cagers.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#103 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

I dont ride street bikes but I do ride dirtbikes. I have been riding for 4 years now I think as woods rider and just started riding motocross last week and I am hooked on it! I started riding on a 1996 honda XR 100 and rode it for a year and put 200+ hours on that thing! Then I jumped on a 2001 kdx 200. Had to push down the forks and cut out the seat to get one set of toes on the ground but it never stopped me untill i grew into it! Rode it through the all sorts of woods here in Missouri and Kansas untill last Thanksgiving. I bought a 2004 KX 250f and a 2007 YZ 250f. I rode the KX once and sold it. Now we are here and I am learning to motocross on my YZ! I bought it used with a brand new top and bottom end and a Dr.D pipe (beats FMF anyday). If you actually read all that, i commend you! And here is a pic of me riding last Thursday, first time truly riding a track!
Posted Image

#104 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

Wow what is it with americans and dirtbikes? :o I feel like the minority that dislike them, I was shopping around for a new 125 yesterday (SHOCK HORROR)and I was looking at a derbi GPR 125 and the salesman said alot of people your age like these kinds of bike and pointed at a DT-125, I was like ewwwwwwwwww no thanks.
Posted Image

#105 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

I dont ride street bikes but I do ride dirtbikes. I have been riding for 4 years now I think as woods rider and just started riding motocross last week and I am hooked on it! I started riding on a 1996 honda XR 100 and rode it for a year and put 200+ hours on that thing! Then I jumped on a 2001 kdx 200. Had to push down the forks and cut out the seat to get one set of toes on the ground but it never stopped me untill i grew into it! Rode it through the all sorts of woods here in Missouri and Kansas untill last Thanksgiving. I bought a 2004 KX 250f and a 2007 YZ 250f. I rode the KX once and sold it. Now we are here and I am learning to motocross on my YZ! I bought it used with a brand new top and bottom end and a Dr.D pipe (beats FMF anyday). If you actually read all that, i commend you! And here is a pic of me riding last Thursday, first time truly riding a track!
Posted Image

Awesome dude. Welcome, and added.

I love YZ's dude. They are so nice. Although i would get a 450f, instead of a 250 :-p but thats just me. Then again, I am a larger person, so I would not really do well on a 250... But then again, thats why I dont ride MX much...

Wow what is it with americans and dirtbikes? :o I feel like the minority that dislike them, I was shopping around for a new 125 yesterday (SHOCK HORROR)and I was looking at a derbi GPR 125 and the salesman said alot of people your age like these kinds of bike and pointed at a DT-125, I was like ewwwwwwwwww no thanks.

I like dirtbikes a lot. It is very thrilling. There is nothing like aggressive trail riding/offroading. For the street they arent that great, but offroad, they stomp the fuck out of jeeps any day. And I assume derbi is the make of the bikes you are talking about? Never heard of em...
My Feedback

Posted Image

#106 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

I like dirtbikes a lot. It is very thrilling. There is nothing like aggressive trail riding/offroading. For the street they arent that great, but offroad, they stomp the fuck out of jeeps any day. And I assume derbi is the make of the bikes you are talking about? Never heard of em...

why is it pretty much every bike I mention is unheard of in the U.S.

a Derbi is basically an aprilia with a yamaha engine

Edited by Mingink, 08 April 2010 - 08:57 AM.

Posted Image

#107 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

why is it pretty much every bike I mention is unheard of in the U.S.

a Derbi is basically a aprilia with a yamaha engine

Oh, cool. Is Derbi the Make, such as yamaha?

That is really cool though. I would love to have that! Aprilia makes GREAT bikes, which handle very very well and have great suspension and brakes and such, though I personally think Yamaha has better engines.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#108 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Im surprised i havent found this club yet, i have had a grand total of three bikes

2 dirt bikes and 1 street bike, although im currently down to one :(

#109 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Im surprised i havent found this club yet, i have had a grand total of three bikes

2 dirt bikes and 1 street bike, although im currently down to one :(

awesome dude. What kinds of bikes? And why are you only down to one?

Added you to the list. Lets see a pic of a bike, though as per tha rulez... :rolleyes:
My Feedback

Posted Image

#110 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

Ill see if i can dig up some pics on my computer.

My first dirtbike some old Suzuki 125 got totaled doing some motor cross, the replacement bike which i bought last year was a Yamaha YZ250 which i still have.

My street bike was an older model Kawasaki Ninja 650 which i sold for tuition lol..

Ill for sure have no digital pics of that 125, although the other two i should.

Edited by HeroForADay, 07 April 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#111 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

awesome dude. How did you like the ninja? I couldnt imagine parting with my hayabusa. I am in love. Hell I sound like a douche, but if it came down to my girlfriend or my 'busa, I would probably keep the busa... Am I a bad person for saying that?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#112 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

The ninja was awesome fun, although riding in this city is fairly dangerous as the roads are shit and drivers dont pay attention come bike season. When im done University im going to go back and buy a toy again, although i think ill follow back to Yamaha as they're less expensive and still awesome build quality.

#113 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:02 AM

The ninja was awesome fun, although riding in this city is fairly dangerous as the roads are shit and drivers dont pay attention come bike season. When im done University im going to go back and buy a toy again, although i think ill follow back to Yamaha as they're less expensive and still awesome build quality.

Cheap? Ahahahahaha.... yeah...

Seriously iv been looking for a new bike recently as we all know aprilias arent the most reliable bikes in the long run, I was looking at some yamaha YZF R125's and i have abudget lof about 2500, which I thought would be fine to get aused one, aparently not :( 3000 used and like 4000 new... damn...

And Dannath Derbi is a make of bike :)
Posted Image

#114 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

I dont know how it is in the UK, but 3k used for a bike which is 4k new is a bit high, dude.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#115 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

Kinda off of topic here but how many injuries have your bikes raked up on you?

For both of my dirtbikes: Numerous cuts and bruises. Major injuries have been broken ribs and a broken nose.

Streetbike a silly burn on my leg haha.

#116 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

Basically the same bike I will be buying. I have one simple question though, my brother has taught me how to ride, but how difficult is the actual road test? I plan on getting my endorsement this summer, and I can't wait.

Posted Image
In the past couple of years we've seen companies disappear, we've seen teams fall apart, we've seen leagues fail. But we've also seen players humbly return to their "family" teams after enjoying a paid ride of being a hired gun by the highest bidder. We've seen industry gurus come back to the sport after selling off everything they worked so hard to build, only to start over again fresh and new. We've seen this sport suffer along with every other industry due to the current economic conditions, and yet we've seen survival.

#117 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Kinda off of topic here but how many injuries have your bikes raked up on you?

For both of my dirtbikes: Numerous cuts and bruises. Major injuries have been broken ribs and a broken nose.

Streetbike a silly burn on my leg haha.

Well surprisingly, no major injuries here.
From dirtbiking I have had tons of cuts and bruises. Several sprained ankles (one time I sprained BOTH ankles :0 ). Hard knocks here and there, but nothing I went to the hospital for. OOOH one really good burn on the leg once. Melted through my nylon pants, actually, and left a great scar for quite a while. That was pleasant :dodgy: .

From the 'busa, nothing. Shes been good to me so far. :wub:

Basically the same bike I will be buying. I have one simple question though, my brother has taught me how to ride, but how difficult is the actual road test? I plan on getting my endorsement this summer, and I can't wait.

Beautiful looking bike man. Some day I am going to buy an R6 just for the track. They are so damn nimble!

As for the road test, it is easy as shit, dude. If you can ride at all, and you pay attention in class, it will be cake. I got a 100% on both the written and riding tests, first try. They ask you dumb, pointless, general common sense kind of questions like get off the road if it is raining really hard, and at least wait 15 minutes for the oil to run off the road.

Then the road test, this is what they will have you do:
They will have you go through turns, and watch to make sure you turn your head to look through the turn, and that you go out, in, out.
They will have you do what I call a "crawl test" where they have two lines marked on the ground, like a foot apart or maybe a half a foot, and about 20 feet long. They have you slow down to about 5mph (that speed where balance is crucial) and watch to see if you cross the lines. Thats easy, too. Just hold the throttle steady, and look way in the distance.
They will also have you change lanes, and watch that you do a head check, put the blinker on, then change.
They will have you do an emergency lane change, where you have to get so close to an obstacle (a cone) before changing lanes quickly, and you dont put on blinker, just quickly head check and go.
You will have to do an emergency stop. Here they have you get up to like 25 mph, and have two lines. You have to cross the first line, apply your brakes, and stop before the second line. If you lock your front brake, points taken off, typically locking the rear is OK, or if not, minimal points taken.
They will have you do an emergency stop while in a turn. Here they watch that you are part way through the turn, then "see" the emergency, straighten up (basically in the mid of the turn you stop turning and head for the shoulder) and stop as soon as possible.
They will have the cone slalom where you weave through the cones and not hit any of them.
They will likely have a general agility test where you go through multiple turns and stuff.
They will also have you do a figure 8 in a defined box. They have like a 20 foot x 15 foot box or something like that, and you have to do a figure 8 inside it without crossing the lines.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#118 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I have only came off once, I was lost on the way home from my college induction, it was raining hit a pothole and idk what happend but i was on the floor and my bike was pretty much ontop of me, i pushed it to the side of the road and put it on its stand which was agonising but was dulled by the adrenaline and shock of falling off :(

A kind elderly gentlement came out of his house to make sure I was ok, I got directions home, put my bike on the stand outside (again absolout agony) and literally hopped in, I think the bike (50cc moped then) landed and hit the top middle part of my foot and I was wearing converses (good move right?)so yeah my foot was fucked. I remember having a conversation with my friend after I got in on xbox live, he said can you put wait on your foot yet? I repplied with a loud OWWWW, which aparently was hilarious at the time. looking back it was pretty damn funny

spent the enxt day praying it wasnt broken, still couldnt walk on it so I had it xrayed they told me it was broken, I was in a cast for the first 2 and a half weeks of a strange new college which was probably worse than falling off. By the end of the two weeks I was putting all my weight on my bad foor with ease and before I could tell the doctor this after my temporary cast was removed he said its not broken just <some medical term> try to keep it rested still etc.
Posted Image

#119 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

Pretty much the majority of my dirt bike injuries came from motocross, and from 1 injury which also totaled my bike haha.

Tried to do a backflip, didnt work.

#120 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

Pretty much the majority of my dirt bike injuries came from motocross, and from 1 injury which also totaled my bike haha.

Tried to do a backflip, didnt work.

Posted Image ... intentionally?
My Feedback

Posted Image

#121 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

Watch videos of Travis Pastrana? He is pretty good at that back flipping stuff.Posted Image
In the past couple of years we've seen companies disappear, we've seen teams fall apart, we've seen leagues fail. But we've also seen players humbly return to their "family" teams after enjoying a paid ride of being a hired gun by the highest bidder. We've seen industry gurus come back to the sport after selling off everything they worked so hard to build, only to start over again fresh and new. We've seen this sport suffer along with every other industry due to the current economic conditions, and yet we've seen survival.

#122 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Watch videos of Travis Pastrana? He is pretty good at that back flipping stuff.Posted Image

Dude travis is fucking amazing at anything addrenaline related. He is my fucking idol!

Have you seen the vid where he goes sky diving without a parachute? Yeah he jumps out of a fucking airplane with only a pair of swim trunks and a goddamn red bull!!
My Feedback

Posted Image

#123 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

Dude travis is fucking amazing at anything addrenaline related. He is my fucking idol!

Have you seen the vid where he goes sky diving without a parachute? Yeah he jumps out of a fucking airplane with only a pair of swim trunks and a goddamn red bull!!

Haha yep I've seen all of the Nitro Circus episodes. Posted Image He got in "trouble" for doing the extra back flips while diving. I guess the safety crew were unhappy with it being a safety hazard and all. I loved when he tried to flip the monster truck.

#124 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

Haha yep I've seen all of the Nitro Circus episodes. Posted Image He got in "trouble" for doing the extra back flips while diving. I guess the safety crew were unhappy with it being a safety hazard and all. I loved when he tried to flip the monster truck.

yeah that was pretty cool. He got much further than I though he would have lol. Though it must have REALLY hurt coming down on the roof like that... Posted Image
My Feedback

Posted Image

#125 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

Posted Image

This is my shiny new(ish) bike coming on the 1st of May!

2009 Yamaha YZF R125 800 miles and was relatively cheap considering! I know its not as fast as the Aprilia I had (I sold it as I was offered ALOT for it)but tis reliable, good looking good on fuel and it has 2 years warrenty B)
Posted Image

#126 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

thats pretty cool. I wasnt aware yamaha made yfz 125's. Must be europe only model. We like our bikes fast over here Posted Image
My Feedback

Posted Image

#127 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:32 AM

Yeah but its doesn't rain as much over there so you can get to those speeds often, here it wet over 50% of the time so speed isnt everything :P

And Im going to have to use this day in day out nomatter what the weather so I need a more reliable bike that you can drive safely in most weather conditions.

I'm not even going to mention how Bad Ass it looks either B)
Posted Image

#128 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

yeah it does look pretty cool.

And I get what you are saying about rain/wetness... Makes sense to have less power... Or you could just learn throttle control... <_< ORRR if you get a 'busa or a GSXR1000, you have three different power modes. So for when its dry, leave it in 'A' mode, when its wet, drop it down to 'C' and it limits you to about half power. I usually just leave it in 'A' even when its raining... :rolleyes:
My Feedback

Posted Image

#129 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

I love Busas. Such sick looking bikes. Very, very nice curves. I can not wait till I get my endorsement. It will make travelling to paintball so much cheaper with gas. My car now gets about 14 MPG HIGHWAY (2001 Dodge Durango). Plus I am hoping to meet a few ladies with it. Posted Image R6 here I come!

How are road trips on bikes? How far can you comfortably ride then need to stop?

Also, that YZF 125 looks pretty cool, but I would probably pick a Ninja 250r before that. Atleast that has a bit more power behind it.

Edited by fiveten15093, 13 April 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#130 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:27 AM

I don't particularly like kawasakis, I have known alot of people who have had bad experiences on then, and due to the crazy UK law I'm stuck on a 125 until I do my test and I REALLY cant be arsed to do my test yet.

the YZF is basically a R1 or R6 with a smaller engine besides the engine they look identical pretty much :P
Posted Image

#131 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

It is too short, and too curvy to be close to an R6, but it does look similar to an R1. The curves arn't as defined on an R1 though.

Plus, I guess it is always a better idea to learn on a smaller bike. What's the max speed of it? and how is the acceleration?

Edited by fiveten15093, 14 April 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#132 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

I have ridden a true streetbike, and im wondering if riding a super sport bike like a ninja or bussa is as uncomfortable as everyone claims. I have heard its a horrible position to ride in and that its a natural and comfortable way to sit. Whats your guys opinions?

#133 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

I find an R6 quite comfortable, I personally don't think it would be suitable for long rides though (ex:150+ miles at a time).

#134 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

Anyone into stunting?
Posted Image

#135 Mingink

Mingink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

I'm not sure about acceleration but I know its max speed is about 80mph which isnt great but I've had my fill with fast 125s my last ride on the Aprilia I gunned it down a hill and got 103. It was in the middle of a wood and I go up there often as its a nice road and I barely pass any cars so it wasn't as unsafe as it sounds.
Posted Image

#136 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

I'm not sure about acceleration but I know its max speed is about 80mph which isnt great but I've had my fill with fast 125s my last ride on the Aprilia I gunned it down a hill and got 103. It was in the middle of a wood and I go up there often as its a nice road and I barely pass any cars so it wasn't as unsafe as it sounds.

That's not too bad considering a Ninja 250's max is about 115. But I couldn't ride/drive anything with slow acceleration. Not my cup of tea.

#137 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:39 AM

How are road trips on bikes? How far can you comfortably ride then need to stop?

It really depends on the specific bike and how you have it set up. Some bikes you can go for freakin weeks on and never get sore (ahem, goldwing?). I have talked to guys that have done cross-country tours. I have talked to a few that have done cross-country tours on freakin busas. It depends on the bike (i.e. cruiser, chopper, crotch rocket, etc), how it is set up (seats, bar risers, lower rearsets, sag set correctly, etc), and how much iron you have in your butt Posted Image

I have done an all-day ride on my busa, from about 8am to 10pm or so. We basically did a circle in the whole northern half of the state. I rode with a bunch of harley riders, who have no problem going all day on their cruisers. Yeah, I had a good case of monkey-butt by the end, but it wasnt so bad.

That being said, unless you have a gold wind, it isnt nearly as pleasant as doing a road trip in a car...

I have ridden a true streetbike, and im wondering if riding a super sport bike like a ninja or bussa is as uncomfortable as everyone claims. I have heard its a horrible position to ride in and that its a natural and comfortable way to sit. Whats your guys opinions?

What do you mean by true street bike? Because it depends on what you compare the busa or ninja to as far as how comfy it is. Pure and simple, busas and ninjas are all crotch rockets, and thus are the least comfortable of any bike. So if you are comparing a busa to a harley or a gold wing or a v star, etc, busas are like the high heal shoes of the motorcycle world. Compared to a cruiser, a crotch rocket is a torture device. This is because you are forced into an aggresive riding position, which is especially uncomfortable if you are a big guy like me (which is why bar risers are high on my list).

Although, when you compare it to other crotch rockets, the busa is a fucking caddy, dude. I have sat on r6's CBR's R1's, Ninjas, SV's, so many I cannot name them. And the busa is SOOOOOOO damn comfy for a crotch rocket! It really feels damn good compared to 99% of other crotch rockets. The one and only one other crotch rocket I have sat on which is more comfortable is the ZX14. That thing is like a couch for crotch rockets. Damn comfy indeed. Though I personally like the busa for the better performance and looks, so it justifies the tiny bit less comfort.

Anyone into stunting? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0eGdvuKUaAI

I never got that big into it, but when I was riding my 400, I did quite a bit of stunting. I never really got endos down, but I did all kinds of wheelies, some burnouts, and lots of moving stunts, like the christ or the lazy boy. Really fun stuff, and very thrilling, but when I got the busa I decided I was going to stop all that because 1) it is too damn heavy to stunt on, and 2) it costs a fucking grand if I need to replace the plastics lol.

lol I remember justifying to people that when I did 93 on my dirtbike that I did it safely and it wasnt dangerous at all... Oh man you will learn... Now, 100mph feels like a lazy cruise.... I remember when that was neck-breaking, addrenaline pumping, oh my god fast... I had no idea... Now my eyes are open.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#138 kawasaki.kdx200man

kawasaki.kdx200man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

By true street bike I meant bikes that weren't dual sport. I have ridden those lots and its just like dirtbike because they basically are one! And thanks for the advice, I still have a few years to go before i can legally hit the streets and I am hoping for a street bike before im 17. Since I dont plan on any long rides and would be a fair weather rider, I am sorta set on a Ninja for some reason, but i still have 2 years to make up my mind! haha

#139 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

By true street bike I meant bikes that weren't dual sport. I have ridden those lots and its just like dirtbike because they basically are one! And thanks for the advice, I still have a few years to go before i can legally hit the streets and I am hoping for a street bike before im 17. Since I dont plan on any long rides and would be a fair weather rider, I am sorta set on a Ninja for some reason, but i still have 2 years to make up my mind! haha

well go sit on lots of bikes. Go to motorcycle shows, read information, watch videos, etc. When you are old enough, go on a few test rides. You should find the right bike soon.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#140 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

So how long has everyone been riding?

I personally started to learn from my brother last summer, haven't really ridden much since then. On an off when ever he's around, or if I am at his house, but that's it.

#141 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

I first started the summer before 9th grade. So ummmm about 6 years now. I started on a little yamaha ttr-125L. Yeah that was a fun bike. I soon bought a Suzuki DR-Z400S, and that was an absolute blast. I hope to have it running again soon. Few years later (almost 2 years ago now) I bought my 'busa. Best bike i have ever ridden (and I have ridden tons of bikes, not just mine)
My Feedback

Posted Image

#142 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

How much does insurance run you with such a high powered bike? I know my brother's for his R6 ran him around $100.

#143 Mockstar

Mockstar

Enlarged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

High powered doesn't have anything to do with the ridiculous insurance cost on those crotch-rockets. insurance goes by CC's and type of bike. so technically mine should be through the roof! It's the fact that "johnny new rider" goes out, and gets himself one of the fastest bike produced, and almost kills himself a month later.

I enjoy only having to pay $177 a year for FULL coverage.

Edited by Mockstar, 18 April 2010 - 08:13 PM.

#144 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

CC's are the size of and engine a bike has, thus it virtually relates to the power a bike has. ex: A Ninja 250r will have half the horsepower of a 600cc. I am sure you know this though.

But what kind of bike do you have?

Edited by fiveten15093, 18 April 2010 - 08:29 PM.

#145 Mockstar

Mockstar

Enlarged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

I own a Harley. It has an S&S 100 cubic inch motor. That's 1638.7 CC's. If insurance was solely based on engine size, My insurance should be through the roof. The reason sportbike insurace is so expensive is Insurance is based on actual data, and according to statistics, sport motorcycles tend to be involved in more accidents than any other kind of bike.

I'm not turning this into a pissing contest. I owned a ZX7R back in '97. It was great being able to do 102MPH in second gear, but insurance was insane. I don't miss it.

#146 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

That's because people with sport bikes tend to try to hit their max speeds. Posted Image

Definitely not the brightest idea, but it looks pretty cool when you see them go up against sports cars....and win.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKtlgLdX2RI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url]

Edited by fiveten15093, 18 April 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#147 Mockstar

Mockstar

Enlarged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

Or when it's 500 feet off the dealers lot............

#148 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

Insurance does go on statistics. It also goes on the type of bike (i.e. sport bike, cruiser, hyperbike, superbike, etc) so that means a crotch rocket is always more than a cruiser. A harley of any kind is typically considered a cruiser. That is why you can have a 1900 cc strataliner and not pay out the ass for insurance. Engine displacement does not always equal speed or power. I guarantee a 1000 cc gixer will outrun that 1900 cc strat any day of the week, without even leaving 3rd gear. Hell, even a 600cc R6, or a GSXR 600 would leave the strat in its dust.

That all being said, I pay about 100$ a month, and that is bare, basic minimum insurance. I dont get theft coverage, damage coverage, hell I dont even have uninsured motorist coverage which you have to sign a waiver to get rid of! Yeah, I have the least possible insurance to be legal. If I wanted the typical full coverage insurance (which, btw is what is required by law in my state when financing a motorcycle) I would be paying 8 grand a fucking year.

*edit*
Just checked, the 1900cc stratoliner has 101HP. A freakin 600cc yamaha R6 has 109. Posted Image So no, displacement isnt always power. That being said, I have always been a fan of the saying "theres no replacement for displacement" Posted Image

*double edit*
Actually, I think the 2010 R6 has 131 HP Posted Image

Or when it's 500 feet off the dealers lot............

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RXGPF-w-B8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url]

I ROFL'd

Edited by danath 34, 19 April 2010 - 12:41 AM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#149 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

guys, if I ever bought a chopper, this would be the one! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.bosshoss....asp?x=BHC3LS3SS

*ps* it has a 376 V8 muscle car engine Posted Image I assume from the name of the bike, it is an LS3 engine Posted Image Thats freakin 6200 cc's!! damn, that is raw....

Edited by danath 34, 19 April 2010 - 12:53 AM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#150 fiveten15093

fiveten15093

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

That thing looks sick, I am not to big of a fan of choppers though.

I do not have the right body shape to ride one haha.

5'10" and 150 pounds would just look funny on that.

Edited by fiveten15093, 19 April 2010 - 08:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users