• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Big-D

Big-D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

I was just wondering what the difference is between the different intimidator's is?

Like the Alias intimidator, the Empire intimidator, infamous intimidator, Lasoya intimidator, Texas storm intimidator, Etc.

And the different years like 2k2, Gen 4, 2k5, 2k6 etc.

Is there any difference between all these different intimidator's, performance wise? Or is it just for looks?

And do the years make any difference between them or is that still just for looks?

Thank you.

Edited by Big-D, 24 February 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#2 AustinM

AustinM

R.I.P. #2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

well the timmys started out as a little bit bigger marker the BL introduced the alias it was a little smaller
as for all the name its just the milling will be a little different on each model
the gens are just wat they say they are there different generations of the intimidators
as for performance (using the original timy as a base line) as the gens progress the performance goes up just a little bit
the you get to the alias and i think it was the gen 4 (if im wrong correct me) which is probably the most know timmy
then you get to the gen 5 which is the protoge and vice (which people dont really recognise as timmys but they are)
so theres the timmy line in a nutshell if i messed up please correct me
If ur under 18 and buy all ur gear add this to ur sig
it seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team
Posted Image

#3 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

The difference in the names is some of those are private label ones.

#4 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

Around 2000, Bob Long came out with the Intimidator line. Also known as the Classic. There was one private label made, the Ripper. This was, I believe, shortly before the next generation Intimidator came out.

At Cup of 2001, Bob introduced the second generation Intimidator. Starting with the 2k2, Bob made a few changes, like the grip frame taking on the more traditional look (The Classic had a built in drop forward on the bottom of the grip frame), and the front was changed from two LPR's (One for the solenoid like other markers, and a second one, I believe, for the firing chamber) to only one LPR. Many of the parts of the second generation Intimidators were backwards engineered to work with the Classic. The biggest differences between the private label Intimidators is simply milling, with the Dragon and the Species being the exceptions. Instead of simply taking a hunk of aluminum and milling it down to the body, they are extruded, which I believe means that the aluminum is heated up and placed into a mold. The Species is a completely enclosed bolt design, so you could not use alot of the other bolts out there with it. Some of the private label names, other than the Dragon and Species, are the Lasoya, Shocktech, ECX, and Texas Strom.

At Cup of 2003, Bob Long introduced his third generation Intimidator. The Alias and the Empire were the two that were first to come out. They were about the same size body and frame wise, but the grip frame was moved closer to the middle of the body. The Alias used the newer LPR front block, while I think that the Empire did not. The new front block had a built in volumizer, to help with sustained rates of fire. The body was slightly different, as you could not use second generation parts, including the bolt and rammer, in the third generation body. Some of the additional body styles, which, again, was the only difference between them for the most part, were the Naughty Dogs, the Ripper 2, the Dark (Which actually used Warped Sports Function bolt, barrel, feedneck, grips, and on/off), and the non private label 2k5, basically a 2k2 made with the third generation grip frame, front block, and LPR. Bob's guys made a backwards compatible grip frame for the first and second generation.

At Cup of 2005, you had the fourth generation. This model, in my eyes, didn't take off as well as the others did. There were three models, the Empire II, the Infamous (And then Infamous went to PE before the end of the year), and the Ripper 3. Unlike the other generations, the only things that were backwards compatible, were the barrel, the HPR, and the grips. The fourth generation was smaller than the other generations.

At Cup of 2007, Bob brought forth the fifth generation. There are only two models, the Protege and the Vice. Like the fourth generation, they are not backwards compatible except the HPR, the barrel, and the grips. But unlike the fourth generation, they were immensely popular. They are a bit smaller than the fourth generation, brought about Bob's use of the 4C eyes, and he brought down the price. Everything else typically cost around $1100 or so, with the private labels going for around $1200+. The Protege came into the market at $550, and the Vice entered the market at $750.

There is hope for a sixth generation, with it technically being overdue with Bob's release schedule. There have been rumors of it being like the Victory, meaning a hoseless design. But we will see what we will see.

Tucan9999 can correct me, and fill in the blanks that I don't have. He is much more knowledgeable about the Bob Long lines than I am.

#5 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

well as the generations go up from 1 to 5, the performance goes up. Although some would argue that Gen3 is better than Gen4, because the gen4's were a little finicky.

The specific names within the generations general perform the same, just with different milling/colors mostly.

Read what Lament said, though, cus I think he has it down pretty well. lol. I dont have the patience (or that much knowledge) to type all that haha.

*edit*

Yeah lament had it written very well. Although there was a Gen 2.5 in there, which I want to say had a body like the Gen 2, but internals like the Gen 3. Although that could be reversed.

Also, I think gens 2.5 through 4 had LCD screens, while the Gen 5 uses LED's.

Edited by danath 34, 24 February 2010 - 08:11 PM.

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#6 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

Generations one and two also used LCD screens, and yes, there was a generation 2.5, but I think that it was only like the Ripper that was made that way. Or technically, the Empire was a generation 2.5. Again, Tucan9999 would be more knowledgeable about the Intimidator line, and would be able to fill in the blanks more easily than I can.

#7 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

I've got a 2.5 Empire Timmy :wub:

#8 jdlarson11

jdlarson11

Uber Member

• Banned
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

Since there is no written (I know we have Mike and his videos) source of information I'm gonna write one up based on what I can find and what I know about the Intimidator

Bodies, Generations, years.
Taken from intimidatorowners.com/PBNation. Written by Andimi86.
Generation 1

The original intimidator was released between 2000-2001. These were based off of the Bob Long Millennium body (similar to a spyder) and were some of the first true low pressure markers. Gen 1 markers came with Select Fire boards, and were also some of the first markers to support anti-chop eyes. They can be identified by the decoration block in the back, dual LPR housing (which includes and HPR and LPR), and characteristic frame. They were not sold with an in-line regulator. All of the Gen 1 Rippers are very limited and still remain very desirable.

Posted Image
Classic

Posted Image
Ripper 1

One version of the Prototype Ripper had the same milling as the Ripper 1 with additional milling under the barrel tube and a small dot behind the feedneck

Posted Image
Prototype Ripper (XKE's marker shown with upgrades. The originals came with the same parts as the other rippers)

The other Prototype Ripper had the milling under the barrel tube and more subtle milling the lower tube.

Posted Image
Prototype Ripper

Generation 2

In 2002 the intimidator line experianced it's first overhaul. The dual LPR block was replaced with a smaller single LPR block, and the frame was replaced with a clamshell design (except for the GZ which has a .45 frame). The body was lengthened to eliminate the decoration block, and a torpedo regulator was included stock. Later these came with WAS Boards (and later still Frenzy Boards) and clamping feed necks. With the addition of the WAS board this line became incredibly popular and dominated the tournament scene.

Posted Image
Ground Zero (GZ)

Posted Image
2k2

Posted Image
Dragon

The prototype Ironmen only had 4 windows in the lower tube. (See post #61 for details)

Posted Image
Ironmen

Posted Image
Nor*Cal

The Nor*Cal Intimidator uses an Ironmen body with custom badges.

Posted Image
ECX The origginal 7 ECX bodies were Dust Blue and used by the ECX Team.

Posted Image
Texas Storm

Posted Image
Lasoya

Posted Image
Prototype Lasoya (dcbiii's marker)

When Bob got the Prototypes back from the Machinist he asked the owners to grind the edges down because they were razor sharp.

Posted Image
Species Although the Species is a generation 2 Body it was made in 2004. It was the last generation 2 produced and it didn't have a slot milled for the bolt, instead it had a pin that ran flush with the bolt and it would be removed with the back cap.

Posted Image
Z The Z was basically a GZ Timmy without the .45 Frame

Posted Image
Shocktech

Posted Image
Flame The were only 2 Flames made and only 2 are still useable.

Generation 2.5

Altough not made during a specific time frame these guns include parts from more then one generation and fit best in their own category. They all come with a Generation 2 body and Generation 3 frame and internals.

The Empire Intimidator includes several unique parts. Changes included redesigned trigger frame that is only found on the Empire and Dragon 2.5, an all delrin Empire poppet that fits a Gen 2 ramsleeve, and a larger front block that fits bodies that aren't tapped for Gen 3 front blocks.

Posted Image
Empire

The Dragon 2.5 is an update of the popular Gen 2 Dragon. It includes an Empire frame (or in some cases a 2k5 frame) with updated electroncis, and Gen 3 front block, and Gen 3 internals (?).
Posted Image
Dragon 2.5

The 2k5 incorporates a Gen 2 body, front block, and internals with an updated frame and electronics.

Posted Image
2k5

Generation 3

Gen 3 Intimidators, a refinment of the Empire, were released in late 2003. The have a shorter body and bolt, redesigned trigger frame with an LCD screen in the grip area, smaller eye covers, delrin poppet, new ram sleeve and smaller LPR. The bumper was removed from the ram and placed on they ram cap instead. They also came with Frenzy boards, a new wiring harness, and faster Humphrey's solenoid.

Posted Image
Alias

Posted Image
Rendition Alias

Same body as an Alias with some stock upgrades and custom anodizing.

Posted Image
Naughty Dogs

Posted Image
Russian Legion

Posted Image
Atomix (A Bomb)

Posted Image
Dark

Posted Image
05 Lasoya

Posted Image
05 Shocktech

The Ripper 1.25 is often mislabled as the Ripper 1.5.

Posted Image
Ripper 1.25

Posted Image
Ripper 2

Posted Image
Ripper 2.5

Posted Image
Hellwood The Hellwood Timmy was made from the unmilled Naught Dogs bodies then they were ano'd Purple to black fade. There are only 17 (?) out there.

Posted Image
Miami Rage D2 team Alias

Generation 4

This is the most recent incarnation of the Intimidator. The largest changes are a smaller body, shorter bolt, new trigger frame, and new internals that feature a pressure balanced poppet. This allows the marker to use a much lower LPR pressure which helps reduce kick.

Posted Image
Empire

Posted Image
Infamous

Posted Image
Ripper 3

Generation 5

The fifth generation intimidator is probably the biggest change to the line since Generation 2. The clamshell from has been replaced by a frame similar to those found on the Marq. The front block has been eliminated and instead the LPR screws directly into the body and the vertical ASA has been incorperated into the frame. The balanced poppet has been changed back to a standard poppet, and the ram cap has be redesigned. Also, macroline and a bottomline ASA are now included stock. Posted Image

Posted Image
Protege (bcoffron's marker)

Posted Image

Boom! Headshot! Posted Image

Edited by jdlarson11, 25 February 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#9 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Heres my gorgeous timmy
Posted Image

#10 nycpbguy

nycpbguy

★★★★★★★★★