• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 efx*

efx*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

Im on a team sponsored by planet eclipse. To make a long story short, I can't make up my mind ego 9 or geo.. Plus I have no clue what colors I should get. I do like spoolys and I do like poppet valve markers. Right now I have a ego 7 and a dm7.. This is going to be hard :(

All help is appricated..
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

I was a naughty boy and my image was larger than it was supposed to be. I got mowed by kitty.

#2 z3th

z3th

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

I have both and I would alternate them each game when I play. They're both great so I can't justify making one a backup marker.

You get more shots per fill on the Ego but it's not like you're getting twice as much. I don't find it a big hussle to fill up on air. The Geo feels smoother for me but definitely not a huge difference when you compare it to the Ego.

Same reg, trigger, grip, board, asa, feedneck, barrel...

So in the end I think you'll end up getting the one that you think looks better. I personally like the looks of the Ego 09. For the color imagine the pink lady but with chrome ccu.

#3 efx*

efx*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

I have both and I would alternate them each game when I play. They're both great so I can't justify making one a backup marker.

You get more shots per fill on the Ego but it's not like you're getting twice as much. I don't find it a big hussle to fill up on air. The Geo feels smoother for me but definitely not a huge difference when you compare it to the Ego.

Same reg, trigger, grip, board, asa, feedneck, barrel...

So in the end I think you'll end up getting the one that you think looks better. I personally like the looks of the Ego 09. For the color imagine the pink lady but with chrome ccu.

Thanks man.. I am probably getting the ego 9, and maybe the pink lady, I LOVE dust white guns!!!, if I don't get the pink lady I will get blue with grey accents..
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

I was a naughty boy and my image was larger than it was supposed to be. I got mowed by kitty.

#4 rquily

rquily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

Thanks man.. I am probably getting the ego 9, and maybe the pink lady, I LOVE dust white guns!!!, if I don't get the pink lady I will get blue with grey accents..

you can buy an upped used ion for less than 200 and an upped used DP F7 for about 200. They're about the same as geo vs ego without all the other fancies... You save $1000 dollars!!! You can buy a used car and drive to the nearest field with still enough money for field entree, paint, and all day air!!! LMAO

if this doesn't convince you, get the ego9.. it's predecessors have been proven to be godly and geo is pretty much a super-charged turbo maxed ion with extra fancy stuff in it.

Edit: oh i didn't read the first two posts lol... i see your sponsored... ego9! thumbs up!

Edited by rquily, 24 November 2008 - 09:22 PM.

#5 italian mobster

italian mobster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

the ego will always be better than the ego, the egos have better air eff. and have greater speeds and are lighter, but on geo has the making to become the king of spool valves.
I dont like you

#6 efx*

efx*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

the ego will always be better than the ego, the egos have better air eff. and have greater speeds and are lighter, but on geo has the making to become the king of spool valves.

Yea, I like spoolys, I have a dm7 and a ego 7 but im not going to lie.. I like my ego 7 alot more than the dm7.. So to me Poppet > Spool... But Im going to shoot the geo and ego to make my final desition..

#7 Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan

Playing since 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

ego9 :super :tup:

#8 wildman94

wildman94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

ego 09

#9 efx*

efx*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:08 AM

Im still confused.. My ego 7 is way similar to the ego 9.. I would rather have a geo.. I just don't like how non air efficient they are.. I use a 48/45 tank..

#10 Chud Smacker

Chud Smacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

Stop Bitching and get one, paintball is personal Preferance.
Thanks,

Taylor.
QUOTE (TechPB-Mike @ Nov 15 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goes anywhere? We've already gone somewhere, and anytime people think we have slowed down, we shift gears and put the pedal through the fuckin firewall, hit the nitrous button, and grit our teeth as we grab this entire industry by the hair and kick it in the ass.

We haven't even started, TechPB hasn't even rolled out of bed yet, paintball has idea what we are capable of......

#11 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

Your going to want to edit your post, "the ego will always be better than the ego" I think you meant, "the ego will always be better than the geo..."
Just throwing that out there ;)

- Lucas

#12 Mr.Cool

Mr.Cool

U mirin?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

I think the geo looks retarded but i've never shot it or the ego but by looks get the ego

#13 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

This is dumb, not a hard choice. Do u like poppet or spool? Then pick out a color YOU like. Not hard
Midwest Paintball 4 Life
08 grey and fern green EGO
68 4500 Crossfire HP Tank
Velocity Jr Hopper
VForce Profiler Mask
NXE 5+4 Pack
Planet Eclipse Pants

#14 efx*

efx*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

This is dumb, not a hard choice. Do u like poppet or spool? Then pick out a color YOU like. Not hard

Not really lol.. I like both but I can't figure out which one I want...

#15 lechoochpumpballer

lechoochpumpballer

Pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

if i werw u i would get the ego 9 just because PE has been making them for years and the ego is a proven desighn as where yhe geo is brand new and probobly has bugs to work out. but if you do decide to get the geo you should wait for the secoud batch because they will probobly have less problems
Cocker Owners Club #22
WE ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS OUR LOVE FOR THE SPORT
Proud to be a closed bolt baller!#4@#
Pump players UNITE

Why Throw An Ion When YOU Can Sell it for 60$ ???

#16 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

if i werw u i would get the ego 9 just because PE has been making them for years and the ego is a proven desighn as where yhe geo is brand new and probobly has bugs to work out. but if you do decide to get the geo you should wait for the secoud batch because they will probobly have less problems

I completely agree with you, Planet Eclipse has been perfecting their Ego for many years. I would definently pick them over the Geos ;)
- Lucas

#17 lechoochpumpballer

lechoochpumpballer

Pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:28 PM

I completely agree with you, Planet Eclipse has been perfecting their Ego for many years. I would definently pick them over the Geos ;)
- Lucas

thank you
Cocker Owners Club #22
Pump players UNITE

#18 efx*

efx*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for helping me decide.. I talked to mike last night..

Im getting the ego 9..

#19 lechoochpumpballer

lechoochpumpballer

Pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

oh really, thats great that your getting it

P.S. you made the right choice!
Cocker Owners Club #22
Pump players UNITE

#20 parkerpaintball

parkerpaintball

keep it cool

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

hey depends on what you like do you like poppet or spool vaulve. it is up to you
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that stuff, put this in your sig!!!

92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your ass off put this in your sig!!!

#21 soldsoul

soldsoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

I would go with the 09 ego because I have heard some rumors about the Geo with the board problems.

As for the colors. I would try to match with your team colors. If you can't do that then go with whatever your jersey is. I like matching.
Black with Grey parts 07 ego

#22 lechoochpumpballer

lechoochpumpballer

Pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

that is funny because i thought that thay had the same board, but apparently not
Cocker Owners Club #22
Pump players UNITE

#23 Pizzaluvr

Pizzaluvr

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

that is funny because i thought that thay had the same board, but apparently not

I think they have different dwell. I would also assume the spool valve board would have anti bolt stick and some other things like that.

Team Fracture
B&E Paintball--Wild World Paintball

#24 lechoochpumpballer

lechoochpumpballer

Pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:13 PM

ya i know that they have different dwell times but they both have anti bolt stick, even though it is not needed on the ego
Cocker Owners Club #22
Pump players UNITE

#25 tothy

tothy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

I'm too lazy to quote it but some1 said what do you like better, poppit or spool?

Personally poppit from me, but whatever you feel more comfortable with

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#26 pb4bean

pb4bean

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

poppets are more efficient (even though they both are) but spool valves jsut arent reliable in my eyes. go with the ego just to be safe. i love the feel of poppets
What it do

#27 Pizzaluvr

Pizzaluvr

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

Poppet-spool combo ftw!!(Marq)

Team Fracture
B&E Paintball--Wild World Paintball

#28 lechoochpumpballer

lechoochpumpballer

Pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

haha yah marq, but between a popet and a spool, i would take the spool because it shoots so much smoother and quieter. it anso feels better in the hands to me
Cocker Owners Club #22
Pump players UNITE

#29 t51rmkiv

t51rmkiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

haha yah marq, but between a popet and a spool, i would take the spool because it shoots so much smoother and quieter. it anso feels better in the hands to me

That being said, from all the reports coming back about the Geo its not any smoother or quieter then late model Ego's. The only real advantage is if the buyer wanted a single tube gun. The Marq on the other hand looks like a promising investment. Mike seems to love his, and based on its lattest review video, it combines all the good qualities of popit and spool valve markers into one package.

#30 PaintballHazard

PaintballHazard

Speedballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

PLANET ECLIPSE GEO
When an Ego and a Matrix have a baby...
Indiana Member #2 Retired TechPB user

#31 Bt-pb

Bt-pb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

the geo won't have any bugs, because they've been creating it for 4 years, this so that they could perfect it.

#32 crzywhiteman01

crzywhiteman01

Night Owl of the Newbie Forum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

Im on a team sponsored by planet eclipse. To make a long story short, I can't make up my mind ego 9 or geo.. Plus I have no clue what colors I should get. I do like spoolys and I do like poppet valve markers. Right now I have a ego 7 and a dm7.. This is going to be hard :(

All help is appricated..

Both are very good markers. All you really need to deiced is do you want a spool or a poppet valve marker. Also the ego is a little better on air. But in my opinion I would go with the GEO because it is different. It is unlike any other gun out there and I like originality. Since you all ready have an ego 07 the 09 is not that much different so go with the GEO to try something brand new that has never existed before.

#33 joshua2209

joshua2209

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

If you're really getting it in decemeber they might have a new gun out by then. I think....
LNIB rev-i for sale/trade
http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61211

#34 Fusionz

Fusionz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

This thread is old.. he said he was already getting an Ego9.. it was made in late november lol.

#35 joshua2209

joshua2209

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

Lol wow I didnt read the OP date.
LNIB rev-i for sale/trade
http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61211

#36 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

I have a GEO and an EGO8. the EGO is my backup for my GEO. I get the same efficiency with the GEO, pretty much, as an EGO, and it is a bit lighter and quieter. As to color, I like a Ninja or the one Joker that I have seen, but the white with cyan parts is nice tool.

#37 Protokid4life

Protokid4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:22 PM

have u considered a vanguard creed? OLED board, no need to get into grips, i mean you can charge your gun while at the field. Just throwing it out there. I luv mine it shoots absolute ropes. Great efficency and reliability. If you are looking for effenciency look at the Bob long victory. Yes i know it's not out but if you don't mind waiting. There is a video on youtube of some guy getting 10 pods wiht air still left. I mean it's all ur personal opinion.
play with respect, and get respect!

#38 pbplayer77

pbplayer77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

He shoulda kept Ego 7, bought Geo, best of both worlds. Anyways, Ego 7 is an Ego 9 give or take a few things.

Sig by Stinger, he and Laburton do good work, check em' out.

#39 Lament

Lament

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

have u considered a vanguard creed? OLED board, no need to get into grips, i mean you can charge your gun while at the field. Just throwing it out there. I luv mine it shoots absolute ropes. Great efficency and reliability. If you are looking for effenciency look at the Bob long victory. Yes i know it's not out but if you don't mind waiting. There is a video on youtube of some guy getting 10 pods wiht air still left. I mean it's all ur personal opinion.

Not that it matters, since the OP posted back about six months ago what he was getting (Ego9), but he is on a Planet Eclipse sponsored team, so him shooting either of those markers, great as they are, is not going to happen.

#40 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

the geo is very similar to a poppet (not technically, i know) shooting wise, it doesnt really sound like a spoolie but its as smooth as any. its like shooting a really really smooth poppet thats quieter than almost all poppets but not as quiet as a matrix. since you like poppets you will probably like the geo
Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#41 Pain-T-Baller

Pain-T-Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

you can buy an upped used ion for less than 200 and an upped used DP F7 for about 200. They're about the same as geo vs ego without all the other fancies... You save $1000 dollars!!! You can buy a used car and drive to the nearest field with still enough money for field entree, paint, and all day air!!! LMAO

if this doesn't convince you, get the ego9.. it's predecessors have been proven to be godly and geo is pretty much a super-charged turbo maxed ion with extra fancy stuff in it.

Edit: oh i didn't read the first two posts lol... i see your sponsored... ego9! thumbs up!

For shot to shot consistency and absolutely no kick go with the GEO. they are so sexy. i ahve the covert GEO and i love it to bits. true it's air efficiency isn't as good as the EGO but it is so damned consistent it is just amazing. I love my GEO personally. plus I like having things when they are like one offs like the GEO because this is the first year of them.
certified: GEAR WHORE!!!!! Canadian Ballers club!!
95% of all teens would go into a panic if the Jonas brothers AND Miley Sirus were on a 100 foot building about to jump. copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends while yelling "DO A BACKFLIP!!!!!!!"

#42 bman03

bman03

*sigh*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

IMO

ego6<ego7=ego8<ego9<ego10<=ego11

Haven't shot ego 11 yet so not sure.

I like spoolies so I would get the geo.
Classic Paintball Lithia Springs GA FTW! If you play there put this in your signature.
My new setup right now is an, Etek 3 LT, Prophecy loader, crossfire 48/4500psi carbon fiber.

Any questions or advice pm me.

#43 NTENSE

NTENSE

Parkway Drive #1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

you answered your own question you dont like spools and you like poppits.....ego9 ughh duhh
KusH Iron ballers black
eBay Feedback+8/-0
Feed Back +4/-0

#44 ryanzab

ryanzab

Winsauce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

Geo IS smoother Ego is more air efficent. IMo The geo Is Really sexy

If the world ends in 2012 and we're all going to die, I ain't going out till my website is fixed. You could turn the world upside down and shake it, I'll simply put on a seatbelt and continue to get the coding done!

Feedback3/0/0

#45 spankopotomous=paintball

spankopotomous=paintball

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

IMO

ego6<ego7=ego8<ego9<ego10<=ego11

Haven't shot ego 11 yet so not sure.

I like spoolies so I would get the geo.