• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 theRiTTzer

theRiTTzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

Ok, first off... I hate windows... a lot... if it were a living being I would brutally murder it.
I just spent like 3 hours writing this, was about to post it and my computer decided it needed to restart. EVIL HAPPY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, now, I am re-typing it all from memory... joy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

no...... I need a smoke first..................

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok! Better! =D

here we go! Again!
OK, so I'm new to the TechPB forums! I haven't played paintball in like 2 years and am looking to get back into the sport! Woo fun!
Anyways, a little info about me and a hello to ya here:
http://www.techpb.co...0

I've been wanting a nice marker for a while now, and I finally have the money to get one!
Getting tired of my ol' 98c (doesn't even have act), I really enjoyed the years I put into it
but it really doesn't suit my style anymore. I've played with a lot of friends markers (don't ask me
what markers, I'm terrible with names T_T) and I think I know what I like!

What I like:

• 45 or Sling triggers, a really good semi-shooter, no wobble, micro, and the feel of cold steel! =)
  • on/off asa's with the macro out the front not the side
  • vertical feed necks T_T
  • simplicity, and easy maintenance
  • Good for woodsball play, And really good in speedball
  • Durability, i like full metal, not thin walls
  • Really nice stock parts, barrel, asa, reg, eyes, clamping neck, trigger, board
  • lcd screens, bleeping lights are ok, as long as it's easy to use and really customizable
  • butstocks, sometimes it's annoying, but I can't live without it!
  • foregrip, I love a horizontal foregrip, I don't always use it but it's nice to have
  • good ergonomics (I have long arms)
  • Poppets, awesome design, easy to maintain, great noise!
  • sound, I like a loud, intimidating, thud
  • easy to slide out bolt and clean on field
  • no chopping T_T
  • Upgradability, as long as it's REALLY good to start with
  • weaver rails, I love them, I really like the top ones to run 45 along the sides
  • Great balance (with stock)
  • being able to rip a high rof when I want

I don't like:

• Rake and single triggers, and anything that shoots 3 balls when you shake the damn marker!! TRIGGER WOBBLE!!!
  • Bulging Bottles in my shoulder!!! My biggest gripe! I hate it! I like stocks, but they get annoying sometimes too, I don't like to have nothing there either!
  • Fine feed neck threads, they scare me... :<
  • 50lbs markers (2~3lbs is good)
  • regulators that twist in my grip
  • crappy stock parts
  • finding lubricant in my barrel
  • Really long, or short, body.
  • milsim, I like rails, but I HATE fake magazines
  • corny looking grips, or grips that don't feel good
  • Clown colors, I like black, black and hot pink maybe, camo, but all those colors make me puke!
  • Markers that try to look cool, or pretty! All markers are ugly! (well, except Mikes old Species, Gawd that thing was beautiful <3)
  • Having to take apart the whole damn marker to maintenance it! BS!
  • Just polish the damn thing, gunu make me pay all that money, bs!
  • Plastic parts T_T high grade plastic... it's still bloody plastic
  • When little kids make fun of me for the marker I'm using... T_T I don't really care... :'(
  • parts that only fit on one marker
  • leaks like a sib every time you mess with it
  • Sardines!!!

Things I don't care about:

• insane rates of fire
  • weight (well, mostly)
  • looks (mostly)
  • Who it's made by (welllllllll....)
  • little kids that make fun of my marker T_T

I know what you're thinking. Yes. I own an ION. T_T
not even going to talk about it. I'm selling it ASAP! Ha

Alright, so, I'm looking to get a beginning to mid ranged tourney marker...
somewhere around $300-500. Later I'll get a bling machine and give my little brother whatever I buy now.
I've been looking around and all I've come up with is more questions. So I thought I'd ask you guys!

Here are some I'm looking at:

• SmartParts SP-1 w/Blackheart board
Now, I know this isn't the best choice for me (doesn't line up with a lot of my likes). AND, I'm not sure I EVER
want to own another SmartParts marker again. AND, its spoil, not a really big deal but... BUT... Mike and MANY others gave it rave reviews.
My only concern is, if I get this will I be forever doomed to the stock parts. I mean, is SmartParts DONE?
Doesn't sound like a smart idea to buy a marker that's company is gone. I'm sure there will be aftermarket
parts for a while? Maybe. Anyways, I'm just not sure how good an idea it is to get this.

• Infinity Legend
So, this seems like a great buy if I can get it before they're sold out. It has a LOT of things I like, and it has
great reviews! But, are they going out as well? I've heard they may just be making room for new stock (markers)
but who knows. I'm more inclined to go this route even if they are going out, looks like a solid marker.
My only question is, if I can't manage to buy one while they're liquidating shout I buy it used?
How much risk is there in buying it used? Should I just buy another marker new over buying this used?

• MacDev Drone
Hmm, this looks nice, comparable to the SP-1?? All aluminum, I like that, but, wonder what it weighs...
what do yall think? Option 3?

Anyways, that's my dilemma! Any insight would be nice, especially seeing how it's now taken me 5 hours to write this... T_T
if yall can think of any good markers I'm not thinking of or missing around those parameters please let me know!
Like I said, this will hold me off for a good while (maybe through the summer? meh) until I get what I really want.

Looking at the Droid RX or an Ego 10... NT looked nice till I saw it has no LCD T_T
but we'll save that for later

tomorrow, erm, today I'm going to go to the pro shop and see about holding some markers for the ergonomics...
HA! take that windows! spell check HATES me! hahahahahaha!!!!! >8D
Well, it's been fun! Time for another quick smoke and I'm off to bed! =D
its 5am! YAY!

Btw,
I'm also getting an Azodin Kaos Pump
I miss pumps
and pistols....
erm YEAH! BED! Ha

-edit, spelling error... sorry, perfectionist! -

Edited by theRiTTzer, 03 March 2010 - 06:24 AM.

"sneaky like a stealth ninja sasquatch! :D"

#2 DarkEgo06

DarkEgo06

PoFo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:14 AM

angel A1? and you could but the new butstock for it?
and that sucks that your computer is a peice of shit:P

#3 Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:59 AM

the Sp1 or a used angel A1 with a tac kit
Posted Image

#4 OEFVetran

OEFVetran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

i would highly recommend the angel a1 or a1 fly (used) unless you have the moeny for a new one. with the magnetic internals that come stock in the fly, and are an option for the a1 (magno kit), its one of the smoothest shooting poppits out there. and with the new tactical kit, you can have a stock on there, or remover it for speedball. the a1 come with a OLED screen, and the board is easy to program, one of the best semi boards out there. the trigger may be the only thing you dont like about it, as its a blade style trigger, but critical makes a drop in replacement for it. happen to love the trigger, and its easy to walk. as far as sound goes, my a1 is like a hand cannon, dont know why, its just loud as hell (think my LPR might be set too high), but angels have a very distinct sound when they shoot. a couple buddies of mine used to have them, and you could always pic them out in a firefight.

as far as other milsim markers, you might want to check out the MTAC from bob long. but, you arent going to fine many painball guns with stocks that work really well for speedball, unless you somehow remove them. the Angel A1 platform seems to fit the bill for ya though, highly recommend it.

#5 Tizzy

Tizzy

All posts below mine require a piece of paper w/ name/date!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

sp vibe with blackheart board, or ego
Avalon's Fury

Posted Image

What do you mean physically damaged? And would I sent the tank in?

if you hit it with a hammer, dragged it behind the car, threw it at a tree, etc...

#6 kace922

kace922

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

look into the macdev tactical drone. Its a speedball gun with rails. Or the bob long mtac.

#7 Starter

Starter

The Bestest of All Titles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

maybe you like pmr? or bob long protege? or etek 3 am? really alot of markers meet your criteria but imho the legend would be a great deal it used to be twice what it is now (cash wise) but if your looking more mil sim the macdev tactical drone or the Blong Mtac sorta heavy but whatever like stated above angel a1 (sorry just throwing alot of choices out there)

Edited by Starter, 03 March 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#8 Shamrock905

Shamrock905

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

angel a1 or bob long protege.
2k6 Bob Long Intimidator-CP 14' .685 barrel, Pinokio, Ninja 68/4500
2k2 Cocker Pump-Hooptie Pump Kit, CCM Dust Black 86 degree trigger frame, CP 14' .685 barrel, CP Rail, CP Reg, Check-It Delrin Bolt, Ninja 13/3000 HPA tank, Pocket Hoppers.......

#9 paintballjohn

paintballjohn

Jack of all Trades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

I like the 2010 PMR personally. Get it in black and it'll look badass.
Sure you can fight, but it is our wits that make us men.

#10 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

Used Vice or Angel A1 fly.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#11 DcSalem

DcSalem

I Rule The EGO World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

INvert Mini with a new design on/off with ape rampage board great marker

Life is hell but so it the society we live in!

I MISS MY EGO8

#12 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'd have to vote on the angel or legend. High budget, angel. Lower, legend.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#13 theRiTTzer

theRiTTzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:09 AM

Hey, sorry it's taken me a while to reply!
Went to the shop, All they had was bloody spyders and tippmanns!! I need to find a better shop,
which sucks because then next closest shop is 40 miles away! T_T
So I've been researching what I can online and here's what I've come up with:

• Infinity Legend
I think this is my favorite pick right now. Watched A LOT of videos on this and I LOVE the sound it makes, I can almost feel it (yay for hooking your phone up to speakers)!
Also, this marker has SEVERAL features that I like. And, for the things it's lacking I feel I can upgrade it (on/off asa w/ forward macro, feedneck clamping, maybe a stock).
Love the easy Maintenance (I clean my markers completely every time I use them, its fun! as long as it doesn't take 2 hours.... T_T). And everyone says it's a rockin semi-god.
If I can get the money in time to purchase this before they're gone I will get it...
Black and Pink fade hopefully! Woo! (Shadup!) Posted Image

• Bob Long Protege
Ok, so this one I completely passed over, thanks for the suggestion! I kinda see it as a rival (or comrade?) to the Legend, but I couldn't know that for sure without shooting both of them.
I'm not sure, but the maintenance seems a little more intensive, but not enough to worry about (mikes superglue tip is genius! ha). I think I may just get one after a while
if I can find a good used one. I don't want the vice because it seems to be mostly looks? After posting this I'm going to throw up a Protege VS legend post if no one has before.

So, it's between those two. I'm very thankful to everyone who posted. So I want to explain how I narrowed it down.
Some issues I had with picking the other options:

• Angel A1/Fly
First off, thank you OEFVetran for the detailed suggestion!!
I had considered this, I knew about the cool stock, but I have a few little issues with this marker. Number one being it's a BEAST to
maintenance if you have to do anything other than mess with the bolt. Yeah, I know, it rarely ever has problems, BUT... I like to take
apart my whole marker and lube it often! I love doing it, but I don't want to spend 2 hours on it! And, it's like, one of the most intensive
processes on any marker (imo), to get one part out you have to take off like 4 other things before you can safely get to it. I'm a ballur
not a surgeon, sorta. Now, all that aside, I love angels! Like you said, beautiful noise, smooth as baby powdered silk, and awesome LCD.
The other bother, the price, might as well get a cyborg or an ego10 for 200 more... I can't find used prices, so let me know what they
usually run for if you will! Posted Image
  • Invert Mini
Ok, so, not having had one and just going off of other peoples mouth words, I've heard these are hit and miss on getting a good one.
Now, that aside, I DID manage to hold one in the shop, it was like the ONLY non spyder/tippmann marker they had I think!! T_T
it's too small in my hands! Posted Image
I can practically shoot it with both hands! Haha, 8 finger walk?? Posted Image

• PMR
No.

• Bob Long Mtac
While I LOVE the foregrip design and the ability to use a stock, I HATE (HHHHAAAATTTTEEEE) FAKE MAGAZINES!!! I'm prejudice and I don't care! Posted Image
  • MacDev Drone
Still unsure on this one seeing how there isn't much info (that I've found, yet!) on it. Still looks cool though.

• SmartParts Sp1
Sorry, I just can't bring myself to buy another smartparts marker, not a least till I know they are back and have for sure changed their ways!

Anyways, like I said, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help! I look forward to making some purchases and more importantly playing some
PAINTBALL!

"sneaky like a stealth ninja sasquatch! :D"

#14 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

the used vice, in the 400-500 dollar range AWESOME gun!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users